EBSCO Information Services Employee Reviews

College Content Update Researcher (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAApril 6, 2018
I worked as a contracted employee who put data about various colleges into an excel spreadsheet. They were flexible with hours and I worked at home. It was a great experience.
A good place to gain work experience early in your career.
TECHNICAL COORDINATOR FOR IMAGE PROCESSING (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAApril 3, 2018
My job at EBSCO Publishing was where I gained all of my essential work experience after college. It is a friendly work environment, and there is a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Good benefits, and fun summer beach parties every year.
Cons
42 minute lunch break.
I had a great job that I enjoyed immensely.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Company always appreciated my contribution and I was promoted a couple of times.
I was invited in conferences to present and give my thoughts on new products and systems before they were rolled out
Company grew considerably over the years which reflected on me in a very positive way
Pros
Company took care of employees, very good benefits
Cons
Could have hired higher level of CSRs if higher pay was an option
Independent Work Environment
Editorial Intern (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAJanuary 22, 2018
I learned a lot in my internship and got to work with several people throughout the department. I was not just a get-coffee kind of intern, but actually felt like an important piece of the department.
Pros
Free food, friendly work environment
Cons
very quiet
Each day presented new challenges and opportunities to learn and support co-workers
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 22, 2017
EBSCO is long standing, family owned company, with unique business systems. Through the years, I was provided a number of different opportunities and challenges which I enjoyed and excelled in. The company has experienced a number of management changes in recent years, which resulted in significant changes to the business structure and elimination of positions.
Pros
Fair pay, good benefits, stability, convenience and, until recent management changes, employees were treated with respect, as a team player, and their experience was valued.
Cons
Many managemennt changes in recent years. Multiple of layoffs over the past few years.
Good company undergoing some change
Director (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MANovember 9, 2017
Trying to turn a leaf and hiring new talent. Historically a breeding ground for mediocrity, EBSCO is beginning to change its tune.

Nice people, and a supportive culture for growth.

Some boy-club mentality is beginning to shift as well.
Account Executive
Academic Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MAOctober 25, 2017
This is a great job. The culture is very welcoming and the work life balance is great. The real downside is that they don't pay as well as some of the other tech companies in the area and there is no real room for growth.
Growing company undergoing many changes
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAOctober 11, 2017
Many capable, talented people; good culture of continuous improvement. A relaxed atmosphere belies an intense pace. They set very aggressive goals, then push hard to meet or exceed them. The best part of the job was interacting with and learning from my coworkers. Hardest part of the job was enduring the massive workflow re-organizations that occurred over the last few years.
Pros
Company growth is strong
Cons
Re-orgs are unexpected and drastic
Temp Job
ORDER ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MASeptember 26, 2017
Started out at reception and then was moved to other departments. A lot of animosity and poor training. Enjoyed working with clients. Found lots of problems with work that person I took over for hadn't done and they didn't seem to get excited about finding checks for $30,000. that needed to be deposited in the past month and never done.
Aggresive sales company
Sr. Academic Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAApril 11, 2017
Good company to work for.
Work hard, get paid well.
Innovative and forward thinking.
Much travel and undying dedication required.
Once had amazing award trips, but those have gone the way of "pay for it yourself, we'll book the trip".
Great company
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAApril 10, 2017
Worked in several different aspects of accounting including purchasing, payables, inventory and reporting. Worked closely with Vice-Presdient. Very challenging environment.
Pros
Great company
Cons
travel
Low pay for sales staff
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MAMarch 6, 2017
The commission structure for sales staff is poor. Only paid on growth, so one big loss can ruin your year. Library budgets are volatile and come cuts are unavoidable, so the fact that you are only paid on new business after taking into account cuts is pretty bad. It also takes forever to get paid. Base salary is very low. Too much emphasis on call numbers, etc. You feel like you have a constant babysitter. Any professional should be able to plan their strategy without someone looking over their shoulder at their number of calls. Great for entry level sales but if you have experience you should look at a company with a more mature compensation plan.
Pros
Cafeteria, gym
Cons
Compensation, managers with no managerial experience
EBSCO is a fast growing company, good for anyone starting in sales
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MAFebruary 22, 2017
I would rather not review.

EBSCO is great for beginners, not many chances to move up. Great benefits like the gym are a plus.Pay is not great.
Pros
gym
Cons
time off, management, pay
Nice work environment - Team leads not sufficient
A/R REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 14, 2017
The overall work environment was busy and could be very hectic. Team leads were overworked and not very friendly, esp. to new employees that were just out of training.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
Poor team lead leadership
Excellent organization
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2016
An impressive company from top to bottom and everyone along to spectrum is committed to supplying superior database tools for education.
Pros
Great account bases
Cons
Weak boundaries for sales teams at time
Sweat shop with college educated employees
Book Shelver (Former Employee) –  Contoocook, NHAugust 11, 2016
You are evaluated based on the time it takes to complete a mundane, repetitive task. Fair enough but you have to sign in and out of each task using a convoluted multi-step formula. If you fail to follow the multi-step procedure, your "productivity report" is wrong. You have to use a different multi-step procedure to sign in and out for your 30 minute lunch. If you do not exactly complete the procedure, the "clock" is still running while you are at lunch.
Never saw management, only floor supervisors on a power trip reminding you about your "numbers".
Co-workers were great and helpful, however, if the pit boss saw you asking a co-worker for help, you were told no socializing during work.
Pros
Co-workers and the end of your shift
Cons
Pay, lack of benefits, the floor supervisor and the beginning of shift
Great team
Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 27, 2016
True professionalism! So refreshing to work with such a great group of people. We work hard but the flexibility and communication is fair and proactive.
Great Company to work for!
Account Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Mt Laurel birmingham alJune 7, 2016
As an accounts receivable rep it was my job to collect on outstanding invoices. At last quarter my days in arrears was at 29 days. I worked closely with other team members as wells as customer service to meet the needs and requirements of customers. All employees are professional and well trained. Management is supportive.

Reps are accountable for collection efforts and reports are created to highlight accounts requiring attention.

The most challenging facet of this position was to balance the sales orientated side of business with the accounting side that requires payment for services.

To resolve issues for the customer, to receive payments due to collection efforts are both very rewarding.
Pros
I enjoy seeing a task to resolution, problem solving and success!
Cons
Often accounting is the only department that values accounting.
Good company north of Boston
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MAMarch 29, 2016
A company of 1,000+ onsite that is adopting lean principles to become a more agile organization and improve their technology capabilities in order to further continue growth. Mostly hardworking staff in a fast moving environment.
Pros
Subsidized cafe onsite; good health benefits
Great place to work.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, MAMarch 21, 2016
Friendly folks located in Ipswich, MA, near the ocean.
Free gym and company supported cafeteria.
Campus is located on Ipswich river, within the quaint New England town of Ipswich.
Beautiful downtown with shops and restaurants with reasonable prices.
MBTA train stop right next to EBSCO Publishing campus.
Plenty of company parking available including a garage.
Pros
Free gym.
Cons
Transitioning from small/middle sized company to middle sized/large company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EBSCO Information Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight