Ecolab Culture reviews

Found 166 reviews matching the search See all 1,317 reviews
People Oriented
Assistant District Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 30, 2018
Great benifits , training needs improvement. DM does not correlate what our goals and actions should be. Great training in St. Paul Minesota, but DM has no goals works on a day to day basis
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Training needs
October 31, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We value and support career development for all associates, and we provide a variety of programs and trainings to support associate development. Please consider reaching out to your manager or HR partner to discuss your concerns.

Extremely fast paced environment
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 24, 2018
A typical day would be reviewing data modemed in from the field and entering it and making sure of its accuracy. I learned the importance of data and its accurate entry and the need for accurately retrieving that data for analysis and for report generation for customers. The workplace environment was extremely competitive. The hardest part of the job was staying sharp at the end of a 12 hour day.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Extremely long days
October 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback.

Busy but was a great company to work
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 10, 2018
My job at Ecolab was busy from the moment you walked in the door, however it was a great place to work. I met some really nice people and we had a collaborative environment sharing tips on how to best do our jobs. I was fortunate to have really great managers with a flexible work environment.
Pros
Good salary, worked independently, good benefits
Cons
Nowhere to advance
October 17, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.

Great coworkers
Pest Route Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2018
Its was great with all the coworkers. It would have been better in management had more contact with the workers and better communication. We should just have to ask our co workers questions.
October 10, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Good Company
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MA 02062October 7, 2018
Ecolab is a great place to work. It lacks the assistance that is needed to get the job completed. Management rely on you to call your fellow team mates, instead of knowing who is available to assist in customer support.
Daily work is enjoyable because you work independent of others and management. Assist customers with their pest issues and offer solutions to help maintain a pest free environment.
The culture is aggressive associates show no respect toward each other.
Its difficult talking to management to get things done when there is a lack of respect for experienced and seasoned professional.
October 10, 2018

We appreciate your review and take it seriously. We understand the important role that managers play in the employee experience. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR about your concerns.

Highly organized and great company to build professional experience
Finance Specialist and Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Roscoe IllinoisSeptember 26, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Ecolab. The people are very helpful and everyone understands their work ethics. Team work is key while I was at Ecolab. Very professional workplace.
October 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.

Good Position For Someone Who Has No Ambition To Advance
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 25, 2018
The culture has changed so much at Ecolab. I use to love going to work daily. A lot of micromanaging involved, constant roll outs, unpaid weekend coverage that you are required to be a part of once every month, unrealistic sales numbers and expectations and constantly being hassled about them daily. Too much reporting, too much to keep track of when you already have a territory over for 100+ customers to retain and keep happy, only to be told you must constantly acquire new business! Meanwhile, not reaping the monetary advantages due to such low payouts on the chemical sales. That's what the job of the outside sales specialist should entail, while this role should be focused on customer retention and advocating on a consultative needs-based approach, versus shoving unnecessary products down a customer's throat.

The job entails a lot of work and aggravation for 45-65k per year. When you break it down, your base is roughly 20k and the rest of the pay is relying upon estimated commissions made from chemical sales of accounts that you purchase. It's a real gamble to say the least. If the job was a guaranteed base of $45-55k and one was able to earn commissions on chemical and other related sales, this would be a great job making 6 figures--however, it is not. Since territories are only compromised of 6-7 associates and one district manager, growth opportunities are typically very limited and virtually non-existent. Once the learning gets stagnant and you are no longer challenged, you are stuck in that position for a very long time.
Pros
company supplied vehicle with gas card, ability to make your own schedule, work from home
Cons
unrealistic sales goals, excessive micro managing, unpaid weekend coverage, stagnant learning, little to no career advancement, no training programs with hands on experience, work life balance iffy
October 2, 2018

Thank you for your review. We understand the important role that managers play in the employee experience, and we’re actively working to expand our manager training. We also strive to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits that meet the needs of our associates and offer a variety of programs and training to support our associates in their development. We encourage you to connect with your manager or HR partner to discuss your concerns.

