Ebenezer Employee Reviews

Nurses not appreciated
LPN (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNAugust 17, 2018
Worked at the Burnsville (Ridges) Facility. Nurse on the TCU Unit. Management did not support the nursing staff. Poor or no training for new nurses and new staff. Stressful work environment, poor moral between co-workers. Short staffed Daily Nurses and NAR'S. Poor Nurse to patient ratio. Hardest part of the job was working in such a stressful environment, staff unhappy and not having support or feeling appreciated by the management.
Pros
pay
Cons
no support from management, no vacation, short staffed daily, high turnover
Management pockets millions while elders suffer
RN (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 14, 2018
I love working with seniors and giving them the best possible life in their later years. Yet I see how families struggle to pay the outrageous bills to keep them here. In the meantime, those of us who care for them make little more than minimum wage while the executive team at Ebenezer Management Services pockets millions. Most have two homes, on lakes, and we work 10-12 hour days just to feed our kids. I love what I do, but i disagree with the selfish nature of those who run the management company.
Pros
Working with seniors who show such appreciation for friendship
Cons
Not enough staff. Not enough pay. Zero oversight by nurse leaders.
Exceeds my expecations! Family and residents comes first and opportunities are always there!
Assisted LIving Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 15, 2017
I started out as a Care Attendant at a site. I worked all my way up to the corporate office moving from Lead CA, Resident Care Coordinator, Administrative Assistant and now to my current role as the AL Administrative Coordinator still with room to grow! I have no complaints about this company. The biggest quality that attracted me was that they truly care for their residents and value their employees. Ebenezer is filled with positive people and willing to work with you on anything that may arise. I have heard from many Directors 'family comes first." and they truly mean that. They are dedicated to their residents and their families. I would definitely recommend them to others! They are truly good people and are like a big family!
Dedicated Organization
Human Resources and Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 14, 2016
Working for Ebenezer is my first job out of college. Ebenezer is an exciting place to work, everyone is friendly and willing to help. I feel supported in my work, from the team at my facility all the way up to the corporate office. Ebenezer provides a great work/life balance and our team works hard to ensure that all employees feel that way. If you are looking to grow/transfer within a company, Ebenezer always has opportunities between our Care Centers, Assisted Livings, and Co-ops.
Pros
Growth Opportunities, Amazing Benefits, Encouraging Environment
Great Place to Work and Grow
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 13, 2016
I've only worked for Ebenezer for a short time, but I feel supported in my work, I get the work/life balance I desire and a chance to learn something new every day, Our team works hard to make our residents lives the best they can be - our goal every day as well as offer our employees the support that they need.
It is an organization that I am proud to be a part of and a job that I truly am excited to get to come to every day. Ebenezer is constantly growing too so there are many opportunities for professional growth.
Ebenezer values me.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  CorporateDecember 13, 2016
Ebenezer has treated me very well. They have provided personable and sequential training that has allowed me to master, or at least become very familiar with, one task before adding more responsibilities. With their support I have made important contributions to the team since day one. I appreciate that colleagues from a variety of corporate levels—from executives to line employees—have taken the time to make me feel welcome.
Pros
Teamwork to accomplish objectives
Not a good place to work
RNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Baxter, MNOctober 24, 2016
Management is horrible, you will never move up the totem pole. They will guarantee you so many hours when hired and you will not receive the hours garenteed. The aids are amazing though! The director cares more about money than employees and residents. She's a book nurse
A Good Place for Good People
HR Assistant (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 5, 2016
There is no better time to join than right now. With so much growth there will be plenty of opportunities for people who posses the right character and work ethic. Working in the HR department this summer, I know first hand that they will go to bat and take care of good employees. Even as a temp, before I start a permanent position this September, I've been treated with nothing but respect. It's been a great experience!
Pros
Growth & Opportunity, Great Culture, Great People
Most Genuine Organization out there
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 4, 2016
The most genuine organization I have ever been a part! From the top down the Senior Leadership team manages with morals and ethics that are hard to find these days. Support means support, not badgering and micromanaging. They are consistently asking and looking for ways to better support staff on all levels, through compensation, staffing patterns, career advancement, technology advancement, building structural challenges, etc. Best of all they follow through and execute with those suggestions!
There’s a reason why they are consistently voted as one of the Top Work Places year after year!
Caring for our Seniors, Caring for Each Other
Director (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 1, 2016
I've only worked for Ebenezer for 2 years, but it's the best company I've worked at so far in my career. I feel supported in my work, I get the work/life balance I desire, and my team works hard to make our residents lives the best they can be - our goal every day. Ebenezer has a great structure at the corporate office too, so that all departments feel supported and get the help they need when hard times come around. Ebenezer is constantly growing too! So if you want to grow/transfer, there's always opportunities out there! Ebenezer is a great place to build your future.
Pros
Growth Opportunities, Great Benefits, Caring Leadership
Ebenezer is a great place to grow!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 13, 2016
I have worked for Ebenezer over 20 years. I have had the opportunity to grow within the company, even in the 13 years I worked part time. This allowed me to focus professionally and personally, allowing me also focus on my small children. Ebenezer is a great company that really does focus on our values: dignity, integrity, service, compassion and innovation. We continue to strive to improve and enhance the care and services we provide to the thousands of seniors we serve each day. I would highly recommend Ebenezer as a place to work!
Pros
Resident-focused, Family-focused for employees, Growth personally and professionally
Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 11, 2016
I have worked here almost 9 years. Its a great place to work with flexibility and cultural diversity. I love being in a diverse community both with fellow employees and the resident population.

