ECPI University

ECPI University Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA22 reviews
Continuing my education with my mentor has been extremely beneficial, and the all around work culture has been more than satisfactory. Working in the location that encourages growth has helped me understand the importance of the work I do.
Detailed observations. Instructions to promote and energized each worker. Clean and wholesome. A sense of kindness and keen understanding of culture, gender and age.
Official response from ECPI University
December 12, 2019
Thank you for the kind words and we hope you can continue to enjoy your time with ECPI University.
Program Director was a racist, horrible leader, bully, lier, and so self absorbed she thought she owned the students. Many students were failing and she cooked the books so they passed and she was not in trouble.
This school is horribly abusive to students and staff! They take your money and don’t care the least about the education of the students ! They arbitrarily pass failing students because the program head has to keep her job. Half the students flunk out or quit due to the abusive culture. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!! I wouldn’t even give them one star. It’s scary how this company is permitted to operate!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Never get cost of living raises even after 5 years . Management does not care for employees. Have to purchase your own supplies like dry erasers and paper. Management is very unresponsive to complaints.
Student are wonderful. Not a lot of room for advancement. Schedules change every 5 terms, so it's a lot of getting used to adjusting sleeping patterns
not a long term job. management awful. pay is not great. i had to relocate so i was not there too long. started off good, then just fizzled out. employee turn over is rampant.
• Teach online Hybrid classes
• Responsible for managing course syllabus materials and select and compile tests

• Assignments of online discussion exercises that permit measurement of performance relative to standardized learning objectives

• Reviewing any textbook and other courseware changes with the academic department

• Teaching assigned class in accordance with learning objectives and session plan outlines specified by ECPI University

• Facilitate Class Instruction and evaluate student performance; administer evaluations of student performance based on course deliverables and course rubrics

• Collaborate with members of the business community to improve business programs

• Advise students on academic and vocational curricula, and on career issues
Not a bad place to work, but there is no advancement.
The work was fun and covered a large spectrum of IT work. Anywhere from printer jams, to Networking Buildings.
Worked as an administrative assistant.. it was an okay good job Not horrible, I was content. I just didn't like the hours, open 8am-9pm Mon-Thurs, 8am-5pm Fri, and 9am-4pm Sat.
Most co-workers were great to work with. Too much work to complete without a lot of help. More and more work piled on and no extra compensation for it.
Pros
Co-workers, students
Cons
Have to work holidays or days before or after holidays, black-out months where vacation not approved
First day I was placed into an extremely visible role with no training. Internal departments did not communicate with each other. Overall feeling that a lot of employees just didn't care.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Poor work/life balance. Lack of staffing, forced to work holidays, great deal of disorganization. One great aspect are excellent co-workers - they need to be appreciated more
Poor management which promotes high turn over. Not enough time to prepare for classes. Classes run every five weeks and there is no time to prepare for the next schedule. Management does not consider staff needs especially time to prepare.
Pros
Retreat
At the beginning I thought it was a great school. I learned a lot and refreshed a lot too. The most enjoyable times were or labs and hands on training. I am disappointed that after all the money I paid to go to school, I still havent been able to find a job in the medical field.
Pros
Learning
Cons
no job in field
Unhealthy environment (I am speaking of my dept. only). Poor management skills, people skills, and teaching skills. If things continue as they are, in less than 5 years, the program I was in won't be there anymore. I left after only 4 months.
Pros
Terrible people skills, teaching skills, management skills
Cons
Good pay, benefits.
Multitasking.
Learned to deal with students from different culture and background

My co worker thinks i am a team player.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with uncooperative student.

The most enjoyable part of my job is student ootcom
Teaching nursing students is challenging and rewarding. Didactic classes are standardized to improve student consistency in education. Clinical consists of field and simulation experiences.
Pros
being part of growing new nurses
Cons
poor communication with staff
Pleasant work environment/management/staff, however there is no room for advancement.
I worked for ECPI for a few years as an admissions advisor. They claim to not be a sales school but that is a lie. They give you unrealistic sales goals and overload you with tedious tasks. So sad that a company with so much potential to be great all around with students, faculty and good programs are losing good, quality people because they are cheap cheap cheap and treat their employees as if they are disposable. You will definitely feel unappreciated, you will feel bad for taking a day off because that's how they make you feel, and the list goes on and on. My favorite is that all of the upper management drive high end vehicles and still pay someone that works in accounting for 4 years $13.00 an hour. You're better off being stress free and working somewhere else. What I learned is that this is not an organization where you will feel valued for anything you do...they will take and use everything they can from you and still tell you at the end of the day that you're disposable. So if your looking for a quick job for a year while you figure out a career path then maybe ECPI is for you but don't expect for it to be anything more than that. One more thing, it's in writing that admissions has holidays off (memorial and labor day) but this is another lie. Your manager will get an email a week before the holiday monday from upper management saying "surprise admissions office is open on holiday monday". True story.
Pros
All other faculty except management, students
Cons
Poor management, benefits suck, salary is not comparable to other schools, you will feel used and abused, no growth or upward mobility
You have to be very dedicated and driven to work in a fast paced educational environment.