Echo Employee Reviews

Minimum wage for life
Cook/Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carnesville, GAJune 1, 2019
I hade this job in high school. There were ladies there that had spent 20 years with the place still at minimum wage. I left before college for another minimum wage job that would give annual raises
Not a good place to work
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 26, 2019
Management. isn't good at all ,they do not treat u right the company is very picky about who day allow to advance in jobs placement. they show a lot of favoritism.
Pros
It good
Cons
No problem.
Inequality
Driver (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 17, 2019
Overall there is different in treatment of people. Some people are given chance after chance to do their jobs and other people are fired on the spot for 1 mistake when there was no written rules provided.

It is known around the company that if you ain't liked then you don't have a chance. Workers do not feel they count and managers don't care.

Workers care about people they work with but managers only want money. I tried to see company in good light but it was hard after meeting after meeting with people who don't care.
Pros
heath insurance and people you take care of
Cons
no fair treatment, low pay, no training
Clothes Sorter (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Used to work there for some time.There I used to manage the clothes and then stock them.It was a good place to work at hut after some time the work gets boring because the only thing you do is shelf .
met alot of great people
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 2, 2019
worked on an assembly line in the afternoon for 10hr shifts

i learneed alot about small enginge production and how to work as true team

management was really on your work pace and expected only the best
Productive workplace
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Western AustraliaNovember 19, 2018
Echo is an organization that assists people less advantaged than others in Australia and overseas they also suppoert local charities in Perth. Good workplace
Very productive and fast paced environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILOctober 23, 2018
Good and nice environment
Nice people alot of work everything is timed. The production. Lines are really fast line leaders are very helpfull. They teach were they need you.
Echo Company was an excellent company to be apart of full of history and battles
United States Marine Corps (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 24, 2018
Excellent group of men to work with and fight with, couldnt be more proud to be part of Echo company and the chain of command. Hard nosed and well trained.
Pros
Cons
nothing
Management and other employees were great to interact with and work the job.
Leader (Former Employee) –  Cheney, WAAugust 6, 2018
The typical day was in the morning, you would open the ECHO room so that that kids could come in and hang out before school started. In the afternoons, you would give them snack, play activities with them until their parents came to get them at the end of the day. I learned how to work better with youth. Management was great, they were able to communicate effectively with staff on matters that regarded ECHO. Workplace culture was great. The hardest part of the job for me were they mornings because I would have to be at work by 6am and it took some time to fully be able to engage with the kids. The most enjoyable time of the job were the kids I was looking after, they would make my day so much better and make me want to be at work.
Pros
Great staff and children
Cons
Nothing bad about the job what so ever
My Favorite Job.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 28, 2018
The atmosphere was very congenial and my supervisor was very complimentary about my performance. She let me write the newsletter and compose some of her business correspondence.
Pros
Wonderful work environment.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 4, 2018
Environment is team oriented, helpful, caring, concerned and quick moving. Organizing and packing are good skills to have for this job. Other than that free time and a willingness to help out.
Very safe and professional guys to work with.
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Motiva,Pt. Athur TxMarch 6, 2018
Upper management and field hands alike are very knowledgeable and professional in thier tasks. Also very safe. From what I saw ,it is a very well oiled machine. The hands look to the foreman for advice if needed. They work together to get the problem solved.
Pros
Professional
Good
Business Owner Consulting (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 14, 2018
Wonderful TEAM. Good Reporting.and Research. Evaluations of Advance Technology is a very important part of the Business. Actual hands on not just theory. Various Computer Research Information. Excellent grpwth and future. Althpugh it is temporary work and project, it gave solutions.
Good
Cons
When things are good, its butter. When things go south, get your hard hats ready.
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2017
Echo was a great place to work. Their culture is really modernized, and you can tell that they really care about their employees. Logistics is a stressful occupation, but they do try and keep their employees happy. I have no issues with the company, I came in wanting to learn about a new industry, but once I've learn the truths of trucking, it quickly had its grip on me. No two days were the same, and its a special feeling knowing you are helping the backbone of our country. It can get stressful though. When things are smooth its butter, but things can turn south at any time. You are in charge of the whole sale process from prospects to paying invoices. You'll be surprised how many businesses don't like paying bills. My manager was cool and nurturing, and the upper management is also engaging with their employees. Its a great place for anyone needing a lucrative industry, but has the time to make it happen. Commission structure encourages the long commitments, but the stress of the industry can make or break you.
Pros
Benefits, Food Vendors, Dynamic Experience
Cons
Stressful, The Long Haul, Chaotic
Productive, Warm and Sincere place to work
Accountant (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2017
The team at ECHO is amazing. They are hard working and focused on the mission to end homelessness in Austin. At the same time, they are very respectful and kind to each other. The CEO is full of energy and passion and really magnetic. She is motivating by her spirit and the team has great respect for her. She is a mover and a shaker! It is a fun and inspiring place to work!
Pros
Teamwork and passion
Cons
No long term disability or life insurance available at this time.
Stressful environment
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2017
Very stressful place to work. All employees are constantly under tons of pressure to execute unrealistic timelines. Management is out of touch with how long it takes to complete any given project. Very understaffed and employees are expected to work late hours and efforts are not appreciated by management. Company is extremely unorganized with no clear vision for the future. Lack of clear direction from management and very unstable career path. Hardly any room for growth as it's family owned, so there are only so many levels to grow into.
Pros
Health Insurance, nice coworkers
Cons
Stressful, long hours, unfocused management
This is self-employed actually
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Beijing and New YorkOctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed this bittersweet experience.

Self-employed helps me develop my brand and reputation.

Besides being able to work on my favourite design projects, I also had great chance to communicate with clients and figure out clients' need.

Working for myself also helps me be aware of contracts and the corresponding obligation.
Pros
Develop well-rounded skills and knowledge
Cons
Not enough chance for design critic
Echo Global Logistics
Client Solutions Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Medial, tiresome work, no career advancement. It is hard to continue to cold call, email and reach out to clients that don't care about you and don't care to work with you.
Great guidelines
Host (Former Employee) –  440 S Rampart Blvd LV, NVSeptember 20, 2017
The restaurant is beautiful and very clean. It was consistently busy so expect to always have people coming in. The managers were very friendly and helpful.
It's a very safe workplace at motiva
Pipe fabricator (Former Employee) –  Motiva Port Arthur refineryApril 20, 2017
Motiva is a very safe workplace for everyone the supervision is very knowledgeable of their job the plant operators are very knowledgeable of the permit system and the safety people are very knowledgeable and safety if you see is very good at their job also
Pros
They have good places to eat for lunch
Cons
They need better transportation to the parking lot