EchoPark Automotive
Here to help
Coronavirus update

EchoPark Automotive Employee Reviews

United States146 reviews
Company has aspirations of not being like a traditional car dealership. At the end of the day, the company will put profit over employee relationships
Pros
awesome coworkers, decent development
Cons
healthcare options, lacking management, stressful environment, work-life balance
Love this place, all the staff is awesome, management is supportive and you are allowed to be yourself. Bad part is, there is not life/work balance, average is 60+ hours a week.
Pros
Good salary, they care about you, free lunches sometimes.
Cons
No enough time for your personal life, if you have kids be ready to see them a couple of hours a day.
I've been with this company for about 4 years. It has been nothing short of life changing. We are encouraged on a daily basis to work on our inner growth! The automotive industry has had a dark cloud over it for several years, but EchoPark has figured out the best way to offer guests a great experience. It takes the people on the ground level to make this happen and that is where EchoPark's focus is. They focus on people development. If you are looking for a great work environment with industry leading compensation, join the winning team!
Pros
Personal Development, Fun work environment, work life balance
Great family environment where we all care about each other and help each other as a team.
Company is growing very fast and we have a lot of career opportunities. Company promotes from within and does a lot of training to get us ready for a position in management. I am very happy to be a part of the EchoPark family.

Good benefits and work life balance.
Pros
Free lunches on our Monthly kickoff days and breakfast on culture breakfast meetings
Cons
Need more people, need more inventory, would like our free snacks reinstated as soon as COVID passes
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great environment and you work with the best leaderships they like to be called coaches and not managers.
They help you to grow and when there is an job opportunity opens they check with you first. I learned the attention to each detail and company standards are high.

you get an award each month and you get recognized in front of all teammates in kickoff meetings.

you definitely have a great opportunity to grow in a green environment.

Check in is overwhelmed & Under staffed
Techs are in cliques.

Detail is lazy and late.

The rest of the phases are left on their own

Managers ramble
Pros
Freedom to do whatever
Cons
Bad pay, managers are passive aggressive, no room for advancement, profit focused company spewing family quotes
This place is a joke. They talk about having a great culture but all they care is sales. People that work in the recon department are treated like second class people. The managers are terrible here. They are scared to tell people to do their job. I would recommend stay far away from this place. They also never give raises but love putting more work on Your plate.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Poor management
I have a great opportunity to make a good living for myself and my family. If you are motivated and just do the right thing, this could be a great decision for someone considering a new career. I have been able to become a better person, both at home and at work. Financially I am in the best position I have ever been in.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Nothing comes to mind that has any substance
Always feeling positive vibes walking in. Not only does the company care about the guests, but each and every one of us as well. Being a new brand, unfortunately the company did have to make some tough business decisions in the beginning which reflects in prior reviews. We are past that point now. COVID did put a slight halt on that due to pick of traffic, but that was every company everywhere. Even though COVID is still rampant, we are hiring again and rolling along building the brand. Proud to be part of it from the beginning!
Pros
Sat lunches, great people that care, room to advance with more markets coming
My managers and direct coworkers were very hardworking and respectful of one another . The workload can sometimes become intense but overall a good company
I was part of the original Experience Guide crew at the Houston location. the nearly year and a half that I worked there was pretty amazing. For the first time in 15 years, I had found a work place that I truly enjoyed going to everyday. The culture was great, my fellow employees were easy to get along with, and there was a huge sense of family among the staff.

Due to COVID-19 and economic downsizing, I, along with a good portion of the staff, was laid off. I was sent to an office where the GM and Controller were sitting. They told me what was going on and that I was being let go. I asked if I had done something wrong, or if it was a performance issue. They both assured me that my performance was not an issue and that I had done nothing wrong. They also told me that once things bounce back, I would be able to return to work.

Two months after being laid off, I heard that some of the staff had started returning to work. I tried contacting the GM several times over the course of the next couple of weeks. I did not get the professional courtesy of a return phone call. I then was a ble to get in contact with one of the Sales Managers to see about returning to work. He informed me that they weren't bringing anyone else back onboard at that time and told me to check back in three weeks. After three weeks passed, I called him back and he said he would discuss it with the GM and call me in a couple of days. A week went by and I had not received a call, so I called him. He told me that they were not going to bring me back onboard. This confused me because I was previously told that
 - more...
First time working in a dealership enviroment, and I Love it!...Great Teamwork, a lot of motivation. Everyone are focus on company goals. Management recognize your job and celebrate small success.
Pros
Monthly bonus, free lunch sometimes.
Cons
A typical day at work for a new Experience Guide is learning new processes and the unique positive culture of the company. The Leadership training from Management is exceptional, emphasizing transparency, taking ownership and bringing your authentic self to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing Guest enjoy a unique automotive buying experience.
Pros
Outstanding daily huddle meeting.
As someone who has been working at car dealers for almost 20 years, I've always dreamed about working with a group that realized the potential of having work/life balance. Most dealers are happy to grind you up 12 hours a day 7 days a week. At EchoPark, you have the opportunity to have 2 days off most weeks and work a normal schedule. Literally can't ask for anything better than that in a retail sales environment where you serve customers at all hours. As with any sales job, there will be quotas to hit but knowing that we are closed Sunday, I can plan things with my family. Pay is more than fair and everyone in the building has the opportunity to contribute to the team and make a living wage. Building workplace culture is never easy or instant. At EchoPark, they make it a priority by providing the framework for team bonding to happen. All you have to do is bring the positive attitude and be ready to learn. The business model simply works and the fact that they choose to pursue doing business the right way means EchoPark is growing like wildfire. The branded used car dealer space is going to be massively growing over the next decade and advancement opportunities will be all over the place for those that participate.
Pros
Schedule, pay, growth opportunity
Cons
retail hours
It started out good. But at the end they turned into the same kind of people of a traditional dealer. Poor management, bo advance opportunities, unless you are the boyfriend if the owner's daughter, or a friend of his inner circle. Finance...well let's not talk about it. In general, this is the kind of job for a recent graduate young person, with no family or obligations. If you have experience. Avoid this place at all cost
Pros
Initial team was cobformed by very nice people
Cons
Healthcare too exoensive, low income, no growth opportunities
This company seemed amazing on paper and outside of people in your same position it is extremely divisive. There is a very clear sense of favoritism amongst managers especially the GM. Essentially the only way to move up in the company is to run errands for the GM, take him golfing or on other adventures throughout the state, or be his best buddy. Multiple current employees have stated that if the pay structure wasn’t what it is they wouldn’t stay working there. They preach a family environment but that couldn’t be farther from the truth the second things get difficult they look for excuses to get rid of people they don’t care for and replace you with new employees to “mold into the brand”. My warning is to just be careful with working at a place like this. You can make decent money at the expense of your family and home life no matter what anyone says there is no work life balance so be prepared. And if you aren’t willing to commit to that lifestyle get ready to be shunned and ridiculed until you have no option but to quit because they will not fire people unless it’s a truly heinous act and even then that’s in question. If you work here you have to be a shark to survive.
Pros
Decent pay if you dedicate ALL your time to the place
Cons
Management, culture, no opportunity for advancement
One of the worst jobs I've ever had. Toxic environment unless you're buddy buddy with management. Extreme favortism reigns supreme. Too much work, too little pay. Company over hires, then fires.
Interesting dynamic for a company. No consistency from senior management for direction. Preach “family” but ultimately no different than any other dealership. Me, me, me. Finance tries to gouge you to make the most money on financing no matter how great your credit is. Chew you up and spit you out at first opportunity if you are not part of the “in crowd”. At times, this is an HR nightmare. Threatening of jobs, intimidation, bullying, etc. Market leadership does not promote individual thinking and it is a “my way or the highway” style of leadership.
Pros
Used to be about community, now it is about how much you made on your sale.
Cons
Could care less about you as a person. Not open and transparent with their people
Company/ management made it difficult to maintain a positive attitude considering the demands it is putting the department. Individuals basically had to except the conditions or find another opportunities
Horrible company. I would never recommend working here to anyone. It is impossible to advance in your career even though that’s what they advertise. Decent pay but they will over work you. They do not care about their employees only the money. I have stayed 2.5+ hours after closing time because the salesman are still doing “deals”. They do not hire competent trainers either so don’t expect great training

great training
Very promising... On paper. Opportunity for advancement was taken away after 5 years. No raises, no promotions, underpaid and over worked. Punished for doing the basics and having a family. Used to be a great company but after aquiring driver select the company went down hill in a hurry