EBSCO Information Services Employee Reviews

Know What You're Getting Into
Book Processor (Former Employee) –  Contoocook, NHAugust 6, 2018
This seems like a really great job when you start, and it's not the work itself that's the problem, that's actually easy and pretty straightforward. The problems start when you have to meet a productivity level while making very few errors to remain employed. I have seen MULTIPLE people get fired that show up every day and work hard because of this. They will also tell you when you are hired that you may rarely have to work in the warehouse and pick books, this isn't a rarity, you'll do it at least once a week unless you have a doctor's note. They also have a busy season, usually around the holidays, where they require a lot of mandatory overtime and in the summer they have hardly any work at all and offer lack of work at least once a week. There is really nowhere to go from this position either unless you have a degree and are willing to move to a different department.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Co-workers, Benefits
Cons
Hours, Management, Limited Upward Mobility Potential
Great Co-Workers
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MAJuly 11, 2018
My co-workers are truly my friends and I love the environment we have created for ourselves. Management unfortunately do not participate in the culture and instead hinder your experience.
Productive and a fun environment
Sr Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MAJune 26, 2018
I had a great overall experience at EBSCO. Very good team dynamic, flexible schedules and strong management style.

The company has events to help solidify the work/life balance.
Not for Millennials
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAJune 5, 2018
EBSCO needs to come to the 21st century and do more for their employees. They will not be able to retain younger generations without change. No work-life balance, overall poor culture
scaled agile limits product design and quality
Software Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAApril 19, 2018
the vastly knowledgeable managers have been replaced by a half dozen administrators that have no idea what the engineering groups do and many design features have been scaled back to meet contrived deadlines.
College Content Update Researcher (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAApril 6, 2018
I worked as a contracted employee who put data about various colleges into an excel spreadsheet. They were flexible with hours and I worked at home. It was a great experience.
A good place to gain work experience early in your career.
TECHNICAL COORDINATOR FOR IMAGE PROCESSING (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAApril 3, 2018
My job at EBSCO Publishing was where I gained all of my essential work experience after college. It is a friendly work environment, and there is a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits, and fun summer beach parties every year.
Cons
42 minute lunch break.
I had a great job that I enjoyed immensely.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Company always appreciated my contribution and I was promoted a couple of times.
I was invited in conferences to present and give my thoughts on new products and systems before they were rolled out
Company grew considerably over the years which reflected on me in a very positive way
Pros
Company took care of employees, very good benefits
Cons
Could have hired higher level of CSRs if higher pay was an option
Independent Work Environment
Editorial Intern (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAJanuary 22, 2018
I learned a lot in my internship and got to work with several people throughout the department. I was not just a get-coffee kind of intern, but actually felt like an important piece of the department.
Pros
Free food, friendly work environment
Cons
very quiet
Each day presented new challenges and opportunities to learn and support co-workers
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 22, 2017
EBSCO is long standing, family owned company, with unique business systems. Through the years, I was provided a number of different opportunities and challenges which I enjoyed and excelled in. The company has experienced a number of management changes in recent years, which resulted in significant changes to the business structure and elimination of positions.
Pros
Fair pay, good benefits, stability, convenience and, until recent management changes, employees were treated with respect, as a team player, and their experience was valued.
Cons
Many managemennt changes in recent years. Multiple of layoffs over the past few years.
Good company undergoing some change
Director (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MANovember 9, 2017
Trying to turn a leaf and hiring new talent. Historically a breeding ground for mediocrity, EBSCO is beginning to change its tune.

Nice people, and a supportive culture for growth.

Some boy-club mentality is beginning to shift as well.
Account Executive
Academic Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MAOctober 25, 2017
This is a great job. The culture is very welcoming and the work life balance is great. The real downside is that they don't pay as well as some of the other tech companies in the area and there is no real room for growth.
Growing company undergoing many changes
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAOctober 11, 2017
Many capable, talented people; good culture of continuous improvement. A relaxed atmosphere belies an intense pace. They set very aggressive goals, then push hard to meet or exceed them. The best part of the job was interacting with and learning from my coworkers. Hardest part of the job was enduring the massive workflow re-organizations that occurred over the last few years.
Pros
Company growth is strong
Cons
Re-orgs are unexpected and drastic
Temp Job
ORDER ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MASeptember 26, 2017
Started out at reception and then was moved to other departments. A lot of animosity and poor training. Enjoyed working with clients. Found lots of problems with work that person I took over for hadn't done and they didn't seem to get excited about finding checks for $30,000. that needed to be deposited in the past month and never done.
Aggresive sales company
Sr. Academic Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAApril 11, 2017
Good company to work for.
Work hard, get paid well.
Innovative and forward thinking.
Much travel and undying dedication required.
Once had amazing award trips, but those have gone the way of "pay for it yourself, we'll book the trip".
Great company
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAApril 10, 2017
Worked in several different aspects of accounting including purchasing, payables, inventory and reporting. Worked closely with Vice-Presdient. Very challenging environment.
Pros
Great company
Cons
travel
Low pay for sales staff
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MAMarch 6, 2017
The commission structure for sales staff is poor. Only paid on growth, so one big loss can ruin your year. Library budgets are volatile and come cuts are unavoidable, so the fact that you are only paid on new business after taking into account cuts is pretty bad. It also takes forever to get paid. Base salary is very low. Too much emphasis on call numbers, etc. You feel like you have a constant babysitter. Any professional should be able to plan their strategy without someone looking over their shoulder at their number of calls. Great for entry level sales but if you have experience you should look at a company with a more mature compensation plan.
Pros
Cafeteria, gym
Cons
Compensation, managers with no managerial experience
EBSCO is a fast growing company, good for anyone starting in sales
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MAFebruary 22, 2017
I would rather not review.

EBSCO is great for beginners, not many chances to move up. Great benefits like the gym are a plus.Pay is not great.
Pros
gym
Cons
time off, management, pay
Nice work environment - Team leads not sufficient
A/R REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 14, 2017
The overall work environment was busy and could be very hectic. Team leads were overworked and not very friendly, esp. to new employees that were just out of training.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
Poor team lead leadership
Excellent organization
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2016
An impressive company from top to bottom and everyone along to spectrum is committed to supplying superior database tools for education.
Pros
Great account bases
Cons
Weak boundaries for sales teams at time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EBSCO Information Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight