Ecolab Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 904 reviews matching the search See all 1,231 reviews
Make as much as you want.
Pest Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaSeptember 24, 2018
Overall good experience. Great benefits, make as much as you want most average between 50k to 70k i cleared 90k one year since I put the work in. If your not scared to work hard you can make a good life for yourself.
Nice coworkers
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 20, 2018
Meet some good hard working group of guys.management was a big part of resigning.promotion was given on a bias basis. It's not what you know, but who you know and rub elbows with will dictate your career advancement in the company. Had fun working for ecolab and enjoyed servicing there customer.management needs to focus more on developing and listen to there employees in creating a better work life balance.
Pros
Take home truck, cell phone
Cons
Always working
Tough company to get into...
Sr. IT Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 20, 2018
...but well worth it if you do.

Company is very balanced and well run. Each division has their own goals and that is dependent on the business unit. When you join Ecolab, chose the division that works for you.
cancer cancer cancer
Shipping warehouse (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 19, 2018
If you work here you will be working with cancer causing cemicals on the daily basis. The pay is not worth the risk. my time there many workers got cancer and some died from it.. stay away. Ecolab is i major risk to the enviroment of the entire world!!!
Overall a great place to work.
Logistic Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Everyone was friendly and very helpful and easily to work with on a daily basis. Like normal on a morning shift things were down at first til that first break than things were great afterwards.
Exterminator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 15, 2018
Long hours, lots of traveling. Had very little time off, worked mostly nights. Work days tended to be 12 to 16 hours a day. Salary based pay, plus commission.
Cons
i would work there again
Service Sales Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 14, 2018
start your day by home office work,then start your route and plan to see 6 to8 customers a day,sales ,cold call 2 customers a day.hardest part was with tech support with issues and equipment.
Pros
paid lunches, great benifits
Cons
work to many hours
I don't have any.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 13, 2018
There is no time to have fun at the work area, because we have to work through the shift. The management is not being fair to the contractor and I am a hard worker and I 'd like to be treated equally.
Pros
N/a
Cons
short breaks, and no pay lunch.
Enjoyed working for the customers
Pesticide Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 11, 2018
It was great to provide a service for the customers that was in need. It is important to me to provide great service to customers. Commercial account were serviced not just during the day and at night.
September 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.

Numbers rule your existence
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  SouthSeptember 11, 2018
Stressful place to work - Numbers rule your existence. Growth is the key to a good stock price and management takes this very seriously. You do have the autonomy to succeed or fail on your own, with little management input or extra training. No Excuses...ever.
Pros
Networking with other divisions is always a competitive advantage
Cons
Stress
September 12, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We're always looking for ways to improve the employee experience, and we appreciate your feedback.

Want to know more about Ecolab?

Ask a question
good company to work for
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 8, 2018
unfortunately the job moved to MN I enjoyed the inside and outside customer service. Were always different contests and was always busy. I was in the Daydots division.
September 12, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Food Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2018
No micro managing here. Good pay and benefits. Extensive training and tools to complete work assignments. Travel involved-includes corporate car with a corporate credit card for company expenses. You have to be willing to relocate for career advancement in most cases.
September 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.

Favrotizm in place , you are just a number no dignity !
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  NJ - NY areaSeptember 3, 2018
You are just a line of number for upper management. Favoritizm in place. If you want to get promoted you need forget about it. If you are not close friend with Area manager you wont get promoted. This is happens everytime there is new area manager in place.
Pros
Free company car
Cons
Work hours, push month sales budgets, salesforce projects, weekend covrage ( unpaid )
September 12, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review. Please know we understand the important role that managers play in the employee experience and are actively working to expand our manager training. We appreciate your feedback and take it seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

full time work
CTC Specialist (Customer Service) (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 1, 2018
A typical day is taking back-to-back inbound calls helping people with their dish machine issues, printer issues, placing orders for products needed, and doing credits and rebills and returns for their desired products.

I learned how to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with lots of different and difficult people, and multitask efficiently.

Management was poor. They kept increasing our duties without pay raises and no extra time to complete the tasks. Things became more and more micromanaged to the point where we got talked to if we took too long to use the bathroom.

The hardest part about the job was the pressure to perform perfectly in a fast-paced environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job was a few of the co-workers I worked with.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
September 12, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Please know we are committed to encouraging a fulfilling and meaningful career for our employees. We understand the important role that managers play in the employee experience, and we’re actively working to expand our manager training. We recognize we can always improve, and we welcome your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

OK place to work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 1, 2018
Benefits are great as it is a $14 billion company; Work/Life balance nonexistent; Pay too low for work completed. Company changed commission policy at the beginning of 2017 and it caused serve issues.
September 12, 2018

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. We recognize we can always improve, and we welcome your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2018
Sales and service. 75% service 25% sales
Worked on your own and on your on time schedule..
Company car---
Good vacation time----
Holiday time....
vacation
Good Place to work
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 29, 2018
Ecolab gave me an opportunity to demonstrate my leadership skills. I lead a team of 10 people. I enjoyed working there. They closed this division out of this area.
Pros
Gave me an opportunity
Cons
Closed
Territory manager
Territory manager (Current Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 28, 2018
Gas/ phone allowance is not enough although they are slowly raising it, the pay system is not good. The amount of work necessary to gain 100k in new business isn’t even close to fair compensation when you factor in all the time and work being put in to install that new business, losing accounts you have no control of due to corporate not caring. Weekend coverage, suffering from taking time off, its not really a paid vacation as you lose a week in the field and thus lose money in direct sales, very confusing pay system and constantly having to check if you’re being paid fairly, company expects you to fill your entire home with Ecolab equipment, parts being put on freeze every 2-3 months for basically no reason; this puts extreme stress and pressure on you to find the specific part necessary for the fix, customers expect you to work miracles after you repeatedly inform them that a piece of equipment isn’t working right on their customer owned machine, training didn’t prepare me sufficiently to take over. Equipment Ecolab provides often fails immediately and you spend even more time reinstalling lemon equipment. My manager is the best thing about this company and genuinely cares about all of us succeeding and doing well.
Pros
Some good customers, I really like my boss; always willing to help and extremely supportive, autonomy, little micromanagement, company vehicle
Cons
Pay, weekend coverage, obnoxious lazy cheap customers, horrible communication, way too much focus on unrealistic sales, favoritism is rampant.
Terrible
Tm (Former Employee) –  Santa ana , CAAugust 26, 2018
Good paying job but you work too much. Management only cares about sales and not about your personal time. They would let you work all day and night not caring if you even rest if you are salary.
Great Company
Sales Service Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 21, 2018
Ecolab is a great company and there are many ways to advance your career there. The company is extremely large and you will be sure to advance yourself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

73out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ecolab.

Powered by Comparably