Easterseals Midwest Employee Reviews

Great Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MODecember 8, 2018
This is the best provider in the area to work for. The leaders are supportive and make sure staff are able to grow and learn along the way. The people we support are able to benefit from the team atmosphere and collaboration among teams. Support is around every corner here and it sets this company apart from the others. The pay is competitive for the industry. There is overtime available too.
Pros
Collaborative teams
Cons
Understaffed
N/a
Community Living Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MONovember 30, 2018
N/A. Wouldn’t recommend working here. Good clients, bad management. Good employees. Benefits aren’t bad. Pay is not very good for what you have to do.
Best DSP Career Option in Southwest Missouri
Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MNovember 26, 2018
While working at this agency I learned a lot about what I wanted to do and what I didn't want to do. I wanted to work with people in a fulfilling way but I also didn't want to take on the responsibility of being on-call all the time. I learned that the hard way, and I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. It's made me appreciate the struggles that management have to deal with daily.

It's a hard job for all the staff and management to handle. I was impressed with my team and management and when I needed to talk to them I just made an appointment.

I appreciate my time with them and I know they are working to help others.
Pros
Career Development Options, Overtime, Higher Hourly Pay than most agencies in this area, Weekend Pay Increase, Paid Time Off.
Cons
Turnover, training is too long, communication
Community Living Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2018
If want to be over worked and underpaid treated like badly and talked down to than Easterseals Midwest Kansas City Is the place for you. High turn over rude management clickish higher ups. You will get terminated based off he say she say. Managers do lie about having shifts covered and once you arrive to the ISL you will be stuck there sometimes for days. You do get PTO but can’t use it until after 6 months. You can find someone to cover your shifts but they don’t really have staff due to the way management treats it’s employees. You’re just another number and warm body and they treat you as such. Management will Talk down to you and speak to you as though you were a dog. All the black employees are sent to the behavioral house. They lie on the therap and outcomes. It doesn’t matter if you’re great at your job you have to kiss but or be terminated. I’m glad I got out of there.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Work/life balance, hours, pay the damage you do to your car for driving so much
Great Mission, Great Leaders, Room for Growth Culturally
Community Living Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 26, 2018
Overall a great agency to work for. Very leadership focused and the company is dedicated to building leaders through job development. The agency has some work to do regarding building a stronger sense of positive culture on all levels, often direct care workers feel overworked and unappreciated.
Shady higher ups
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 20, 2018
Good company to work for. You learn a lot and definitely rewarding. Benefits are amazing. You get paid time off, sick days, and holiday pay. Bad: No work home life seperation. Will work you till you Can't work anymore. No consideration for family/home life. Can't talk to superviors. Use untruths to get you fired
Terrible management, lazy co workers.
Community living specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 8, 2018
There are only a couple of supervisors and fewer managers at this location that actually do their jobs. Those supervisors and managers do not get the recognition they deserve. HR is very professional and does their job amazingly. Most managers are lazy, complacent, and do not seem to truly care. A majority of coworkers slack off or outright don't do their jobs with zero repercussions, while others are pulverized for the tiniest of mistakes. Maybe a handful of staff members at each location work their tails off to pick up the slack of all the others. If you are friends or family with upper management you can outright not do your job and never have an issue with them.
Pros
Hours, some co workers/supervisors.
Cons
Upper managment is God awful and almost everything else.
Can be very stressful due to poor management team and low pay
Community Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 5, 2018
This job is a good job to get you started in the human service field. I enjoy working with the individuals I support and feel good to see the growth in their lives.
Pros
helping others is a rewarding field
Cons
low pay and bad management
Love working at Easterseals. Love the mission and the people that we help
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2018
Easterseals Midwest has taught me an unbelievable amount and allowed me to grow as a professional and as an individual. I feel this job is an opportunity to make a positive difference in people's lives every day. Our staff are the link to the community for those they serve and is one of the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we provide every day. Helping those people that carry out this rewarding career is something I look forward to each day.
Cons
The commute.
Horrible place to work especially in management
Community Living Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2018
Easter Seals is one of the worst companies I used to work for. They are always understaffed and supervisors are left to fill shifts sometimes having to work 7 days a week for long periods of time. Upper management is constantly putting all of the responsibilities on supervisors and not equally splitting job duties with managers. We were over worked and underpaid, The guardians are allowed to treat the staff and management in verbally abusive and sometimes racist manners. There is no support from upper management with getting shifts filled or the team work a company and supervisor needs to thoroughly do the job. The pay is horrible and benefits are not good. This is a company that cares about accepting individuals with out proper staffing set up to Suport the individuals properly. They got rid of maintenance so a lot of the homes are not fit to live in and look like abandoned buildings. If you want a life outside of work, Easter Seals is not for you.
Pros
Overtime if you need it
Cons
Understaffed, no support, poor treatment, bad benefits
Mission driven- supporting individuals we served along with my staff!
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 4, 2018
Awesome organization to work with- because of its mission. Everyone is valued and treated as an individual instead of there disability.

Easterseals Midwest just a great place to work!
Pros
Flexible hours to work
Cons
Understaffed
Behavior support instructor
behavior support instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 2, 2018
Easterseals great place to work I was in the West team had an amazing experience. The clients are this company number 1 priority and that’s a good thing
Positive
Medical Support Instructor (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOAugust 30, 2018
In the role of medical support instructor at the institution Easter Seals Midwest, the overall experience was positive. I enjoyed the autonomy the position offered.
great to work at
Community Living Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ballwin, MOAugust 25, 2018
Great environment, good people to work with. Good benefits and PTO accumulate pretty fast. The agency is great with doing fundraisers and events to raise money for the agency.
na
Community Living Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65807August 24, 2018
not available. at this moment, I am currently working there.Since I have to type stuff in here for so many characters. I have to type to fill in the space.
Awful Place To Work
Community Living sp (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 12, 2018
Management is horrible! They make rules that are either never enforced or only enforced for certain employees. Some co workers are amazingly compassionate people while others neglect the individuals and isolate through their phones or just staying away from the individuals. Some sleep every shift without any consequences. Others do the work of like 3 people because of this.
Pros
Hourly pay rate, some co workers
neutral work place
COMMUNITY LIVING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2018
there are some good teams at ESMW. They don't listen to there employees when there is conflict. it use to be client centered and now its centered around money
Love this place
Community Living Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2018
This place is great. I love the people and the clients. Laid back admin and sweet hearted people. All managers I know where absolute sweethearts. I had no problem
Pros
cool people
Great
Autism Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 12, 2018
This was a great opportunity for me. However the compensation was not great. This job taught me a lot. It did require extensive travel but it was totally worth it.
Great Marketing, Poor execution
Community Service Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2018
I worked both in the day care and in the homes and there as lots of positive thought, massive amounts of training and the appearance of monitoring and managerial support. Unfortunately, those who cannot speak for themselves had few advocates in their daily lives and many were not better cared for than your average 12 year old babysitter. My son has autism and I would not put him in their care for anything now that I have been on the responsible side. I hated to leave only because I knew what they would replace me with.
Pros
MANDT training is cool
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no appreciation for those who try their hardest, no punishment for those who neglect or even harm special needs - sad conditions every where

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Easterseals Midwest. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight