eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

United States1,298 reviews
Found 1,298 reviews matching the search
Great Company - Questionable Leaders
eBay has so many great benefits to employees and to eCommerce. Driving business for small business.

eBay Leaders in Utah- Specifically- are stuck in antiquated ways of leadership. They pick who they relate to or they are starkly the opposite and only choose the numbers. There isn't balance or a real plan of consistency. The culture changes every 2-3 years.
Pros
Great benefits, good people, decent product
Cons
Old mentality of leading, slow to change, bandaids over solutions
Lacks cohesive company leadership and direction.
Constant turnover, ambiguous direction and lack of collaboration. Huge opportunity being squandered by product culture. Paralysis through analysis. Difficult to find clear marketing direction and brand identity.
A place to grow!
Leadership truly cares about your individual growth and often will present learning opportunities that will help stretch you and help you grow! This has happened to me multiple times in my short tenure at eBay. I’m planning on being here a long time because they value my growth so much!
Productive and Friendly Atmosphere
Its an Amazing work experience working with E-Bay. Friendly atmosphere and moreover there is no work pressure. Working at E-Bay is a very good experience in my life.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Excellent Health care benefits
Great
Great company. Great culture. Good benefits. Growth opportunities provided to hard workers. Yearly salary increase is nice as well. Not sure what else to say...
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
A great place to work
I have had the pleasure to work with a variety of inspiring individuals. They were all very intelligent and friendly no matter the department. Such a joy to be a part of the company.
Fulfilling
• Built and managed eBay store with items including Jewelry, Handmade Organic Soaps, and vintage materials efficiently managing inventory with a constant flow of units into and out of storage area.
• Packaged & shipped an average of 150 packages monthly both domestically and internationally managing online retail operations to ensure orders were shipped on time.

• Communicated with eBay & Amazon customers on an ongoing basis to answer questions, resolve disputes, provide further details about items for sale, and collect payment
It's all about the money now
When I first got hired at eBay, one of our value was to "Do the right thing". It truly felt like that for a very long time. The members were and employees were valued. Now, every quarter it seems like it's becoming more and more about the shareholders. Our company doesn't even stand behind emails we send people anymore. This company that hides behind its user agreement. They do pay well though.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Brainwashed leadership culture
Awesome culture - extremely diverse. Casual and fun atmosphere
eBay cares about their employees and ensure they are competitive in a very tough market. They work diligently to ensure that all employees understand how their role supports the vision, mission and values.
One of the worst companies I've worked for in my 20+ years professionally.
I'd never work there again. Folks were nasty, unprofessional and the company always seemed poorly run. The expectations were high given the name when I entered and I was greatly disappointed.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at eBay Inc.?
Awesome
Awesome great teamwork and I like the managers and co-workers and I would have continued working there but my car got messed up and I couldn’t get to work
mediocre, non-tech dinosaur marketing company with evil executives
eBay has always perceived software as an IT cost that execs never understood. eBay is not a good environment for engineering or science. eBay offers free food.
Pros
slow-paced, "ticket monkey" environment, low-expectations, flex time
Cons
frustrating
Horrible company
There is a reason why this company has been going down. Company has no plan and vision. Lot of politics and back stabbing. Avoid it if you want to be happy and grow your career.
flexible hours; job security
wide variety of merchandise; wide range of customers.
the worst part is keeping inventory to sell.

the best part is working from home, at your own pace.
Horrible place to work
Horrible place to work they don’t care anything about you... there is no respect there and all they care about are themselves ..they lie all the time..
One of the largest tech companies
eBay is one of the oldest and largest international tech companies who invented the concept of marketplace. In addition to core business (eBay website), eBay also owns a portfolio of classifieds in Europe, Americas, and Asia-Pacific.
Be your own Boss
It's great cuz you can work from home
On your own time,pace,hours as well as how you to about selling on your personal page store,you get too find old new things at yard sales,thrift stores etc

And get too do research and find the value and worth of a item
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Its a hit and miss
Muy buena
Es UNA empresa muy buena y puedes trabajar de casa. Y tambien. Se gana bien
Good company culture, too late to innovate and compete with Amazon
I have enjoyed being part of ebay for over 4 years, but observed very poor decision making by executive teams. Now, ebay appears to be trying to monetize even its organic search and entire experience by selling advertising and rankings to the highest bidder, not the best products/sellers. Finding literally any place on a buyers screen to advertise, and it’s just getting worse as ebay diminishes it brand, and continues to push lame Advertising upon its buyers.

Amazon’s 150M investment in FBA and predictable logistics for buyers disrupted things, and Prime delivery made Amazon easy and convenient for buyers. Ebay was too slow, clumsy, and late with EGD and other half-hearted attempts to compete
Good
Salary is dependent on what you sell & how much. It can vary from day to day so you have to be very self motivated to want to make money. Overall it has gone well
productive and Relaxed
I work whithin my own suitable hours and can make as much as i would like to.
i find it very relaxing and can work at home or on the go.

I have a back up from a very helpful team for whichever type of help i needed
Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight