Ebenezer Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Workplace very stressful, poor management
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 17, 2018
Management is very poor. Lots of favoritism, unrealistic expectations put on aides. Often having to work short due to staffing issues. Lots of drama between coworkers. While the residents are great and easy to get along with, the staff is not. Management does not listen when telling them about issues. Often has the wrong priorities in mind. Very hard to find time to take breaks, more responsibilities are being put on the aides. Often having to do dietary work too now. Which takes away from resident care. Would not recommend working here.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, understaffed
productive and fun
assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort washington, MDMarch 11, 2018
vacation bible school was a program for children to attend for one week out of the summer. during vacation bible school i was assigned to help get the little children around the church and to their next activity and it was fun.
rewarding career
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 26, 2018
I started at Ebenezer when I was 17 years old as a nursing assistant. I then went on to get my RN degree and worked in the FV system for 25+ years. (Fairview is affiliated with Ebenezer.) I came back to Ebenezer to bring my career full circle. Working in the health care field and specifically with the elderly population has been such a rewarding experience. Ebenezer is a large company that has many opportunities for anyone that wants to work hard and move up in the company. Very fair in wage and benefits. I love being listened to when I have ideas. A very collaborative company.
A great organization to work for!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  CommunityFebruary 21, 2018
I am very happy to be working at the Ebenezer organization. I feel that it is very functional and collaborative at both the community level as well as with the corporate office. I am supported in my community and have a good balance of work and life.
Warm and Inviting Environment that Promotes Growth & Advancement
Sales and Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 20, 2018
I know this is going to sound like a commercial but I’m being serious. People ask me all of the time if I really LOVE my job as much as I say I do and YES I really do. Here a just a few reasons why.

They value my family life and my personal time.
It feels like family, the organization is warm and inviting.
We’re part of Fairview and the benefits ROCK!
They encourage and support growth and learning opportunities so you can help add to the organization.
They promote and hire within for opportunities you want to explore.

Don’t worry about your degree and experience for certain positions, we want people with a good heart and passion for serving older adults. If you are a Nurse (need degree), Caregiver, Administrative, Concierge, Dining/Nutrition, Maintenance, Environmental Services, Custodial, Housekeeping, Sales/Marketing, Business Office or more – check it out!! You'll be happy you did :-)
Pros
Growth, Genuine Values, Benefits are GREAT, Promotions, Discounts, Free Education
Management not fair
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2018
They really just hire people to fire them! Other employees say people have quit because they try to work them to death. Me and another employee tried working as a team for a month and just got the job and they let us go a month later!
great place to work, recommend!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 3, 2018
I worked in the Dietary department at MLCC and loved it! everyone in dietary is great to work with, especially the supervisors. they are very flexible with students working on breaks/summer and the pay is very good compared to other companies. there's lots of opportunities to pick up shifts if you want more hours. even as a part time employee, you can accumulate paid time off. they offer tuition assistance for nursing students working 10+ hours a week too! the residents are very friendly and you get to know them well. i do think working as a NAR here may be a different experience... there were always a few NARs that I was unimpressed with. overall, i loved working here and would recommend, especially as an entry level job.
Pros
fair pay, great coworkers, variety of shifts, a raise every year
Cons
can be physically demanding, and bussing tables is never anyones favorite ;)
good team
Resident Assistant/ C.N.A. (Current Employee) –  Orono, MNFebruary 2, 2018
I worked with a great team of people. The schedule is challenging, but if you are a self starter and motivated to do the right thing, it is recognized here and you can succeed.
Poor management, Poor place to work
RA (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 20, 2017
The rooms and hallways are very filthy. Supervisor and nurses don't care about our comments about the clients when they need help. The managment retailiate, makeup lies on employee's so they can get fired. There is allot of favoritism at all times. Feces, urine, blood stain on carpet doesn't get changed out. There is mold throughout the facility. Nurses doesn't inform us right away if clients has any contagious disease. No nurses on duty on overnights and half of the PM shift. Family has complianed to RA's about the place and when RA's informed the information to management. The managment will tell us they will fix it and they never do. So we get fired for complaining at the job.
Cons
Don't work here
Fun place to work
Maintenance Lead (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 7, 2017
I love the people and co-workers, nice work environment and really fun place. We really believe on team work in order to get the job done in a right way.
Good to work for
Server (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNAugust 13, 2017
I work at a building in Little Canada that Ebenezer runs. I really like working here and being able to talk to the residents. Everyone there is great and so is the pay.
Hard job but amazing pay and people
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orono, MNJuly 12, 2017
Amazing cooks, and a very great shift manager. This was my first job, and working with the elders gave me a better view on life. The residents were very sweet and kind. The only problem was the breaks. I would work 6.5 hour shifts and wouldn't have time to take a break because there was a lot of tasks to finish.
work day
Care attendant (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MNJuly 11, 2017
the typical day of work was busy, loved the people i worked with. Management wasn't the best on the side i worked with do to scheduling issues and being denied leave when needed it the most.Hardest part was time management when you have everyone paging at the same time and time management is highly needed.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
scheduling
Buen ambiente de trabajo.
vendedor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaJune 1, 2017
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo y relajado. Y la paga muy buena.
Pros
Buena paga y ambiente laboral.
Cons
No hay salida para comer son corridas.
Good
Culinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMarch 28, 2017
Good Environment I feel it is a good place to work, good benefits and overall good positive attitude from fellow employees and upper management, Good to engage with the resident.
Good company
Chef (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 4, 2016
This has been a good company to work for over all, they allow for you to put in some of your own creative ideas as a culinary artist,I due feel as a person of many years of experience and dedication I provide to the day to day operation that the wages could be greater than they are.
Pros
4 Ten and a half hour days
Cons
no over time
Not run very well
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 28, 2016
No breaks because you're too busy, management doesn't care to help out at all when needed, expected to fill your own shifts even in emergencies and if you can't find anyone to cover them you will be given occurrences and then written up.
Growth Opportunities and a Wonderful Team!
Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 13, 2016
I began working for Ebenezer almost 6 years ago (wow!-- the time has flown!) as a Nursing Assistant at Ebenezer Ridges Care Center in Burnsville. I absolutely loved working hands on with the seniors and decided at that point that I wanted a career in senior care. Much like all healthcare jobs, the job itself was physically and emotionally demanding; however the rewarding feeling of helping someone was always there. Since then, I have held various positions within Ebenezer as they have helped me grow in my career. When I graduated college, I interned with Ebenezer, after that I took a position as a Campus Project Manager and now work as an HR Consultant at the Corporate Office. Ebenezer is a company that is not only devoted to providing quality senior care, but also helping their employees reach their career goals. The people that I work with are dedicated, passionate, and driven. Ebenezer is a company that is always looking to improve themselves and try new things. I feel valued as an employee and have felt supported throughout my career. I am proud to work for this organization!
A place to work and grow as a person and employee
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 8, 2016
Ebenezer is a fine organization. It has provided me with growth opportunities, challenge and a strong culture of support and fun. I enjoy being part of an organization that fosters teamwork and whose mission is to help older adults live the best life they can live in positive and comfortable surroundings.
Disappointed
Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Long Lake, MNJanuary 3, 2016
I believe this place has potential to become something amazing. However, the management isn't very friendly and they are not understanding of the care attendants. Some employees are not very good at working as a team and can be selfish. Management leaves concerns at the door and ignore them. They seem to pick favorites and I think that's not okay in the medical field. We all need to be treated equal. If they are an equal opportunity employer they need to start acting like it. I would recommend this place to families, but be cautious of management. Your loved ones would be well taken care of here.
Cons
You only get your 30 and the two fifteen breaks your supposed to get you never do, and people get upset when you do.