eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 943 reviews matching the search See all 1,202 reviews
Good way to make a second income
EBAY ENTREPRENEUR (Current Employee) –  Home BasedMay 25, 2018
eBay policies are a pain, but it's a great way to make extra money on the side or support yourself for short periods of time. Very buyer focused, sellers are second.
It's ebay
Highly Rated Seller (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIMay 23, 2018
I love selling on ebay as a way to make some extra cash on the side. I recommend all young business students giving it a try. It's easy to start and you can learn a lot about marketing.
Good job if you can thrive in a chaotic work environment
Forecasting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 23, 2018
Chaotic work environment with constant change. Work load is too large for the time allowed to complete tasks. Management provides conflicting priorities and does not support its people. Be prepared to be blamed for things that are not even under your control.
Pros
High compensation
Cons
Management continues to "leap before they look" when making decisions.
Make your own hours and work as needed
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDMay 22, 2018
Been selling on E-Bay for almost 15 years and it's a great way to make good income especially when needed, Go away or take a break whenever you want. Job Freedom
Pros
make as much or as little as you want
Cons
Can't always control amount of profit
Um; It's a Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 22, 2018
It is a fast-paced job with lots of different instructions to follow, and they must be followed to a "T". Management listens to recordings of the calls, and each employee is graded for their performance on a weekly basis. The judgments are harsh; sometimes brutal. Perfection on the calls is a must. Perfection on the part of supervisors and management, however, is optional.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
You earn way more than you get paid
something positive and new each day
Central Office Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 21, 2018
always a busy and fun atmosphere!!!!
I had so much fun, worked on extreme makeover facility small and large construction projects, worked closely with project managers and software managers, as well assisting architects and software
developers engineers.
Ebay
Independent Seller (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 21, 2018
I worked as an independent seller on Ebay. It has given me a chance to deal with the public hands on. Solving complex problems that may have arisen during processing of orders.
over all view good company
Inventory Logistic Specialist/ Business Owner (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 19, 2018
fast help 24 7 support a great venue to resale electronic repairs and resale whole/brand new electronics. provides seller protection against hackers and scammers.
dont work here
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 18, 2018
If you want to be stressed out and tired work here. if not DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!! they do not care about their employees. I hated my time at this company.
Fun
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 17, 2018
I got to enter my own items I was selling. It was a hassle but it was to make my own money for a short amount of time. I constantly sold things and it was fun to do.
It`s eBay
Freelance (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 15, 2018
It is a great help at first for someone who cant get around much. It is pretty basic stuff but highly competitive. If someone complains you basically end up giving away your item to avoid it to "escalate" or a negative review. Unfortunately many have figured out how to game the system and get away with freebies.
Pros
Your own hours, from home
Cons
scammers
Wonderful
Sales Manager/Owner (Current Employee) –  pittsburgh PAMay 14, 2018
What began as a shopping experience became a full time career over a decade ago. Working for eBay has allowed me to make my own hours, control my earnings and reach out to thousands of customers all over the world.
When you sell for a world wide company you need to be able to uphold the integrity of the company, and eBay rewards store owners that excel with notable levels of awards. I am and have been a power seller for at least a decade and I have achieved a perfect 100% feedback score from my thousands of customers.
I would highly recommend this career for people who need to be able to telecommute, new moms, disabled people, and people who want complete control of their salary and work hours.
Pros
Work from your home, make your own schedule
Cons
whats not to love
eBay
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 8, 2018
Fun culture at eBay lots of happy hour events, lots of off site planning on my part, calendaring, ordering snacks, expense reports for VPs. Lively bunch of co-workers all with exceptional personalities.
Pros
Free Breakfast daily, Taco Thursdays, Beagle Wednesdays, Off Sites and Happy Hours Walkers Bar on campus 2 free cocktails per day with your eBay badge
Cons
Budget issues, employee turnover and re-orgs, competition
was bought out
eBay (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 8, 2018
ebay like gsi was bought out by radial its a good place to work same as radial only a few things changed but other then that dont know what else to say
Ebay
Senior Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 8, 2018
Taking transportation freight invoices from the vendors & adjusting the bills by searching for the correct code to bill the client. Training new on boards in research & escalate issues.
Personal eBay seller
Personal Business (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 2, 2018
• Sourced and acquired inventory using online channels and distributors
• Designed web page auctions for individual and all specific items
• Handled shipping and provided quality customer service
Pros
Flexibility, good company
Cons
Saturated market
Good Opportunity for Work-at-Home Business
Internet sales (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILMay 1, 2018
Check your emails for possible new orders. You must verify that your current price for what you sell is going to be profitable each week, otherwise you may sell at no profit or a loss. Any new items must be entered according to EBAY rules which must be followed in order to list them. It's nice to be your own boss, but you have to beware of businesses that supposedly teach you the business, but refuse to reveal the true costs of taking additional steps so that you can make a living at it.
Pros
You are you're own boss
Cons
You need to make investments in contracting with product manufacturers with no guarantees of profit
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2018
The environment and co-workers make this place a great working experience. They often have snacks and free drinks available. Management is approachable as well.
Great Job If u ask me
Packer (Former Employee) –  KentuckyApril 30, 2018
I loved this job the pay was great I just didn't have transportation definitely a job I wouldn't mind working again it was easy and simple and it wasn't stressful and u get your hours and everything
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
None if u ask me
eBay is a software sweat shop.
Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 28, 2018
The company is managed by blithering idiots who think that they're intelligent but have no idea of what they're doing. They routinely brutalize employees and treat them like slaves. One of the managers there even tried to control my home. The man had no business managing anything.
Pros
They give you a pay check.
Cons
Working at eBay is horrible in every other way imaginable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight