Eaton Employee Reviews

Found 2,070 reviews matching the search See all 3,275 reviews
Good ole boys and politics
hard labor (Current Employee) –  Newbern, TNDecember 6, 2018
Place is garbage unless you are a good lookin woman or you are a good ole boy you ain't ever gonna move anywhere or get any kind of fair treatment. Place is falling apart constantly down waiting on machines to be fixed. Management is corrupt. They do what's called an apex basicly a employee evaluation on performance. So they make you fill out this 3 page document stating goals you will meet. Which is a round about way to only give the good ole boys a good raise and the rest 10-15 cents A YEAR. With absolutely no chance for a cost of living raise. People that have been there for 30 years brag about working hard and having perfect attendance. But they won't tell you they have easy gravy Jobs that were gifted to them. Nobody there wants to work hard at all period If you ask them to go to a harder area with more physical labor they turn their nose up and throw a fit this place is awful I only recommend it to felons and addicts trying to get clean.
Pros
Paid sick time, no drug tests
Cons
Pro women. Pro good ole boys
job
Assembly Technician II (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 5, 2018
my typical day at eaton consist of working 10 hrs shifts 6-8 hrs on the weekends and only one weekend off at the beginning of the month. The place could be better if they gave out better raises and made it a little bit more easier to advance with the company especially if you have the credentials. The best part about the job is the people that you work with.the hardest part is the long shifts and working every weekend. overall it is a stepping stone to get the experience you need for manufacturing.
Pros
paid lunch, salary, benefits that start immediately
Cons
long hours and only having one weekend off in the month
If you don’t mind 7 days a week, then you’re good!
(Contractor)CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grover, NCSeptember 25, 2018
Most of my coworkers were good people, my coach was a solid good person! And as you all know, there’s always one in the bunch! Most of management knew of this one individual as did human resource, and did absolutely nothing! I can only guess that the reason they did nothing was because he was a constant complainer, and a kiss ***, and whilst complaining, if he didn’t like you, he would make up lies about you. The guy had a bad attitude and would blow his fuse at the drop of a dime! Management knew, and did nothing! This caused many of his coworkers to keep their distance from him, as I tried to do. This happened in one particular cell, can’t speak for the rest, but all in all, not a bad company to work for.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Life/work balance none, management needs to address hostile employees, some leads need to be trained for people skills
Great pay but extreme mandatory overtime
Picker/Packer/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJuly 26, 2018
I made almost $15 per hour to pack boxes. It is not a climate controlled warehouse so the temperature fluctuates. The management is very unprofessional and toxic. The company offers great benefits and there is a lot of room for promotions. The majority of the workers are temp workers from temp agencies because even people hired right through the door do not stay long due to poor management. The actual work is very easy, but dealing with the management team is a daily struggle. They threaten you with write ups for things such as dress code, attitude, etc. based on other employees complaints. Lots of favoritism. You will work every weekend Saturday and Sunday for months on end and if you miss days you will get write ups even if you were at the doctor.
Pros
Hourly wage, easy work
Cons
Favoritism and too much overtime
What is that stink on your clothes? It's the smell of money. Anyone who has worked here can pick out an Eaton employee by the smell. But they well.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Belmond, IASeptember 12, 2018
I liked my job here for the first 10 years. Then it began to wear on me. The benefits and pay are very good. They have to be. If you're willing to work mandatory over time, this is your dream job. You can stay there for up to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. The patience for repeat mistakes are low, so be a quick study. Production is king here. You need to hit your numbers. Don't forget about quality. Oh, and safety.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
No time for a meaningful existence outside of work
Great Pay, Tough Work Culture
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 2, 2018
The pay and benefits at Eaton Hydraulics are good, and upper management is very lenient and accommodating. However, there is little accountability there. In addition, the work culture is very cutthroat, and it is difficult to affect positive change due to overly competitive peers.
Pros
Pay, benefits, flexible work schedule
Cons
cutthroat coworkers, very little accountability
Poor Job for anyone who wants to live life.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 23, 2018
I found that I was always working and could never plan a weekend because of the awful system they use. We wouldn't know until Friday night if we were going to work the next day (Saturday). Made us feel like we could never get a weekend to just go to the beach because we were always second guessing when we would work next. In my experience this place and the management are trained the use you in any way possible. I was a code 36 pay grade. This was the usual worker. The first day I got there, not knowing what I was doing, I was put in a code 38 pay grade position without the 38 pay grade. This is a difference of $3.00 an hour. So I worked there thinking maybe they will let me have it. No, I was wrong. Instead they put someone else there 3 weeks after I came in and told me to train them. Really? A code 36 training a code 38 in his own job. When I learned without a trainer?
Pros
Work vs pay is good.
Cons
Unpaid lunch, only 10 days of Vacation if you join in December or January, Health Benefits are very high diductible.
the enjoyment of customer solution selling
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountainside, NJMay 23, 2018
Mondays typically a follow day. review what Is working and what needs to happen. to close opportunities. report information to Northeast sales manager and add to my iCRM opportunity list.

