eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,240 reviews matching the search See all 1,543 reviews
good side money if you know what to get
Small Business Owner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 19, 2018
buying, refurbishing, and reselling is what i did as a small business owner on Ebay. It helped me pay for my university while i was a student in san francisco.
fun workplace, very friendly, laid back,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLNovember 19, 2018
answering phones, customer service, making sure our customers were happy and we never had to reach a supervisor, to keep things escalated and know that the customer felt comfortable to know we were doing everything we could do deal with the issues and make it right.
Treasury Analyst
Senior Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 13, 2018
Corporate culture is relaxed but the Treasury Department is fast paced and a lot of attrition within the group (both while I was there and now). Additionally, the company overall doesn't seem to be doing well post-split with PayPal.
packer/shipper
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 6, 2018
Worked at Ebay in a seasonal position through Adecco temp agency for the holidays and while taking a 6 mos break from school. I enjoyed working there. I enjoyed being physically active instead of being sedentary all the time. It was very different from what I was use to doing.
Online Marketing Has Never Easier
Online Sales (Former Employee) –  InternetNovember 4, 2018
Great place to get your foot in the door of eCommerce, customer service, and entrepreneurship. No more yard sales picking through rubbish, try a professional look on ebay.com
Great work-life balance
Fraud, Sales, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 2, 2018
eBay is a great company to work for. They listen to what you need and make changes immediately. Managers are great in most departments. If you can handle sitting at a computer all day every day with controlled breaks and lunches and a bit of micromanaging on most teams, it's a pretty chill job with suitable pay!
Pros
Generous PTO, Casual work environment
Cons
Boring! Redundant.
Great company to work for - slowing growth
Sr. Manager, (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 31, 2018
eBay is a fantastic place to work. people and culture are excellent, however with slowing growth overall, and limited options to reignite growth rates, quarterly results will rely more and more on cost cutting and increased marketing spend.
Pros
great people, vision and work evnironment
Cons
limited advancement opportunities, asked to squeeze water out of rocks.
Productive and fun workplace with pingpong table.
Developer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 31, 2018
It was really fun working with the management as they gave me a space to showcase my skills. The most enjoable part was Team lunches where we used to have immense fun within the team.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
breaks
IT was fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2018
fun but really competitive place many kids at the school wanted to sell things.sometimes we would not have enouph stuff to sales so you would t not get that much money
eBay is a great company to work for.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 29, 2018
eBay is one of the best companies to work for, decent pay, great benefits, employee focused, decent schedules, great culture, everyone willing to help you succeed.
Great culture & benefits
Tax Provision Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 29, 2018
The company really takes care of you interms of financial, health, and fringe benefits. The people I met there are generally very friendly and helpful.
Pros
great benefits, pay
Cons
fast paced, unpredictable
good company to work for
Sr. Manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 26, 2018
Work and Life Balance with Brutal Efficiency. The Company promotes innovative culture while continue to improve daily operation. Overall a good company to work for.
a very fun work place
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40258October 26, 2018
Had fun working at thismjob the hours was great and the pay was good. Every woker was excited to come to work, its a very productive job. I will recommand everybody i know to work at this job, you get all the benefits you need.
Pros
Had pizza party almost every week and had our own space with a tv in the lunch room
Cons
Got everything you needed from this job health care and all
Fun Culture
Senior Manager, Risk (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 25, 2018
eBay has a fun culture. They are also very diverse. They like to participate in a lot of very diverse activities. They claim to champion people being brave but the company moves too quickly to really do this.
Ebay
seller/lister (Current Employee) –  Belews Creek, NCOctober 12, 2018
I do not work at eBay. I work for myself and own an ebay store. Ebay is only the advertising mediam. I have done ok with them. But its not enough to live on.
Pros
flexible, own business
Cons
limited in income
Good people to work with
Workday HCM Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 12, 2018
Amazing team to work with. Very good environment. Learned new products. Sometimes I felt I am going away from own expertise but at the same time they give enough time to learn a new skill. no pressure.
My 11 months at eBay were memorable
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 12, 2018
eBay was a great place to work as a consultant and I was nicely engaged. Manager knew what she was doing and what she needed from me. Whole team was enthusiastic.
Pros
Free food, really fun and creative environment
Cons
Contract ended
Good pay if you don’t mind no advancement
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2018
It was a good place to work. Good money and easy work but there was no upward growth. Good starter job, but consider it a long term job as opposed to a career.
horrible
Tier I Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 10, 2018
it is like a high school, everyone gossips, is loud and annoying, There are clicks and you are judged the second you walk in. You are expected to do more than your job title on a daily bases with no compensation. Supervisors are children that got picked to be in that position as favorites by their peers.
This is very misleading in that I did not work directly for eBay. I sold on Ebay
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 10, 2018
I thought eBay is horribly hard on the people selling on their site. There were many a time when a customer was misrepresenting themselves and I still had to pay for their mistake or attempt at fraud. There are a lot of people who do fraud on eBay and eBay chooses to put blinders on because they are not the ones that are having to pay for it. I was able to do fairly well financially on eBay but it is not the way I would choose to make a living. Being a seller on the site is a constant fear of what the last buyer's feedback is going to be.
Pros
I am looking for a different line of work. Overall it was a negative experience for me.
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight