ECM Transport, LLC Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Company wants you to make money!
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheswick, PAJune 11, 2018
ECM Transport was a great place to further my trucking career. The dispatchers really care about their drivers. They do the best they can to keep the wheels rolling to maximize income for their drivers. All OTR drivers get home every weekend unless they want to stay out to make more money. If a driver needs to get home on short notice, his travel agent will do his best to arrange it.
Pros
Good place to go to, but only if you want to work
Cons
Sometimes hard to get to a truck stop at Night, because you’re so busy
Good job if you like a lot of hours
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PAApril 24, 2018
It has been awhile since i worked there but still know guys that worked there when i did and they still like the company it really is a good company it's just for me at the time my kids were young and i did not like the long days.
Pros
job security
Cons
long work days and setting around
Zero planning no structure drivers dont matter to them
Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 15, 2018
They work you way more than you should be working they only pay straight time zero overtime sister company pitt dont haul anything heavy they have set start times ecm dont its whenever 10 hours off dont mean anything to them.pitt get paid ot and all other kind of bonuses and profit sharing ecm don't..Dispatch is a joke "Driver managers" they sit and wait to get told what to have you do which usually is waiting forever then its 2 to 3 hours away horriable planning ..equipment can be broke they dont worry about getting it fixed soon ur told keep a eye on it.No uniforms you destroy ur clothes and boots but pitt gets paud uniforms and boots
Pros
Zero
Cons
Zero
Fellow drivers are nice
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheswyck, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Generally good people to work with. The problem with the company in my opinion is that they show no loyalty to their drivers. Seniority means nothing. There is definitely a disconnect between management and Drivers. I had to take time off because of a medical issue and my FMLA ran out and I had to re-apply and start over from the beginning. I was there 3 and a half years and I lost all the benefits I had accrued to that point and start from scratch.
Its a job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington paOctober 30, 2017
Its a job management and dispatch are incompetent there is favoritism when loads are dispatched. Maintenance if u call it that is horrible. I had 1 pm in a year. Dispatch says no truck to put me in while it's being done
Pros
Steady pay
Cons
Hours are long
Long hours, Flat Pay, Careless dispatching
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoy long hours but being planned up for 14 hours on a day to day basis is frustrating. Not for the family man. No face to face interactions with dispatch at Columbus OH location (all in Pittsburgh).
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
No consideration for employees, often times left sitting for extended periods of time.
Just a body in the seat
Former driver (Former Employee) –  Meadowlands.paJune 28, 2017
The most terrible place I've ever worked as far as driver respect is concerned.they run you till you can't go anymore .if you need a day off.you have to use a vacation day and if you get sick .make sure it's on a weekend.there is very little communication between dispatchers.meaning they send 3 different drivers into a customer to get the same load..overall just a screwed up place to work. If you can deal with constant caos.then this is the place for you.
Pros
Decent wage ( no overtime )
Cons
Healthcare sucks, price goes up every year
Not the worst place by far.
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 17, 2016
If you want to work and get the hours, they will certainly work you!

If you want an actual life then you'll get less hours obviously.

Dispatchers aren't too bad. Majority is no touch freight. Pretty easy work considering all things.

Just like everywhere though, it has its moments for bad. At times, Ecm doesn't know what Pitt Ohio is doing and vice Versa. Can get frustrating but being paid hourly I'll wait for them to figure it out.
Pros
Raises. Flexibility. Not seniority based so much.
Cons
No overtime. Cluelessness at times from management.
OK job with fair amount of miles
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PADecember 14, 2014
The dispatch staff are very helpful and support drivers needs.

My time there company was lacking enough runs to give drivers enough miles.

A frustrating part of the job, at least when I was there, was the wait times between deliveries.

Along with the implementation of the QUALCOMM system. But with in about 8 months most of problems worked thru.

I have not been with ECM for about 4 years but believe things have improves all around.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Lack of miles
everyday
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Kensington,PAMarch 26, 2014
Unload and reload trucks and assist warehouse and other personnel as needed.
Pros
fun place and experience
Cons
none to my knowledge