Eaton Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 23, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is laid back. No one will really bother you , if you get your work down, like every other job should. They will only bother you if you make making bad decisions a habit.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short breaks
I love eaton
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 22, 2018
Great place to work. Easy to move up. Management is great. This place save you alot of money on discounts. Very friendly place to work at. They cook for us on every big holiday.
me encantaba
HR Internship (Former Employee) –  Baja CaliforniaApril 19, 2018
Aprendi lo mejor de Eaton, se preocupan por el empleado.
Career advancement
Buyer (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 19, 2018
Great exposure to work in supply chain management environment, ethically strong company, challenging work profile, great opportunities to advance in career.
Great Place to Work
OEM Engineer Liaison, Specification Technician (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, MIApril 19, 2018
Fun, Challenging, always learning something new. People were helpful. Learning about the whole business. Advancement. Goal Driven. Care about the employee well being.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Room for Advancement, People
Fast paced growing environment
Senior Environmental Health & Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCApril 18, 2018
Fast paced growing environment. Excellent learning arena to explore the multi facade organizational options to understanding how a global organization functions.
It was decent union job.
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, INApril 17, 2018
Decent union job. Great pay and benefits, great union members, but poor management. Demanding, satisfying work, at a fast pace, in a hot humid environment.
N/a
Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2018
Its a great place to work

I have been working at Eaton full-time

Pros

Great company and management team. They communicate with all employees constantly. Excellent facilities, new and very impressive looking.

Cons

No cons to report that I can think of at this time

Advice to Management

Nice transition from Sandi. Keep up the good work.
You are just a replaceable robot.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILApril 16, 2018
Pretty boring when you get the hang of it. Management keeps pushing for more and more numbers. Gets really hot in the factory, not enough time to do anything on lunch, just a 30 min break. They do have favorites and somehow lazy people dont get fired, some miss days every week and get away with it. I got terminated for taking a few days off when my daughter was born and the only thing the union is able to do is take your money.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Long hours, management
procuctive work place
eletrical/mechanical tech (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2018
Small manufacturing group
Nice place to work for, and in A/C
Group was team players
Quarterly we would do team building skills like taking a few hours off during work day and go bowling.
They bought lunch a lot for us.
Only bad thing scheduling was poorly managed which created of a lot overtime, and long days
Typical day at Eaton was building Switch Boards.
As an inspector the job serious, safety and quality conscious
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDApril 14, 2018
Very intense ,safety ,quality,productive place to work.Focus on sop, specs, documentation .But if the company produce the quota it can be very rewarding.
Pros
Needs pay and benefit improvement metro area
Cons
Business growth
Never knew I was there
Michigan (contract) - Project Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, MIApril 13, 2018
I was with Eaton for 1 year on a contract. I was not kept busy, despite my regular discussions with my supervisor about that. Spent an inordinate amount of time idle.
Pros
Great cafeteria!
Cons
Not much to do
Atmosphere
FAA Repairman (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTApril 13, 2018
The atmosphere is very laid back but don't let that fool you . You are hired to do a job and you are expected to do that job. The people there are very nice as well as professional. They are very aware of family as well as a great work life balance.
Pros
flexible work solutions, tuition paid up
Cons
pay rate leave a little to be desired
Not easy to get hire on when you are a temp.
Quality Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKApril 12, 2018
Working as a temp it would have been nice to know that they only allowed you one year to get hired on. There were no full time positions available and as I was working with 2 departments neither one could hire me on and when my year was up I was dismissed while they brought in another temp to take my place.
Cons
Only can work 1 year if you are a temp.
productive and a busy place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSApril 12, 2018
Go to work early and check out what I will be doing and what I deed for the day ahead. When it is time to go to work get at it and stay at it. When problems pop up I learned how to fix them or what support team to get for help. The management did what they could do to save the plant, we all did. It was a enjoyable place to work even with all the stress of lay offs and plant closings. I enjoyed working with the people I work with and working for the people that were trying to keep the plant open.
Pros
felt appreciated
Cons
To soft on some rules
Hold on: The ride is bumpy as an employee at the lighting division
Manager (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAApril 11, 2018
In theory, the lighting division "should" be a great place to work, but with three rounds of layoffs in the last 15 months, it has become an atmosphere of demotivation with horrible morale. Senior staff and their direct reports, play lip service to "how great the place is" but the reality is that the business is crumbling. Also, corporate espouses a healthy, diverse culture. But the reality is, there is a lot of reverse discrimination occurring on the local level. I have actually told friends to not pursue a job there even though they are highly educated and qualified. No clear path of career growth and individuals are disposed of or sidelined without a second thought.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Great people to work with however too little support in my segment
Lead OEM Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2018
OEM segment was not wht was describe, responsibilities for selling product with no training, plant resoures were reduced and not replaced, High levels of customer dissatisfaction due to short sighted management decisions in the last 2 years.
Enjoyed customer relationship building but difficult to achieve due to poor quality issues, lead times and long waiting periods for quotes.
Pros
Many products to sel
Cons
Lack of resources
overall good company
Production Machining Technician and Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Roxboro, NCApril 10, 2018
company has done really good lots of improvements, good place to work for great benefits good work environment . needs improvement on the pay rate in some areas
Great People
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2018
Some of the best people I ever worked with. People worked together to make sure that the goals were met. I would recommend my family or friends to work there.
One of the best jobs I've ever had
Corporate Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 8, 2018
During my tenure at this company, I was given all the training I needed to be successful and advance and also given the opportunities to advance. If you worked hard and showed initiative, you were given opportunities.
Pros
Excellent opportunities and benefits
Cons
Some of the newer managers were kept on even if they did not fit the "culture."

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eaton. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

78out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Eaton.