EchoPark Automotive

EchoPark Automotive Employee Reviews

United States219 reviews

dealershipautomotivecarsaturdaytraditionaldealerautosale

Typical car sales

Decent work life balance, and a commission plan that is not the best but not the worst. Expect to work quite a lot, but have it balanced by decent pay.

Harassment

I started working here when they first opened however, I would address a lot of harassment from other coworkers to my bosses and managers. However, nothing was ever handled. I felt horrible going into work every day all because I am a female and I got dictated a lot worse place to work ever one out of five stars.

EchoPark Automotive insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

empty promises

Since I had first started there it was pretty good, for a little bit. Took away holidays, took away promotions, started making to many rules, advisors had no clue.

Poor management

Very poor and unprofessional management and promise you one thing and then don’t fall through with it. Very egotistic and thinks this is a frat house

Stressful environment

Management allowed my team lead to BELITTLE me and talk to me as though I was a 10 yr old. Team lead would talk down to me often even in front of others team members. I complained to management and not much was done. Team lead made coming to work stressful.

Don’t go against the grain

Had a great run however I spoke up when dictated changes didn’t make sense or caused more work without positive results.That’s where I’ll leave that. Was let go after two years because “it wasn’t a fit”, but I’m eligible for rehired.

Above the average car dealership

Hard to advance within the company, but overall a great place to work for. Work with your schedule if necessary, free lunch every Saturday. Everyone seems to get along pretty well

Do not work here!!!!

If my summary of this comment didn't do it for you, just work there and you'll find out the hard way. The management is the problem and had always been the problem. Zero accountability for their actions against employees.

Pros

Benefits, great employees

Cons

Some higher ups are paid more than what they're worth, will stagnate your growth with company

What is the best part of working at EchoPark Automotive?The company is very employee friendly. I really enjoy working there. What is the most stressful part about working at driversselect.com?There really is no stress. Show up. Do your job. Everything else takes care of it self.

Commission

Good job but lots of hours you don't sell the car the car sells itself. You are required to sell 4500.00 warranty on each car plus 3 other warranty programs. If you dont manage to sell the warranty programs under the required percentage you are fired it's about 50% of cars sold .

Traditional dealership. Same work/life balance. Same everything, really. Decent pay, good chances for promotion.

Overall if you're the type who wants to work in a dealership and you know what you're getting into, then EP is a fine place to work. It's a very traditional dealership, but they try to convince everyone they're "non-traditional." They advertise work/life balance when hiring, but that isn't the case at all. It's pretty easy to advance because at some point everyone gets sick of working their life away, so there's always an opportunity right around the corner. Good pay compared to other jobs that don't require a degree and have no barrier to entry.

Fun place to work, very family oriented

Echopark is a great company to work for. We have a great staff that’s very understanding and knowledgeable. Great benefits, great environment!

Flexible environment with low micro management

If you are a seriously self-driven individual that can keep the mission of the company in the forefront of your mind, then you will find success at EchoPark! The amount of flexibility in scheduling, budget, and workload is appropriate for the industry. The people you get an opportunity to learn from, teach, work, and grow with is both fascinating and encouraging; especially in tough times.Please enjoy your time with EchoPark Automotive, should you have the opportunity to work with these fine examples and leaders in the Auto Industry.

Poor communication/no onboarding or training was offered

Been with the company 17 months, was not given training in systems or policy, while there are weekly huddles where team members give 'shoutouts' for teamwork etc...no manager's annual review (therefore no pay conversation) has happened...frustrating

Pros

schedule

Cons

no room for advancement

Should have been a great job

Unfortunately, the ability to make money was not equally distributed by management. They consistently gave more opportunity to a few. In addition, I felt that the compensation was a bait and switch... They pay a $3K "salary" which is supposed to be guaranteed. Like a base plus commission is how it was portrayed in the hiring process. Turns out that it was a "minimum guarantee" and the first $3K of your commissions were actually the Salary. So it was basically a draw. To add insult to injury, PTO was essentially swallowed up in the first $3K of earnings, so in reality there was no actual Paid Time Off.

Good culture

Good culture. It’s retail so a lot of hours. Pay can be good when the business is there. Work life balance would be nice like shorter hours on holidays.

Good for entry level sales

This is a great start for someone looking to get into auto sales. The job itself is fairly easy. However, compared to traditional auto sales, you are severely underpaid. There is still rampant favoritism with leads that affects your pay, along with management forcing you to halve deals if you take a day off. Management claims to be different from traditional, but still plays the games a traditional dealer does.The vehicles are mostly rentals and aren’t great quality, thanks to a reconditioning team who is obviously paid per car. The benefits aren’t too bad and the people you work with are generally very nice and great coworkers!

Pros

Coworkers, benefits, free lunch

Cons

Low pay, long hours, questionable sales tactics

Most childish place I've ever come across. Managers have no accountability and will immediately blame whoever they can when they are called out.

It's selling cars with extra steps and less money. More paperwork for both parties and a solid chance the customer is buying a hunk of junk. Horrible.

Pros

So many ppl quit or get fired, you have opportunity for advancing.

Cons

The cars they sell are junk they picked up off the street and spit shined.

Stale work place with no advancement opportunities

If you expect a raise for good work, look somewhere else. The employees who do the least seem to benefit the most. There is no motivation because there is no benefit from actually performing your duties but there’s no consequence for not performing your duties.

Pros

There are no consequences for your actions

Cons

There are no consequences for your actions

Excellent company. Everyone plays a huge role. Management is great. Definitely can move up and do great things. free food on Saturdays :)

work life balance is great. I think the operations side should be paid little more. we do most of the hard work compared to sales. I feel comfortable with talking with head managers. Laid Back company and bonus potential is a plus.

Pros

free lunches on Saturday. flexible schedule and enjoyable work environment

Cons

Love this place gr8 benefits and people and I like the work and my team.

Love everything that I have seen from this company!! Great benefits and people and perks. Glad I got out of A/P to work car deals from home so much more interesting than A/P!

Pros

Gr8 benefits and flexible in many ways.

Cons

A little stressful especially at month end.

Common questions about EchoPark Automotive

Answered by current and former employees at EchoPark Automotive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EchoPark Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare EchoPark Automotive with

• EchoPark Automotive
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?