Easterseals Midwest
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Easterseals Midwest Employee Reviews

United States151 reviews
You will always be able to get overtime at this job due to how short on staffing they are. It was rewarding working with clients with developmental disabilities, but sometimes they throw you into a house that you do not have adequate training at. Some of the supervisors and managers will try to hide things in order to save themselves. They also have their favorites
Pros
overtime pay, pto, flexible schedules
Terrible communication, supervisors will put new staff over senior staff. You go above supervisor because They aren’t doing their job, be Prepared to get put even Lower one the todem poll.
Pros
Ehh. Nothing
Easterseals Midwest genuinely cares about all of their employees.They go above and beyond in recognizing and honoring the work that staff do everyday.
Pros
ability to move around the company; flexible schedules
Cons
pay is depdendent on federal funding
Every day is a new adventure! You will face new challenges and learn valuable skills that will continue with you throughout your career. Far more rewarding than simply earning a paycheck.
Great opportunity for advancement even if you dont have a degree. Horrible company for work/life. Balance if you are in a supervisor/management role for direct care. Decent benefits.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Don't agree to a salary job!! I have worked so many hours that I was never reimbursed for. Salary does not get bonuses or paid for anything over 40 hours. I would work 70-90 hours weekly
Pros
Cons
Everything you can thionk of
Wasted time working there. They couldn't give me hours I needed. Went back to my old job part time. I feel cheated and one of the co workers I worked with was rude and very unprofessional.
Everything was all good for the first two years I worked there then we had a change in management and everything went downhill from staff fighting each other to staff sending each other death threats to the manager not caring about anything but herself to them saying that we cannot takeoff work and less we were 35.5 hours a week to them not caring about staff at all The whole company is based off favoritism and is kind of getting related I would suggest you not work there if you don’t wanna deal with any of these things
The most frustrating part of the job was that despite having a position that required me to know everything that was going on, my desk was very isolated from where people discussed what was going on. Luckily, once I caught wind of things it was fairly easy to get details.
I really don't have much to say at this time. I was paid good as a management role. Trainings were good. Kansas city is left out of social events and fund raisers.
The job itself is great working with the individuals. Management is poor due to lack of communication, management is overworked due to being short staffed. Some in management do not know how to speak to staff respectfully.
I was excited to work here, because I wanted a different work environment outside of retail. I wish I would have stayed in retail, or found a different job. This company does not have a good work/life balance. You are constantly threatened to be written up for things that they can't write you up for. Management has no clue what they're doing, and you can never get a straight answer from anyone. You also have to put in for PTO a month in advance, and even then are told by supervisor that just because you out in for it a month or more in advance doesn't mean you are getting the day off. They leave you out of ratio, which is against company and DMH policy. They are very buddy buddy here. If you are not on their good list, forget about getting help with anything. Not to mention, the compensation is terrible. And for Christmas, even though the company gets high dollar gift cards, direct care only gets $10-20 gas station gift cards... And no raise... While higher ups get raises $200+ gift cards, company vehicles (that are high end luxury brands), . They don't care about direct support staff.
It depends on who you work with. Certain individuals should not be in this program and are a danger to themselves and others and the upper sections of management ignore this or do not even address the issues at hand. This same management will also make requests of you outside of your normal work hours with threats of suspension if "not handled in a timely manner" even if they fully know you can not deliver. I personally have been told to have paperwork delivered to the office by a set time when I am already on shift and unable to even travel to the office at that time or in the given time frame.
One thing that I like is that most of the time at work things are flexible meaning if you want to do something different like a certain activity then do it. Everyone's idea of the hardest part of a job is different but for more than most it is toileting/etc. individuals.
This company is not just a job, but a human experience which helps you uncover your own personal moral values when helping people with developmental barriers live, learn, work and play in the community as all people without those barriers live.

Resources are always available from not just the management team, but co-workers, and the individuals being supported themselves.
Company is excellent...however employee relations and staff support for one another is lacking. Management is hard to get a hold of and does not respond quickly.
I was hired in June, pregnant, told them about it, not there long enough for FMLA understandable, offered Non medical leave, denied my request, lied and said I quit, then asked why didn't I return, duh DA because who would work for a company who has no INTEGRITY FREAKING LIARS, smh. I COULD NEVER WORK FOR A COMPANY WHO LIES TO GET OUT OF SOMETHING.
I had discrepancies with a manager that made my job difficult to do. I was not given the tools nor information I needed to get my job done properly. I love the organization as a whole and loved the position I had before I changed positions. There are a lot of good individuals within this company. They did go above and beyond in many other ways and the work they do is very valuable to many individuals.
I very much enjoyed working for this company and being part of a great mission. The team I worked with established a great culture. I spent 4 years with this company and am leaving based on relocating to a new state.
I work with a great group of people. The training you receive upon hire and through continued employment is unbelievable. Communication is done threw company emails, and town hall meetings, you are never out of the loop.

Advancement opportunities are available for ambitious staff.
You’ll learn how to deal with individual with disabilities. The most enjoyable part of the part is see the individual grow. Being able to educate people out in the community that the individual are just like them.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Easterseals Midwest. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight