Ecolab Employee Reviews

Found 973 reviews matching the search See all 1,307 reviews
A Soul Sucking Experience
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 14, 2018
Ecolab is a company going through a lot of change. There is intense pressure to execute on large scale projects with very little resources. Most of these projects are generated by Ecolab's lack of processes and poor quality.
Pros
Smart People
Cons
Little support, No emphasis on career development, No true leadership.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 14, 2018
I worked a 24/7 schedule. Ecolab offered good pay, and excellent benefits, Some mandatory overtime. Union environment was easy to work with. 12 hour night shifts made it difficult for me to adjust my sleep.
productive and knowledgeable
Extrusion Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2018
the job was very helpful. and it allowed me to learn how to run the machine from top to bottom. my co-workers was always helpful and always worked together.
Pros
new experience
Cons
i was working through an temp service
They full train you on any position.
Mixer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 12, 2018
You start with a quick morning meeting of the day ahead. You learn what needs to be done for the day. you work as a team. You communicate with team leaders on the certain job. They help if there is a issue they find a way to fix it. you get three breaks one of them is a half hour lunch. they also ask if you can stay late for overtime or work Saturday.
Pros
Many special events at or outside of work. non strenuous.
Cons
It can be stressful at times..
Great company
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2018
The company is fantastic but recent Manager changes made the position dreadful after a while. I regret the changes because I would still be working for the company.
Pros
Great Company
November 14, 2018

We appreciate your review and take it seriously, as it helps us consider how we can improve the employee experience.

First Class Products
Master Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 10, 2018
Nobody can compete with an Ecolab chemical program if it is presented correctly. We are not the cheapest but we provide the best results and the best overall value. It has been fun being able to match my excellent customer service skills with the quality of Ecolab's products. It has been the formula for my success
Pros
Best products and services in the industry
Cons
We can be overburdened with responsibilities that do not relate to personal income growth
November 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Your work is important to us and we appreciate your ongoing impact and willingness to take on meaningful challenges.

Excellent Company
Assistant, Writer for Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 10, 2018
I began my career at Ecolab working for the Executive Vice President of Marketing. After a few short years, I was offered the position of supporting the Chief Executive Officer of this International Corporation.

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Innovative company with a great culture and long term strategy
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 8, 2018
Ecolab is an unbelievable place to gain fortune 500 experience in any function be it marketing, sales, finance, or supply chain. You really learn what it takes to operate a global business. With that, it moves slow. Sometimes you feel like you're spinning your wheels in a job, or while looking to advance.
November 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. We welcome your feedback and we're always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

Ecolab
Customer Master Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 7, 2018
High turnover rate, but good solid work if you try your best. Opportunity for growth within the company, but it's best to have a career goal so they can point you in the correct direction.

Excellent Company
Lead Credit Specalist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 7, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a career. I was planning on working until I retired and would have if they would not have decided to relocate our officez.
November 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the impact you made.

Great location
Global Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 6, 2018
Overall it was good work place with friendly staff, a lot of affordable food places and trucks, public transportation is also available the only main issue was the parking
Pros
a lot of affordably food near by
Cons
No parking
November 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback.

Hostile Fast Pace Environment
Assembly ll (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 5, 2018
The best thing to do is to come to work, do what you suppose to do or they ask you to do, and go home. You have no friends there. People will stab you in the back for no reason at all.
Pros
Days off
Cons
The hostile work environment
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. We encourage you to share your concerns with your manager or HR partner.

Very stressful
SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 5, 2018
It was hard to balance your sleep schedule with my position. There was a lot of traveling involved that never compensated at the time. I'm aware they have changed now. If you're good at planning your time and don't mind the day/night work and always being on call, this role may be good for you. The benefits and insurance were great. You are self managed and most of the time the customers face to the company. Building rapport with them is key to success here. The direct deposit was a plus as well. It was nice to drive the company vehicle home, and not have to worry about driving your personal vehicle to the "office" The company has many fields, and I have to say was the best in the industry with relation to the products and field support.
Pros
Company vehicle and phone, per Diem for travel expenses, very structured
Cons
Conflicting hours with your personal time, and time away from home at times
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your impact and willingness to take on meaningful challenges.

Work Hard
Pest Elimination Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2018
This Company overall is a good company to work for, For me it did not work out because I was very sensitive to the products used.If You are a person that can handle long overnight hours and strong chemicals, this job will work for you.

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Ecolab is a great company
SR. Infrastructure Analyst / SR. SERVICE DESK (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 2, 2018
There are so many opportunities to learn. The issue is with other employees who refuse to carry their weight. Also, when an associate leaves, they want you to pick up the slack instead of hiring someone new or giving you a raise.
Pros
Weight room and cafeteria on site
Cons
Long hours, low pay, and underappreciated.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. We welcome your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience. We encourage you to share your concerns with your manager or HR partner.

Great company
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  NJNovember 1, 2018
I was there for 3 years and would recommend anyone to apply and join. Good company, good management, it can be a grind sometimes but as long you get the job done, you’ll be left alone. The company is leading the way to a cleaner world
November 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.

Loved what I did.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 31, 2018
Ecolab used to be "Make your numbers and all is good". Not the best policy I know, but you knew were you stood. Now nobody is safe and managers and protected by HR to do what ever they want to do. Went to HR with discrimination complaint on my Manager for sending $350,000 worth of sales in my territory to other TMs. Mainly corportate accounts split between a TM and DSDM. The evidence of that was non questionalbe. This was 2 weeks before i got terminated for customer complaints. Wonder if I had an attitude. No they were made up.
Pros
Decent starting pay. Fun job.
Cons
You guessed it. No one has your back.
November 7, 2018

We appreciate your review as we consider how we can improve the employee experience. We value doing what is right and take ethical concerns very seriously. We provide a variety of avenues for current and former employees to confidentially share concerns such as this so that they can be investigated. Reporting options are provided in the Ecolab Code of Conduct (http://www.ecolab.com/pages/code-of-conduct). Please feel free to connect with us directly at GlobalCompliance@Ecolab.com regarding your specific concerns so we can investigate further.

Awesome facility
LEAD INFASTRUCTURE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Eagan MnOctober 31, 2018
The Eagan facility has great amenities such as walking paths, fireplace in lunch room , on-site meal service, on-site health club, on site credit union.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.

People Oriented
Assistant District Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 30, 2018
Great benifits , training needs improvement. DM does not correlate what our goals and actions should be. Great training in St. Paul Minesota, but DM has no goals works on a day to day basis
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Training needs
October 31, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We value and support career development for all associates, and we provide a variety of programs and trainings to support associate development. Please consider reaching out to your manager or HR partner to discuss your concerns.

Produtive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant - Finance (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 30, 2018
There is a nice walking path around the building and Ecolab put in ping pong tables and bean bag area to enjoy on lunch hour and breaks. Hardest part of the job is managing all the different style people you interact with.
Pros
Ping pong table
Cons
sick day not enough
October 31, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight