eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,145 reviews matching the search See all 1,425 reviews
ebay inc
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJuly 15, 2018
Ebay was fun to work with. i worked with clients that need me to input data and to input there listings for them. this was a very easy job and i wished that i could continue working here but it was a temporarily job.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
cant think of any
Fired for going to the ER
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2018
I have never heard of a company that is willing to fire somebody when they have gone to the ER. They were unwilling to take a doctors note from the ER. The management lied and stated that they would talk about options, and Instead of the options I was terminated. I’ve never heard of a company cell and willing to work with somebody, due to a possible heart attack.
Pros
Good Workers Down Below, Bad Management Up Above.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2018
Worked for a manager who pretty much was incapable of doing their job function at all and passed responsibilities on to the team. They were recruited from a completely different industry and had no knowledge of the actual job. When things were implemented they were not ever communicated well, and numbers became an on and off issue at different periods. Amenities were great and the people I worked with were cool too, but management was inexperienced and immature at times. Scheduling is pretty much locked in to whatever you sign on for, so anything you plan to take on in life will have to work around this.
Pros
Free Snacks, Gym On Site, Healthcare
Cons
Bad Management, Locked Schedules, No Advancement, Average Pay
Good Culture, Bad Management
Empolyee (Current Employee) –  Draper, UT 84020July 11, 2018
eBay has a great culture and benefits. They have a sabbatical program, paternity and maternity leaves, great 401K and other benefits. Aside from that, the management is horrible. They don't take employee consideration into account. Work life balance is not taken into consideration.
Fun environment
Senior Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Richwood, KYJuly 10, 2018
The overall work experience was great, some managers and supervisors need training, climate controlled, clean work environment. Benefits are excellent and affordable. The hours are less than desirable. Very fast working environment, SLAs and UPH are of great importance
Pros
Benefits are awesome
Cons
Long hours during peak
productive and fun workplace
Senior SQL Server Developer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 10, 2018
Good place to improve communications and work culture and interactive team and innovative place. Team lunches and team meetings and offshore interaction.
Ebay
Independent Salesman (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2018
Good income opportunities from independent sales. Selling online has taught me a lot about owning and operating my own business. It has taught me how to manage various orders on a weekly basis. I can say I excel in gaining new business and customers.
Great company to work for
Program Manager IV, Training and Events (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 9, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at eBay. A great company, with a great vision that is positioned to do great things. Currently experiencing some issues, but I have no doubt that they will overcome them. Highly recommend them to any potential job seekers. Truly sorry that I no longer work there.
Pros
Great managers, supportive environment for personal development and growth
Cons
Lay offs
Great Place to work
CSIRT Project Management Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 9, 2018
During my tenure at eBay, I enjoyed my work and the number of people I got to work with. eBay provided me a place to figure out my career path and helped me move on to getting there.
Great platform reaches millions of potential customers
Ebay Power Seller Top Rated (Former Employee) –  Emmaus, PAJuly 8, 2018
Easy to use and learn. Follow the seller guidelines. Take pictures that sell!!! Always have fast as possible response!!! Include detailed listings to keep your customers interested!!! Package everything as if it were your own gift!!! Expect the occasional problem customer and ask Ebay to step in when need be!!! Most transactions are smooth and simple.
Pros
Work for yourself
Cons
Occasional scammers
Ebay Lister (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAJuly 8, 2018
When I was working for Ebay Valet, I was fortunate to handle customer service, receive items, research, appraise, photograph and list. Since Ebay Valet has been closed as of 3 months ago, I've been working in the main warehouse at Ingram Micro in the pick module, and would love to get back to working with Ebay. I do have my own Ebay store; silver_lace_antiques.
Pros
Doing what I loved to do.
Cons
The small amount of working in the shipping department:)
Too many reorgs
Site Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 6, 2018
eBay has a problem with decision making and duplicate roles. There was always fear of lay offs and reorgs. Job stability is not stable and room for growth is limited.
review
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 6, 2018
everyday uou go to work and then you have a lunch and then you work some more and then you go home. you sit at computer and work, you answer phone or make phone calls
Pros
great
eBay Customers are sellers and buyers
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 6, 2018
Manages all administrative functions including expense reporting and tracking, purchase order preparation and tracking, coordinating complex domestic and international travel, calendar management and prioritization of requests for time.

Partnering with executives and senior leaders to exceed expectations and outcomes.

eBay seeks leading edge solutions to make its' customer community a better place to live, work and learn. We are committed to the care and stewardship of the community. We take a collective approach and give the best of eBay.

Many smart people, innovative, long term vision, family friendly, good work life balance, good culture, sustainable, and continues to works on improving the customer experience.

Teambuilding events were very enjoyable.
Benefits
Cons
Food in the eBay Cafe is very expensive
I never worked there
Director of Sales and Internet (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 5, 2018
I never worked at eBay. Not sure why you think I worked for eBay inc...I never did...I worked for a luxury watch company that used eBay as a platform to sell.
The best place to work with
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 5, 2018
The company provides excellent medical, vision and dental benefits and 401 k match up.

The company also give quarterly bonuses to employees based on company's performance and individual performance
Pros
Excellent place to work
Great part time work
Online Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 4, 2018
Good company. You have to be a go getter and keep up with company changes . Limited control over listing. Must know what is selling at a given time.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Very competitive
Enjoyable working environment
Product Manager - Product Pages (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 3, 2018
I work with amazing people! They aren’t just engineers or product owners...they’re my friends. Having a team like that makes going to work easy. Best group of people I’ve worked with in a very long time.
good work place
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2018
there was something always to do. fast paste. on your feet all day. good management. pay was ok but the pay rate always went up and down when working as a temp. and when full time you pay rate is 10 per hour with raises
Pros
na
Cons
na
Excellent Work Environment
Principal Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 1, 2018
Ebay provides great working environment and encourages engineers to be creative and pursue their goals. You have opportunity to work with bright people in the industry and build software used of millions of people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight