Eckerd Drugs Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Company sold
Pharmacy Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAJuly 19, 2018
Company sold out within in the year I was hired, not given opportunity for advancement or company benefits. Most of the staff were very unprofessional.
First Retaill experience
Assistant Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
Maybe I was a newbie , very inexperienced, lacked people skills, but I never enjoyed my tenure at this company. The training was minimum they let you develop on your own and I never fit into this culture
Pros
Working hours hours shifts
Cons
Lacked proper training
Decent place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 27, 2018
The job itself was rewarding due to the customers and one particular manager I worked for. Overall, the pay was inefficient for the job that had to be done especially the use of Chinese Overtime rules for any hours worked over 40
productive was bought out by cvs
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2018
I managed 4 stores at the same time my title was a Multi-Store Mgr my typical day revolved me traveling to at least 2 of my stores on a daily basis.What I learned is you have to have tried and proven associates in key areas of the store or you will not be successful Hardest part of my job was dividing my time so that none of my stores would not suffer due to the fact I was not able to stay in any 1 store for as much as I would like The most enjoyable part of my job was managing a diverse group of associates that really were passionate about the business and would do anything that was asked to get the job done.
Pros
working and promoting my associates
Cons
Was bought out by cvs
great place to work and to learn it is stressful sometimes
Computer data entry the scripts and patients info (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2018
the most enjoying is that u learn the most hardest part is sometimes under staffed. pharmacy staff was some helpful and pharmacist was there to checks
Pros
it was an exciting place to work for me personaly lots to learn
Cons
very busy at times and under staffed
Assistant mananger
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 8, 2018
Very hard job. Always traveling to different stores. Retail. Kept you running all the time. Unfortunately salaried. They would work you 70+ hours per week
productiveI
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Navarre, FLJune 5, 2018
I truly enjoyed Eckerd's. It was my first job out of college. The management was very kind and compassionate. I learned a lot for the short time that I was there. CVS came in afterwards due to buyout.
excellent workplace
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 30, 2018
Eckerd was a great company to work for. They trained and were always there to guide employees to advancement within the company. They included bonuses for good performance .
Long Hours but friendly work evironment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 29, 2018
9am to 7pm Mon to Sat

What working as pharmacist is like at a retail store

Reasonable

Very fast pace

Standing and doing a lot movement in the pharmacy

My co workers and the customers.
Pros
My co workers and the customers.
Cons
Standing and doing a lot movement in the pharmacy
Great Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Crowley, TXMay 22, 2018
I loved working at Eckerd Drug. I studied and received my Eckerd Drug Pharmacy Technician Certification and loved having the opportunity to work with the patients, insurance companies and RPh. I left there because I graduated Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy school and found a job in a doctor's office.
Opportunity.
Family Preservation Worker (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 16, 2018
This program focused on at risk families. Great experience working with a diverse culture, loved the job! Rewarding. Enjoyed building community partners to link services and working with families.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low travel rate
This was a company with great oldfashion moral . A company I'd love. A retail company that value there customers and employer.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2018
Overseeing the store , taking care of customer mentor team member
inventory ,stocking ,merchandising and cash handling. I learned how
to be a great manager with this company, that which I take with me.
Good environment, it sometime was hard opening an closing the store on the same day more than twice a week. The most enjoyable
part was training my team members good company value and taking
great care of the customers.
Eckerd has been sold out
Retail Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXMay 7, 2018
Retail Pharmacy is not my job preference as I only spent a few months at Eckerd after Pharmacy School and left retail practice for good. I have been ib the Hospital inpatient Pharmacy ever since then.
fun place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 7, 2018
we just filled prescriptions for patients and call doctors to get refill authorizations. sometimes we wouldn't get them that day and the patient would have to wait until the next day
NCPHT/Head Technician
Head Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCApril 30, 2018
Oversaw all operations in pharmacy, ordering supplies, medications, filling prescriptions, assisting customers, answering phones, billing insurances, answering phone, trained technicians.
Awesome
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 28, 2018
Eckerds was a great place to work. I had an awesome management team. The staff was awesome. Paid attention to everything I said. Just wish the store never closed.
Ok to work for
Pharmacy Technician/Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 25, 2018
This company was ok when it was still around. Was taken over by CVS, never did work for CVS. As Eckerd's I was at a busy store, was ok. Once company started to change hands, things went downhill from there.
great place to work
Pharmacy Manager/Pharmacist-in-Charge (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYApril 25, 2018
very good to employees, and customers, very person oriented, innovative and pro active with change, well staffed, good mix of product and sale items. excellent middle management
Pros
independence
Cons
sold to rite aid
Awesome people to work with, the best time in my life!
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 23, 2018
I absolutely loved working here because of the Management working with me. I got this job right out of high school and was rearin to to
Everyday I was there I had a smile on my face and could wait to get there. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone. Unfortunately that are both longer called Eckerds but CVS pharmacy.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Short handed on shipment days so the could be hectic.
Stressful
LEAD PHOTOLAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Walkertown, NCApril 20, 2018
As a lead it was stress beyond imagining. I was going to school full time plus working more than 50 hours a week between two different departments in the store. The pharmacy is the least stressful area to work, if you could believe that.