Econo Lodge Employee Reviews

Team work
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 20, 2018
Good place to work with hard working team members, Everyone helping each other, Fun to work at Econolodge. My manager understand everyone assigned fair work load.
Pros
Flexible schdule
Cons
Hard to get day off with short notice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 10, 2018
I was a housekeeper there and it was easy and at my own pace. Worked every day with weekends off. The owner is awesome and the laundry lady was awesome
Pros
Breaks
Manager is sexist and so much more
Front desk clerk (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 9, 2018
Manager plays favorites with male employees (they could literally get away with murder with him smh) he makes excuses to not have to give you a raise literally only recieved 1 in the 5 years of worki g here nd it only brought me up to making $7.50
sometimes pay is rough
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 8, 2018
Econolodge does not pay enough for anyone to survive. I am so far behind in my bills that it is sad. I will soon be 53 years old. I need a career that will give me paid vacations and a pension when I retire.
Pros
friendly manager
Cons
really no breaks
econolodge provided me with a job when I needed one
FRONT DESK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAApril 5, 2018
checking in customers, a lot were locals. The place is pretty seedy so I learned to not necessarly trust everyone. I enjoyed meeting new people. The hardest part of the job was the drug addicts that would check in and I would have to call the police when there was illedgal activities. Also, I didn't have enough towels to put in the rooms or extras to give to people. Manager could very hard to get a hold of.
Pros
I got a pay check
Cons
no room for advancement, unsatisfied customers, paychecks sometimes were not the correct amount
Needs Updated
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Triadelphia, WVApril 3, 2018
It is not the management that is bad there, the hotel needs updated. There are no benefits for housekeeping. The rooms need updated along with the equipment to clean rooms successfully.
Avoid at all costs..
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 25, 2018
If the door battery went dead or digital key maker died past 10pm we had no way to get the guests into their rooms. They leave us no master key and no tools to unscrew the door lock and change the batteries.

The owner is the only one at that point who can get doors open but you can't call or text them past 10pm or you will get written up.

Avoid working here like the plague. Especially working the front desk.
Cons
They are very cruel employers.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSMarch 25, 2018
When I did work there they made us clean rooms together so we wouldn't be there more than 3 hours. They would also use us to clean their apartment and wash there big pots and pans for their family events.
Its an OK place to work
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMarch 23, 2018
I am currently working for this company and I have truly enjoyed my time there. However, since my divorce, I have to look elsewhere for employment. I use to work the second shift (4 to 12) and some night shifts (12 to 8). I worked those shift cause it worked great with my kids being babysat by my neighbor when I wasn't home. The managers like to keep informed of your homelife if anything has to change that way they can tweak the schedule if need be. I always had a set schedule so I could set up doctor apps for my kids and myself. The thing that I don't like about this job is that fact there are no paid vacations, don't want to pay for overtime and no health insurance. In the beginning, I didn't mind having because I was married but once the divorce was final I cant afford health insurance of any kind. I'm paying out of pocket. I so enjoy the people and the guest that come in from other states and countries. The accents from around the world.
Great Coworkers and Environment
Overnight Auditor (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 22, 2018
Training was great. Coworkers were very helpful. You felt more like family than coworkers. General Manager was very understanding and helpful when it came to time off.
bad
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 13, 2018
they wont pay you overtime but have you work for strait pay. it took me 5 years to get 2 raises when it take a guy of their culture 2 days to get a raise..
Loved dealing with the public
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VAMarch 10, 2018
There are several job duties i accomplished as a front desk receptionist.....
Learned more skilla of Microsoft Office Software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access
I also greeted my customers
Booked and cancelled reservations
Followed up on Complaints
Dropped the night security deposit
Setup and cleaned up morning breakfast
Etc.....
Fantastic job for someone who likes to sit and not have strenuous work
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALMarch 9, 2018
Very slow paced and relaxed. Management was relaxed so log as work came first. Everyone was nice except for the random upset vacationer. 10/10 would take job again at that time of my life. Did not make enough but who ever does when the work is that light. Made friends and learned a lot of people skills.
Pros
Discounted rooms and lifelong customer relations
Cons
boring because you sit there when not busy
Productive and fun place to work with
Front Desk Receptionist, Food Worker (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 8, 2018
I only had night shifts which I enjoyed , but now i am looking for a day job as it can easily fit with my school curriculum. Its a great workplace to learn.
Pros
Cons
night shift
It was a fun relaxed place to work
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMMarch 6, 2018
I liked to work their eseocally if ur going to school good way to catch up also you meet allot of new and interesting people working at a hotel it's a very neet place to work
Pros
Sitting all day
Cons
Sitting all day
review
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 5, 2018
a typical day at work, okay enviroment, poor mangengment, i worked hard for very little pay, staff were friendly, rude people but i always had a smile either way
Fast paced stressful job
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COMarch 5, 2018
This job felt like 3 jobs in one. Besides working the front desk you had to oversee housekeeping and laundry. Clean and close the breakfast room, all while checking in and out the guest. There's hardly any down time because you're always running around doing something. Co-workers were kinda judgey even if you only even saw them during shift change.
Pros
discounts on hotels
Cons
Too stressful, too much work load
Productive work.Worked by myself a lot.
Econo Lodge Reservation Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 2, 2018
Need 2 people instead of just 1. Not any benefits.I enjoyed helping people have a nice place to stay.It was clean and I had compliments from guests about how happy they were to have clean rooms and comfortable place and reasonable prices.
Upselling rooms and best costumer service from me is what I enjoy at Econolodge
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 2, 2018
I enjoy greeting guests and accommodating them with requests. I really like upselling. I like my boss be proud of our team. So I train them to do the best when they have a guest in front of them and do an upsell.
Pros
points
Cons
work Sundays for 8 years
non inviting work environment
Associate at mobil on run Wakefield NH (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NHFebruary 26, 2018
very difficult to work with older employees, the manager is very stuck in his own ways little to no awareness of the world around him. ...........................