Ecolab

United States2,398 reviews

Found 2,398 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,379 reviews
nalcochemicalterritorybalancepestsalevehicledivision

Good company

I traveled to a variety of locations daily to offer services and products, maintaining client relations while establishing new ones. Management is always accessible by making a phone call, and there is always help to reach out to if you're having issues. The schedule is as flexible as you make it. If you do your job well, you open more free time for yourself. However, if you cannot maintain the equipment you have for your customers, you will make your day harder and longer, leaving you less time for family and ultimately less commissions as you won't be selling so much as repairing. In a nutshell: Fair pay for fair work. The vehicles, however, were terrible. My company vehicle was always breaking down, and got me into multiple accidents. Avoid those transit connects at all costs. Overall, the company was great. It wasn't a good fit for me personally, but if you like earning commissions and having a sales driven environment while staying very active and mobile, it can be a very worthwhile career.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, commissions, 401K, healthcare and insurance

Cons

Always on call for your area, sales driven even after you hit your commissions goals, terrible company vehicle options

November 28, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide a safe environment with equipment that meets the needs of our associates and customers. We take your feedback seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

I have worked here for 11 year and have enjoyed most of my time their could be some more guidance around growth for people coming into the field but overall it's a good job to have and grow into

Pros

Pay, benefits, perks

Cons

Potential to work a

Ecolab insights

Based on 1,178 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Good company with strong community impact and great work culture

Ecolab has a significant impact on the world, with strong company values regarding sustainability and community improvement. At the same time, company culture is very inclusive, humble, and helpful. The work isn't necessarily always flashy, but it feels meaningful. Being so large, there is decent opportunity to move around in the company. Compensation is fair, but benefits are good.

It's a great job very hands on and customer appreciate you

It's a great job. The company over all lacks in communication and your treated like a number. When you reach out to HR they never reach back. Your manager cares more about money made in your area and training is not enough. The older veterans in the job have left due to changes that make it unpleasant to work for ecolab. Big company with no structure.

Pros

Making customers happy

Cons

No communication

It’s an OK place

I have worked for Ecolab for a few years and have been through changes the company has made- good and bad. The Territory Manager now gets paid hourly, so it’s good we get paid for the work we actually do when covering other areas. The budgets are not achievable at all, 25-30%. I get reports from managers and no one is nearly making budget, off by 10-15%. Making budget is important as it is part of your pay. Also, Ecolab claims that we have a voice here, but we really don’t. I guarantee that there will be an auto generated comment to this posting asking me to contact my HR business partner or manager. I have contacted them, and get the same response “we can’t do anything to adjust budgets, it all corporate level”. These corporate leveled people need to actually see what it’s like in the field.

Benefits

Cons

Alot of work hours to pay bills

No work life balance

If you like constant work with no life balance, then this is the place for you. Great benefits and above average pay but they run you in the ground. S

The Good Ole Days

From what I’ve heard this used to be a great place to work. Not so much anymore with the change of structure. Pay is low for the job and skills necessary, bonus structure is unachievable, and the amount of hours needed to work to pay the bills is ridiculous.

June 29, 2022
Thank you for reaching out. Please connect with your HR business partner to discuss your concerns.

Make OK money, but at a cost.

Having over 100 customers that I would contractually have to visit [a minimum of] once per month to perform preventative maintenance and/or address other pest issues as they arose. As such, I operated similarly as how one would run their own business; but under Ecolab protocols, their business license, and their supplying of all the equipment and products needed to perform the functions (including work truck, cell phone, etc.) I enjoyed visiting the many customers regularly, building strong professional relationships, and providing a worthwhile service. The hardest part is needing to respond to additional work requests within a specified time frame as compelled by the various contracts of high-profile accounts/customer expectations. Many factors may contribute to differing experiences, but overall - it can be a rather challenging job especially seasonally when pest pressure increases and management offers minimal support; yet there will only ever be 24 hours in a day.

Pros

Competitive wages, good benefits, write/work your own schedule, safety focused

Cons

Lack of leadership, lack of support, almost no advancement opportunities, almost no work-life balance, unconventional pay structure

June 29, 2022
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your review.

Overworked a good amount

Horrible management experience. Never really given opportunities to succeed. Management didn’t care to replace understaffed team which led to overworking with everyone. They just care about getting work done no matter how long it takes

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback.

Always someone available to assist if assistance is needed. Poor IT response

Constant meetings. Lots of travel arrangements. Great team building events and activities. Approachable management team members. The hardest part of the job was getting receipts and documents needed to reconcile expenses.

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

High expectations. Must make budgets.

