ECCO Employee Reviews

one day of my work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco premium outletApril 13, 2019
cleaning, tiding, and refill merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a sale, I learned how to talk and persuade customers. I also like to talk to my friend during lunch break.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
low hourly pay
Positive Environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 4, 2019
Friendly environment helping customers with any assistance they needed. Providing customers with information about the product and how its unique compared to other leather shoe brands.
the people that i worked with made the day fun.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 8, 2019
over all i think ecco is a great place to work at and the environment was great. it is just not a career job unless you are looking to go into sales or upper management which is not easy to get to.
Easy
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORJanuary 27, 2019
Not a bad place to start your retail experience with. Slow paced with great customers and even better training. If you're thinking about trying our retail as a career and want to start out slow, ECCO is the best option. Not to mention the shoes perks are worth it.
Pros
Discounts, shoes, and bonus.
Cons
Slow paced
Horrible management
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 25, 2019
Horrible district sales manager! Never helped other leaders find staff and would refuse to interview people as well. I don't recommend them because there is no room for advancement!
Ecco
Operational Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLDecember 16, 2018
Is a great place to work with a great work environment. Will learn important aspects of retail and customer service.I just recently graduated and need a new career job.
The best part of this job were the employees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  CADecember 4, 2018
When I first started with the company years ago there were so many opportunities and DM's who really cared about the advancement of those who were looking for growth. Within the last year I'd say that has changed drastically. After years of dedication and hard work, and meeting company standards, the company seems to still look outside for opportunities for advancement. Instead of promoting from within.
Pros
The customers and co-workers
Cons
Short breaks/ high turnover in management/ work/life balance
great co
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 3, 2018
very good company to work for. i was crossed trained in a variety of positions. i was able to supervise some work, work on my own and and they provided a good learning environment.
Temp Position
Zone Processor, (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHOctober 13, 2018
Been at Ecco as a temp now for 17 months. Work thru Leddy Group who is a temp agency. Expected to become permanent in a few month. Doesn't look like happening. Hired one temp as permanent in time I have been there
Pros
Good people, enjoy the work.
Cons
Still a temp, no benifits
medium-paced workplace, friendly
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 10, 2018
I was a brand ambassador! Ecco is an European shoe store for male and female. We had it sectioned off; dressy, sporty, golf, casual, ect. Most of the customers that came in knew what kind of shoe they were looking for so I would take them to the area and tell them about the shoes, and pull the shoe box out, and my goal was to try to get them to put on two shoes and take a walk around to get a good feel of our shoe. Once, the person would purchase we would mention our shoe product and try to get them to buy the shoe care. Each day and week, we had a sales goal that we had to try to reach to make sure we bonus by the end of the year. I also helped with cleaning and maintaining the store. Also, when shipment arrived, I was able to separate it and put it away on the sales floor or in the stock room.
Pros
We could leave on our lunches
Cons
No pay while I was off for 6 weeks when I had my baby in 2014
Talented chef with strong management team
MAITRED /SERVER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2018
It was fun. I was a server and a host at the time, but wine had meetings pre shift. They are only open for dinner. Staff was very knowledgeable. Big restaurant that believed in promoting within. strong kitchen staff
Excellent Company
Direct to Consumer Retail Business Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJune 14, 2018
Friendly and polite atmosphere allows workers to complete tasks on schedule and on-time. This was the best company culture I've ever had the experience to work for. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
People!
Cons
pay is slightly under average for critical positions
ecco
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Republic dominicanJune 10, 2018
ecco is a good company, mostly for Haitian, it's only one of the call center company witch hire, people easier, they give you, opportunity, for getting access to your own money but some people over there, they don't respect, each other, even the agent, for one of the reason when did they fire me I did not regret, work is work, not a kindergarten class
Wasn’t the best company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2018
They had a hard time getting past them
Self. The rented a space from
They’re number one seller who would use that against them. He would under sell them at anytime
Continuous work at a comfortable pace. Been a temp 4 years.
Stocker pallet jack (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHMay 7, 2018
Company is fun and comfortable they always try to make the best of things, co workers are great and job is pretty simple. Pay rate just isn’t cutting it after 3 years of being there as a tem while they are bringing new people on making the same amount as me due to the fact I do much more work. Other then that love the company they are laid back and everybody is always so supportive.
Pros
Comfortable work place
Cons
No benefits
Manager is very inappropriate
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 6, 2018
Management is very inappropriate, which makes employees think behaviors like that are ok which leads to a very unhealthy work place i would say its like being back in high school working there
Pros
Discounts n sales just for employees
Cons
Very childish environment
Great Management, fun work environment
Part Time Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 25, 2018
I really enjoyed my work experience as a key holder in ECCO. Although it may be busy at times, it was a great way to improve interpersonal skills. Management was really helpful and taught me everything I needed to succeed in the ECCO work environment.
excelent training was provided
RN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 10, 2018
I enjoyed the few months that I worked for TEVA through the ECCO agency. It was TEVA's decision to let me go after the first six months without any explanation.
Pros
NIce facility with a good working atmosphere.
Cons
ECCO was unable to place me in another position.
Great work place
Wholesale Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJanuary 31, 2018
ECCO is a wonderful company to work for, they are very open to help train their employees, they have wonderful benefits and they are very family oriented.
Quick paced work environment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJanuary 10, 2018
Ecco Shoes was a great place to work. It is very fast paced. You have to be accurate about picking and packing the shoes. I learned how to use a pda scanner. The hardest part of the job is finding missing shoes and getting them out quickly. The most enjoyable part was being able to listen to music and go at your own pace. Management left you alone unless you messed up on an order or missed something. They were fast about finding missing shoes and making sure that you had everything you needed for that day.
Pros
Got to listen to music
Cons
Missing shoes