EBSCO Industries Employee Reviews

Low Pay/Branch Management Mediocracy
Order Processor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 10, 2018
High expectations with sub-par pay and inept Operations Manager. Quick to blame/reprimand employees before researching issues which ended up being system errors then showed zero professionalism by righting any misdirection of blame.
Pros
none come to mind
Cons
Low pay, high expectations and sub-par management
Ugh
TSR (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 12, 2018
You were part-time only and were only allowed to work up to 39.5 Hours per week. No more. They needed at least 8 people per day to stay until 5pm however only 5 people were full-time.
EBSCO Industries started out as a Magazine Subscription Service
PAYMENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 6, 2018
I do my job to the best of my ability. EBSCO started out as a Magazine Subscription Service. Now it has Real Estate, and etc.The name EBSCO comes from the founder Elton B Stevens Company
Fast paced office
Accounts Receivables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 20, 2018
EBSCO was not a bad place to work. I was trained on the job and learned a lot by working there. I would love to work at EBSCO again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Supervisor
Overall good place to work...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 6, 2018
A typical day consisted of answering incoming calls and emails from customer and resolving issues. While management wasn't the best, the coworkers and environment made up for it.
good management
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2018
Great company , great people & tommy is a great guy as well as mike . a lot of new things to learn & you have to be willing to put in the hard work . Learn more about your clients , success is here . Great pay .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
I enjoyed the challenge.
Customer Service Publisher Operations (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 2, 2018
I really enjoyed the challenge of learning new things. The staff and management were great to work with. The campus is beautiful and there is an onsite cafeteria.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria
Cons
Lack of training
Awesome Place!
Publisher Support (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 20, 2018
This is a beautiful job setting, with environmentally friendly construction and landscaping.
The people are so friendly and helpful.
My job is interesting and challenging.
Leadership and management are to be commended.
Excellent facility with in-house health clinic, gym, and cafeteria.
No comment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 2, 2018
Very poorly operated. Discriminated against new mothers/single mothers. You are just a number and have no job security. I would not recommend this company to anyone looking for a job
This particular location isn’t great
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 25, 2018
The environment for anyone in the purchasing/supply chain group is stressful. The management is extremely poor and not to mention rude. The attendance policy used to be great, they offered flex time but now they have rid the office of that and there is a very strict point system if you don’t have days covered, so employee morale went down dramatically. Very sales oriented place as well. If you aren’t in sales, you won’t get to reap any of the ‘office benefits’ such as commission when making a large sale. It’s a casual place to work dress code wise, however, which is nice.
Pros
Food truck sometimes, free lunches when someone retires or leaves, employee sales
Cons
Constantly watched, management
Depends on Your Division
Divisional Financial Director (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 18, 2018
Depending on your division, your work experience at EBSCO can be very different. My division was a great place to work until senior management decided to sell the assets. Unfortunately, they were not honest with employees so the sell off became very painful as people never knew when they would told their last day.
Ebsco
Database Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 16, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of stand up, coding, e-mail, ect. I learned about audiobooks, SQL Server 2016, and the reporting applications for the DRS team. I also learned a lot about Amazon. I worked with some nice people there, but others were not so nice. There were some shady business practices going on. Somebody used my personal amazon account to fund their research. I was apalled.
Hateful Managers
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 28, 2018
Two of the managers that I had were extremely hateful. They also allowed "favorite employees" to sleep at their desk while clocked in while us others had to take in all the work.
Easy schedule with school
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GAJanuary 30, 2018
This job was great with my school schedule as well as my weekend job. Calling isn't fun, but the commission system was great for anyone willing to put in effort.
Summary
SAP BW/BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 23, 2018
Give us your opinion about
.a typical day at work
. what you learned
.management
.workplace culture
.the hardest part of the job
.the most enjoyable part of the job.
solid company, mediocre pay, good benefits
Vice President, General Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 19, 2018
EBSCO is a well established, family owned business in the process of transition from 2nd generation to 3rd generation leadership.Many of their recent and upcoming decisions are largely based on re-positioning assets to potentially higher areas of return on investment.
Pros
family owned, stable
Cons
leadership transition, some consolidation
Don't work for GVM
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 21, 2017
GVM seemed like a great company under the previous President. They had social gatherings for employees and people seemed to genuinely care for one another. After she, the previous president, was let go everything became competitive and people started ducking their heads to keep their jobs. The benefits are great but the environment for me became hostile. The management above me made it impossible for me to perform my job efficiently. I was yelled at and had paper and pens snatched out of my hand from management. I started off being allowed to work with sales and attended meetings. After the shift in power, and calling them out on some underhanded behavior, that became a thing of the past. Needless to say, there were some AMAZING and creative people working there but most either left or were fired. 16 employees were either fired or left on their own within 6-7 months. I'm glad I don't work there anymore.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Poor Management with no sense of accountability
Amazing Company and Great Benefits
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 17, 2017
Amazing company, great benefits. A family company and a generally relaxed atmosphere. Many additional benefits including onsite clinic, gym and café open for breakfast and lunch.
Scum management
NA (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 7, 2017
I truly regret working for this company. I was personally lowballed on salary to begin with, but had decided to overlook that when considering all benefits offered. This company does not pay the national average.

Overall, management is poor, and they will lay off employees on a moments notice. VP’s refuse to take responsibilty. Culture promotes sexism and age-ism. There is a disconnect somewhere in this company, and if they don’t improve they will continue to go downhill.
Pros
Cons
High turnover, poor management
Good company to work for
Vice President / General Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure with EBSCO. It's a good company to work for.Unfortunately my division is in a dying industry centered around print advertising. Our revenue are declining annually.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Dying industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EBSCO Industries. Our community is ready to answer.