Eaton Employee Reviews

Found 2,144 reviews matching the search See all 3,390 reviews
Was a really good company until new management came in.
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OK 74804February 22, 2019
My tenure at eaton's shawnee site started out outstanding and one reason why was they were 6 million dollars behind the day i started. They were working 7 days a week 3 shifts. I stayed with it for 5 years until one time i asked the first shift supervisor to have the weekend off. He refused. I said to him i make more part's than anyone else and I'm tired after 5 years of it. He says" what you want doesn't matter you're second string". 98% g.u. and what i want doesn't matter. I was floored! My g.u.did not drop!!! This is a true statement. It can proven. Favoritism is not a good attribute for a supervisor either. Until management changes, the eaton site won't.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Favoritism
Set Up Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Piedras, PRFebruary 20, 2019
Eaton was the better place I work. For the pay and benefits. In this jobs the employee have the opportunity to move up , to have a promotions. We can talk and always we are listen.
Pros
Free launch
Cons
Nothing bad
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 20, 2019
Need better on the Job Training for new employees (temps) included,. Line leaders needs better people skills, Management is great over all. The hardest part of the job, you have to wait three hours for first break. The most enjoyable part of the day, most employee are friendly and get along well with others.
Pros
Full time employees and mangement are friendly
Cons
Line Leaders need better Leadership training.
Poor management
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Sherman is ran very bad! Worst it's been in 21 years! If your buddy's with the bosses or leaders you get all the extra benefits.. zero care about Harassment..
Pros
Pay
Best Job I ever had
Material Handler Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 17, 2019
It was the best job I ever had. I hated that shut down and moved. benefits were amazing, I got to work and train in every department, advancements were available
Dull and monotonous
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 17, 2019
Too many required weekends and not enough time off.
Strict policies.
Judgemental co-workers and Management.
Hostile Work Environment.
Poor Training and overly high expectations.
Excellent Management Training Program
DIVISION GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2019
The culture at Eaton is primarily technical and driven by engineering leadership. There is little strategic planning or "out of the box" thinking. They are extremely conservative and will not engage in market leadership activities.

They do provide an excellent management training curriculum so it is a wonderful place for a new manager seeking to learn the basics of management principles and business technologies.
Bad management in my department
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCFebruary 17, 2019
Paintline on 2nd shift is a joke the supervisor didnt know what he was doing let one employee do whatevr he wantd.even threatened ppl and nothin done to the employee even called corporate and never got a call back the supervisor isnt a supervisor thats for sure other departments has good people but the paintlines jacked. Seen alot of people leave the paintline due to laziness and drama.
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
Drama and laziness
n/a
Electrical Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 15, 2019
weekend work is not warranted. things done weekends can take place on Mondays. no consistency in work schedule. not enough employees to eliminate overtime.
Great company
Shipping Receiving Administrative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 15, 2019
This is a fast passed job and I enjoyed it they are mid level company but it's fast pass and you need to be able to keep up with the work.They deal with led lighting and they deal with large companies providing lighting fixtures.
Cons
Temp job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2019
It was a fun place to work at learned a lot I was able to grow as aan inspector and as a person awesome environment and the co-workers were super nice
Pros
great company
Cons
bad managing people should be able to move up without requiring a collage degree
good job
Set-Up Technician | Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCFebruary 13, 2019
good job decent pay decent benefits. use to work 7 days a week until work slowed down. was there 8 years and got laid off clean plant and big on safety
Pros
good hours on days
Cons
work 7 days when they have a lot of orders
Felt undervalued, they never gave me any finance work (I was a finance intern)
INTERN (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEFebruary 12, 2019
I felt a undervalued, like they were just waiting for my internship to be done. Never had enough work to do, and I constantly had to find work that needed around the office such as filing. Ended up going and working at the deburrer to kill time, while getting paid significantly less than most factory workers.
A little misguided, but enjoyable to work at
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 12, 2019
The department I worked in had a bunch of engineers all working on each other's projects meaning a given person was managing one project and participating in four others meaning that less than 20% of a person's time was dedicated to any one thing. That's a little nonsensical, but when you were making an effort to contribute to a given project it was very enjoyable to develop new solutions and invent new processes.
Pros
flexible hours, interesting projects
Cons
no real advancement, nonsensical management
Very CI driven
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARFebruary 12, 2019
I learned a lot from my time at Eaton about the continuous improvement culture. It is a very committed company to CI and improving the operations. The only negative experience I had was with a manager and the up and down of the market segment. During my tenure, the company experienced 3 layoffs--very stressful.
Pros
Pay, CI culture, autonomy, personal development
Cons
High turnover, market flux
Good place fair to employees
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Rules were fair. Good attendance policy. Helpful culture. Training available. Did not like interdepartmental. I was a tech and had to do assembly work because of shortage of workers sometimes. Clean climate controlled environment.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
unstable
Good place to work at
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 10, 2019
I worked there for along time..
It was good place to work.
They expected you to learn machines fast.
Some machines were old and hard to get lined up..
Pros
Hour pay was good
Cons
Healthcare wasn’t very good later..
work place
Worker 6 (Former Employee) –  Ellisville,February 10, 2019
management makes poor decisions based on what they want as oppose to what is best for the company and instead of spending the money to upgrade equipment and facility they are selling out the workers by sending all operations to Mexico for cheaper labor they cater to certain persons advancement based on seniority instead of knowledge and experience
Pros
good pay and benefits until the jobs go to Mexico
Cons
they don't care about the workers
A day in a Life with Eaton
Supplier Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 10, 2019
A typical day at work is hectic and takes a strong mind to multitask many demands. There are many new employees with senior employees moving on to other opportunities or retiring. At this time, it is time for a change with new challenges. The hardest part of the job is competing when there should be more teamwork. Teamwork is highly stated by all means but you are also to compete against each other.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Healthcare
Great group of people
Principal Hardware Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 9, 2019
I really like the family felt environment. I was able to work with a large group of people and experience a lot of different products. Good values.
Very professional.
Very quality conscious.
Pros
good people
Cons
not innovative enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

88%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss