Easterns Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Fast paced & huge turn over.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDJune 1, 2019
Highly competitive atmosphere that suits over achievers but leaves less enthusiased or competitive workers behind. Cut throat tactics & the "say & do ANYTHING for a sale mentality."
Pros
Flexible working atmosphere, customer relations.
Cons
Highly competitive, huge turn over, no set Salary.
great enviorment
Sales & Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 20, 2019
great place to work at mr robert bassam is always present if you need anything he is very family oriented and loves to reward his employees, every quarter he showing he appreciated us and throw party big ones
Fun place to work
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMay 16, 2019
There are very few places that have the kind of atmosphere I've experienced at Easterns in Hyattsville. There are times where management puts a bit of pressure on you, but that is what's expected in a sales driven environment. For the most part, it's a fun, laid back environment. Also, the fact that you are receiving pay based on your hours worked keeps the aforementioned pressure from being overwhelming. And with the ability to earn commission on aftermarket products and bonuses based on units sold is a strong motivator to do more than just meet sales goals.
Pros
Fun Enviornment
Cons
Sales Driven at its Core, which can be intimidating
It starts with YOU
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 16, 2019
I think some Managers truly care and try to make work a good environment . I see some unreasonable reviews on here tbh. I think everyone is human and stress will cause tension. But to say my managers just don't care would be a reach. They are numbers driven but what sales-related business isn't.
BUT I think slightly better pay would make it easier to deal with certain things. Money talks.
Honestly I think this company is as proactive and innovative as any. Which is why I want to be completely honest.
Pay isn't horrible.. its fairly decent when compared to the low budget pay some companies pay but we don't want to be compared to those places. We aren't doing low budget work...as a salesman we are expected to provide top notch consulting , selling , wash cars sometimes, pick up customers and follow up on documents with customers. At Easterns you're more than a Desk Salesman. You are a Renaissance man and tbh I love and embrace it. I think that's the type of employee the best businesses have. BUT the average rent (in MD : $1531) alone is still more than 70% of your net base pay for a MONTH ($2000) of working as a salesman unless you hit bonuses. That's unsettling if this job takes up 40-50 hrs a week. I like working here but that forces you to work another job to stay afloat but leaves little hrs a week to do so and have any ounce of family interaction.

Now sure, that's not to say that the cost of living is the CEO's fault or problem but when your problems are taken into consideration as the worker ants of the company you WILL produce better for the CEO and will naturally
  more... have a better work environment for everyone.

Again, This place has given me the platform to grow as a salesman and individual along with the confidence to thrive in negotiation- related situations and sales in general.

The CEO is a thoughtful family-oriented man with high expectations. I respect him and what he has built.
I just believe that like all great businesses..to become and stay great you must remain dynamic while keeping your foundation principles.
I think he does that pretty well and will continue to implement ways to better Easterns Automotive.
Pros
CEO is hands-on, Diverse company, Competitive, Growth opportunities
Cons
Pay could be a little better, Better communication
Family work environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MDMay 16, 2019
Easterns Automotive Group is well organized, great pay, family orientated. Easterns has great benefits 401k,health and dental and quarterly events for top performers.
i love easterns
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 16, 2019
I miss working there I plan on re-applying I loved every minute of it I would rather work there then anywhere else and trust me I've worked everywhere
Pros
pay and the fun
Current employee
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 16, 2019
Easterns has become a family to me, wounderful place to work. Positve results oreinted working envorment that encourages growth and development from with in. Great place for someone who is looking to learn and start a career in the automotive industry.
Pros
All, You will get out what you put in.
Cons
None, You will get out what you put in.
Felt Like Family...
Business Developer (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 27, 2019
I woke up everyday excited to go to work. My coworkers were like family and we all looked out for each other. Any issues that arose were handled by management with the utmost professionalism.
Work place
service and parts manager (Current Employee) –  sterling vaFebruary 13, 2019
This is the best job I Have ever had, 35 years in the car business and this company really knows how to take care of its employees better than any i have encountered
Fast paced dealership.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2019
Easterns Automotive Group is a good place to break into the car business. Very competitive environment for both managers and sales position. Extremely high turn over rate.
good product
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 1, 2018
Easterns is a fantastic employment opportunity to engage the public in their effort to purchase a great vehicle. They offer good training, good support and everything. YOUR JOB IS YOUR CREDIT.
advancement oriented
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 23, 2018
I believe in this company. They will be around for along time to come.
They stand behind what they sell. They have always proven to be honest and reliable. The team at Easterns is exceptional. The owner is hands on the best I have seen in the business. He has an open door policy and keeps it that way. Every individual there tries their hardest to help each other.
Pros
team oriented
Cons
alot oof hours to be worked
Too many policy and pay changes
Auto Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDMay 3, 2018
Salary plus bonus at interview, then bonus gone on first day of work.. 20% income reduction to all sales staff.
would not provide refreshments for customers, wanted salaried sales staff to come out of pocket
length of time for financing options and payments given from management was completely unacceptable..average time to buy a vehicle here is 5-6 hrs.
not for me
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 29, 2018
not for me at all. management was ill prepared, and was suspected of substance abuse. pay was minimal and hours were too long. no vacation time and very few holidays
Worst Place to Work and People to work with.
Title Clerk/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDJanuary 9, 2018
The worst place to work they do not care about employees or what you are going through no 401k not benefits. You go in working like a slave and leave with nothing.
Pros
Other than the great customre no pros
Poor
Settlement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 26, 2017
Not for young girls. All of the older ladies there are really jealous and are very disrespectful. They do not treat you fairly and leave all the work for you to do, They report to work every morning and make you stay late overnight to finish what they did not complete.
helped me become better sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDOctober 10, 2017
spend four years with company liked it but the hours were just to much 70 plus hours week it takes a toll and the cut throat with other sales people feel like was going in a fight each day everybody wanted steal there sales and was not professional at all and a lot of favoritisms
Pros
control how much i make
Cons
co workers, favoritism, not professional
Good job
Inventory Administrator (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDOctober 9, 2017
Nice place, good environment. It's like a family over there. Definitely a high pressured atmosphere there though. Great benefits, and they really try to take care of their employees.
Not the best
Top Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 11, 2017
A typical work day is a long 10-11 hrs but can easily be more hours. Managers are slow and customers will literally wait hours for a approval beacuse of their lack of efficiency in work progress. Used vehicles tend to have small issues but us as salesmen have to pay for repairs.. Completly unfair . Also if a customer decides they do not want to do a review my will not get paid on the deal even tho we spent hours with a customer and actually closed and sold the deal. Not the best place to work.
Pros
Meet alot of people
Cons
No life time take money from us for everything.
Cool
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Rosedale, MDNovember 20, 2015
I've learned and grown a lot in this company. I've gone from brand new sales person, to sales manager, to finance director.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Easterns Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Easterns Automotive Group Reviews by Location