ECS Federal LLC Employee Reviews

Government Contracting
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2018
This was a call center environment where management did not allow for many bathroom breaks. I had to get doctor's note in order to go to bathroom. Not cool!
My 1 star is for better than no job at all
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2018
They have never given a raise in the 7 years I’ve worked here... not even a cost of living raise... if by labor law your position is due a raise... they will reclassify your job title so that you won’t get that raise... and never any bonuses or anything like that... not even at Chrismastime or end of year... another complaint is the healthcare plan... it is basically a joke, I’ve never had to come out of pocket so much while employed... but I guess it’s better than nothing... The program manager puts their friends in higher positions or for new hire positions, it’s ususally someone they know or are affiliated with... they don’t think it’s noticeable but it is. The only advantage to working here is that it’s better than no job at all.
Pros
40 hours per week and colleagues are friendly (for the most part).
Cons
Raises, promotions, bonuses, healthcare plan, Holiday party
The Epitome of Being Employed
Engineer (Former Employee) –  SCNovember 7, 2018
This company is awful!! Please proceed with caution!! I would’ve never guessed that their leadership would’ve been so hostile. I was received well by the friendly and knowledgeable recruiters; however, the deplorable, militant styled behavior of leadership is stressful!! If I wanted to join the military then I would’ve done so. Be aware!!!
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Poor leadership leads to stressful working conditions
Horrible
Computer Programmer IV (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2018
You will never get a raise and never get recognized for excellent work. The culture is a killer. Do Not Work for ECS. The hardest part of the job is coming to work.
Pros
Cons
pay vacation pay
Not organized, low pay
Manager (Current Employee) –  FairfaxOctober 4, 2018
Nice people, but don't value employees as much as you would think they should since they depend highly on them.Leadership doesn't plan or organize however they do expect execution.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
poor leadership
Great culture, but swallowed by a behemoth
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 2, 2018
ECS itself had a good work-life balance, supported employee's furthering their education, and had actively engaged senior leadership. The company was acquired about a year ago, and it's left everyone feeling a bit lost. Compensation is fair, but health insurance isn't great.
Pros
Amazing, fantastic EXTRAORDINARY team
Cons
Fairly terrible health insurance and REALLY terrible leave accrual (combined sick and PTO, and scanty is putting it kindly)
N/a
Classified Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAOctober 1, 2018
his job was bad, the pay was eh for where it was located, but other than that I have nothing else to say, an that I'm just typing random stuff to reach the minimum.
Good Company
Technical Writer/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 30, 2018
Lots of government contracts that this company has. Rating Best Company to work for a few years back. Seems to encourage diversity hiring. I would encourage others to work here
No Other Choice Job
Customer Support Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38166September 21, 2018
Terrible benefits and management in Memphis. No raises. Option to cross train becomes mandatory with no raise. Each pay period you get a few hours toward your paid time off; it’s not just given. Management is a friendship circle, all from the same town. Supervisors use employees to make themselves look better and won’t stand up for you.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Benefits, pay, management
A Great Company
Information Systems Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDSeptember 21, 2018
ECS is an excellent company, focused on the retention and growth of its employees. Well-established in the Federal contracting sector, the company excels in providing consultative service and support to its clients.
Nice Contracting Company
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 17, 2018
ECS is a nice place to work, benefits could be better and a pay structure change would make ECS a great place to work. The project managers where I worked were great to work with and responsive to any issues I had.
good company to work for
Configuration Management Specialist, DISA (Current Employee) –  Ft. Meade, MDSeptember 10, 2018
good benefits, fair pay, the management are great people to work with, I love the team I am currently working with, wish them had won the new contract
Pros
401K, medical/dental/eye
Cons
n/a
Very good management team.
Project Support (Current Employee) –  Patuxent River, MDSeptember 7, 2018
No issues ever go unnoticed, they are all dedicated to ensuring family comes first which is so important. Management has always been amazingly responsive. No negative review here!
Relaxed work environment yet challenging
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camp HumphreysAugust 28, 2018
Deal with a lot of customers and paperwork. Learned better people skills and new skills while working for ECS. Fast paced job with lots of responsibilities.
Great Company to work for
Cyber Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 31, 2018
Lot's of opportunities to grow and great benefits. The provided me with the tools to further my career. Would highly recommend this company to job seekers
Pros
Opportunities
Fun work place and a lot of benefits
Configuration Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 20, 2018
Very good management team. We had a very good working relationship and the culture was very inviting. We would often had picnic and holiday parties, and the CEO would frequently invite me to networking events outside of the work place. The CEO became my mentor and encouraged me to seek additional certifications and education.
Pros
Fridays off
Relaxed envirnoment
Project Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Ft Huachuca, AZJuly 16, 2018
The job requirements were not hard to fulfill. Very relaxed work environment and scheduling. My only issue was that the job was removed after only 6 months due to contract budget cuts.
A rung in the ladder
Lead Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 10, 2018
This position is only a rung in the ladder. It will give you experience that you need to further your career but the company itself does nothing to promote your advancement. It only offers four hours of professional development per year. The management staff does not provide any information on available training, growth opportunities or make available any opportunities to further your career.
Low ball salaries
Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington DCJune 28, 2018
They claim to have superior benefits in order to offer lower than normal salaries for a given position. In fact, their benefits are not as good as most other govt contractors. Poor support and behavior by on site program manager. Crowded, noisy working conditions at the particular site I worked.
Pros
Work was challenging
Cons
ECS is basically hands off when it comes to taking care of employees.
Outstanding Management
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 25, 2018
This is a Gov Contractor business, there is always opportunities in the company but you may not always be the best fit. I have had support since day 1. I asked to change roles and departments and when it became feasible, I was allowed to do so. There is always the risk of another contractor business winning the contract and then having to change companies and taking a pay cut that's the nature of the work. I work for the DoD but ECS pays the salary so the stigma of being a contractor in the DoD may not be for everyone but its a great career and you will get paid better in the long run. Yes, hours can be long but its never been as bad as my first gig working for a Fortune 500 company when 12 hours plus a day was the norm. Flexible hours, telework, decent benefits it's one of the best companies in the Huntsville area and they recently won several major contracts for NASA and MDA. I have told several individuals to apply recently, lots of opportunities available with a good living wage.
Pros
Great team and support from DOB2/7 Program Managers, salary, flexibility
Cons
Annual reviews may be from Manager you dont interact with