EBSCO Industries Employee Reviews

Don’t ever work here as a manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alys Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Once the season is over at Alys beach, the upper management / directors will find a reason to get rid of any salaried managers. I’ve seen several great managers get let go after the season slows down for completely fabricated reasons. The HR department is completely useless and practices zero confidentiality. The upper tier leadership is unethical and weak. I regret ever setting foot on that property and working as hard as I did for those awful people.
Pros
Cons
See above
tree top cafe in the building
Administrative Services (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 9, 2019
Shipping and Receiving mail carrier and the workplace is some what friendly the hardest part of my job having to work in the cold and heat. I don't have a part I enjoy about my job.
Pros
Cons
low pay no raise
Productive and fun
Medical Indexing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 8, 2018
Medical Indexing Specialist job at Ebsco was more production oriented. I was responsible for indexing medical, nursing, allied health, nutritional and alternative/complementary health journals. I was doing at least 48 articles a day when I left. Overall it was great to work for Ebsco. I enjoyed my job there. I also helped my fellow workers, whenever they needed. Learned some new skills there....work culture and ethics were great.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stressful
Low Pay/Branch Management Mediocracy
Order Processor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 10, 2018
High expectations with sub-par pay and inept Operations Manager. Quick to blame/reprimand employees before researching issues which ended up being system errors then showed zero professionalism by righting any misdirection of blame.
Pros
none come to mind
Cons
Low pay, high expectations and sub-par management
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 24, 2018
The company offers great benefits to employees. There are awesome amenities on campus like the health clinic, gym and cafeteria. Healthy work/life balance.
Just a Job
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2018
I worked here my last semester of college and during the summer before I moved and attended law school. The work was fairly mind-numbing and the pay was good for a college student. I enjoyed the people I worked with (one of them was a former roommate) and the after-hours camaraderie and ability to set your own schedule more than made up for an tediousness.
Pros
Flexibility
Ugh
TSR (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 12, 2018
You were part-time only and were only allowed to work up to 39.5 Hours per week. No more. They needed at least 8 people per day to stay until 5pm however only 5 people were full-time.
EBSCO Industries started out as a Magazine Subscription Service
PAYMENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 6, 2018
I do my job to the best of my ability. EBSCO started out as a Magazine Subscription Service. Now it has Real Estate, and etc.The name EBSCO comes from the founder Elton B Stevens Company
Work Driven
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 29, 2018
Not a good work life balance, pay is low but the benefits are good if you can afford to have them. Overtime is mandatory for production employees including weekends. There is a strict attendance policy where points are assessed and can result in being fired.
Fast paced office
Accounts Receivables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 20, 2018
EBSCO was not a bad place to work. I was trained on the job and learned a lot by working there. I would love to work at EBSCO again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Supervisor
Overall good place to work...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 6, 2018
A typical day consisted of answering incoming calls and emails from customer and resolving issues. While management wasn't the best, the coworkers and environment made up for it.
good management
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2018
Great company , great people & tommy is a great guy as well as mike . a lot of new things to learn & you have to be willing to put in the hard work . Learn more about your clients , success is here . Great pay .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
I enjoyed the challenge.
Customer Service Publisher Operations (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 2, 2018
I really enjoyed the challenge of learning new things. The staff and management were great to work with. The campus is beautiful and there is an onsite cafeteria.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria
Cons
Lack of training
Awesome Place!
Publisher Support (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 20, 2018
This is a beautiful job setting, with environmentally friendly construction and landscaping.
The people are so friendly and helpful.
My job is interesting and challenging.
Leadership and management are to be commended.
Excellent facility with in-house health clinic, gym, and cafeteria.
No comment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 2, 2018
Very poorly operated. Discriminated against new mothers/single mothers. You are just a number and have no job security. I would not recommend this company to anyone looking for a job
This particular location isn’t great
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 25, 2018
The environment for anyone in the purchasing/supply chain group is stressful. The management is extremely poor and not to mention rude. The attendance policy used to be great, they offered flex time but now they have rid the office of that and there is a very strict point system if you don’t have days covered, so employee morale went down dramatically. Very sales oriented place as well. If you aren’t in sales, you won’t get to reap any of the ‘office benefits’ such as commission when making a large sale. It’s a casual place to work dress code wise, however, which is nice.
Pros
Food truck sometimes, free lunches when someone retires or leaves, employee sales
Cons
Constantly watched, management
Depends on Your Division
Divisional Financial Director (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 18, 2018
Depending on your division, your work experience at EBSCO can be very different. My division was a great place to work until senior management decided to sell the assets. Unfortunately, they were not honest with employees so the sell off became very painful as people never knew when they would told their last day.
Ebsco
Database Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 16, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of stand up, coding, e-mail, ect. I learned about audiobooks, SQL Server 2016, and the reporting applications for the DRS team. I also learned a lot about Amazon. I worked with some nice people there, but others were not so nice. There were some shady business practices going on. Somebody used my personal amazon account to fund their research. I was apalled.
Hateful Managers
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 28, 2018
Two of the managers that I had were extremely hateful. They also allowed "favorite employees" to sleep at their desk while clocked in while us others had to take in all the work.
Easy schedule with school
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAJanuary 30, 2018
This job was great with my school schedule as well as my weekend job. Calling isn't fun, but the commission system was great for anyone willing to put in effort.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EBSCO Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at EBSCO Industries.

Powered by Comparably