Ecolab Culture reviews

Found 195 reviews matching the search See all 1,555 reviews
great place to work
State Certified Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Ecolab is a great place to work, they really take care of their employees and it is a family oriented culture. I only had an issue with a manager and I decided it would be best to part ways as it was an unhealthy experience.
January 16, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the important role that managers play in the employee experience, and we take your feedback seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

Okay place to work
Director, Strategic Growth Initiatives (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2019
I worked for Nalco Champion, which is a wonderful group of people. I was always less impressed with Ecolab Corporate. Ecolab did not appear to support Energy Services very well.
January 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback.

great place to work
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 11, 2019
enjoyed going to work each and every day. The team in the call center was outstanding and fun to be a part of. it is unfortunate they left the Grand Forks area.
January 16, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Good Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 9, 2019
Very quiet - most people keep to themselves doing their work.
Due to this, the hardest part was getting to know people.

Most of the management has changed since I worked there.
Pros
Great location downtown St. Paul
Cons
Hard to get your foot in the door
January 16, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Excellent
ROUTE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 6, 2019
No worries great company. Great people culture and training. Always teaching training and giving more ways to be successful. Excellent quality of life.
January 9, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! Your work is important to us and we appreciate your ongoing impact and willingness to take on meaningful challenges.

Productive and engaging environment.
Senior Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076December 14, 2018
Ecolab cares about their employees as much as their customers. Constructive feedback and extensive training ensures you know what you're doing and that you're confident in helping others. Benefits are great, and the people and management that you interact with on a daily basis are very pleasant and helpful. For someone that worries about their performance and meeting business standards, I am at ease knowing I have so much support. They also frequently provide free food and host potlucks at least once a month!
December 21, 2018

Poor culture where friendship and family in house are more important
Logistics I Associate (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIDecember 13, 2018
Having worked here management, and associates are closely knit community where most are family outside, or have ongoing friendships that last years. The downside to this is when you're in a meeting with a manager stating that you're having a issue with a co-worker and they tell you that this person has been their friend/co-worker for 5 years or more and dismiss you because their friends are the target of concern. This is a good place to work if your friends, or family are already working here there is a bad culture of favoritism where only a select few individuals who are consistently picked for every "special" project takes place. When you bring a concern to your supervisors, and their first response is what did you do, or an outright refusal to investigate this is a quick revolving door, and I watched many tenured and short term employees disappear. The safety team would argue against itself over safety issues, and during my time a trainer left the company due to the bullying that was transpiring in the walls. After submitting a report regarding harassment through a hotline that was meant to protect me I was informed later that all investigations were eventually turned over to the company and this caused me to be the target of a very aware, and bitter management.
Pros
Heath breaks in summer, ice cream truck would come, decent pay, good amount of overtime available every month
Cons
short breaks, favortism, too many family/friends working closely together, inability to resolve problems in warehouse, safety issues that should have been reported were not getting reported properly.
December 21, 2018

We appreciate your feedback as we consider how we can improve the employee experience. We value doing what is right and take ethical and harassment concerns very seriously. We provide a variety of avenues for current and former employees to confidentially share concerns such as this so that they can be investigated. Reporting options are provided in the Ecolab Code of Conduct (http://www.ecolab.com/pages/code-of-conduct). Please feel free to connect with us directly at GlobalCompliance@Ecolab.com regarding your specific concerns so we can investigate further.

Stressful
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 13, 2018
cult like culture, many employees not happy with supervisors Irregular hours and hard to get your 40 hours a week. Very little training for this possition, felt like I was left on my own
December 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are always working to improve the employee experience, so we appreciate your feedback and take it seriously.

Great Company, Needs Job Culture Shift
CRM System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 26, 2018
There didn't seem to be a lot of work/life balance within Ecolab. If you wanted to take time off it felt like others on your team would judge you. Many managers that I encountered were just shuffled from one area to another, so they lacked the experience and knowledge of each group. This isn't good for the morale or the support the teams need.

Overall though the company is strong and will continue to be in the future. I could align myself with the company's goals and values but the overall culture hasn't shifted from the "lifers" that don't do change very well.
Pros
Above Average Benefits
Cons
Management, Culture
November 28, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.

People Oriented
Assistant District Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 30, 2018
Great benifits , training needs improvement. DM does not correlate what our goals and actions should be. Great training in St. Paul Minesota, but DM has no goals works on a day to day basis
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Training needs
October 31, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We value and support career development for all associates, and we provide a variety of programs and trainings to support associate development. Please consider reaching out to your manager or HR partner to discuss your concerns.

