ECMC Employee Reviews

Found 1,444 reviews matching the search See all 1,527 reviews
good work place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 27, 2018
must be thick skinned, quick paced, okay to deal with change call center extremely busy Insurance background helps my staff was amazing and worked very work together
Chill job
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 25, 2018
Not much was needed in the way of skill sets. Just needed a body present to make sure students were not stealing books. This gave me the opportunity to study while working.
Pros
Nice hours
Cons
No advancement
Sinking ship
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Greens point TxNovember 19, 2018
I was in the era of the company being bought mc3( investment in education group). was not happy of the treatment of how we cross over with no benefits. even if we had them previously. They were not honored.
the elderly's smiles
Terrace view intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 10, 2018
At ECMC, I was stationed at Terrace view, which is kind of like a nursing home. Here I did daily rotations of different aspects of the Hospital and acquired more information out more about the residents staying there in depth. I fed, played, wheeled, walked, and talked with the patients. My summer was spent extremely well thanks to them.
Amazing at first
Exec Admin Asst/Mktg Coord. (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MnNovember 8, 2018
The simplest way I can put it is that there are still plenty of good things about working there but there's a lot of sorting out/uncertainty that they're working through.
out of business
Program Director, Criminal Justice Studies (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91761November 2, 2018
Company was good when I worked there up until 2012. They became desperate after that and hurt their students as a result, promising potential students that the company was going to stay in business.
Wonderful Company
College Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. We were a small family in one building. Everything was fair here. I will never have what I had here. Great management who were there to make you successful.
Pros
Compensation, time off, Benefits
Cons
They closed
Have always loved the staff that works here.
Senior Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 25, 2018
A typical day starts 20 minutes before my shift. Assignments are made and staffing to pt ratios are adjusted to balance out work loads. Stock levels are checked and I meet briefly with the dept head and day shift senior. Through this, I've learned to think quickly in situations, prioritize what needs to be done, as well as answer any questions or concerns from the staff.
The goal is to always keep our customers comfortable , happy but most of all cared for with kindness and consideration.
The most difficult part in my current role is trying to find the balance as a staff therapist, as well as senior to keep everything running smoothly.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships I've made with fellow therapists, nurses and doctors. Also, the patients I've come to know over the years,who return frequently due to their disease process.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Poor work life balance, Pay is still below what others are making in the area
Verygood place to work.
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2018
I enjoyed teaching at Everest College. The atmosphere was upbeat,
positive, and generally happy. I was introduced to different cultures, but most of all I enjoyed being able to share my medical knowledge with the students.
Pros
Competetive salaries
Cons
Certain staff not pulling their weight.
Great place good benefits,Bad leadership
Sr Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2018
Working at Everest the job was easy the people you work with was good people who knew the job and work hard for the company to be successful also at time was a fun place work,but upper management the ones you do not see like the CEO,VP that lie to there hard worker who made a good company terrible with the bad decisions and greed is what caused the lay off of so many good works.
Positive work environment/Clear goals and expectations
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 19, 2018
The daily goals at work were very clear and made work enjoyable and easy going. You were held responsible for your particular work load. Assisting any new potential students, as well as aiding any student looking to move forward with the next steps, and keep in contact with any existing students that have already enrolled. The environment was a positive one. Management was clear and responsive to us, in regards to our particular performance and/or expectations.
Pros
no micro managing/ great pay
this was a temperary job i did not stay here long
Government work study program (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2018
I worked in the government work study program for extra money to help my family while I was attending college I did not stay there past graduation students are not allowed to stay after they have graduated their programs
Cons
Company has gone out of business
VA Certifying Official/Student Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 8, 2018
The company was so poorly run it has gone out of business.They are out of business, No need to review them they are out of business, Out of business, Out of business
Pros
they were good once
Cons
Out of business
I attended everest and graduated in 2010
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
My teacher was the greatest ever management had a high turnover rate and the school never assisted me in job search during or after my graduation at all.
Pros
Good teachers
Cons
High turnover rate
Good job bad location
Wage Garnishment Hearing Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNSeptember 30, 2018
The last CEO decided to move the company from Oakdale to downtown Minneapolis, no change to wages, just an hour commute, then he quit the company. Overall the job was good, though a lot of the company policies are somewhat questionable. Benefits were good, though the medical had really sucked in the past three years.
Great organization.
Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 29, 2018
I learned so much at this company. Not only were there great managers but plenty of room for advancement. They also offer tuition reimbursement and management training.
Good Organization
Academic Director (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 24, 2018
This was a great opportunity until our corporate office decided to change the President of the school. The new President had an agenda to change the process of selected nontraditional students. The Business program was dropped from the degree listings.
Pros
Offering a degree path to nontraditional students
Cons
Night care for children at the time
Out of business
Enroillment (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 24, 2018
The company is out of business because they too advantage of people who would never be able to finish a class successfully. This was done only to receive federal funding. This is why the company went out of business.
Not a positive review or experience collectively.
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 19, 2018
Corporate environment, competitive and profit driven not concern for student outcomes.
Unclear work rules, guidelines and protocol. Not many authentic workers or dedication to students wellbeing.
Pros
Pay and campus location.
Cons
Attention to image less about student success.
Not a positive experience working for this company.
Student Services Advisor/Laid Off (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 19, 2018
Extremely fast paced work environment. Clear nepotism and unreasonable expectations. Lack of sufficient training in management position. Lack of cooperation between staff.
Pros
Location. Pay
Cons
Unfair treatment towards some employees and support of peers and upper management.