Ecolab Employee Reviews

Found 1,120 reviews matching the search See all 1,545 reviews
Decent place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 15, 2019
The work to life balance is very skewed. The pay however, is great. The benefits were good. The management was a bit weak. The potential for advancement is almost non existent
January 16, 2019

This is helpful feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

Great organization
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Ramsey County, MNJanuary 13, 2019
Customer-oriented, team-based and very social culture. A lot of support for growth and development opportunities. Mission-driven and growth oriented business.

great place to work
State Certified Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Ecolab is a great place to work, they really take care of their employees and it is a family oriented culture. I only had an issue with a manager and I decided it would be best to part ways as it was an unhealthy experience.
January 16, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the important role that managers play in the employee experience, and we take your feedback seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

Okay place to work
Director, Strategic Growth Initiatives (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2019
I worked for Nalco Champion, which is a wonderful group of people. I was always less impressed with Ecolab Corporate. Ecolab did not appear to support Energy Services very well.
January 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback.

productive but some mixed personalities
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Roscoe IllinoisJanuary 11, 2019
to much mental abuse, and people being set up or stabbed in the back, too many lies,{by certain co workers},other than that a very good place to work.People that live in the same city that work and party together have a tendency to side together
January 16, 2019

Thank you for your review. Fostering a positive culture and employee experience is important to us, and we take your feedback seriously. We also provide a variety of avenues for current and former employees to confidentially share concerns so that they can be investigated. We encourage you to share your concerns via one of the reporting options in the Ecolab Code of Conduct (http://www.ecolab.com/pages/code-of-conduct).

Fun place with good culture
Senior FP&A Analyst - Marketing Finance (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 11, 2019
Good career development plan, managers care about you, work-life balance is great. A lot people stay with Ecolab for life long time, so you can tell it's a happy place for them.

great place to work
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 11, 2019
enjoyed going to work each and every day. The team in the call center was outstanding and fun to be a part of. it is unfortunate they left the Grand Forks area.
January 16, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Would not reccommend
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 9, 2019
No work life balance, never really able to take any time off. Short staffed almost all the time. High turnover rate, as new hires don't last very long.

Good Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 9, 2019
Very quiet - most people keep to themselves doing their work.
Due to this, the hardest part was getting to know people.

Most of the management has changed since I worked there.
Pros
Great location downtown St. Paul
Cons
Hard to get your foot in the door
January 16, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

As laid back as can be , but still get the work done
Maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 6, 2019
I've thoroughly been appreciative of my time at Ecolab, but the compensation package, benefits especially, has not kept pace with the rest of the job market in my area. Hence, I am looking for a higher paying job after having a great deal of time in with the company.
Pros
I've worked with a great team of people who really know how their job is to be done.
Cons
Several of the senior managers at my location make questionable decisions, compensation is well below market averages
January 9, 2019

Thank you for your review. We welcome your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience. We strive to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families and encourage you to share your concerns with your HR partner. We recognize we can always improve, and we’re committed to this work for the long term.

Excellent
ROUTE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 6, 2019
No worries great company. Great people culture and training. Always teaching training and giving more ways to be successful. Excellent quality of life.
January 9, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! Your work is important to us and we appreciate your ongoing impact and willingness to take on meaningful challenges.

Could’ve bee a great job
Operation Specialist lll (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJanuary 5, 2019
Nothing but a bunch of snakes I The Laurel area just be ready for lies and backstabbing from managuand HR.management will tell you they have your back and they are fighting for u but they fight agayyou and no advancements
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Backstabbing management and HR ain’t gonna help
January 9, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Ecolab is a good company to work for as a marketer, sales or R&D person
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 3, 2019
Ecolab as a company has a growth mindset. Its a good place to work for! Leadership is highly focused on setting and achieving high targets. Employees are overall happy and feel job security at this company.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
work like imbalance at times
January 9, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the impact you make.

Very good benefits
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 2, 2019
Drawback is being on call daily and one weekend every two months. Poor gas reimbursement for my position.
This is a publicly owned company that is driven by the shareholders
January 9, 2019

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback. We encourage you to share your concerns with your manager or HR partner if you have not already.

Logistics GIS Engineer - Not a place for ambitious people.
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJanuary 1, 2019
Not recommended for GIS development professionals.

1. It's challenging to work in the geospatial/GIS domain with Logistics GIS Mangement team from Naperville, IL.

2. The support is very limited for technologically driven individuals from Logistics GIS Mangement team of Naperville, IL, as they are old school and do not want to embrace change.

3. In addition, they hider your performance and growth by exacerbating the trivial issues and make them seem important.

Great for Logistics GIS support professionals

1. The work is mostly outsourced, so it would be easy if you want to manage what someone else has done.

2. Very laid back as GIS is not still a vital component of the company's functions. Usually, you'd get more time to complete smaller tasks.

3. Laidback company with good 401k and benefits.
Pros
free coffee.
January 9, 2019

Thank you for your review. We encourage you to connect with your manager or HR partner to discuss your concerns.

Ecolab Review
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 28, 2018
Don't expect this company to take you seriously or care or remedy the situation if you find yourself being sexually harassed by a coworker. Expect human resources to basically threaten you and put you in a room with the person responsible for the behavior.
January 2, 2019

We appreciate your feedback as we consider how we can improve the employee experience. We provide a variety of avenues for current and former employees to confidentially share concerns so that they can be investigated. We encourage you to share your concerns via one of the reporting options in the Ecolab Code of Conduct (http://www.ecolab.com/pages/code-of-conduct).

Great work balance
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2018
Collaborative, great VP. I was able to work independently, no supervision needed, and remotely. I would love to work there again if given the opportunity. My VP was very good at providing the necessary tools needed to perform my daily tasks.

Wouldn't waste my time
Administrative (Former Employee) –  NY-NJDecember 27, 2018
Overworked, everyone is stressed out most of the time. You do not get overtime so you better have your work done quickly. Your typical corporate office.
Cons
Overworked, Everyone is stressed
January 2, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.

old buiding with old equipment
Sr. Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INDecember 20, 2018
I was laid off after 9 weeks of employment due to reduction in workforce. The company was losing money and had to reduce the number of employees.I cannot provide a full review after only 9 weeks of employment.
December 26, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.

Ecolab is a good company
Senior Sales Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 17, 2018
Ecolab is a good company and will teach you to think for yourself and learn to work with others. The issue I have is that promotions are not always based on merit...sometimes it appears that promotion is based on gender and who you know.
December 21, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. An inclusive culture is really important to us, and we work hard to provide a variety of programs and trainings to support associate advancement. We encourage you to share your concerns with your manager or HR partner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight