eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,191 reviews matching the search See all 1,483 reviews
everyone is different
sales (Current Employee) –  Dixon, ILSeptember 17, 2018
My ebay store just consisted of a few items and the ease of use is astounding, this job takes a very reasonable amount of time and energy to complete and is well worth it
Not a comfortable setting
Bilingual Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Employees seem to constantly be nervous and worried that they would get laid off at any given moment. Many people were cut short on their hours, even if only an hour or two of starting a shift, or called just minutes before their shift to be told not to come in. There was no feeling of job security or schedule consistency to fulfill the 40 hours.
Cons
Constantly cut people hours
EBay sucks
Individual Seller at eBay (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHSeptember 16, 2018
Ebay sucks. They will charge insert fees if you go over your selling limits. My account got hacked and ebay was absolutely no help at all. My account was destroyed by someone else and I was unable to use ebay anymore.
Pros
make money
Cons
terrible customer service
Immature unskilled managers. Confusing
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron ohioSeptember 14, 2018
I was hired to work remotely for eBay. I was shocked at the ages and lack of knowledge on basic info. the trainer Zachary whos previous job was manager at a chik Fil a. He went on and on about his hair length and than we were asked who are favorite super hero was. This was the level of maturity throughout training. Favorite disc jockey where to go skateboarding. Things normal grown ups don't think about. I quit on the 2nd day realized I couldn't tolerate anymore. My guess is eBay is too hip for me.
They also dump a ton of equipment off and oh yes you set everything up yourself. It's heavy the equipment was also defective.
Pros
Cons
Childish mamagers
Fun and productive place
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, VASeptember 13, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. It was kind of a fast paced job that would keep you busy. I worked there through the Christmas season. The people I worked with were very friendly.
Pros
Making money
Cons
Not making enough money.
Good place to get a business started
Online Seller (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 10, 2018
There is no requirement to sell on eBay, just a registration. It is the perfect place to start growing a small business. If you have something with value, then it can be sold on eBay. Unlike Amazon, you can sell individual items without having to worry about ordering products to sell in bulk.
great place to work for
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYSeptember 10, 2018
Ebay is a good place to work for had many good benefits and the people there were friendly. They like for you to be cross trained which i was to help where needed
Experience may very.
Software Engineer III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 10, 2018
I worked with a great manager, so it was a very nice experience. I had the opportunity to learn a lot while on the job. Has the downsides of any large company, so it can be difficult to track down architectural knowledge, and the onboarding process can be dreary.
Pros
Autonomy, Flexibility
Cons
Training, Knowledge sharing
Fun place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 10, 2018
This was a amazing place to work fast pace not to hard loved packing and my supervisors was a hard worker made sure his team did a good job not to hard on us
self motivated seller
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 5, 2018
I did not work at ebay, I sold items for various persons at different times. I enjoy ebay and have no problem with them. I believe they are a fair company.
Ebay--self employed
Seller (Current Employee) –  Home BasedSeptember 5, 2018
Selling on eBay is strictly as much or as little as you want to on a personal level.

I sold items for myself and friends strictly for extra cash for my family and myself.
Pros
make as much as you sell
Cons
A great experience and productivity is up to you only!!
Sales (Current Employee) –  NC and FLSeptember 2, 2018
Ebay is a good place to make some money while you are at home.Management are very professional and are not bothering people all day long like in some places. In my case, I used to have other activities out of home and the amount of money depends on how serious you are in this kind of business. I learn to buy clothes and articles in a good price and make profit of it; I learn to write the perfect descriptions of products, and find the best way to sell the products promptly. The hardest part of the job is when you do not sell enough or you do not know exactly what to offer to sell more. And the most enjoyable part of the job is when you get enough money for your expenses and some to save. I will keep doing this at home but I want a P/T job out of the house to keep an active mind and I like to be with people. I am a people person and I like to help people in need too. Thank you.MA
Pros
freedom in schedule, money depends on your own effort.
Cons
You do not get enough to live only of it.
Productive place with a lot of events to learn and have fun
Data Science Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 30, 2018
Ebay proved to be a great learning experience . There's a nice work life balance. You get the opportunity to participate in numerous events whether it be learning /mentorship sessions, hackathons or recreation.
Pros
Free breakfast and events
Cons
No too many innovation projects in the pipeline
Productive workplace, fun and relax
Online Lister (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 30, 2018
Productive and helpful to everyone. The salary is on time and this kind of work is big help to those people who stay in their house. The employer is good also
very good company
Top rated seller (Former Employee) –  usaAugust 30, 2018
very good company and good support team in facebook and on the phone, good deal, very modern, I work for 1.5 years in it as a top rated seller and I like my work.
easy flexible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 25, 2018
Easy Flexible work with great staff and floor leaders. Pay was good and if something came up I could work and different shift and I wouldn't lose any hours.
Fast Paced, Metric Driven, Good Compensation
Trust and Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2018
eBay as a company can be hard to pin down in a singular sentence. They really appear to care about their employees and invest heavily in them. The benefits they offer are excellent and entry level positions are paid a living wage with reasonable opportunity for advancement. The call dynamics are not script based, so you are often having to do a large amount of research in a short amount of time in order to satisfy both the customer's demands and the expectations of management. Management is personable, but heavily goal driven, and it can be stressful for those not accustomed to the atmosphere to meet the metrics laid out for them. If you have experience in a call center, or tend to thrive in semi-competitive offices, eBay may suit your style.
Pros
Good office amenities, Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks, Heavily metric driven
I worked for myself.
eBay Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 23, 2018
eBay is a great website to work at home. I personal never had a bad experience with any of my buyers or had a problem with paying the low fees. As long as you post as a fair price, its good as sold.
Pros
Flexible hours
I was a remote writer
Content Writer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2018
eBay seemed like a nice place to work. I was a remote writer for them, so I didn't really get to know the company internally. If I had to say something about the company, it would be that I have always liked eBay. I would not hesitate to work for them again.
Pros
Work from home. Great schedule
Cons
Long hours typing.
great start
Store Owner (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 21, 2018
Whenever I have things I need gone eBay is the go to for me. A great way to have a foothold on what value a product has and a good way to analyze how to run a store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

26%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss