Eaton Employee Reviews

Found 2,028 reviews matching the search See all 3,205 reviews
Buena compania, pero poca probabilidad de ser empleado regular
Machine Operator - Set Up (Former Employee) –  Las Piedras, PROctober 19, 2018
Buena compania, pero poca probabilidad de ser empleado regular.
Pros
Salario atractivo
Cons
No oportunidad de ser empleado regular
Excellent Organization
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 15, 2018
Highly ethical, client and employee oriented company. Great atmosphere, dedicated staff, nice facilities, latest technologies, competitive salaries and benefits.
Pros
Atmosphere, salary, benefits.
Cons
Distance to home.
great place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 15, 2018
very comfortable warehouse to work in great people to help you out if you ever get in a jam the management team Is very understandable an its a great place to work
excercise room for employees fitness
Lead Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2018
amazing company with worldwide views and standards. very focused on hiring within the company. Only downfall was the company shut down and relocated to south carolina
Pros
stock in the company
Cons
relocated
Productive work place
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 10, 2018
good work environment. work with a lot of good people. Had to build nearly 300 panels daily on the 1a/2a line. On the 4a line we had to build 40 chassis daily.
benefits
Cons
not had enough production associates in the past
Community focused business
Human Resource Associate-Generalist (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCOctober 9, 2018
Spent a lot of time with employee concerns. Very community driven a lot of opportunities to volunteer in the community. Hardest part of the job was learning all of the different systems.
Having a good person to follow behind that doesn"t set the machine up tp run bad for you all shift.
Machine Operator/Assembler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCOctober 9, 2018
Fight with a machine that the operator before you has tampered with so that it will run bad for you all night. How to just let things be what they were going to be. Management got rid of all the people that would help us out there on the production floor and replaced them with their little puppets. t he hardest part of the job is listening to their meeting about workplace culture, diversity, and everything else and the they will walk by you in the hallway you speak to them and they not even open their mouth. The most enjoyable part is getting my paycheck every week, leaving at the end of my shift and when I go on vacation.
Pros
Having a good supervisor and getting a paycheck
Cons
Having a supervisor you can't stand, dealing with fake people and operators setting the machine up to run bad for you
Eaton is the best company to work for.
Materials planner and Inventory Controller intern (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 8, 2018
Eaton's work culture is the best thing I experienced. All the functions performed in the company are well organized, time bidden and safe working conditions. The manager i worked under was very friendly and accepting support staff, quality focused, quality with quantity.
Good Company
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 8, 2018
Good company, that challenges its employees with tough assignments. Work life balance could be improved and similar benefits between corporate and plants is a major miss.
Nice place to work
Senior Technologist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 5, 2018
Very strong culture with strong leaders. Not very sensitive to workers salaries and increases.

Did not have any recreational activities.

I was working in a team.
Trying to get better but still a long way from it
eaton (Current Employee) –  ohioOctober 5, 2018
I think that they are trying to create a better culture but they are so far away from it. if you are a diverse talent I would think twice before taking a role with Eaton. Below will be some points as to why
1- the culture in Corporate is inclusive and trying to create more diverse culture, however, sites are so far away from it and most sites are remote with an almost no diversity.
2- bad managers everywhere, not to say that they don't have some outstanding managers that I have enjoyed and would work under any time. however, if you report an issue, expect retaliation and stonewalling your career as I said culture is not where they want it to be
3- you must relocate every few years or you will not progress
4- work-life balance does not exist the average week is 55 hours, and you will most probably work through your lunch more than take it
5- every plant I saw was severely understaffed and asked to stretch beyond their capacity, a lot of burnout employees
6- site have an extremely political culture that you will have to be aware off prior to making any moves

overall you will learn a lot but it will cost you a lot too, almost no time for family or time for yourself. very hectic and you will be covering works for more than 2 employees. I understand we have to be competitive however this is not competitive at the end everything is just getting half the attention it needs because everything is a priority and everything needs to be addressed right now.
Pros
You will learn a lot and you will have a brand name company
friendly folks and easy ,safe and relaxed
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCOctober 4, 2018
I started as a contract worker and got hired after 90 days(more than 90) .Went through the hiring process and I must say these folks don't do any paperwork themselves.The company uses a 3rd party hiring/screening process and take their sweet time following through They had ample time in which to key my personal info in and I had to wait for paper checks twice.I went through their "process" a month and half before that ,so yes they had time..I found the HR department to be lazy,unprofessional,incompetent and have a not-so-warm attitude as if they were programmed.The temp service rarely made contact with their contract workers and didn't check up on you or make it a goal to.Lots of drama on the morning shift not being dealt with especially with the "veteran" employees (the ones who stick around til they're near dead and have been there since the doors opened).Nothing wrong with dedication and working for a living but keep it professional.There are so many chances for advancement and they are willing to help you succeed in whatever field you choose (as long as it pertains to the job) Don't get me wrong Eaton is a GREAT place to work they just need to work on some things that could make them an EXCELLENT place to work.
Pros
Easy going folks, lots of chances for overtime, shift managers helpful, plenty of advancement opportunities
Cons
DRAMA on 1st shift, HR department needs an overhaul
Served at 5 locations over a 20 year period
Controller (Former Employee) –  SeveralOctober 3, 2018
Eaton Corporation was an excellent place to work that provided me with numerous opportunities and promotions during the early part of my career. They continue to be a solid performer.
Pros
Many advancement opportunities
Cons
Too many relocations
Good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ellaville, GAOctober 3, 2018
I leaned allot out of this business. Didn't know to much about hooking up light fixtures not making them. I build them and then tested them. It was a great experience
Great Pay, Tough Work Culture
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 2, 2018
The pay and benefits at Eaton Hydraulics are good, and upper management is very lenient and accommodating. However, there is little accountability there. In addition, the work culture is very cutthroat, and it is difficult to affect positive change due to overly competitive peers.
Pros
Pay, benefits, flexible work schedule
Cons
cutthroat coworkers, very little accountability
Stressful
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSOctober 2, 2018
The work u had to wire up light fixture in safey but in timely matter.. U keep pushing an pushing.. Had to mske so many parts in a 8hr shift. Complete work oreder after work orders.
Pros
Safety class
Cons
Short breaks many meeting
A fast paced work place
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCOctober 2, 2018
a fast paced work environment with little room for break. people and management that i worked with were understanding helpful and friendly. you can learn a lot from others
Excellent Company
Senior Systems Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, MIOctober 1, 2018
Eaton is a very diverse corporation and offers lots of advancement opportunities throughout the company. Additionally, Eaton has been a great place to work. They treat their employees like adults and are very supportive.
Company with potential for success
Sr. Pricing Analyst / Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2018
Equal opportunity employer. Well positioned to meet or exceed sales forecast. The company tries hard to be inclusive & diverse, Management promotes an open door policy.
Good work experience.
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  NevadaSeptember 30, 2018
Ability to work with other employees. Need aid with gait problems.
Ability to work with walking problems is required. More communication is requires to further employment opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

See reviews about

Diversity score

78out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Eaton.

Powered by Comparably