Ebenezer has excellent benefits and a lot of scholarship programs to help pay back student loans.

There is a lot of longevity which speaks to consistency of leadership and a focus on quality care.
Pros
Diverse welcoming place to work
Cons
Parking is a challenge
Ebenezer is a great place to learn and grow
Director of Marketing and Sales (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 8, 2016
I have worked in the senior housing and health care industry for nearly 25 years. Ebenezer is the first company that seems to value each staff member's unique strengths and provides opportunities for creativity and growth within the workplace. They always strive to promote within and provide lots of opportunities for learning. Customer service is the underlying foundation for everything they do- including providing a hospitable environment for it's staff members.
Pros
Opportunity for learning and advancement- trusting team environment
Not the best company
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJune 7, 2016
If your management it would be a great job, but if your lower on the totem pole it is a very frustrating job... higher ups don't care about the patients they care about the money... it is very heart aching, you have no support from management you will never progress in this organization
Impressive company!
Dementia Care Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 11, 2016
Ebenezer is a very impressive company. There are so many hardworking dedicated people everywhere I look. I feel inspired and supported every day. There is a sense that a real difference can be made out there in the world of health care. I have not been with Ebenezer a full year yet but I feel very much at home here.
A caring and supportive team
corporate chef (Current Employee) –  MPLS, MNDecember 23, 2015
Ebenezer has been one of the best companies I have worked for. The staff is a group of caring, professional and respectful people. I have found the management team to be supportive but also allow their staff freedom to be creative. I recommend Ebenezer to friends and family continually.
Pros
great benefits, good people
Cons
A great place to work and grow!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 16, 2015
I have worked at Ebenezer for over 13 years! In that time, I have grown personally and professionally. I started as a nursing assistant and worked hard to be promoted internally when opportunities presented themselves. Ebenezer is amazingly loyal and nurtures its employees to make them the best at what they do. I'm proud to call Ebenezer home and to get to work here every day and make a difference in the lives of so many.
Pros
opportunites for advancement internally, great professional environment, leaders in customer service
Cons
requires hard work
Want to grow? Want to learn? Ebenezer believes in their staff!
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNDecember 8, 2015
I've worked for Ebenezer for almost a year now and absolutely love it. They care about their employees and work hard to maintain and keep their staff. They truly invest in their staff members and that is something I really appreciate.

The corporate office is very engaging with all of their employees and that can be hard to find in many companies. They participate in late evening and weekend events and everyone truly pulls their weight on the team. I feel like my opinion matters and my ideas are taken into consideration. I feel like a valued employee.

If you are looking for a great company to work for, somewhere where you are valued, come work for Ebenezer! The benefits are awesome and well worth it!
Pros
Great place to work, room to grow within a company that values their employees.
Cons
no different that anyother long term facility
Hands on care and supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. louis Park, mnMay 24, 2015
I have not opinion at this time, due to constant short staffing which inhibits the quality of care, at a timely fashion. I have nothing more to add.
Pros
able to work independently
Cons
short staff a problem
Unorganized and rude
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 14, 2015
I had just made it through my orientation and on to the floor to train. I was treated rudely, watched as a nursing floor supervisor scolded a new dietary worker for asking a question. The way I was approached regarding my on-call availability made me think twice about whether or not I wanted to return. Day two I was asked to assist other staff members in areas I was not hired to work. When I asked where things were or how things should be done, I was yelled at by some, ignored by others and the rest treated me like I was an absolute idiot. I never return.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ebenezer. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about