Econometrica, Inc.

Econometrica, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great environment to advance your skills
I have been with Econometrica for over four years. I have been challenged and have had many opportunities to advance my skillset.

This company tries to incorporate engagement activities for all employees.
A great place to learn and work with awesome people
Being at Econometrica almost for a year now, it’s been totally different journey for me in a very good way. I learn new stuff every day, not only from my project but also from my coworkers. As a tech nerd, I appreciate all my coworkers who talk with me about innovations and smart data solutions. I didn’t expect I could meet so many talent people at first, but they are truly are. I would say this one year experience has already brought my tech skill to a new level. Management is pretty open and transparent and always willing to listen, even though sometimes they might not have the power or authority to make change happen. It's a very caring environment, a great place to learn and work with awesome people.
Not challenging
Work was not challenging and a bit uninspiring. Goals were not clearly communicated to staff. The job just wasn't a good fit for me. So your experience may differ from mine.
Fast-paced, professional
i worked from home as a contractor on this one project, but I found my interactions with the staff be clear and professional. Staff was engaged and committed to producing accurate, high-quality outcomes
Do not recommend to any junior level employees
Management is a mess, as the existing ones are overwhelmed and the news ones have no idea what they are doing. Work availability is slim; therefore, junior levels are squeezed. Pay is below market rate and there is no clear career path. Staff morals is very low, and clear favoritism and nepotism does not help.
Pros
Health Benefit and Location
Cons
Pay, Work Culture, Management
Leave a review. Help people like you.
May Be OK for Those Who Like Consulting Work
Everyone was overworked. Most people stayed for 2 to 3 years. The management either didn't care or was too busy to care about its employees. But people got a chance to develop new skills as new contracts came up.
Pros
Free donuts every Friday
Cons
Bad work-life balance.
Talented work force, and easy to work with both work peers and management
Talented work force with many different skills. Daily environment is usually low key, and very easy to give input to senior managers and executives. Most enjoyable part of job is team efforts with people from different sections of the firm. Hardest part of job is pressure when we have hard deadlines, but usually we work together well.
Pros
Easy to bring issues to management
Cons
Really none
Busy workplace with low morale
Busy workplace with low morale. There is plenty of work, though it is clear that executives are tightening company belts. Communication is awful sometimes.
It was great working with knowledgeable people and quick to provide help when needed
My days in Gary In. where spent interviewing and evaluating the asset management personnel, attending info. sharing meetings and establishing a new work format for all to follow.
I learned to put all my ideas and thoughts in text form to be used as practices and procedures foe all to follow. The poor workplace culture had to be changed in order for the organization to prosper. Hardest part was having to replace people, best part was seeing the Gary Housing Authority go from 55-60% when I arrived to 98% when I completed my assignment.
Pros
Able to exercise my own ideas and put them into play.
Cons
frustration with the established culture and the difficulty to change it.
No Work
Did not get contracts so no I did not have enough work for eight hours each day. Management fighting caused stress. No upward mobility and no one cared about your growth.
Pros
Benefits - Health
Cons
Don't win contracts for work
This was a temporary job to accomplish a task. Task is complete but I will agree to perform other task should the opportunity arise. I enjoyed working from home in my own time.
Pros
work from home
Cons
I wasn't familiar with this type of work before now
Salaries are generally good and the benefits are reasonable but it is not the best place to work. Lack of structure and no loyalty.
The hours are flexible, salaries are good and benefits are reasonable. Given that it's a consulting firm, you may not be working on the same thing year-in year-out, which is good. However, there is very little structure in place - e.g. the CEO would bypass supervisors and approach lower level staff directly. Everyone is involved in writing proposals, in order to bring in more contracts, even if they're not familiar with the subject matter, don't have the required training or simply don't like writing them. A very high turnover rate in the last few years. There's no sense of loyalty and staff morale has the tendency to be low.
Pros
Salaries, benefits, nice location, flexible schedule.
Cons
Too many to mention
A great place to work
I worked for Econometrica at DOT for a number of years. It was a very enlightening experience. I would recommend Econometrica.
Summary
The worst place I ever worked at in my life. The CEO was cheap in paying his employees and the hours were very long throughout the year.
Econometrica is a great place to work, great team players
My days at Econometrica are very busy and productive, I manage the Contracts Department from cradle to grave i work in pricing, business proposals and every aspect of contracts management
My co-workers are simply the best.

I enjoy working on pricing.
Pros
Great location
Nice place to work
Everyone here was really kind and helpful. Teamwork was always the theme and there were only a few people who were too good to work with those "below" them. Great company though, family owned.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Econometrica, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Econometrica, Inc. Reviews by Location