I am a drive certified startup for drives 1HP to 250HP as well as other product vertical. most of the training where Webinar presentations on new products as well as launch products.

work place culture great. I was on the OEM Sales vertical team and in that office it was only me and my count part. we did team up together every six months with Management a OEM sales team form

I cannot pinpoint on anything that was difficult about my job. it was a very enjoyable experience. for my co-workers, management, my customers.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Product line managers turn around sometime confusing who to reach out to.
Active work place
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 8, 2018
The Eaton team is a loving, caring family. We love to have gatherings to enjoy one another cooking and to socialize. The team works together to get the job done for our clients. Eaton recognizes their workers service every five years. The benefits and location is excellent. Corporate will visit each location to check in with workers plus to reward workers that have been promoted. Eaton challenges you to grow and to produce above our competition.
The hardest part of the job is having to go from building to building since the plant is on a mini campus. You want to stay connected with all of the workers so to do that you have to travel from building to building to make sure no one is left out of the loop. Customer satisfaction is our goal with on time deliver, custom orders, and quality work. The must enjoyable part of the job is exceeding the monthly production goal.
Pros
monthly free lunchoen
Cons
Breaks, healthcare
Stable company with good benefits,
Marketing-Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 13, 2018
This is a great company to work for. Great pay and benefits. But if you wish to advance your career, you will have to move to another location and then apply for a position to come back. This company likes to move you around, so if you don't mind moving, this is a great place to be. if you can't move or are not able to move, this is not the company to be at if you want to advance your career.
Overall decent place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJuly 4, 2018
Big company name and job responsibilities are great experience.
Ability to work with different groups, very slow transition from Cooper Lighting traditional good ole boy style management environment to a more Eaton coroporate culture.
Eaton is a good company, the lighting sector in particular cooper lighting business needs a lot of growth and management style change.
Pros
Benefits, flex work, industry performance
Cons
Too many legacy Cooper managers
Great pay and benefits, but little structure and achievable goals
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 28, 2018
Management aren't as good as they think they are and Sr. Leaders aren't as good at choosing new managers as they think they are. Opinions about how management is doing is discouraged and never sought after so they don't improve. They do however expect subordinates to improve, but once a leader, they can kick back and just blame others for problems.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Leadership/management
Fair place to work with
Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 4, 2018
Fair place to work with. Employee benefit and working environment are okay. Company's management team would like to listen the voice from employees. Should provide employees more career opportunities.
Pros
working environment
Cons
compensation
Well family oriented
Machine Tech Lifter (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCAugust 14, 2018
I’ve been working since I was 16 years old and not had a lot of jobs but Eaton Corporation is the best job hands down I’ve ever had. From day one it’s was a culture change and challenging but all rewarding. I have been able to raise four beautiful daughters and been able to do and experience more working here.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
I live 45 minutes from the location
Very decent place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 13, 2018
The management here tried to do everything they could to keep me happy. They seemed to appreciate hard work. Supervisors at the time were decent to me and would even give gift cards or buy lunch on occasion. I was given a small raise after 2 weeks of working here because they appreciated the work that I did. If I didn't have to relocate I would still enjoy working there.
Pros
Decent people to work for.
Cons
Closed campus.
Decent place to work.
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 28, 2018
A typical work day for the most part was bearable, enjoyed working with the customers. Learned about Diversity and Inclusion. Hardest part of the job was the company politics. Management was good. Workplace culture good.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Company Politics
Hold on: The ride is bumpy as an employee at the lighting division
Manager (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAApril 11, 2018
In theory, the lighting division "should" be a great place to work, but with three rounds of layoffs in the last 15 months, it has become an atmosphere of demotivation with horrible morale. Senior staff and their direct reports, play lip service to "how great the place is" but the reality is that the business is crumbling. Also, corporate espouses a healthy, diverse culture. But the reality is, there is a lot of reverse discrimination occurring on the local level. I have actually told friends to not pursue a job there even though they are highly educated and qualified. No clear path of career growth and individuals are disposed of or sidelined without a second thought.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Very stressful and unenjoyable
Paintline Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ILAugust 20, 2018
I have worked there for 13 years only to provide for my family. It is like going to high school all over again with the drama, which makes it very stressful to have a safe and happy work environment. The management does not take any concerns seriously.
Pros
Straight 8 hours
Cons
No overtime and healthcare benefits are lacking
Questionable Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCSeptember 21, 2018
The Roxboro Facility use to be a VERY GREAT place to work. Now there's new managers as well as engineers that has no clue about the operation. Hopefully in the near future this Facility will get things together.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Decent Company to Work For
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 24, 2018
Eaton is a decent company to work for though the number of hours required can be extreme to include most weekends. In my more entry level role, there was no OT paid for the weekends.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Eaton.

Powered by Comparably