ECPI University Employee Reviews

Long Classes -- Short Terms
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 17, 2019
The course I taught was 5 hours long, two days a week, but only for 5 total weeks. Though there were class sessions that seemed to linger, I did find the length of the class to be beneficial in the long run. There was plenty of time for interaction, discussion, assignment clarification, and in-class work. The pay is not the most ideal, but it was not horrible.
far more about money than about ethics
Instructor, Arts and Sciences (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 11, 2019
Poor management overall. Sketchy adherence to wage and hour laws makes one feel the job and employer are not legitimate and that faculty is not valued.
Having to keep one's hours on a webclock makes one feel one is being "watched."
Pros
work remotely
Cons
changes not communicated to faculty
Hired Guns
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  OnlineApril 8, 2019
It is a school made up of hired guns expected to act like full time faculty. If it wasn't for the 5 week courses no one would ever work here as they only pay 1700 a class, which the lowest I've ever seen. You are required to hold 2 full hours of online teaching in addition to all other online activities. Overall when the management was respectful things were fine but once a new chair came in it felt like ITT tech all over again.
Low pay, low stress
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCMarch 28, 2019
Seldom rewarding, no positive feedback from management and very low pay. This is a job you take when you have to work to pay the bills. Management is focused on sales techniques that were outdated 10 years ago
Pros
Cons
not a rewarding job in any way
Ok place to work
-Average Benefits
-Required to clock in/out
-Non Compete contract required
-Community office space
Pros
coworkers
Cons
non complete contract
Dont work here
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 4, 2019
Terrible place to work. I was there more than 5 years, never received a raise or an annual review. You will not only be a teacher, you will also be a sales person and it is your job to make sure your students pass.
Job is rewarding
Dental Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 11, 2019
The creation of a new department brings great joy to the creator. A greater than normal turnover of management decreases the ability to enjoy the hard work put in to create a successful department.
good company
LPN INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 11, 2019
this was a good company to work for. The schedule is put out well in advance and the students are ready to learn. They had no issues accommodating my schedule
Interactive environment with fun opportunities
EET Work Study (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 11, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of designing and 3D printing things as requested, then keeping an eye on the printers for error. If there was no error, then my day went pretty smoothly and was rather relaxing. If there was error, I fixed it.
Pros
Close variety of food
fun
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 30, 2019
conflicting expectations of employees toward helping students obtain educational goals. At times, management will not abide by college policy and will not support staff when holding students accountable toward college policies.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
contradict expectations as students progress through education program
I Did not accept another teaching contract because I felt my teaching ethics did not align with this organization.
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2019
This Company requires a noncompete clause to be signed to be considered for employment and I felt this companies ethics on Education and Teaching did not align with mine.
Tough to cover material in 5 weeks
EET and CIS Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 29, 2018
I love teaching, and I do teach a lot of different courses, which I enjoy, but the biggest challenge is covering all the material for a given course in five weeks.
Good way to get your foot in the door
IT Support Desk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 17, 2018
Good way to get your foot in the door. Love the people I work with.
Good management and opportunity for advancement, pay could be better and gives you time to think if this is a right fit. Learned a lot.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Great place to work, no advancement opportunities
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 13, 2018
I love working here and wish I could remain here, but there is no room for advancement. The work environment was calm and independent, but we did work collaboratively when necessary.
Good starting place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 1, 2018
I did my work study here. They worked with me and made sure school work came first. I appreciated the experience and if it paid more, I wouldn't have minded staying.
Love/Stressful
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 24, 2018
I love what I do as a faculty staff member, but the job can be very stressful and management can add to that stress. Having multiple changes and no warning until the last minute in the mode and expecting it to be incorporated. Leadership does not appear to value opinions of the staff members. As a whole I will say all departments work together to ensure the success and well being of the students. I do wish the company supported opportunity for advancement more for their employees, not just for management staff.
Pros
Helping students change their lives with education
Cons
Salary
Great Place
Nationally certified phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 23, 2018
I'm a student here, and it is very hard work. It does pay off in the long run. ECPI offers a cafe for eating needs. Also the teachers are amazing. It does take a month or so for new teachers to get a grasp of things. However, they always do.
Think twice
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 19, 2018
Great coworkers but there are downfalls to being employed here. I was on a contract through an agency... I was asked to apply, but wasn't chosen after given the impression I was the right fit. Management is Salary, so forget those paid hourly.

Raleigh NC
Nah
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 17, 2018
Just remember, at the end of the day you are your own advocate. Be sure you are trained the right way. You are easily replaceable. Great coworkers but some downfalls to job.
Intern position
PC Support Technician (Co-op / Internship) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 16, 2018
I was going to school over there and they had a position open for an intern at the school technology group so i was accepted along with 2 others and we worked in the NOC providing basic services to the school

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECPI University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight