Eataly Employee Reviews

Its and okay job to have.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2018
Gets very overwhelming at times. hours get cut short. People get fired easily. Lack of communication. Unruly customers. Very cultured employees. Nice staff.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Not a place, to Grow
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 29, 2018
I worked at this place for 2 years, I still make minimum wage and so does my coworkers. You are constantly watched and stared at by different managers and it makes it very uncomfortable to work. They are constantly firing people they don't care about their workers, only costumers. They are constantly changing and adding different rules, and sometimes they make you do jobs out of your job description. Schedules are given the day before you start work, so there is no room to make any type of plans based off your schedule, on top of that it constantly changes.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
No advancement, minimum pay, less hours, overlooking managers, unsteady schedule
Productive overworked
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2018
Chances for upgrades we're not grated taken advantage of and not rewarded. Not enough hours for those who were committed to the company. Go for what you deserve and not what there willing to give.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not apperciated
Cool vibe
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
A lot of team work in play. Smiling and providing cool customer service . From foh to boh all plays one role in providing an open market dining experience
Terrible Place to Work
Quick Service Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
The dress code for hair and nails are ridiculous and vary from every section of the store. Management is not understanding and loves to punish workers when they have broken a code.
Fun working environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2018
Beautiful place to work learn about many different cultures. Cool job but establishment needs work in management department. Overall I enjoyed working for the company and growing
Pros
Very busy flexible hours
It sucks
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
It sucks. Management is bad. Pay is ok. The employee meal is barely tolerable. Managers play favorites, and hardly help out. It’s ok for just a job, but you should keep looking for a better one.
Fun experience
Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2018
The Job was a good experience a lot of opportunity for growth. Management was terrible. Overall a good job for those in food service and customer service.
Pros
free lunch. Lenient with time off.
Cons
Over worked sometimes. Management unprofessional
Fun environment
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  New York StateApril 19, 2018
Management is a loving horror. They are so desperate for success you are no longer a person. I did enjoy being there customer more than working for them. Amazing Amazing food and stuff . Great work space if the people were great but they aren’t.
Pros
Fun work, Gelto after work, great customers
Cons
Mangement, schedule
not a good job working experience at all
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2018
very unprofessional management. they also like to take advantage of people that work hard and give absolutely no recondition . i would not recommend this job for anyone looking for a place to work .
Pros
eating Italian food
Cons
low pay no management support. did not pay wages worked
My Favorite Job....Except for the pay
Wine Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2018
I LOVED working at Eataly, and if I could do it for fun, I would. However, I'd like to be able to earn a livable wage for the time commitment they ask for. You learn so much, but it's not worth it for the pay.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great culture
Cons
Horrible pay
easy going
line cook/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 24, 2018
awesome experience.great vibe. a great place to work and learn about scratch kitchen and the Italian way to making different recipes and wine tasting to be able to match your food
Productive workplace
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2018
Had the opportunity to move to a new position and be able to learn new things. Learned more about the Italian culture. Also how to handle more responsibilities and how to work with 2 or more things at the same time.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts and staff classes
Extremely unprofessional about situations.
Cook (Former Employee) –  CookFebruary 8, 2018
Extremely shady! The way they have fired people is so indecent! Favoritism is at its finest here! I also had a horrible experience with a manager trying to push me out of a door, touching me in a very inappropriate spot (lower waist) and reported it to my manager, then I had to report agaian and turned out the 1st report was never reported to HR. The HR had told me we would have a meeting about it and weeks went by and nothing happen. It was like they were trying to protect him from the situation. I had to leave for my own well being since the manager who had tried to push me made me feel so uncomfortable and upset that he did that and just got away.
Pros
Family meal and break room, lockers, some perks
Cons
Terrible management, little communication, not a way to work your way up.
Great Job, Fun Atmosphere, just really stressful.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
I learned a lot at Eataly and met tons of wonderful people. My biggest gripe about Eataly is the amount of work that you do that goes unacknowledged. You work for strenuous hours with one 45 minute break. In order to get paid vacations you have to work for months just to acquire those days and even if, you never get to use them because the business is always booming so you get caught up in the flow of things. From day one you're reminded of how expendable you are which makes you not want to work there for too long. Chefs are known to talk down to you and threaten you. The work environment is brutal only if you allow it to be, so stick up for yourself. The benefits are great, just good luck finding the time to actually sign up or learn exactly what you are entitled to. I would say this though, if you prove how integral you are to the team you will be treated with respect and will have an amazing time there. Always strive for greatness and they will present you with that. Its an amazing place to grow. You learn everything from culinary school at the job and are encouraged to keep learning. My advice for entering this company is to develop some thick skin and to not let the business take advantage of you. Also the various bosses and team leaders are all super intimidating but once you get to know them, they're all super supportive and kind in their own individual way.
Pros
Vast opportunities for growth and knowledge and Benefits
Cons
Harsh environment and slight unfairness
Very unprofessional business
deli supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 2, 2018
This place is a nightmare
They are a bunch of mooran
They don’t respect their workers
And they do everything to make you
Feel unappreciated!!!
Their workers meal is the leftovers
Of their refrigerator and I get sick
Many time!!!
A Meh Company
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Looks good on resume. Is a good gig for the moment but not a place to stay for too long. You have the opportunity to learn about the Italian culture, but only in some aspects.

Long hours, little pay. If you a server you’ll make money that’s really the only area where the money is at if you just want that.
Fun and educational workplace
Counter sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2018
Eataly is ALL about Italy! Very educational, they teach you about the products, have classes on basically everything and everyone is super cool (for the most part). Management is a hit or miss honestly. I honestly love working at Eataly, you learn a lot and they try to have an answer to everything (about Eataly, Italy and the outside world).
Pros
staff meals, friendly environment
Cons
discounts aren't enough
very fun fun place to also is family oriented
Assistance Manger/Stock associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
i love working there from day one. everybody so friendly there very professional work place job growth is amazing there what you put in you get out i recommend working there anybody
Pros
free lunches its the best
Cons
none for me
SOMETHING........different
Stocker / Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2018
Eataly was an experience I will never forget. from the great people, to the excellent food.... The atomsphere was great and the management was good. I only had one problem with eataly and it was the fact that they had no type of career advancement. I highly recommend this place to go on a date or just to have a look around.
Pros
free food, free classes and great co-workers
Cons
no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eataly. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight