Echo Global Logistics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Work at Echo
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 17, 2018
The Sacramento office was a fun place to work at unfortunately the company is lacking in customer and employee relations. There is a huge disconnect between upper management and and sales representatives. Micro management is also an issue that is on the rise with this company causing distrust within the company.
Comfortable Workplace
Collections / Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2018
The work life balance is good in my position. No perks, but management tries to be accommodating. Very little room for advancement if you aren't interested in management. It is a sales culture where the dollar trumps everything. I wish the company cared about their customers more.
Pros
Coffee, Dress Code
Cons
No advancement
The mangers select their favorites and hand them accounts
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 17, 2018
The culture at corporate seems fine but within the branches, the branch mangers are given way too much power of who gets what accounts. They just assign to who they prefer in their eyes versus who deserves it. It should not be up to just one person to assign accounts.
Great
Client Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
fun to work there. I enjoyed everything about this company. Employees were like family. Management treated you very fairly. Holidays were nice.A great place to start a career.
fun work place
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 21, 2018
I loved this place, plus beer fridays. Nobody over looking to check your work. Plus, I like the schedule, and great get together after work, good benefits.
Carrier Sales
Carrier Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2018
One must be competitive to be good at this job. Echo provides all the tools to have a successful career in the industry, BUT MUST BE COMPETITIVE! Hard industry for most but if you are good at it Echo is a great company
Pros
great company
Cons
industry is tough
Management is a fraternity
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2018
If you don’t build yourself up in the fraternity of echo, you’re almost set up for failure. Managers are immature and Human Resources won’t discipline them because everyone is sleeping together. It’s not what I expected at all. Really disappointed by the lack of leadership.
Good start
IT Dept (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2018
OK for getting your foot in the industry door but not for long term career planning unless you are one of the elite few, an inner circle that is difficult to break into.
Pros
Provides snacks, sometimes lunch, drinks on Fridays
Cons
Revolving door management team, cliques, lower than average pay
Hard place to grow
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2018
Lots of calls.
Hard to grow.
Bad management
They would not pay commission in full on time.

Good started job out of college but would not do it longer than 2 years.
Doesn't care about their employees
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2018
Work environment was cut-throat. Was not motivated due to poor salary. I took the job knowing that I didn't want to stay there for long. That was confirmed after my first day on the job.
Pros
Made friends while working there
Cons
Salary
Sales Rep in Sacramento, CA office
Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 18, 2018
Strictly an entry level position. Grind all day on the phones, get your "hourly" check when a salary was initially promised. Managers aren't there to support. If you aren't part of the "party people" you don't exist. Business trips and office parties with spouses excluded - unless you're sleeping with someone in the company then built in benefits. Overall a really bad example of what working for a 3PL is. Corp should plan a surprise visit to see what's really happening here.
Pros
Quitting time - leaving the dirty culture to go home to my normal life
Cons
Managers - from the top down
Fun work environment
Client Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 18, 2018
Job requirements exceeded job workload, compensation plan wasn’t as clear as it sounded before taking the job. Ended up managing more accounts than I could handle to where I couldn’t find time to bring on new business accounts due to my current workload. Also very high turnover rate made the job more difficult.
Pros
Work events
Cons
Compensation plan
Great employees, mediocre manager
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Sanilac, MIApril 16, 2018
The employees were all very helpful, but they could earn a commisssion so one had to be careful of the information they brought forth to the table. The Regional manager did not treat everyone fairly.
Pros
close to home
Cons
No Training
Echo Global
Carrier Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 28, 2018
Would arrive early in the morning, around 6:00 AM. Leared muched about OTR trucking business and how it is managed. Managers in carrier sales department were young but informed. Office was full of young, recent college grads with high energy. Very difficult to develop new business without being one of the managers favorites. The youthful energy was enjoyable as people were friendly for the most part.
Tough Industry
Client Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 23, 2018
Echo does a lot of things well. Technology and software are first class, very good database systems and business processing systems. Managers are good, Echo is the top rated 3PL in the US, but that does not make any sales for you. A lot of phone time and a lot of competitors makes it very labor intensive, at least for me. Work culture is very unprofessional, a lot of profanity used all the time, and no apologies needed.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
tough to get started, commissions build very slowly.
April 9, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are definitely proud of our top of the line software and the investments we keep making to improve it. Agree that sales can be a challenge, but it is fun to see the success of so many here who have put in the hard work!

High Turn Over Rate
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2018
The accounts payable dept needs complete restructuring. Absolutely the worst training, you have to learn on your own. The current manager should be fired for lack of communication with his team and poor structure of the dept. The worst payables I've ever seen in any corporate company. The high turn over rate speaks for itself.
Pros
Salary was decent
Cons
No upper management support, guidance or involvement. Extremely poor communication from management, lack of structure, poor training. Extremely high turn over rate in accounts payable.
May 8, 2018

I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. Some change was needed and it has been happening. We recently made organization changes and created new career paths for many of our employees. We are also excited about the many new training structures that have been rolled out this spring. Our priority will continue to be improving the experiences of our employees.

This company is trashed stay here for one year then leave.
Client Solution Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2018
This branch is terrible and unprofessional, the director a controlling and a snake, they play with your money and lie. Felt like I was in high school at this branch.
Pros
Decent pay for entry level job
Cons
No stability and management is a joke
April 9, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! Sorry to hear of your experience, but we do have a system in place the shows each sales department their pay structure. As we are a rapidly growing company, we are always looking for and finding ways to improve....in everything!

Disorganized company doesn't respect workers
Senior Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2018
The interview process took over a month. They offered $40,000 less in salary than initially promised. Disorganized company that doesn't respect its workers
Fast-paced and Collaborative
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2018
Great company to begin your career -- fast-paced and collaborative. Must be willing to work hard to get ahead. Come growing pains with the recent acquisition, but strong leadership at the helm to work through it.
Echo Review
Client Solutions Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
Competitive, fast paced environment. Solid pay and benefits. Great sales training program. Typical day included making 75+ cold calls, invoicing, dealing with transportation issues, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Echo Global Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

42out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Echo Global Logistics.

Powered by Comparably