ECMC Employee Reviews

Great place to be
Hospital Aide (current) (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 16, 2018
Fun friendly educated environmental I plan to stay there for a very long time my co workers are great staffing is unorganized managers and some RNs doesn’t speak to employees with diginity overall great place to retired I heard.
Pros
Great place of work
Cons
Managers and RNs treating you with respect
stressful job at nursing home
RN CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 2, 2018
very stressful job, lots of work place violence , no team work like it should be, over all the nursing home part of the company is a terrible place to work for. Most nurses who work there transfer to the hospital within one year.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short break
Lots of amazing people working here
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2018
If I hadn't been laid off, I'd still be there - lots of amazing and wonderful people who work there. There is some flux in the culture currently due to many changes over the past two years, but the benefits are great and the executive team is working on the culture part. I'd go work there again. :)
Pros
Personal Trainers!!
Good place
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJanuary 13, 2018
The company really cares about the workers. They provide excellent benefits and tools for the workers to be free of stress at work, such as yoga class, boxing class, and even a gym.
Pros
Management, benefits
Cons
opportunities
Loved working there. Disappointed it's over.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 9, 2017
Most managment seemed supportive when I mentioned that I wanted to advance in the company. I found many mentors and people willing to help. Due to the campuses closing, my position was eliminated. I will miss working there.
Pros
People, 401k, ample pto and paid holidays
Cons
Move to Mpls
Fun place to work
STUDENT LOAN COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNDecember 5, 2017
Fun place to work. Everyday was fun and competitive. ECMC always has great incentives and did a great job at motivating their employees. The base pay was not great but you had potential for huge bonuses. I would have stayed forever if they didn't relocate to Minneapolis.
A fun and loving place
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 10, 2017
I had fun and meet lots of new people, it was a great experience and I would and have recommended it to a friend. I loved seeing all those people, and it made my day to go to work and see everybody's faces.
Pros
free food, free health care, new friends
Cons
short hours
Ecmc
Certified Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 25, 2017
As a professional in both healthcare and staff management I find this hospital is very driven in "who you know gets you the higher paid jobs" while a more qualified person is overlooked. There are charge nurses and team leaders that have no to little management experience thrown into positions that are over their heads or understanding of how to lead a department. It is unfortunate because there are some very intelligent and competent employees who are driven and take pride in their work. This is a level 1 trauma hospital in WNY and as a community we take pride in that. The employees tends to be left to fend for themselves, the management rarely if ever stands behind their teams, and more often then not they will be so understaffed that the patients in clinics suffer for it along with the employees.
Pros
NYS Retirement system
Minimum effort required
Financial Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 20, 2017
Do the necessary then go home is what most of us did. There is no information sharing which makes work harder. The most enjoyable was meeting some good people.
ok
Cartier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 11, 2017
it was a ok job itf you want bad management and not so much friendly co workers then this is the job for you although pay was amazing it didn't compare to actually work
Super cool call-center with a game room!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MNAugust 31, 2017
So relaxed! This place- even though people were hanging up on you or yelling at you almost all day- let you chill out in a game room and a relaxing room.
Exciting and secure place to work
Rad Tech/CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 11, 2017
The typical work day is very busy and exciting, the skills I have learned from working there are great and have prepared me greatly for experiences ahead. The management were dedicated to their jobs and made sure you gained everything necessary to perform well on the job, for the most part the management were always easily approachable and would take time out with you when needed.
Workplace culture was caring and excellence in your profession.
Sometimes the hectic pace could be the hardest part of the job, but knowing you were part of the process to helping in giving the patient great care and helping to heal them was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
too much drama and politics
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 10, 2017
Job is dangerous and more like babysitting than therapy job, or social work. High Risk situations daily and RNs have all power in the hospital. Some staff is very good, other too preoccupied with their own drama !
benefits
Cons
job duties, violence in inpatient
Wonderful place to work, my favorite job
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 2, 2017
I loved the diversity of the people I worked with. I learned a lot of patience. management were great people, I learned a lot about Medical programs and insurance companies. I can't quite say what my favorite part was, maybe the people I worked with.
Pros
Cons
many
Student loan counselor
Student Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MinnesotaMay 22, 2017
Too many managers. Too concerned about themselves instead of their employees. Ever since we moved to Minneapolis the moral in the company has gone down.
Pros
Co workers free bus pass
Cons
Management. Health benefits change. Move downtown Minneapolis.
Changing Culture
Litigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 6, 2017
There have been many changes at ECMC, none of them have been good. The culture is not healthy, too many managers, lack of engagement and employees no longer feel valued.
Name of company is Education Credit Management Corporation
AP Analyst Sr (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 3, 2017
They have done a great job in purchasing Corinthian Colleges. they have worked very hard in establishing the campuses locations and endeavoring to have them become profitable. The hardest part of the job was the phasing out of the Santa Ana Office.
Great Co-Workers: not my preferred line of business
Student Loan Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 4, 2017
This was a summer job for me, met some great people and got to expert more group dynamics. This ultimately was not my field of study thus I did not pursue a job.
Very good hospital to work at
Peer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 4, 2017
Very nice people in this professional setting.

Excellent staff and work ethic.

Alot to learn daily and in the psychiatry department.

Staff is very well respected, alot of learning and development with your job duties.
Nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 26, 2016
Nice place to work u see every thing not just the elderly u will learn alot working there and many skills u will have it just so nice cause u see all walks of life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECMC. Our community is ready to answer.