Numbers rule your existence
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  SouthSeptember 11, 2018
Stressful place to work - Numbers rule your existence. Growth is the key to a good stock price and management takes this very seriously. You do have the autonomy to succeed or fail on your own, with little management input or extra training. No Excuses...ever.
Pros
Networking with other divisions is always a competitive advantage
Cons
Stress
September 12, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We're always looking for ways to improve the employee experience, and we appreciate your feedback.

Good Place to work
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 29, 2018
Ecolab gave me an opportunity to demonstrate my leadership skills. I lead a team of 10 people. I enjoyed working there. They closed this division out of this area.
Pros
Gave me an opportunity
Cons
Closed
Very Good
Senior Safety, Health and Environmental Manager (Current Employee) –  Roscoe, ILAugust 21, 2018
Great place to work with outstanding individuals.Management team works well together and supports one another while driving forward the goals and objectives for the site.
great place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2018
great place to work, great bosses, great employess and teamwork and great benefits and promotes career advancement and great training and equipment provided as needed
i would,nt go back if they beg me to.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  rocton,IL.August 11, 2018
typical day at the lab was normal. you knew what you were going into.i learned a lot .about the easiest job I had, but management was a joke. you had supurvisors who had their favorvites, NOT FAIR. work place culture: you had the young generation who still lives at home and have ONLY BILLS " like cell phones car payments, insurance{car] BECAUSE they still live at HOME.hardest part of the job was 'DEALING WITH THE CRY BABIES" The most enjoyable part of working at the "LAB" was 2nd SHIFT.
Pros
working 2nd shift when i started
Cons
going to 1st shift
strong company culture, poor work life balance
Senior Sales Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 2, 2018
Strong emphasis on company culture and history, but was more backward looking than forward thinking. sales compensation lacked appropriate incentives to motivate high performance
Pros
great benefits
Cons
didn't understand how important employee motivation is to success.
My review
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 25, 2018
Busy days at work. Learned how to work well with other associates from different shifts. Management was ok. Workplace culture was more about safety. hardest part of the job was dealing with certain supervisors who took there role overboard and looked down on employees as if they are better than them. most enjoyable part was working with fellow coworkers.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Bad union representation
good place to work
Senior Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 6, 2018
A tlypical day of work is busy fast paced, I learned to manage work by priortizing multi-tasking, I like my workplace culture working in support of production by providing quality control service by making sure all products meet quality specifications.
Rigid
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 5, 2018
Company culture is very rigid and many of the employees have been there for many years.. There isn't much room for creativity or thinking outside the box. The normal workday is 8am-5pm, which is nice if you have a family.
Communication and Advancement
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2018
Currently there has been less communication for advancement and follow-up from senior management compared to previous years. The ultimate goal had become less clear and the work load has slowly been increased to the field associates. The work place culture has always been positive and encouraged. The most difficult objective to overcome in recent years has been the unclear requests from senior management to drive the overall goal and success at the field level. A typical day includes customer interaction, meetings, conflict resolution, time management adjustments for the managed team, specific/strategic sales metrics and planning for the sales team. Currently I work very closely with Human Resources on talent development and other key initiatives for the field.
Pros
Company vehicle, insurance, flexible work schedule, ability to grow income via sales growth
Cons
senior leadership communication, benefit package has declined
lead generator
Sr Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 18, 2018
Lead Generation Team was totally misaligned, management had no clue what to do. Total lack of direction, or support. This led to a lot of frustration and passive aggression among the team.
Ecolab has a great Workplace Culture.
Work Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 10, 2018
Ecolab has a great Workplace Culture and supports the employees with balancing work and personal life. They encourage personal growth with leadership and technical classes that assist with your professional job skills.
Good Company
Northeast District Manager - Chemical Sales (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAMay 29, 2018
Great Benefits, great culture and work environment and everything else was good. I liked working there until we were sold I do not have anything else to say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight