ECMD, Inc. Employee Reviews

The kind of job you work to live, but it will eventually kill you
Store Sales territory Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2018
Greed, Greed and did I say Greed. This place only cares about its bottom line period. You can make ok money and if you like overtime. I did at first but doing this job well get to you because of how physical it is daily. For the amount of work you do you should be making double the wages.
Even if you like it, one day you will wake up and won’t be able to do it anymore because they over work you and are always short staffed. Your body is not made to do what they are asking for more than maybe a 5 year run. But their is nowhere to advance because they ave district and regional managers doing the same thing as you. Stocking stores all day the end. Promotion means company bit!h boy
Pros
Company car
Cons
No sick time, low wages, 401k is useless
Very unproffesional Management
Unit Crew member (Former Employee) –  Hearne, TXJune 15, 2018
If you dont know anybody that works here , dont even bother Applying, there is Lots of favoritism and lots of drug use at the workplace . If you work hard expect to do some ones else's job guaranteed . I don't recommend anyone to work here unless you Really,really need a job.
Pros
20 min breaks
Cons
Unqualified Supervisors, Lazy co workers, Favoritism
my day
Truck Driver Class (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCMay 16, 2018
i get called in or have a voicemail of my schdeule and i go to work my schdeuled loads i have no complaints. the life of the job is simple and low key its not a hard job to do
Ok temporary job
Distribution Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 3, 2018
Due to the new 10 hour days, down from 12, the pay does not meet the cost of living in the area. Some of the supervisors do not have the training required and are still being tasked to do things they have not been trained to do.
Over worked
Territory Sales/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2018
Lack of cooperation between the DC and the fulfillment. Never acquired a workable schedule that didn't involve 16 hour days. The people in management are awesome, the process is broken.
If you have a family look the other way
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 21, 2018
While the pay is excellent it does not out way family time. If you are a single man or woman this is the job for you if your trying to save money but if you have a wife and kids do not apply you will not see them. Another thing that sucks is you will sometimes get a call in the middle of the night saying your dispatch time has been changed so you have to try to get back to sleep after being awakened. It's also impossible to make plans for the weekend because your dispatch time can change in the blink of an eye.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Time away from home
Official response from ECMD, Inc.
April 16, 2018

ECMD understands the importance of a work-life balance. However, due to our business model, we are sometimes unable to avoid changing drivers’ schedules. Typically, drivers are home every other night (if all loads get completed as scheduled).
ECMD prides itself as being a great place to work. The company offers competitive pay and excellent benefits.
• New pay scale (starting rate of $25 per hour)
• $40 monthly cell phone allowance
• Fully paid health insurance for employee after 90 days
• 10 paid holidays
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Other benefits include access to dental, life and disability starting after 90 days
• 401k
• Quarterly Safety Bonus
• All overnight stays receive hotel expense
• Great equipment (curtain-side trailers) with a commitment to Safety

Good solid job
Building Materials Retail Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2018
Company takes care of their employees and provides all the tools for the job. Its hard work, overall a good job. Good benefits and fair pay, and flexible hours.
Good pay
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJanuary 4, 2018
Good pay, fast pace, new experience of a work place, good warehouse job if you looking for something to just start your career with. Always working so no breaks till lunch
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work harder than what you getting paid for
Productive and fun
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Jedburg, SCDecember 29, 2017
It was a excellent job, great work environment, and the management was more than super. I have nothing but high praise for the job and the crew. Excellent opportunity
Productive and Rapidly Growing company
Office Assistant then Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCDecember 21, 2017
I loved the work and atmosphere and learned an enormous amount of material in my time employed with the company. Great benefits and wonderful people for the most part at the corporate office. Plenty of work and always got my 40 hours a week, the warehouse positions often get 40-60 hours a week depending on location.
Hearne isn’t the place to work
Logistics loading crew (Former Employee) –  Hearne, TXOctober 17, 2017
DO NOT GO WORK HERE! I was recently let go with absolutely no explanation or reasoning. The shipping manager I reported to didn’t even get a direct answer. I was supposed to be full time after 90 days, well when the 90 days came they said I’d have to wait another 3 months. Needless to say 2 weeks before they had to do something he let me go. I also believe it’s because I actually talked to one of the corporate guys and realized they were getting over on me. The company is great, however the leadership in Hearne SUCKS! Don’t apply for the Loading position, you’ll never make full time and you’ll be stuck making under 200 a week
Pros
My shipping manager and the other guys in the warehouse were amazing
No comments
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TNOctober 1, 2017
Not much to say it's been a long time ago when I worked there but it was competitive and fast paced working but most days where different so was not too repetitive
Great place to work... Awesome leaders in the industry... Who care about their employees and doing the right thing...!!! Enjoyed working here.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2017
Awesome Team...
Great tools for Customers...
Technology... State of the Art...
Customer Service...
Logistics...Delivery systems...
Consistency in product quality...
Pros
Technology, Customer Service, Family atmosphere
Cons
Large organization, changes hard to implement timely as you may want.
Excellent place to work
District Manager- Three (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 14, 2017
Work on your own, nobody looking over your shoulder, fast paced. Heavy lifting is involved but the job is not hard. Company car is involved which helps out with keeping money in your pocket.
Constant changes
field representative (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCJuly 29, 2017
Management was increasingly adding the job description and changing duties. Changes were made often and they would often go back and forth on what was required.
Unprofessional managers
Forlift Operator (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SC 29483June 1, 2017
Managers are unprofessional. You never work a full 40 hours. The pay isnt that great. They have a terrible reputation. If call out one time, they tell you to get a doctors note and then fire you the next day via text messages.
Pros
Cons
Breaks, Managers
Great entry level job
Crew Worker (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 4, 2017
Overall great experience would not recommend it. Hard to plan family events around your schedule. Pay raises are hard to come by. It's an very physical job
priductive work place good money.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCNovember 17, 2016
lots of stops to many different locations. very good for a person who likes to be physical and move around the truck instead of just sitting. dispatch is very helpful.
Pros
free hotel stay for layover
Cons
trucks have no jake breaks
Driving Position Great
Driver, Roll back side curtains (Former Employee) –  Hearne, TXSeptember 26, 2016
I loved the work, and it wasn't too hard. I didn't mind staying over night a couple times a week. I would of stayed on with the company, but the hours wasn't consistent during the week. Other than that it was great.
Pros
Great
Cons
Hours
Not a team atmosphere
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hearne, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Hearne, Texas....the environment wasn't as I expected. Days expectations varied, not everyone was a team player. Loved working on the forklift.
Pros
Forklift
Cons
Team atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECMD, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.