Echo Employee Reviews

Very safe and professional guys to work with.
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Motiva,Pt. Athur TxMarch 6, 2018
Upper management and field hands alike are very knowledgeable and professional in thier tasks. Also very safe. From what I saw ,it is a very well oiled machine. The hands look to the foreman for advice if needed. They work together to get the problem solved.
Pros
Professional
Good
Business Owner Consulting (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 14, 2018
Wonderful TEAM. Good Reporting.and Research. Evaluations of Advance Technology is a very important part of the Business. Actual hands on not just theory. Various Computer Research Information. Excellent grpwth and future. Althpugh it is temporary work and project, it gave solutions.
Good
Cons
When things are good, its butter. When things go south, get your hard hats ready.
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2017
Echo was a great place to work. Their culture is really modernized, and you can tell that they really care about their employees. Logistics is a stressful occupation, but they do try and keep their employees happy. I have no issues with the company, I came in wanting to learn about a new industry, but once I've learn the truths of trucking, it quickly had its grip on me. No two days were the same, and its a special feeling knowing you are helping the backbone of our country. It can get stressful though. When things are smooth its butter, but things can turn south at any time. You are in charge of the whole sale process from prospects to paying invoices. You'll be surprised how many businesses don't like paying bills. My manager was cool and nurturing, and the upper management is also engaging with their employees. Its a great place for anyone needing a lucrative industry, but has the time to make it happen. Commission structure encourages the long commitments, but the stress of the industry can make or break you.
Pros
Benefits, Food Vendors, Dynamic Experience
Cons
Stressful, The Long Haul, Chaotic
Productive, Warm and Sincere place to work
Accountant (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2017
The team at ECHO is amazing. They are hard working and focused on the mission to end homelessness in Austin. At the same time, they are very respectful and kind to each other. The CEO is full of energy and passion and really magnetic. She is motivating by her spirit and the team has great respect for her. She is a mover and a shaker! It is a fun and inspiring place to work!
Pros
Teamwork and passion
Cons
No long term disability or life insurance available at this time.
Stressful environment
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2017
Very stressful place to work. All employees are constantly under tons of pressure to execute unrealistic timelines. Management is out of touch with how long it takes to complete any given project. Very understaffed and employees are expected to work late hours and efforts are not appreciated by management. Company is extremely unorganized with no clear vision for the future. Lack of clear direction from management and very unstable career path. Hardly any room for growth as it's family owned, so there are only so many levels to grow into.
Pros
Health Insurance, nice coworkers
Cons
Stressful, long hours, unfocused management
This is self-employed actually
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Beijing and New YorkOctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed this bittersweet experience.

Self-employed helps me develop my brand and reputation.

Besides being able to work on my favourite design projects, I also had great chance to communicate with clients and figure out clients' need.

Working for myself also helps me be aware of contracts and the corresponding obligation.
Pros
Develop well-rounded skills and knowledge
Cons
Not enough chance for design critic
Echo Global Logistics
Client Solutions Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Medial, tiresome work, no career advancement. It is hard to continue to cold call, email and reach out to clients that don't care about you and don't care to work with you.
Great guidelines
Host (Former Employee) –  440 S Rampart Blvd LV, NVSeptember 20, 2017
The restaurant is beautiful and very clean. It was consistently busy so expect to always have people coming in. The managers were very friendly and helpful.
It's a very safe workplace at motiva
Pipe fabricator (Former Employee) –  Motiva Port Arthur refineryApril 20, 2017
Motiva is a very safe workplace for everyone the supervision is very knowledgeable of their job the plant operators are very knowledgeable of the permit system and the safety people are very knowledgeable and safety if you see is very good at their job also
Pros
They have good places to eat for lunch
Cons
They need better transportation to the parking lot
low paying
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXApril 12, 2017
Maintenance work is what it is. Break rooms nice equipment good condition. There is a family oriented atmosphere I was a traveler guess how that feels.
Pros
Allowed to make decissions on equipment set up
Cons
Foremen had "old school" training and mind set Big Stick
It was good.
Load Picker (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILApril 11, 2017
I was only a temp worker, but it was a very laid back place to work, as long as you got all your work done. The only downside was being one of the very few spanish speaking workers there.
Full-Time Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 13, 2017
*Disclaimer: Some of the information that that is supplied is from working here as a full-time volunteer*

It is a great place to work, with individuals who are committed to offering mental health and counseling services to the underserved population of Dayton, Ohio in the school systems.
Overall an amazing experience very eventful
US Army Soldier (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 26, 2016
I served with echo company for 2 years completely and absolutely have learned a lot gained a lot of knowledge about the everyday aircrafts I feel and maintaining shifts, taking care of soldiers as well as getting the mission done.
Pros
Great opportunity to see and learn new things
Cons
Being away from family and friends
Quick paced
Picker (Current Employee) –  Lake County, ILAugust 1, 2016
Very fast and everyone's ever so friendly

Very Lean on Job tasks

Everyone's understanding when there's a problem/ Safety Issue
Quality guidelines
Vascular Tech II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 5, 2016
You would start the day getting a list of studies to complete. You would then go and do the studies. Sometime they were at bedside and other times they were in the lab. There were also stress echo's that needed to be done.
Pros
It was a fun place to work
Cons
Fast paced
Provides Commonity Food to eldery and single parent families
Volunteer/Community Involvement (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 12, 2016
Box Food; juice cereal, noodles, sauce, milk, bread, trail mix and help the public to their vehicles. Making families smile was the best part of the job.
Place of immense learning
Shop Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAApril 12, 2016
My time at Echo company has been a great learning experience for me. My supervisor gave me responsibility and the walked me through the stages of becoming a fantastic leader. One of the many tools I was taught was proper time management. Having the ability to use time wisely and organize task for completion is essential to executing objectives in an timely manner. This skill was the hardest for me to master because of my ambitious nature. I strive to accomplish as much as I can. That ambition drove me to learn more about my craft and find a love for help others. Helping others is something management cherishes. As a reward they gave time to make progress and patiently assisting me in all aspect of my job.
Pros
Healthcare, dental, free gym, challenging, ever changing evironment
Growing Company
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 31, 2016
Echo is a growing company that provides you the tools to be successful. The healthcare market is changing and adapting, and Echo has a development plan in place to meet the changing market. Overall company culture is relaxed and allows you to be your own boss. They do not focus on micromanaging but do want to see metrics and results being accomplished each quarter/year.
ns
Customer Service Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 30, 2015
loved working from them, but it would take me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to work.. long drive from where i stay. pay was great loved my co-workers. the best part of the job was i got to meet new people everyday
Productive & relaxed workplace with cool people
Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  WarrenAugust 17, 2015
Great workplace with supportive & understanding management.
Very relaxed office life.
Lots of room to develop & grow with the company.
Pros
casual day everyday
Cons
no health insurance as of yet