eBay
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100

eBay Employee Reviews

Found 1,349 reviews matching the search
WFH is great, but call volume can get ridiculous and so can customers attitudes. Management is supportive but they don't like to take escalated calls very often.
I've been there for 10 years before relocating to California. This company is a very good company to work for. They have helped me raise my family financially. I love them.
If you enjoy being screamed at by customers day in and day out until you break, then this is the job for you! Management lies about bonuses along with hiding from their responsibilties.
Pros
Free drinks.
Cons
Everything else.
eBay has super awesome benefits and pay from day 1!!! They ensure you have all the training plus some for the position you hire for. Culture is awesome and you get to work at home. They pay for your internet service and give you all the computer equipment you need for your job!
Benefits
Cons
Interesting work, fair pay. Good experience overall. Management is ok, culture is inviting tho. Hardest part was dealing with bureaucracy. Also felt a little misguided in terms of team direction.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
eBay really takes care of their employees. If I could’ve stayed, I would have. It became too emotionally draining, but I think that’s the call center atmosphere and not the job or company itself. If you’re going to work for a call center, this is the one. Benefits and pay and phenomenal, most of the management will do anything to help you succeed. I had an amazing experience and still consider them all my eBay family. When companies say “it’s like family here” eBay really is the definition of that.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Pto, Benefits, Supportive
Cons
Mentally Exhausting
It is fun, coworkers are fantastic! I have worked here for nearly 10 years now. You have a lot of empowerment when it comes to doing what is best for the customer and managers are wonderful. They encourage you to grow and to have a good work/life balance. You can schedule your own time off and they are fair about holidays when it comes to time off. Benefits are beyond great! This absolutely one of my best jobs!
Pros
4wk consecutive time off with pay every 5 yrs, Pto, Outstanding medical/dental/vision/life
Cons
Sometimes keeping up with expected stats is hard, customers can be rude
Company really only cares about themselves. Claims to be about the employee, but benefits are not available to the employee when they are needed without working there for a year.
Many hours of listing and perfecting photos and description. Enjoy making people happy with their purchases. Answering questions and shipping is all done from the ease of being a home based buisness.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
People who complain when you worked so hard at perfecting listing.
Selling allows me to set my own schedule and to work middle of the night or at 6 am. The more I work the more I make so it's a nice reward for hard work.
Pros
Flexible, good work home balance, support boards are helpful
Cons
Dishonest people can ruin your reputation.
Recruiting gave me the runaround if it doesn't seem like they want to hire you, don't let them. They will chew you up and spit you out. During recruiting, I was told I couldn't work in the same room as another ebay employee (what's a call center though) then they offered me a undesirable shift take it or leave it. Training was fun, but inadequate. When I got to the call floor they cancelled my coaching until I did something wrong. Meanwhile I was left on an island to try and figure out my new job. Then they cancelled vital training because of call volume which lead to my service metrics suffering from then on. I was given 2 coachings (including the one mentioned) and one verbal warning before I was fired, but they dragged it out for 5 stressful days and sleepless nights. I would not recommend working for ebay.
Pros
Saved on gas, barely a living wage
Cons
Interview took months, Training took months and was inadequate, Team lead and coach never available, Leadership is lazy, Coworkers are lazy, Inconsistent policy, Lots of unanswered questions
I worked 5 years got my sabbatical and before you got the threshold they put you in a performance plan for aht and even though you weren't coached aggressively for this the other 4 years they won't let you take what you earned and fire you with no way to collect the sabbatical back.Loved the other managers and coaches before new CEO and executives got in and changed everything. Glint survey they do have to correct things.Stock optionsPaid Leave for spouse401kGreat pay was making 22.00 an hour. Customers can be mean you have to just keep tone and let them yell and vent. Validating and sympathizing and taking feedback to pass on.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Friendships, Paid Leave
Cons
Back to back calls, 50% good managers when it should be 100%, empty promises to employees
its a very good company I am sad I left. Great culture and job opportunities. Very Accommodating for mental illness and disabilities. There is a thing going on with favoritism but then again there is everywhere.
eBay Austin is the most toxic place I have ever worked. The benefits are great, but that is the only thing that kept me going until I could find LITERALLY anything else. The mangers play favorites and actively try to push out those they don’t like. There is no support offered. Ever. And when you do ask for help, management makes you feel inadequate. I was actively told on a near everyday basis that I was going to be fired when I maintained a very good scorecard. I was constantly pulled into meetings where I was told I was not good enough and when I would ask what I can do to do better, they LITERALLY told me I should be asking myself that question. I would come home from work and cry everyday. You are given breaks but frowned upon for using them. I was pregnant and once got a talking to for having to throw-up. I also got a talking to for having to owe frequently? If you’re needing some real real good health insurance but want to slowly lose your sense of self worth, this is the place for you. Masochists would thrive here.
Pros
Free snacks, health benefits, the co-workers are nice
Cons
Everything else, not joking, everything else is horrible, they never clean the bathrooms
You need to pay more attention to your job and your ability. In this company, the people are nice and hard work. You can join them easily and funny. But you need to work hard to get more chances to improve yourself.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Training- chaotic & inefficient. Management: unprofessional & cold. Resources were not kept up to date. No one on same page. Good Pay but not worth it
Pros
Hourly pay and benefits
Cons
literally everything else
Excellent work environment. I absolutely have nothing but positive experiences to write here. The people are friendly and management is approachable!!
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
I am grateful for eBay's work opportunities. My employer is also considerate and the best thing about it is I don't have to work 8 hours a day. We also have a great team. Thanks eBay and more power.
Pros
part time, weekly pay
Cons
healthcare, benefits
Everything I’ve experienced since starting my roll has proven that working for this company is worth it! eBay has amazing benefits, encourages donating and giving back to our communities, supports inclusion and diversity, and really takes into consideration their employees. The way everything is structured means you have constant support not only from your peers but your coaches and team leads as well. eBay really encourages development and learning in your role.
They change the schedule structure without informing the employees. They hired me hiding this info. They already knew about the changes. They will change your.schedule every 6 months.I was given tuesday and wednesday off plus they change my shift.to a night one just.because I was new. Basically they are the owners of your.time and can decide to change your.schedule without asking you.Management is really bad, they dont care.about their team only about themselves.I heard great things about the company in terms of how they value.employees. Unfortunately that has changed lately.
Pros
trainers are great
Cons
managment is a disaster
It’s a friendly work environment, managers do not try to micro manage. They have flexible schedules and feed us all the time. :) They treat employees nicely.
  1. Employee Reviews