EchoStar Employee Reviews

Ive enjoyed my employment at echostar.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 10, 2019
I was able to use my office skills training. And more. They gave me a chance I started in human resources, then moved to administrative assistant. Loved working with all. Must be a team player
Call Center Tech support
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAFebruary 8, 2019
It was a busy job with multiple roles, We were expected to Up-sell collect and perform Tech support. I was on the escalated tech support team and was required to take escalated transfers from other reps.
Ok for 18 yr olds not a real job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  AZFebruary 4, 2019
From the beginning treated like a kid. No respect for 25-35 age group. Kids managing kids. Upper level management a joke and customers are crazy when you explain you can stop the weather for them to get signal...
ok
Advanced Technical Rep (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJanuary 17, 2019
It was a great place to work with plenty of friendly people. I learned a lot about the job from the supervisors and fellow employees. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time to finish every task
A good place to work, pay is good and benefits are good.
Broadcast Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 26, 2018
I really like my job at echostar. They gave you a good training and management was good. Promotion and raises we're good. Unfortunately I got sick and was not able to keep my job but really wish I could have.
Pros
Great pay and very good benefits.
Cons
Short breaks
do not work here
Loyalty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 7, 2018
they do not care for their employees always looking to cut people to reduce costs they do not care how loyal you are to them they will can you for being over 1 min on your AHT
Technical Operations Center
Broadcast Operations Technician III (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 27, 2018
Easiest job I ever had. I heard now that Dish took over everything is different. I was paid well to watch tv for 8 hours, shift work, not a bad gig until you have to watch commercials all day.
Pros
Paid for lunch break
Cons
25 minute lunch break
Call Center
CUSTOMER CARE SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 15, 2018
Luckily my manager was wonderful but we often had to work with many other managers and they were not always helpful. Odd shifts were available and usually inconvenient.
Pros
Always hiring
Cons
Not a good company
Very busy
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MANovember 6, 2018
Nice job. Always busy, spent a lot of time troubleshooting cable systems, changing system components and training customers on system operation. Schedule was 4 days on, 3 days off.
Pros
4 days on, 3 days off
Cons
Could be dangerous on ladders
Excellent company to work for
LEAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80112November 2, 2018
I worked as a Satellite Installation and Service Technician for 6.5 years DishNetwork.

I loved working for EchoStar/DishNetwork, and other than long long work days, I never had a complaint.

I would recommend this job for anyone wanting a great company to work for.

EchoStar/DishNetwork closed their office in Joplin and laid their staff off, this was/is the only reason I am not still working for them.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Avoid at all cost
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 1, 2018
Not for those scared of heights. If you like working with tech it’s great and the customers are fun most of the time. Avoid having a different van, stick with one and keep it well stocked.
Good job great benefits
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 29, 2018
This job was a good experience and provided me with excellent customer service and computer knowledge, the hardest part of the job was having to deal with people who were to be terminated. But i enjoyed the camaraderie of all the employees.
Pros
Good company wonderful employees and benefits
Cons
no weekends off and few work holidays
extensive & ongoing training provided
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 24, 2018
made available promotions & benefits to present customers to compensate for dissatisfaction. customer oriented & empowered employees to make decisions
Personal Review
Biligual Represenative (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 23, 2018
I liked the company. I did gain good experience from there. I even enjoyed the schedule I was on. Management did change a lot. It was hard getting use to the constant change of rules.
job summary
Lead Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 23, 2018
downloaded software,
inspected boards inside boxes
warehouse work
inventory in proper area
give out supplies and maintain supplies for cleaning boxes.
Pros
good people
Cons
bad pay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 8, 2018
Honestly the management was horrible, overtime was mandatory which made home life difficult, absolutely no sick days available and even if you had a note from doctor you would still get docked, no advancements but only on pay but not position wise. Not the best place to work but they will make it seem like it at first then once you actually see how it works to get advanced thru the company it becomes completely shady.
Careful working here
Global Expert (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 5, 2018
At dish the management they have is really just a puppet to upper management. If a process doesn't make sense or does not benefit the customer or the company's employees nobody has the idea to challenge the directives that are set in place. Also in a one particular position I held, although we have Paid Time Off given to us, we had to ask permission to put in that PTO even if the day was available to take off, most of the time a lot of us were told no. Employees there are placed on performance improvement plan and even though they pass all metrics in the plan, the company will still fire you since it is an at will company. They do not care about their employee's the attendance policy is horrific, you can only miss 8 days out of 365 or else you are fired. Place is a very stressful place to work. I would recommend against making this a career choice if you don't have to, find a place that respects it's employees. A place that works for it's employee's so it's employees can be solely dedicated to working for it's customers.
Pros
Benefits, peers
Cons
Pay, Management, career advancement, policies.
Focused workplace. Still pretty old school in management practices.
Mid Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 5, 2018
Since they are again part of Dish, some of the improvements in benefits that were seen at Echostar have diminished. Dish is a service organization and Echo is an engineering org, but the Dish mentality prevails to some degree.
I enjoyed working there
Customer service representative 3 retention dept (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVOctober 1, 2018
It was a great job to work at but it was not family oriented, not flexible for parents with children and needed to leave early due to issues. The were goal based for the company.
Superior
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 22, 2018
I worked at EchoStar during a summer internship. Being from Baltimore, they provided a place for me to stay. My boss was very helpful and I learned a lot while working there.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Far from Baltimore, Md