EBSCO Industries

EBSCO Industries Employee Reviews

United States124 reviews
Ebsco
Family company, good benefits, onsite cafeteria, bank, health e clinic. Profit sharing match up to 20%, 6yrs fully vested retirement plan. Laid back atmosphere.
Company headquarters were in Atlanta, Georgia sales and marketing company with office across Eastern US. Remote office, working totally from home, lots of flexibility
Was and acted like a family run business
The team was great fun for the work performed. The business was very diversified that kept things interesting. The business was run first class and the team had pride in their work.
Managment on all levels suck!
Managment was horrible. Machines are dated and unusable. If the machine wont Work you are to beat it with a hammer then if you cannot get it to function still you are written up! Nothing but drama and liars in managment.
Great benefits and company. Very low pay
EBSCO is a wonderful company to work for;however, the pay is just not sustainable on a long term basis. Benefits are generous and wonderful and affordable but benefits dont pay bills.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
a lot of potlucks
I think that there a lot of people that were thrived on drama and they paid relatively fairly not well and no more that they had to. There were various people with absolutely no position of authority that liked to pretend they had authority
EBSCO has changed in recent years, and not in a good way
The work environment at EBSCO used to be driven towards customer satisfaction and employee security, but in recent years has become a place that is driven by stockholder return and profit. Employees are promised cross training into new skills, and then are laid off en masse when business decisions are made to go in new directions.There is no longer any real job security in the long time.
Pros
benefits are very good
Cons
lack of job security, profit driven corporate mentality
Buddy Buddy Company
Too much buddy buddy company. Managers are to buddy buddy with employees. Never knew who was in charge. Liked my job it changed everyday. Everyday u never knew if u had a job
Do not go to work in the Sarasota office!!! Run Fast!
The Sarasota office is HORRIBLE!! The last year and a half have been a slaughter house! Run the other direction....Bad Leadership!!! There is a handful of arrogant sales people who run the show, make all the money, and no one is willing to stand up to them. The GM is a joke and other than the handful of sales people taking everything, no of the others of us can make anything and are treated badly.
Great people and great environment
As a former employee I loved working there. I started at the pool worked my way up to maintenance. My supervisor and manager we're all great very family-oriented. Would love to come back
Pros
Free luncheon monthly and great Christmas partys
Cons
Random drama between workers
Good Luck
Where do I begin ?
Requirements ? A warm body ! Turn overs is at such a high rate that they take whoever applies. So those who really try to give their best to the job seems like a slap in the face. That’s how desperate they can get. HR is a joke ! Mangers make up department rules day to day and depends on who you are. Have no problem looking you in the face and lying to you. Employees will clock in and then hide out for the day or just simply not care and do it in plain sight and knows nothing will be done as they collect a pay check. To them...life is good.

Is this who the family of EBSCO wants representing them ?

I think not !!
Required overtime, sweat shop.
Management is disconnected with the production employees. Many employees with attitudes. Production sweat shop atmosphere. Stress trickles down. Not good training. High expectations. Needs a union.
Pros
free stuff
Cons
worked like dogs
Ugggg
Better mangers would produce better workers . To many fav and not enough real workers . Wasn’t fair with people money we where always overworked hot and underpaid
Overall a fantastic place to work. The bad part for me was my department manager, who was manipulative, sneaky, and immature. Aside from that, EBSCO takes care of its employees and offers an amazing cafeteria, beautiful gym, and a nice work/life balance. Everyone is friendly and most are eager to learn and grow for the better.
Pros
Cafeteria, Gym, Good People
Cons
(Some) Department Managers
Not an equal opportunity employer
EBSCO is the highest paid job in the local town. Many tell me the work is stressful and fast paced. For a year and a half I've been trying to obtain work with this company and every attempt is disregarded. If you don't have a solid work history, you will not be considered at all.
Management is lazy
Not a great place to work. The pay is ok, but that is about it! Management is extremely biased towards any new employees, that maybe one reason they cannot keep employees! HR department as well as other departments don’t keep employee information confidential, they talk about employees info with whom ever they are friends with at work. The employee turnover rate is extremely high. Some of the older employees and management sabotage other employees leading to the employee being fired or quit. The benefits are not all that good. They allow new employees to be subject to being yelled at and talked about by employees who have been there longer, total disregard and disrespectful.
Pros
There are none
Cons
The whole job is a con
Productive Work Environment
A typical day begins at 6:30 a.m., I make sure the deposits are complete, create deposit reports from the previous day, and just get things ready for the day. I love everything about my job - from doing payroll to deposits or just being with my fellow employees.

The hardest part of my job is making sure the publishers are paid on time whether they are monthly, weekly, or bi-monthly paid publishers. It's a tedious process due to having to wait on others for reports in order to know what amount to pay each of them.

I mainly work on my own, I know my job and know it well. Unless something changes, or I need a manager to approve something, I really don't have contact with them on a day-to-day basis other than to say "Good Morning" or just catch up if something is going on.
Benefits
Cons
No Breaks
Basic factory job
Long hrs on feet. Inside factory environment. Steady hrs. Easy routine. Scattered management but good people and workers. Sick hrs dont add up quickly. Vacation hrs add up average.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short braeks. Alot of walking and standing
Great company great perks great hours good benefits just show up for work and your off weekends great people that your working with team work driven and easy to get along with
Good Luck
Don’t waste your time with EBSCO Industries here at Alys beach. This company is not what it use to be. Most Alys beach employees are underpaid and overworked. High turnover with employees. Poor management is a big problem behind the scenes at EBSCO/Alys
Pros
Beautiful place to work
Cons
Poor management in many departments
Don’t ever work here as a manager
Once the season is over at Alys beach, the upper management / directors will find a reason to get rid of any salaried managers. I’ve seen several great managers get let go after the season slows down for completely fabricated reasons. The HR department is completely useless and practices zero confidentiality. The upper tier leadership is unethical and weak. I regret ever setting foot on that property and working as hard as I did for those awful people.
Pros
Cons
See above
Ask a question about working or interviewing at EBSCO Industries. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at EBSCO Industries.