Eatstreet Employee Reviews

Great Place
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 8, 2018
Great Place to work in school and full time is probably the same. I work remote so I don't have supervision and I am responsible to get my work done on my own time.
Not enough money
FOOD DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 29, 2018
Not enough money, high gas usage and tolls for which you are not reimbursed. No breaks or chance to eat. So many times not able to stop at restroom.
Pros
Work when want
Cons
The above
Easy Job & Good Pay but a lot of gas and car insurance
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 17, 2018
Generally, I really like my job here at EatStreet. It's nice and flexible. It's easy to talk with management and get across what I need to. The main issues that I run into are times when customers don't answer the door or calls. I have been scammed a few times, where the customer cancels the order as I walk up to the door to deliver their food and end up getting screwed out of a tip. But the main reason I'm looking for other jobs is just how expensive it is in gas and car insurance. If I had a better, more reliable vehicle that was more fuel efficient, I would probably stay.
Pros
You get to set up your hours every week
Cons
Gas & Car Insurance costs
Fast-paced, unique job with ping-pong table, soda bar, etc
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 18, 2018
Overall, this was a great job that was extremely flexible. A typical day consisted of logging into the EatStreet app at the beginning of your shift and picking up/delivering orders as requested through push notifications in said app. The workplace culture is best described as modern: the office has a ping pong table, free soda/coffee bar, and lots of spaces to get work done (although as a driver, you end up not spending much time there). Management was great, and they're very flexible about scheduling. At the start of each week, you fill out availability for the following week and you will only be scheduled when available. This is great for college students or someone working more than one job, or has an otherwise inconsistent schedule. The hardest part of this job is most likely keeping your wits about you during a traffic jam or on game day when there are lots of orders at once and you're stuck in a gridlock. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was the fact that I could listen to my own music during a shift and get to talk to people throughout the city.
Pros
Free soda/coffee, very flexible scheduling
Cons
No compensation for gas/mileage
Great delivery position.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 12, 2018
You are guaranteed a minimum of 12 per hour. I average more than that usually though per hour each week. As I understand most drivers do as well. Follow steps in the app is pretty much all there is to it. Go to this restaurant, pick this up, take it here, etc. I see some people complain about gas but I suppose it depends on what you drive and where you are. Also see complaints about lack of hours. My typical shift is 7 hours long and in that time I usually drive on average of 80 miles. An average of 11 to 12 miles per hour doesn't seem to be bad to me but my car gets 36 miles per gallon. If you have a car that gets 10 to 15 miles a gallon this may not be for you. I also average a schedule of 35 hours per week with options every week to pick up additional shifts each week if I would like. You are not required to take those but can for more hours. My average work week consist of about 44 hours. People can say what they want but this job is easy and good as long as you keep up communication. Yes dispatch checks on you but it is their job to know where the drivers are and to make sure orders get out. I don't see where spending $150 on gas each month is so bad when it can make you over $2k a month in take home pay per month. With a worse car on gas is spending $300 a month on gas then no it may not be worth it. Just don't find those reviews fair to the job itself. IMO the other rideshare companies that offer delivery are much worse. I have tried them all and none of them offer a pay guarantee minimum, none of the others take out taxes for your pay....they take  more... part of your pay and let you pay taxes on it at the end of the year instead. The other ones also make you drive much more in a day. I've driven well over 100 miles in 7 hours or less with all the others. If you need something flexible with decent pay this is for you.

I've had other jobs that paid the same per month or slightly higher but I've had to work myself to the bone to make the money. I can gladly follow steps given to me in an app while being comfortable in my car in order to make money. Also remember to be very friendly with the customers. No you don't work for the restaurants but you are the face of the company to them. More orders means the company gets to stick around and the less complaints you get also grants you more hours on the schedule. Remember to be customer service professional this is a service job.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Easy to take time off, Unlimited hours if you take open shifts that pop up almost daily.
Cons
Lack of benefits. No discounts at restaurant partners.
Good hours
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 11, 2018
Can request your own hours each week which is very helpful if you are only working part time. As a student it made it easy to balance other things going on in my life.
Pros
Good hours, good pay.
Cons
Management is always changing, management communication
Part time Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILApril 25, 2018
It was an amazing part time job for a student in college. You are allowed to make your own schedule per week. They do not pay for gas, but it does come with a $12 minimum per hour.
What I Learned
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 16, 2018
EatStreet really improved my multi-tasking skills. You were expected to work with three different parties (Dispatch, restaurants, and customers) all while delivering food in a busy area of New Brunswick.
It also was an important responsibility because the company was new to the area and its early reputation was key.
Drivers beware
Driver (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 11, 2018
ES management is horrible if you even can figure out who you manager is. Job offers drivers no job security, no benefits, no mileage reimbursement, and no commission while office staff gets full benefits and paid 'drinking' time at work, etc. Anyone can start tomorrow and take a hard working, long term, succesful drivers hours. Driver retention is not a focus at all for ES. ES has done nothing to improve driver conditions and safety. Drivers are expected to carry $90 of your own money at all times while unverified customers order and are able to track your exact location plus have your name- but as a driver, you won't even get the customers name making the all downtown delivery service to business and dorms extremely difficult. They didnt even make us aware when they started giving customers our names and allowing customers to track us. Not to mention the scheduling system has been automated months ago so management can do even less but it doesn't matter that the glitches in the easy-to-use scheduling system doesn't give the drivers the hours they need.
Pros
work independently
Cons
Horrible management, no job security, not paid well.
dispatch communication is horrible, orders per hour low, delivery zone too big
driver (Former Employee) –  madison, wiMarch 9, 2018
I worked for eatstreet for 1 year. In the beginning, it was rough because they were always understaffed. I found myself constantly dealing with angry customers that waited over an hour for their food to be delivered. Nevertheless, I stuck it through with eatstreet, delivering 4 plus orders an hour the summer of 2017 making really good money. By the winter of 2017, Eatstreet had grown significantly, adding several new restaurants and bringing on several new drivers. By this time, I was lucky to get 2 orders an hour, causing my pay to drop significantly and forcing me out. At 2 orders an hour, you will not be making the 12 dollars an hour they guarantee after you factor gas and wear and tear on your car--it aint worth it.

Communication with dispatch was terrible (with the exception of 1 individual). They were very slow to respond, and often offered no solutions to problems. When they move slow, you move slow. And when you move slow, the money moves slow. It was very frustrating having another individual slow your money roll. Same can be said for certain restaurants that never have orders ready and making you sit for 15 plus minutes making no money.

Lastly, the delivery zone was way too big. Eatstreet will have you drive from state street to lacy road in Fitchburg for a 1 dollar tip with no gas compensation. and while you're taking longer to deliver that long range order to fitchburg, the new joe/jane they hired the week before delivered 2-3 short range orders.
Eatstreet is a fast-paced and growing company in Richmond, VA. It is an awesome company to work for.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 21, 2017
Eatstreet is a great company to work for. Management is awesome. They are hands on and will work hard to resolve any issues one may have. They will make sure one receive all of the hours desired or as close to it as possible. Communication is key in this company. One can work at their own pace with no force. Eatstreet will work around your schedule. For those of you that are currently in Richmond,VA or planning to go in the near future, this is an awesome company to work for.
Pros
This is a great way to make some extra cash.....
Cons
No cons
A day at work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 19, 2017
I clock in check all registers make sure they're working properly, have change,and than check the store make sure items are stocked and everything is up to date.
Flexible working schedule
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 17, 2017
An amazing job if you need flexibility in your schedule. Everything is done through remote access in apps on your smart phone. you can set your availability and can usually always pick up shifts for more pay.
Pros
No boss yelling at you all day.
Cons
Lots of time spent in car
Decent job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 7, 2017
Decent job a lot that allows you to set your own schedule. You work as much as you put in for your availability, although availability doesn't always get you the time that you want but more often than not you can ask for more hours.
Great Place to work at.
Food Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI 53716October 6, 2017
I learned how to get from places downtown a lot faster. I met a lot of cool new people. It was a fun and great place to work for. It was just to hard on my car.
Culinary Experience
DBA Hot Diggety Dog Guam (Former Employee) –  GuamSeptember 25, 2017
Good place to work and enjoy doing the job. Fast pace environment that you will learn to handle pressure and deal with different kinds of customers. The entire crew help each other a lot to make the job more easier.
Productive and fun work place
Lead Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 28, 2017
This company gets individuals involved on their own college campuses with spreading the word and marketing their brand. They are competitors of grub hub, and are a fairly new company. I believe in their ability to win and advance as an online food ordering company.
Better than most delivery jobs
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJune 28, 2017
Flexible, make your own hours, and a guaranteed minimum wage. Besides that you need to understand you need a reliable car as you will drive more than the average person which causes increased wear and tear.
Not worth your time, they ruined our territory
Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 7, 2017
Dispatch is terrible, they don't make or own their own app so can't change anything about it. On top of that they look at delivers like a list and not on a map. So your run might be in two opposite directions. For the 12 dollar minimum (that you end up making regardless) after expenses like gas and normal wear and tear on your car its maybe 10 or 9 dollars an hour. Not worth it, they bought out previous company where I averaged 3-3.5 a deliveries an hour. Now I barely take two. RUN AWAY!
Pros
Make your own sechdule
Cons
Don't make enough money, customers mad because your always late
Productive and fun workplace with ping-pong table
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 13, 2017
Extremely hard-working and fun group of people. Looked forward to going to the office everyday. A lot of perks included with the job. Fast-moving and changing company.