eatZi's Market and Bakery Employee Reviews

bad management and poor pay
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 31, 2018
Not enough hours per work day, horrible pay, the management was not very professional, didn't like how I was treated so I eventually left early. My brother also had the same experience sadly.
productive fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2018
High energy, wonderful management and great hours. The guests are great and there are ample opportunities to learn other venues and move up in the company.
Excellent company to grow with and learn about many different types of cuisine.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2018
Great organized team with a lot of passion from qualified staff. Always remain adaptable to any situation to have a smooth path to success. Stay in constant communication with the Executive chef and provide direction to chefs and auxiliary kitchen staff. Monitor daily pars and orders , while also performing regular duties.
Pros
Great benefits package, free meals and freedom for creativity.
Cons
A lot of competition for advancement.
Not a good place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fort worthMarch 11, 2018
Manager talking about you and they races over there too and they dont wanna pay no one 15 people walk out of them in one month so its not good place to work at all
Very Busy during lunch hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Lunch hours were always busy, I enjoyed working with the staff. The food is delicious, always had customers come in and say we did a great job. I enjoyed working with the managers.
Rude stuck up customers , careless managers, drug addict employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 14, 2017
Very unorganized staff, managers were not helpful when things got busy, the schedule changed everyday, they were fights between employees, and always short staffed. I always had to stay later or come in earlier due to people quitting all the time.
Pros
free lunch
Stressful Work place with poor structure
Chef Case, Sandwich and Salad, and Bakery (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 12, 2017
Overworked competent employees because they could not keep staff due to poor management. They would schedule me in one venue with the intention of me being able to bounce around between 2-3 venues and still complete my scheduled venues tasks. They promised growth and opportunities, but when pressed would not promote.
Fast Paced
Barista (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2017
The management is understanding usually on everything but it can get really hectic. Free food is not provided accept for the free red dots at the end of the night. Food is expensive but good
Fun place to work for and great food!
Market Representative and Catering Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2017
Fun, upbeat atmosphere in which to work. Food is good and they offer an employee discount. You get to meet a lot of people and build a rapport with returning customers.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Music (depending on individual preferences)
They're a great company
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2017
This is a small company with only a small handful of locations nationwide. Like most company's they provide excellent products, and pride themselves on their customer service, The staff and the management there is very good.
Pros
benefites and insurance
Cons
N/a
Piece of Cake
Chef (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Managed to work my way up the ladder here. There was room for growth and the managers and supervisors saw my growth and gave me more opportunities to lean more about the field.
Enjoy the business.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2015
I enjoy interacting with the customers on a daily basis. I answer their questions and make suggestions on food choices.
Good Work Environment
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 28, 2015
Good work environment, food and recipes are a challenge, but with the right team you can make it work. Upper management challenges with communication and standardizations.
Pros
Meal comps
Cons
Senior management could communicate better.
Satisfy but should be open to improvements
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2015
I was very satisfied with the amount of hours given, and the customers that added to the work environment. It made it often a very pleasant place to work, I had made good friends and relationships among several of my co-workers and one manager in particular. However I felt that the whole of the management team had somewhat an inability to be considerate of problems people might be having in reference to family issues and other obligations they might have had. An example might be Fraternity leave might result in immediate termination due to there "punctuality" policy.
Pros
Shift meals were allowed, Customer crowd was impressive, and health insurence provided was wonderful.
Cons
Poor management
fast paced at times
Baker (Former Employee) –  grapevine,txNovember 10, 2014
Typical day started at 2 am. At times it could be fast paced and physically demanding. My favorite part of the job was working with my hands and creating a product that the customers enjoyed.
Fun workplace
Cashier Duties (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2014
I enjoyed meeting new people, and working with others I learned the basics in the cashier positon