Echo Lake Foods Employee Reviews

Run Run Run
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  All plantsApril 25, 2019
If you don't want a stressful job, do yourself a favor, go to work somewhere else. Paychecks also manipulated & not always correct. Micro managed company, you're just a number here. Very abusive, attitude towards you if you aren't part of "a certain circle/group.
Pros
My leaving
Cons
Gm bipolar attitude
Not a fun place to work at very cold and tiring run
Iqf (Former Employee) –  Hartwell, GAApril 13, 2019
Management treats you poorly, I worked all day and by the end of the day Thursday I was in tears having chest and shoulder pains the manager didnt even care to ask me if I was okay. They will over work you until you can not move the next day they dont have schedules and you dont mean anything if you are not a brown nose. They tend to get more attention than the americans in this country. There are few people who actually care about employees in the company HR IS OKAY but only bc I made myself known in the company and kept on about issues there. And you are basically working a full week 40 plus one week and then they cut your hours the next down to 22 hours and the cut
Turbulent management style.
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIOctober 22, 2018
The management at Echo Lake Foods is always changing creating a confusing environment. Maintenance employees have multiple people to answer to which causes conflicts in work priority.
Dirty and no leadership
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 8, 2018
This is the wild west of food production facilities. The maintenance and production departments are rudderless and without direction. Top-to-bottom deficiency in leadership.
Nice place to learning and good over time
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 31, 2018
Working on Echo Lake was good experience, I learned a lot about how working on shipping and working with forklift. Echo lake have good people there people who is cooperative.
No upper management organization
SENIOR PRODUCTION / SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 28, 2018
Cut throat culture with no direction for improvement. Many under skilled employees that don't understand the goal. The company is just producing to survive.
Ambiente de trabajo bueno mientras cada uno trabaje en equipo sin hacer drama
Packer/Inspector Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIMarch 29, 2018
Buen ambiente de trabajo,los managers siempre antentos a las necesidades de los trabajadores
Pros
Ofrecen vacaciones pagadas, 401 K y seguro m├ędicos
Learned a lot during in my time there, but I worked so much there was little time to enjoy much else
Purchaser and Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntington, INFebruary 12, 2018
I was given a chance at a key role in the Echo Lake Foods company and it really helped me learn a lot of new skills in my time at this company. I learned a lot about different maintenance supplies required to keep the plant up and running with minimal downtime, create and maintain relationships with local and regional vendors, communicate closely with coworkers to achieve a mutual goal of contributing to a successful company.
Pros
Lots of hours available, 401k, Overtime opportunities
Cons
Non-flexible schedule, Poor wages
line work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 8, 2018
very slow days, fast packing, stressful not enough money for the work i was doing. cold and not enough breaks. 72 hours a week all right money. for considering i worked all the time.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
enough workers on the line
Not too bad...i enjoyed working at echo lake but would prefer 8 hour days if needed
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntington County, INAugust 22, 2017
It was easy work just monotonous i have so much going on with my schedule id have to work 7pm to 7am if 12 hrs are mandated daily...i love the pay at echo lake and would love to return asap!
Pros
Great breakroom
Cons
No benefits
Very good work place.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYDecember 1, 2016
The people are the best to work with. You get good breaks and your treated like a person. I really don't like the place because to meany Mexicans. There is literally about 12 people there that speak English.
Pros
The people
Cons
No americans in charge
Long hours, and poor managment
High Reach Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, WIJune 9, 2016
Very little organization, poor leadership and poor management. hardest part of the job is the blast freezer.I learned how to operate a high reach while at Echo Lake. I get along very well with my co-workers because we all know our job and get what tasks done that need to be accomplished in a night works.
Cons
Long hours, no communication
Echo Lake Foods
LEAD PRODUCTION / SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 26, 2016
People are not friendly and the jobs are not secure. The company does not provide a secure base and one doesn't know what they are doing day to day.
Breakfast food manufacturer
Machine Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, WIMarch 6, 2016
My typical day consists of adjusting, repairing and maintaining machines that make and package scrambled eggs, egg patties, pancakes and waffles.
Highly Productive company
Freezer Lead (Current Employee) –  Yorkville, WIFebruary 9, 2016
I love working At this company, I do not like the fact that I have done Everything in my will power to make this place work for Everyone that works there, I always try and make life easier for everyone and do the same thing over and over Because no one cares About there job. They come to work and go through the motions and disrespect the work I do Everyday. I have tryed and so has my Shipping manager to get me a Decent raise because I deserve it. But I guess they would rather pay someone that does not really care that deeply about there job like I do.Or for that matter The company that pays there wages. I am not showed to much love for All i do for the company and you would think a company would want to pay an exceptional worker the wages they deserve instead of to someone that does not care. Other then that I love my Job But I believe it's time to find a company that will appreciate me for my Hard work and great work ethic.
Pros
Not Many
Cons
Healthcare, No sick days.
Productive and very interesting job.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYFebruary 17, 2015
Everyday was the same,paperwork and making sure everything was going right. I learned how to make labels,management was great,got along with co-workers,hardest part was fixing mistakes.Being around people that I enjoyed working with.
Pros
401k and share plan and hourly wages
Cons
Expensive health insurence that didnt cover much of anything, and some management.
not a good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 29, 2015
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone !! company lies about giving you a raise. The Benefits are not good
fast paced work place.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIApril 22, 2014
we pick and putaway product,load and unload trucks.The hardest part of this job is work inside of the freezer.
Pros
8 hr overtime every week.
Cons
work in -20 degree temp.
A lot of advancement opportunities
Office Manager / Procurement (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIMarch 13, 2014
My wife was transferred back to Kansas City for work, so I left Echo Lake a few weeks ago after being there 4 years. It's a big company, but it's family owned, so it is not a really "corporate" atmosphere.

Lots of room for advancement - I was hired on as an assistant, and ended up with the managers job within a year. There are basically no impediments to success if you want to learn and put in the time.

I didn't have a bad experience with the management or with anybody I worked with, but I understand personalities sometimes clash.

The amount of work experience I gathered there has really given me the tools and skills I lacked before I started. I have two offers in the Kansas City area now that I know wouldn't be possible without the skills I learned there.
Pros
Good benefits, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Long hours at times, was a long commute for me (I lived in Woodstock)
Office (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIFebruary 17, 2014
I did not have the same experiences as the previous reviews. I enjoyed my time with Echo Lake Foods. Anyone who is looking for a productive environment where hard work is rewarded would be happy here. Even though the company went through a huge fire about a year ago, they are moving forward and continuing to grow so job security and advancement opportunities are available.
The company and its management have been around for a long time which I think says a lot about them.
No two days were the same which is what I like.
Don't let these other reviews scare you- if you go to work, do your job and do it right, there's nothing to worry about.
Pros
Benefits, Advancement Opportunities