eBay Inc.
71Above average

eBay Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,279 reviews matching the search
Good company culture, too late to innovate and compete with Amazon
I have enjoyed being part of ebay for over 4 years, but observed very poor decision making by executive teams. Now, ebay appears to be trying to monetize even its organic search and entire experience by selling advertising and rankings to the highest bidder, not the best products/sellers. Finding literally any place on a buyers screen to advertise, and it’s just getting worse as ebay diminishes it brand, and continues to push lame Advertising upon its buyers.

Amazon’s 150M investment in FBA and predictable logistics for buyers disrupted things, and Prime delivery made Amazon easy and convenient for buyers. Ebay was too slow, clumsy, and late with EGD and other half-hearted attempts to compete
Schnellebiger laden, zu wenig geld für die arbeit die man dort gemacht hat. sehr Kompliziert aufgebautes program,m, was nicht ausgereift ist.
Good
Salary is dependent on what you sell & how much. It can vary from day to day so you have to be very self motivated to want to make money. Overall it has gone well
productive and Relaxed
I work whithin my own suitable hours and can make as much as i would like to.
i find it very relaxing and can work at home or on the go.

I have a back up from a very helpful team for whichever type of help i needed
Fairly easy once you get the hang of it. Had to learn a lot about buying and selling the best items and much about e-commerce. But in the end it was all worth it.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Not what it used to be
I just completed 3 years at eBay it started off as a great company, then went down after we got a new CEO. The put you in departments that you don’t get full training for and if your metrics suffer you cannot advance and maybe written up when it’s not even your fault. Don’t work here if your excepting a long term career.
good stepping stone, not much else
no clear scope of work, constantly changing projects / priorities, lack of direction or support from leadership, low pay to boot. most if not all teams are chronically understaffed as a result of low pay, expect to be told to pick up the slack
Great Flexible Job
Good job, allows for flexible hours and is easy to work with, customers can also directly contact sellers in case of of any questions or support they need.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at eBay Inc.?
Flexibility to be my own boss
Ebay has given me freedom and the ability to own my own business with YTD sales of 450,000. Ebay has helped me grow my business from a hobby to a full-time job that supports my family.
Ebay sales and service
Ebay has raised sellers fees so much it’s difficult to stay competitive. I do my best! Also, Internet sales have been taxed. Shipping rates have tripled in five years, which makes it difficult to stay competitive.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Buyer aren’t always honest
Great Company to work with
Great technology and always top of all technology
Providing Opportunity to all levels

great workplace and culture

good commute

nice managements

Most are great benefits
A great remote home based job, if you have the inventory
The flexibility that eBay affords is a definite pro. You will need to be self-motivating in order to get the work done. A typical day involves research the item for item specifics. Also, comparing like products and demand for correct pricing. Then clean, photograph and list items.
Great work environment.
Definitely recommended for customer service representatives. Work environment is not hostile at all. Remember that the customer is always right in any situation.
Not exactly a job, but a good means of earning extra income
This "job" requires you to be consistent and adhere to market changes in order to get an edge on the competetion. However, the market is over-saturated as of late and not to mention Amazon beginning to usurp many e-commerce sites.
Numbers Driven.
Metrics driven and that is all that matters. The company has lost money over time and are focusing on efficiencies only. Management is untrustworthy and does not keep private information confidential. Work at own risk
excellent environment to work in
I loved working at eBay. Its very diverse and fun atmosphere. no micro management. it was great. Good People and staff and Im thinking of something else oh yeah the location next to front runner
Pros
onsite support, cafeteria, coffee snacks
Cons
walking from the parking lot
Work on your own for yourself
Fun make good money if you work hard. I make my own schedule and I really enjoy the sourcing for new items, but beware of the death piles they can really creep up.
Pros
Work when you want the more you work the more you make
Cons
Make own schedule
great
All good. Exactly what I needed. Thanks for the opportunity in continuing my career in this employment capacity. Nice flexibility to pursue my goal and aspirations.
Good online platform to sale items.
Listing new items. Entering photos of new items. Entering details about new items. Promoting new items. Setting up payment options for new items. Dealing with customer service issues after sales.
Decline to state
I decline to state due to NDA agreements and requirements. This form fails to accommodate normal business practices and it should be modified to allow no entries.
Great place to develop
eBay is an incredible place to work. This company is so committed to the development of their employees and shows in nearly everything that they do. There are so many opportunities to develop your skills and career, if you want them! Really enjoy my time here - feels like home.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

31%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

45%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.