Extremely fast paced environment
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILOctober 24, 2018
A typical day would be reviewing data modemed in from the field and entering it and making sure of its accuracy. I learned the importance of data and its accurate entry and the need for accurately retrieving that data for analysis and for report generation for customers. The workplace environment was extremely competitive. The hardest part of the job was staying sharp at the end of a 12 hour day.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Extremely long days
October 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback.

Great coworkers
Pest Route Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2018
Its was great with all the coworkers. It would have been better in management had more contact with the workers and better communication. We should just have to ask our co workers questions.
October 10, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Good Company
Senior Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MA 02062October 7, 2018
Ecolab is a great place to work. It lacks the assistance that is needed to get the job completed. Management rely on you to call your fellow team mates, instead of knowing who is available to assist in customer support.
Daily work is enjoyable because you work independent of others and management. Assist customers with their pest issues and offer solutions to help maintain a pest free environment.
The culture is aggressive associates show no respect toward each other.
Its difficult talking to management to get things done when there is a lack of respect for experienced and seasoned professional.
October 10, 2018

We appreciate your review and take it seriously. We understand the important role that managers play in the employee experience. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR about your concerns.

I do not think that senior leadership understands the healthcare market enough to offer long-term value to hospital customers
GO-TO-MARKET STRATEGY & IMPLEMENTATION LEAD (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2018
It is a typical corporate environment. Senior leadership is not interested in innovative solutions that deliver real needed value to hospital customers. The structure and culture is such that they will lose all the people that are valuable to sales groups and customers. Nice people though I wish them luck.
Pros
Great folks in the Atlanta office, I hope they go somewhere they are valued.
Cons
Closed minded corporate environment, ignorant about the industries they're in.
Highly organized and great company to build professional experience
Finance Specialist and Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Roscoe IllinoisSeptember 26, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Ecolab. The people are very helpful and everyone understands their work ethics. Team work is key while I was at Ecolab. Very professional workplace.
October 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.

Good Position For Someone Who Has No Ambition To Advance
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 25, 2018
The culture has changed so much at Ecolab. I use to love going to work daily. A lot of micromanaging involved, constant roll outs, unpaid weekend coverage that you are required to be a part of once every month, unrealistic sales numbers and expectations and constantly being hassled about them daily. Too much reporting, too much to keep track of when you already have a territory over for 100+ customers to retain and keep happy, only to be told you must constantly acquire new business! Meanwhile, not reaping the monetary advantages due to such low payouts on the chemical sales. That's what the job of the outside sales specialist should entail, while this role should be focused on customer retention and advocating on a consultative needs-based approach, versus shoving unnecessary products down a customer's throat.

The job entails a lot of work and aggravation for 45-65k per year. When you break it down, your base is roughly 20k and the rest of the pay is relying upon estimated commissions made from chemical sales of accounts that you purchase. It's a real gamble to say the least. If the job was a guaranteed base of $45-55k and one was able to earn commissions on chemical and other related sales, this would be a great job making 6 figures--however, it is not. Since territories are only compromised of 6-7 associates and one district manager, growth opportunities are typically very limited and virtually non-existent. Once the learning gets stagnant and you are no longer challenged, you are stuck in that position for a very long time.
Pros
company supplied vehicle with gas card, ability to make your own schedule, work from home
Cons
unrealistic sales goals, excessive micro managing, unpaid weekend coverage, stagnant learning, little to no career advancement, no training programs with hands on experience, work life balance iffy
October 2, 2018

Thank you for your review. We understand the important role that managers play in the employee experience, and we’re actively working to expand our manager training. We also strive to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits that meet the needs of our associates and offer a variety of programs and training to support our associates in their development. We encourage you to connect with your manager or HR partner to discuss your concerns.

Numbers rule your existence
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  SouthSeptember 11, 2018
Stressful place to work - Numbers rule your existence. Growth is the key to a good stock price and management takes this very seriously. You do have the autonomy to succeed or fail on your own, with little management input or extra training. No Excuses...ever.
Pros
Networking with other divisions is always a competitive advantage
Cons
Stress
September 12, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We're always looking for ways to improve the employee experience, and we appreciate your feedback.

great place to work and lots of opportunity for advancement.
svsp (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJSeptember 7, 2018
enjoyed qoeforimg with all my associates. enjoy my customers. once a month meetings qnd equipment pickup was sufficient for training and communication.
Pros
no punch card
Cons
manhatt3n traffic
Very Good
Senior Safety, Health and Environmental Manager (Current Employee) –  Roscoe, ILAugust 21, 2018
Great place to work with outstanding individuals.Management team works well together and supports one another while driving forward the goals and objectives for the site.
A entry level position that has potential for growth in the company.
Service Specialist Trainee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2018
Thankful for the opportunity that i was giving to work within an excellent company. The staff was very helpful in assisting trainee's with the protocol.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ecolab.

Powered by Comparably