eBay

eBay Employee Reviews

United States1,406 reviews

Found 1,406 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,782 reviews
amazebenefitcustomselleravailitemco-workeremployee

It was a good experience would recommend

it was really swell you know it is easy to list items up for the grabs and sell them for your own prices and even bargain a few with buyers to meet your needs. Lots of time and unlimited pay. You put up and people buy you get paid in the week or so. there hardly ever any mangers watching over you but you cant give out personal information on the site for others.

Smart colleagues, lots of room for growth, a bit slow-paced

Pros:- A lot of investment on home-grown softwares.- Quite collaborative environment. Smart and caring people all over the board.- Decent amount of exposure in outside.Cons:- At times, I feel like it's a bit too laid back : )

Pros

A lot of investment on home-grown softwares, Quite collaborative environment, Smart and caring people all over the board, Decent amount of exposure in outside.

Cons

At times, I feel like it's a bit too laid back : )

eBay insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Really good place to work

This job was probably the best I’ve ever worked for. Unfortunately they didn’t have the hours I needed at the time which led to my departure. Over all tho the people are awesome and the pay is very good.

Pros

Good management, money

Cons

Can be stressful at times. A lot of policy research

Great work environment

It was awesome working with eBay . I got to drop ship product sourcing from Amazon and was able to find profitable items fairly quickly: the items sold in a manner of days.

Initiative but most of the innovations turns out semi-finished product

You can learn something but not a lot in daily work. The management is just ok.. Sometimes manager or colleague lacking of tech sense and block you to achieve your target. Too many challenges from colleague without giving any valuable suggestions. Network is more important than working. Sometimes stressful in daily life since too many blockers are slowing you down like platform.

Nice place

It’s good but there is certainly some improvement to be made. Culture is good in most departments but some are not as good as others. Nice benefits though.

Not what it used to be

eBay changed significantly in the past five years, and not for the better. The culture has become more competitive instead of collaborative and the focus on employee well being has gone by the wayside. I felt increasingly disconnected from the Purpose that drew me there, and finally left after seeing too many leaders ignore the needs of their teams in order to get ahead.

Pros

Working to help Sellers build their own businesses, having the chance to work with some of the long time leaders in Silicon Valley, and receiving the level of pay and benefits that come with working for an established brand.

Cons

Increasing pressure to do more with less, leadership encouraging competition while talking about collaboration, Layoffs became an annual (or even semi-annual) event, Innovation became increasingly difficult

Old tech, lots of meetings

They asked you to attends at least 1.5h meeting per day. In a sprint, one day the meeting is about 4h. You only have consecutive time max to 4h to do your work per day. Very unpleasant experience as a contractor here.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Too many meetings, old-fashioned tech

Lots of fees

Lots of fees and things like that whatever. Ya you think I like but I dont really, Do you think that well if you do then you should think otherwise and thats it.

Okay

Platform can be difficult to use. Policies change all the time. GSP is good but can't think of anything else. Tech stacks are somewhat outdated. Can WFH.

Pros

global platform

Cons

can be disorganized sometimes

great if you work for yourself. Awful if you work for someone else

If you are self-employed its great but if you're working for someone else then it is terrible. You better hope you find a reseller that actually cares about their employees

Pros

Cons

no benefits/ time off. low pay

Not enough support

Overstressed, overworked, underpaid. It’s understood to be a low paying job doing customer service, but why put your agents in the position as an enforcer of eBay’s rules and then turn around and let the customer survey the agent who needed to enforce your rules? People scream and cuss at you on a daily basis. Empower those low level employees more by letting us be straight forward without the risk of a survey that can wreck your stupid scorecard. And who thinks that 7.5 minutes is truly enough time to provide quality customer service? Give us more time to actually talk to people and less reviews from the people who are trying to get one over on us or are being unreasonable and hostile. Also, stop with the corporate “empathy” line for members and show more for the people who do the actual work. We are not endless wells of empathy and altruism, no one is, so please get real about that. You fast track your employees to burnout with your hot air idealism about what you think should be happening vs the day to day grittiness of what it is to handle complaints and negativity on a daily basis, unrelenting, without enough time or support to recuperate. Treat your employees better: allow more time for contacts and remove the customer surveys, or empower us to not have to be surveyed from time to time. It’s bad enough we need to fall in line to your strict metrics and low pay. I don’t need a customer who just spent the last 30 minutes yelling at me to now be able to ruin my day, my pay (bonus), or my career advancement by getting to say AGAIN how horrible their experience was.

Be your own boss

Thanks to eBay, I'm able to be my own boss. I'm very thankful for the opportunity to establish an online retail business via eBay. I can't thank them enough. Great company.

Inclusive company in spirit, but only depending on the department you work for.

There is an excellent aggregate vision for the company in terms of growth and inclusiveness, however the execution falls short within many departments. The path for promotion and career growth is antiquated and inefficient, and compensation packages are unrealistic. For example, the cost of living in the Austin, TX metro area has risen substantially within the past several years, and yet a large percentage of employees in the area were denied a cost of living increase with little explanation.

Pros

When the initial transition to working from home was initiated, there was substantial support from the company. The benefits (health care, etc.) are outstanding.

Cons

Compensation, career growth, communication, performative inclusivity.

Good, not great.

The work was fun, but challenging. eBay is struggling to find it’s place in the world. Almost like they don’t know if they want to be Amazon or Etsy. My advice - stick to what made you a leader in the online retail business.

The management is terrible work hours to long thru holidays no benefits

Management is terrible to much favorites and too much responsibility no help from Management leads get treated terribly I worked there for 7 years and can be replaced by a new employee in a matter of minutes

They simply do not pay enough for how long the training takes, and for how much they expect you to work.

The training class was like six weeks for pay that in actuality, is not an acceptable wage. The hope is that you move up through the ranks after six months, but the work is very tedious and they monitor how long you're away from your keyboard, so have fun with that for 18 dollars an hour.

Great Company, Hard Job!

Great company, hard job. If my commute time wouldn't have been as long as it was, I would honestly still be there. eBay is a wonderful company to work for and has tons of room for advancement. You have to take the leap!

Pros

Great Benefits, great hours, excellent pay, room for advancement

Cons

Was too far from MY HOUSE.

You earn for how much work you put in

I’ve been a seller for a few months now, I love it. Help desk is really helpful and responds fast. You earn money for how hard you work and post listings.

Supportive environment, challenging but not overwhelming (dependent upon position), and many opportunities for lateral or upward movement.

eBay is a chimera--the experience working there can be whatever you want it to be. If you prefer to lay low, do your job, and leave work at work, there's a place for you here. If you have a career goal in mind and want to experience a different department or move laterally/upwards, management is supportive and works with you to achieve your goals. The benefits are fantastic and start day one. You know when you call your health insurance company and they mention you have one of the best plans they offer, you're sitting pretty. Free therapy sessions with a therapist of your choice for you and your family. Free access to wellness programs like Grokker, Cleo, and Grand Rapids. Short and long term disability. Sabbaticals. Parental leave. Personal leave. Work from home. Employee stock plans. Retirement contribution match. The list goes on. In the numerous positions I've held at eBay, I've always felt I was treated not just fairly by management, but truly cared about. Downsides include the perpetual bureaucracy. Upper management is numbers-driven and it takes vocal, persistent employees who truly possess a passion for the future of the company to spark a change. Hearing common mantras filtered down by upper management such as "it's all about the member experience" and then actually seeing the numerous, asinine hoops members are forced to jump through needlessly is maddening. Performance targets constantly shift quarter-by-quarter--efficiency always being priority one--but upper management can't be bothered to ensure tools/software functions to a workable degree. Teams are large -

Pros

Exceptional benefits, Parental leave, Work from home, Supportive direct management, Ability to pursue interests and a variety of career paths, Flexible schedules and accommodations

Cons

Bureaucracy, Overworked direct management

Great flexibility.

Flexible schedule, work at your own pace independently. Opportunity to increase pay based on how hard you work. Great part-time or full-time work from home job.

Pros

flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eBay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

34%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

47%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss