Eastside Union School District

Working at Eastside Union School District: 16 Reviews

United States16 reviews

Great place to work, good work life balance, lots of fun, unfortunately it is a small district so there is no real career advancement and low wages compared to other districts and companies in the area.

Job Security, No Room for Advancement

Great for Obvious Reasons such as holidays off with pay on observed holidays, get to spend time with family during holiday breaks (no pay) but No room for advancement.

Eastside Union School District insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging

Great Pay For Subs

Subs can work every day, and the pay is one of the highest in the area. If you're good, the schools will offer you long term positions and look out for you if you are working on your teaching credential.

Pros

Many opportunities to work

Cons

Pay is good and teachers are wonderful.

Pay is good and teachers are wonderful. District is small so you really get to know the students well. Support staff is awesome! Students are really wonderfull too.

Pros

Good pay and great students.

Cons

Admin does not support the teachers in classroom mangement issues.

Great work environment

The school staff and district office staff are like family. They are very kind and so helpful. If there is ever a problem, they are there for me. I have established a great rapport with everyone and with the students. I love my job.

Was a custidian there for 15 years

Great management here! Appreciated all the employees and was treated well. Would love to work there again! Just one principle was rude other then that great place!

no pay increases, no promotions within, favoritism and high turn over rates

after working there for multiple years, this company does not look out for there own employees, there are no pay increases no matter how long you've been there. there is absolutely no training working with these autistic kids. you will get hit, kicked, bit and spit on. no union protection or benefits working with these violent kids. they fire people without proper investigation and go based on what others say. they will suffer from serious liability issues by having dangerous playground equipment and not having properly trained staff.they fire great teachers and hire teachers that don't have any clue what they are doing. this district is a hot mess. theres kids in multiple classes that need aides but don't have them. this school district is heading toward serious lawsuit issues if they don't get it together. no matter how much hard work and effort you put into this job , they will fire you on the spot with absolutely no investigation or warnings.

Welcoming

Over all it was a job. The staff and students were welcoming at every school I worked for through the District. All the programs were fun. Getting to know tje staff and students was a joy. Eastside Union School District gave me a Chance I Thank them for That.

Work environment

Eastside Union School District is a relatively nice district to work for. For the position I'm in I've been very luck to work with the people I have worked with. I do hope they can provide more permanent positions and slightly better pay. Overall, compared to other districts Eastside offers the most hours so far.

Pros

Better hours

Cons

Not enough permanent positions

ok

The management is okay. Basically, they were hiring family members and it was stressful. That's all I have to say about the district. My mother taught if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all.

Pros

Cons

short breaks

Never a dull moment working with kids

It was challenging but fun watching over the care and safety of all the children. Being under the sun for several hours was hard, but when a child comes up to you to say, "thank you." It's worth it.

Pros

Free smiles

Cons

not enough hours

I loved working with students, and there families!

I enjoyed working with the children, there families, and most of the staff. It was busy at times which I like, and I learned a lot more about children and how better to help them make it through their days away from their families. It was a good experience working in so many areas that the children needed help with!

Pros

busy, how to better meet the needs of children and their families, the last management team I worked with was AWESOME, mostly up beat and caring, seeing a child struggle in any area, getting to know students, families, and staff as well as new work experiences!

Cons

That it was not a full-time permanent position all year long, and drama of any kind

Good Teaching position to begin with

This job provides room to grown and find your personal education style. There is room for advancement into leadership and administration, if you so desire.

Eastside Union School District

Eastside Union was a wonderful place to work. You immediately feel like family with your coworkers and they are there to help in any situation. The district is small so you receive more hours.

I enjoy working with my staff. I enjoyed keeping the children safe and being a role model. I learned a lot about different children's behaviors.

fun

i learned how to manage my time better I also learned how to communicate with management and other important people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eastside Union School District. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits