ECS Federal LLC Employee Reviews

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 20, 2019
This is a good company that values it's employees. One area of improvement (which is pretty typical of all companies) is communication. Great benefits.
It seems to be a decent place to work
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 19, 2019
The people I am working with are very open and inclusive. My supervisor is accessible but does not micro-manage. Corporate headquarters in on the east coast, so I have very limited interaction with them.
"Excellent Organization with Opportunities to Grow"
Director (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 7, 2019
I have been working at ECS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity - 2 people on my team have been promoted within the last 6 months
I started off the lowest level employee on a 5 person team, and within 3 years I was given the opportunity to ascend to a manager of a 20+ person team.
Flexibility - 2 Members of my team are 100% remote. Hours are varied based on the manager, and multiple members of my teams work their preference of 8-4, 9-5, or 10-6
Focus on Diversity - Diversity initiatives are implemented and executed.
Clearances - Some entry level programs offer the opportunity to obtain clearances
Benefits - ECS offers comprehensive benefit plans for all needs.

Cons

Compensation is tied to programs, some are generous, some are just competitive.
The environment varies from contract to contract, but most are nice facilities.

Advice to Management

Communication is key! With the rapid growth of ECS, the organizational changes occur with some frequency. ECS is a master in adaptability, and informing all levels of the organization of any changes is always helpful.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 25, 2019
ECS values work/life balance, offers room for education and provides me opportunities to advance. I can work remotely as I gain new skills, yet still interact with my colleagues.
Pros
Can work remotely
Underappreciated
Program/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 5, 2019
I worked very hard as a gov't contractor at DARPA but did not receive the support I should have had from my company. ECS was only worried about a warm body being in the seat, and how much that warm body made them.
I have certainly enjoyed each journey and opportunity provided to me from ECS. I always felt that I had an an intricate stake in the progression and
Geo-Graphical Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 29, 2019
Great company and good people! Although ECsS is a large company it truly has a small town feel. We know respect , appreciate and work well together. It has been a great experience.
An Experience I would not wish on an enemy.
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  NotJanuary 16, 2019
Just be careful there and watch your back at all times! This is an environment that many may not be able to handle. Doing your job means nothing, it's how well you can go under the radar is the key! Management is connected at the top, so don't say a word to anyone!
Pros
It's a job
Company Lost Focus
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 15, 2019
Company has very poor management. Immediate supervisor talked to employees like they were stupid or lacked some idea of intelligence. Expectations were vague and sporadic.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
Lack of challenge
Anoynomous
Tier III Microsoft Office 365 Administrator (Current Employee) –  RTP, North CarolinaJanuary 7, 2019
Work days are productive
I learned a lot of new skills and techniques related to the job and more
Management is there for their employees
The workplace culture is cohesive, for the most part
The hardest part of the job comes the government contract aspects
The most enjoyable part is that there is a lot of room to grow professionally
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Contract bids and government shutdowns
Adequate
Senior Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 26, 2018
A fine company to work for with good benefits, compensation, support from HR, and general steady corporate policies. However, when it comes right down to it, they are a body shop, just like all the others. Keep your network of relationships going.
Pros
Great annual holiday party
Cons
Just another body shop

Want to know more about ECS Federal LLC?

Ask a question
Government Contracting
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2018
This was a call center environment where management did not allow for many bathroom breaks. I had to get doctor's note in order to go to bathroom. Not cool!
My 1 star is for better than no job at all
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2018
They have never given a raise in the 7 years I’ve worked here... not even a cost of living raise... if by labor law your position is due a raise... they will reclassify your job title so that you won’t get that raise... and never any bonuses or anything like that... not even at Chrismastime or end of year... another complaint is the healthcare plan... it is basically a joke, I’ve never had to come out of pocket so much while employed... but I guess it’s better than nothing... The program manager puts their friends in higher positions or for new hire positions, it’s ususally someone they know or are affiliated with... they don’t think it’s noticeable but it is. The only advantage to working here is that it’s better than no job at all.
Pros
40 hours per week and colleagues are friendly (for the most part).
Cons
Raises, promotions, bonuses, healthcare plan, Holiday party
The Epitome of Being Employed
Engineer (Former Employee) –  SCNovember 7, 2018
This company is awful!! Please proceed with caution!! I would’ve never guessed that their leadership would’ve been so hostile. I was received well by the friendly and knowledgeable recruiters; however, the deplorable, militant styled behavior of leadership is stressful!! If I wanted to join the military then I would’ve done so. Be aware!!!
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Poor leadership leads to stressful working conditions
Horrible
Computer Programmer IV (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2018
You will never get a raise and never get recognized for excellent work. The culture is a killer. Do Not Work for ECS. The hardest part of the job is coming to work.
Pros
Cons
pay vacation pay
Not organized, low pay
Manager (Current Employee) –  FairfaxOctober 4, 2018
Nice people, but don't value employees as much as you would think they should since they depend highly on them.Leadership doesn't plan or organize however they do expect execution.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
poor leadership
Great culture, but swallowed by a behemoth
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 2, 2018
ECS itself had a good work-life balance, supported employee's furthering their education, and had actively engaged senior leadership. The company was acquired about a year ago, and it's left everyone feeling a bit lost. Compensation is fair, but health insurance isn't great.
Pros
Amazing, fantastic EXTRAORDINARY team
Cons
Fairly terrible health insurance and REALLY terrible leave accrual (combined sick and PTO, and scanty is putting it kindly)
N/a
Classified Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAOctober 1, 2018
his job was bad, the pay was eh for where it was located, but other than that I have nothing else to say, an that I'm just typing random stuff to reach the minimum.
Good Company
Technical Writer/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 30, 2018
Lots of government contracts that this company has. Rating Best Company to work for a few years back. Seems to encourage diversity hiring. I would encourage others to work here
No Other Choice Job
Customer Support Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38166September 21, 2018
Terrible benefits and management in Memphis. No raises. Option to cross train becomes mandatory with no raise. Each pay period you get a few hours toward your paid time off; it’s not just given. Management is a friendship circle, all from the same town. Supervisors use employees to make themselves look better and won’t stand up for you.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Benefits, pay, management
A Great Company
Information Systems Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDSeptember 21, 2018
ECS is an excellent company, focused on the retention and growth of its employees. Well-established in the Federal contracting sector, the company excels in providing consultative service and support to its clients.