eBay logo
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100Average

eBay Employee Reviews

eBay insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

Found 1,348 reviews matching the search.See all 1,708 reviews

High volume calls

WFH is great, but call volume can get ridiculous and so can customers attitudes. Management is supportive but they don't like to take escalated calls very often.

Great pay!!!

eBay has super awesome benefits and pay from day 1!!! They ensure you have all the training plus some for the position you hire for. Culture is awesome and you get to work at home. They pay for your internet service and give you all the computer equipment you need for your job!

Benefits

Fun place

Interesting work, fair pay. Good experience overall. Management is ok, culture is inviting tho. Hardest part was dealing with bureaucracy. Also felt a little misguided in terms of team direction.

Excellent Company to Work For

eBay really takes care of their employees. If I could’ve stayed, I would have. It became too emotionally draining, but I think that’s the call center atmosphere and not the job or company itself. If you’re going to work for a call center, this is the one. Benefits and pay and phenomenal, most of the management will do anything to help you succeed. I had an amazing experience and still consider them all my eBay family. When companies say “it’s like family here” eBay really is the definition of that.

Pros

Paid Breaks, Pto, Benefits, Supportive

Cons

Mentally Exhausting

It is the best job I’ve ever had!

It is fun, coworkers are fantastic! I have worked here for nearly 10 years now. You have a lot of empowerment when it comes to doing what is best for the customer and managers are wonderful. They encourage you to grow and to have a good work/life balance. You can schedule your own time off and they are fair about holidays when it comes to time off. Benefits are beyond great! This absolutely one of my best jobs!

Pros

4wk consecutive time off with pay every 5 yrs, Pto, Outstanding medical/dental/vision/life

Cons

Sometimes keeping up with expected stats is hard, customers can be rude

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Wouldn't recommend

Company really only cares about themselves. Claims to be about the employee, but benefits are not available to the employee when they are needed without working there for a year.

Great People

Many hours of listing and perfecting photos and description. Enjoy making people happy with their purchases. Answering questions and shipping is all done from the ease of being a home based buisness.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

People who complain when you worked so hard at perfecting listing.

Super flexible to work as much or little as you need.

Selling allows me to set my own schedule and to work middle of the night or at 6 am. The more I work the more I make so it's a nice reward for hard work.

Pros

Flexible, good work home balance, support boards are helpful

Cons

Dishonest people can ruin your reputation.

Worst experience of my professional life

Recruiting gave me the runaround if it doesn't seem like they want to hire you, don't let them. They will chew you up and spit you out. During recruiting, I was told I couldn't work in the same room as another ebay employee (what's a call center though) then they offered me a undesirable shift take it or leave it. Training was fun, but inadequate. When I got to the call floor they cancelled my coaching until I did something wrong. Meanwhile I was left on an island to try and figure out my new job. Then they cancelled vital training because of call volume which lead to my service metrics suffering from then on. I was given 2 coachings (including the one mentioned) and one verbal warning before I was fired, but they dragged it out for 5 stressful days and sleepless nights. I would not recommend working for ebay.

Pros

Saved on gas, barely a living wage

Cons

Interview took months, Training took months and was inadequate, Team lead and coach never available, Leadership is lazy, Coworkers are lazy, Inconsistent policy, Lots of unanswered questions

Great culture management is good some not so

I worked 5 years got my sabbatical and before you got the threshold they put you in a performance plan for aht and even though you weren't coached aggressively for this the other 4 years they won't let you take what you earned and fire you with no way to collect the sabbatical back.Loved the other managers and coaches before new CEO and executives got in and changed everything. Glint survey they do have to correct things.Stock optionsPaid Leave for spouse401kGreat pay was making 22.00 an hour. Customers can be mean you have to just keep tone and let them yell and vent. Validating and sympathizing and taking feedback to pass on.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Friendships, Paid Leave

Cons

Back to back calls, 50% good managers when it should be 100%, empty promises to employees

Jobs at eBay

See more jobs
Work From Home Customer Service Rep (within 50 miles of San Antonio)
San Antonio, TX
3 days ago

Good company

its a very good company I am sad I left. Great culture and job opportunities. Very Accommodating for mental illness and disabilities. There is a thing going on with favoritism but then again there is everywhere.

The benefits are great, but that’s it. Don’t sell your soul.

eBay Austin is the most toxic place I have ever worked. The benefits are great, but that is the only thing that kept me going until I could find LITERALLY anything else. The mangers play favorites and actively try to push out those they don’t like. There is no support offered. Ever. And when you do ask for help, management makes you feel inadequate. I was actively told on a near everyday basis that I was going to be fired when I maintained a very good scorecard. I was constantly pulled into meetings where I was told I was not good enough and when I would ask what I can do to do better, they LITERALLY told me I should be asking myself that question. I would come home from work and cry everyday. You are given breaks but frowned upon for using them. I was pregnant and once got a talking to for having to throw-up. I also got a talking to for having to owe frequently? If you’re needing some real real good health insurance but want to slowly lose your sense of self worth, this is the place for you. Masochists would thrive here.

Pros

Free snacks, health benefits, the co-workers are nice

Cons

Everything else, not joking, everything else is horrible, they never clean the bathrooms

no paid no gain

You need to pay more attention to your job and your ability. In this company, the people are nice and hard work. You can join them easily and funny. But you need to work hard to get more chances to improve yourself.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

healthcare

Just a paycheck

Training- chaotic & inefficient. Management: unprofessional & cold. Resources were not kept up to date. No one on same page. Good Pay but not worth it

Pros

Hourly pay and benefits

Cons

literally everything else

Excellent work environment. I absolutely have nothing but positive experiences to write here. The people are friendly and management is approachable!!

Pros

Free drinks

Reliable and Stable Income

I am grateful for eBay's work opportunities. My employer is also considerate and the best thing about it is I don't have to work 8 hours a day. We also have a great team. Thanks eBay and more power.

Pros

part time, weekly pay

Cons

healthcare, benefits

Simply Awesome

Everything I’ve experienced since starting my roll has proven that working for this company is worth it! eBay has amazing benefits, encourages donating and giving back to our communities, supports inclusion and diversity, and really takes into consideration their employees. The way everything is structured means you have constant support not only from your peers but your coaches and team leads as well. eBay really encourages development and learning in your role.

employees are not.important

They change the schedule structure without informing the employees. They hired me hiding this info. They already knew about the changes. They will change your.schedule every 6 months.I was given tuesday and wednesday off plus they change my shift.to a night one just.because I was new. Basically they are the owners of your.time and can decide to change your.schedule without asking you.Management is really bad, they dont care.about their team only about themselves.I heard great things about the company in terms of how they value.employees. Unfortunately that has changed lately.

Pros

trainers are great

Cons

managment is a disaster

Energetic environment

It’s a friendly work environment, managers do not try to micro manage. They have flexible schedules and feed us all the time. :) They treat employees nicely.

eBay is Not an Ideal Place to Earn Funding On

This entire website is a "bomb" waiting to go off. It was not the most amazing place to earn some sort of income on.Constantly, left and right, eBay threw obstacles in nearly every direction.From their ludicrous fees, to their ill-arranged website, it's not the ideal place to earn a profit on despite it's buyer volume.

Pros

Visibility, quick sales

Cons

Expensive/hidden fees, not so accurate service.

Fun thrifting job

My experience with selling on ebay is touch and go. I have succeeded at times and have fallen on my face financially. When it comes down to it. You need to do your own research and have a solid buisness plan and have alot of self motivation and a strong work ethic with a determination to succeed.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Questions about eBay