It’s all about making and exceeding your budget. You have to be very organized. Must learn many different custom forms. Benefits are very good. Willing to work long shifts.

Good benefits

Lack of employees Lack of pay Lack of communication with management Great benefits Great coworkers Very strict If you come in not working hard they will get rid of you

Good hours

Good hours, good benefits, room for advancement. Work schedule is fair. Good safety. Only negative is all the micromanagement involved. Always feeling like you’re going to be told something.

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Tons of advancement for some, not for others.

I've worked at Ecolab for ~7 years now, including a 9 month stint as a contractor. The supply chain and plant aspect of it is brutal, with high demand and little to no appreciation given to the quality department.Very few people from this department advanced or found other jobs at Ecolab. You have one person that rose the ranks relatively quickly, and the rest either had to stick around 5 years for some form of advancement or they left. Other departments get routine promotions every two years. All of this while having a terrible work culture and poor work life balanceNow at the R&D side I see the work life balance is a hard swing in the other direction. You barely have to do any work. Advancement is still much more based on your manager or ability to get yourself into the eyes of others than it is performance. I feel like there should be room for both avenues myself but what can you do.With this work life balance you get the decreased pay to go along with it. Mind you most are salary so it isn't a matter of how much work you actually do, but it's a pretty well known perception that if you leave Ecolab you'll probably make 20-30% more doing the same thing.COVID allowed for the new hybrid 60% in office 40% WFH schedule which is good, but dragging people back in when there's no need feels silly with the current state of gas prices.Anyway, not bad place to work to get some experience. If you have the work ethic and you're not in Quality there's a decent chance you'll get some food experience to take elsewhere and make the money you deserve. If you're lazy you might get -

Pros

Good work to life balance.

Cons

Poor pay, cliquey advancement, success depends so much on managers and where you start.

June 21, 2022
This is helpful feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

Honest Feedback~ Bad Employer

It is true " they will give anyone a chance" However, even those candidates will find out quickly, that the job descriptions posted are lacking a litany of expectations. They are completely unorganized and managers in the field are not bright at all. My experience: Easily the worst Job experience ever. Even with 2 week's notice they behaved like a vindictive ex.,.

June 14, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your review.

Just know..

Please don’t come expecting to thrive and advance. If you come in at the bottom of the Totem Pole, Thats where you’ll stay. You will learn different tasks and duties along the way but that is mainly because the place is short staffed more often than not. Management doesn’t engage in individual morale practices, therefore as a whole the morale will always be very low. Not a bad place to work, That is if you like the idea of being stagnant and don't have any plans of moving up the latter. This place is what i call a “Bridge Job”. Only utilize it to gain the experience and take advantage of employment opportunities elsewhere!!

Challenging work

As a FRS territory rep, you are a driver, a food safety expert, and technician. Expect to be busy. Expect a decent amount of traveling. Also, You don’t get paid for driving, unless your drive time exceeds an hour. This role is underpaid, especially for California employees. The biggest reward of the job is meeting new people and helping each customer improve food safety, sanitation, and fixing/maintaining equipment. Great benefits but healthcare is expensive. If Ecolab increased the pay, it would be a great job.

June 14, 2022
Thank you for reaching out. We encourage you to share your concerns with your manager or HR business partner.

Job No longer exists

Once the top performing segment. Now seems like they would rather sell it off. All service / sales employees are now hourly. Companay cars and allowances have been eliminated.

June 7, 2022

Production technician ll

You will work 7 daysThey hire anybody & have a high turnover rate.They have fires, bomb threats, leaks & will work you too death. It’s not climate control

Benefits

Cons

It’s like high school & upper management are petty

Good if you know the right people

Ecolab is a great company if you know the right people who will help you advance. I have seen many talented people leave simply because they didnt know the right people and got tired of being over looked

June 7, 2022

Work in Greensboro not Winston Salem

Work in Greensboro not Winston Salem. From beginning I knew it should’ve started job searching again when I first took this job.I wanted to prove to myself that I can make it at this company and I did.With determination I did make it and everything was against me from the get-go.Age, weight, no respect for Veterans. The facility is outdated. An incredible amount of dust and debris on the floor. Building in disrepair,No air conditioning or heat in the winter in the main warehouse except for the break room…Air quality is not great once again dust and debris.The Inventory is horrible due to problems with the RF system they use..Overtime is available… just don’t expect to work a 5 day week. Prepare for 6.If they make some major changes with management and administration over there it could be a great place to work. Change the Culture… it’s 2022 not 1950

May 31, 2022

Common questions about Ecolab

Answered by current and former employees at Ecolab

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight