Econo Lodge Employee Reviews

It was a good job enjoyed it dependes on owner i assume
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, FLApril 20, 2019
I enjoyed my job my customers. I enjoyed my co workers and most my bosses overall this is a good place to work for I would like to work for another motel company
Horrible place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 20, 2019
Favoritism, racism, discrimination, and if you choose the housing, it’s used against you. I was hired in to do maintenance, but had to ask permission to fix anything. They didn’t want to spend any money to fix, or upgrade, which can be understood, but when you are asked to fix, and do not have the parts, or material, it’s a problem
Pros
On site housing
Cons
8pm curfew
Great place to learn how to do different maintenance jobs.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ILApril 18, 2019
Learned a lot. Had great hours. Got along with my boss. Not great on benefits. Work environment was decent. Was a good place to learn different tasks and types of construction work.
Pros
Very flexible work place
Cons
No benefits
The company was outstanding, and fair, caring for the staff, and working along side to get the job done
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAApril 15, 2019
A day was exciting, and innovative. I learn to work together as a team, and management does care about their staff. Leaving was hard, culture good,joy
Pros
Love the Management, and the people
Cons
No benefits or advancement
Stressful work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brookings, SDApril 12, 2019
Worked there for 9 months, the last two months were a nightmare. The new manager made me so stressed out because she nitpicked ever little thing we did and even when we did everything right, she still found something wrong. We were forced to stand for the entire shift and couldn't do anything other than work to occupy our time.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms.
Cons
Bad manager
We were told we can make a difference
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 11, 2019
Take advantage of your intelligence and intimidated by your brilliance
A typical day was great, I met awesome people from all over. one night stays to extended stays great people. We also served the best breakfast in town.
They say that the reason people always quit is because of management
Pros
Met people from all walks of life, awesome memories
Cons
leaving my coolest coworkers behind
Micro managed by owners.
Front Desk Clerk / office manager (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCApril 9, 2019
Worked at walterboro econo lodge 4 years and found the guests were all very kind and understanding. Hotel was micro managed by owners. Employees were bullied and threatened with hours cut for not doing extra work. No lunch breaks. Owners liked playing employees against each other. Was often told to lie to guests. If someone didn't show for shift owners made u stay over caz they didn't know how to chk people in or out. If you were sick they threatened your job if you didn't come in. I was told if I didn't come in while my father lie dying during a hurricane I'd be replaced. Had to pay money back from till if it was short from previous shift. They always thought we were stealing .
Pros
You had a job, guests were nice
Cons
No raises, micro managed, low pay, no concern for personal life.
Pretty good place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALApril 5, 2019
The management is great. They do have one manager that is not management material but everyone else is great. The work is fast paced with lots of physical demands. Only problem is the pay is only min. wage. Everyone works as a team.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Terrible pay
Productive and Fast Pace work envirnoment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDApril 5, 2019
It was a wonderful team of people to work with. Kept me busy at all times. My manager was awesome and was always willing to help the crew with major projects.
Pros
Fast Paced and a hour lunch break.
Cons
Hours are cut when business gets slow.
i dont recommend
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 1, 2019
Job Culture there is no pro management just like family or familiar people company
It’s ok.
Overnight Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hornell, NY 14843April 1, 2019
You get three hours of training and than they expect you to just do an eight hour shift by yourself. Management is eh. They don’t tell you if they are gonna change the schedule. They will just do it and than change it back and confuse you.

The pay is okay, no direct deposit though, you have to actually go to the work place and grab your check.

The night shift is slow and kind of boring. Not much to do.
Pros
Can eat when ever, discounts
Cons
No benefits, no retirement plan, schedule changes with out you know, 3 hours of training
Unorganized, way underpaid, expected to go out of town with no compensation
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOMarch 31, 2019
Bad environment. From the mold thats been covered up for years to the owner steel money from his own guests wrongfully fires employees and employs illegal aliens
Pros
You get discounts on rooms
Cons
Short lunch no breaks
fun easy going you meet new people and learn new things dealing with cleaning
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 29, 2019
a day at Econo Lodge well you get all the supplies you need so you can start your day so you can star cleaning your rooms if they have do not disturbed on the door that mean dont go in until they are gone.
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks
It was a fun and intresting job.. fot to learn many things.
Hotel Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJMarch 26, 2019
workes for 2 years at ecolodge..
Got to meet many new interesting poeple..
loved to help the guest and satisfying their needs..
As a front desk Receptionist you always need to smile and i think that was rhe best part of thw job smiling.
Pros
free breakfast, wifi
benefits
Poor company to work for
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIMarch 26, 2019
This job is under paid and over worked. They pay 4.62 a room. not even equivalent to minimum wage. There is a law suite going against them for unfair wages.
Pros
open breakfast bar. and good for students looking to earn cash
Cons
no breaks over worked
Sometimes good and sometime not
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 24, 2019
They changed managers 4 times while I worked there the front seat manager that hired me quit 3 days after I started the gm walked out the day after that I stayed so long because I needed a job and I made good money working there was hard
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Bad work environment
Productive and Easy
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dumfries, VAMarch 22, 2019
Easy Job and Very Professional Co-Workers and one the best job if you are still studying
Efficent hours with easy job load
Pros: Fast Paced
Sometimes can get slow
I am payed 11.00 an hour and I work in every field at Econo Lodge.
Maitenence manager/Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMarch 21, 2019
They complain about hours but they also complain for excessive hours. It’s a great environment and my crew is amazing, we just lack uniforms and professionalism. If it were up to me, I think we should get our pay raised because everything we do, it’s 100 percent, no slacking. We bust our bottoms for success and we have turned this place around. Our owners were going to sale it but we increased sales and we also remodeled the hotel.
I do love my job!
Front Desk Receptionist and Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Hurley, WIMarch 20, 2019
I absolutely love working for this franchise. I work about 32 hrs per week in the off season. I work a combination of front desk and night audit. I love night audit because I enjoy cleaning the lobby and making it welcoming for our guests. I am also looking forward to exciting changes at our location. My only issue is lack of traditional benefits (insurance, vacation, PTO). I can't speak for other econolodge franchises, but mine is great. My assistant GM is always willing to help and actually listens to her employees. My GM is doing a great job of improving our hotel and giving guests an excellent experience. If I could get a full 40 hour week, this would be my perfect job.
Pros
Great management, discounts on hotel stays, flexible schedule, great team of co workers
Cons
A slight lack of hours, no health insurance
Reliable Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 15, 2019
Housekeeping can get very stressful at times but only because you are given an allotted amount of time per room. Every room has to be done like a checkout unless the guest leaves personal items on the bed.