ECS Federal LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very good job with very flexible hours
Azure Cloud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 22, 2018
Very good position to learn and grow. The ability to work remote was a plus. Flexible hours and benefits were excellent. DID NOT LIKE THE COMMUTE. DC traffic is horrible
ECS = Excellent Customer Service
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 20, 2018
I have enjoyed my 4 years working for ECS and have seen them grow from a $250M annual revenue company to north of $600 which led to their acquisition earlier in 2018. The leadership is sound, steady and committed and the future is bright.
Pros
Matching 401k, Charitable Review Program, $3k Training & Education Annual Allowance
Cons
Employees are only a #
Unique Predicament
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 11, 2018
I'm currently working at a remote location, therefore, there isn't much "going up" in the company, as well as it being a temporary job, or however long they plan to keep this building open.

So far the people I work with are friendly, and the environment is small, but there are plenty of things to work on, and experience how hospitals interact with regular Windows' software.
Pros
Benefits are great, 1 hour lunches
Cons
Remote Location, No place to network, temporary
Difficult to feel part of the company
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 24, 2018
This is my first contracting role. The company is based in Virginia but our team is based in Washington. We have benefits such as teleworking but it is difficult to feel part of the company since we are not really included in any company events/meetings.
Small Company Purchaser
IT Security Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 10, 2018
ECS for the 6 months I supported them, they look to cut salaries once they have acquired a small company. Due to this fact, if you are with the company they purchase, changes are they will request that you take a pay cut.
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
Cutting The Budget Reduction of Salaries
Profesional environment
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 9, 2018
I am being trained to be a Quality Manager by a manager with 30 by years on the job. It's a good place to work. The workplace is good. The people are receptive to my input and the management recognized my work as good.
ECS is a good company overall
Legislative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren Naval Surface Weapons Center, VAMay 9, 2018
Overall, ECS has been a good company to work for as far as benefits and salary. The management aspect could use some communication improvement. I have had very little interaction with my manager in the past. Job roles and responsibilities are seldom discussed. When a co-worker of mine recently left this position, it was never discussed who would assume his responsibilities. I volunteered to assume one of his roles however received no training. It was a "learn as you go" type situation.
Pros
Salary, benefits, flexible work schedule
Cons
Management communication
Decent
Systems Engineering and Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 26, 2018
The section of the company that I worked in was just okay. Nothing really stood out about them. They didn't really do much in the way of team building or to find out about each other. Not the best place to work in my opinion.
Productive and fun
Project -Sr. ITIL Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 24, 2018
The people are extremely helpful and nice. Worked with all levels of management and enjoyed collaborating with all teams. Management supportive and colleagues willing to assist on contract work.
Pros
Free lunches and yearly bonus
Cons
Not enough vacation days
This is a terible company to work for
Financial Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAApril 20, 2018
The are all sorts of typical days at this company. The atmosphere drains the life out of people. Plus they are big on micro-management and will work you to the point where it does not make any sense.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Competitive and Cut Throat
Employee (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 16, 2018
Competitive and Cut Throat, Expect availablity 24/7, often work during vacation/days off, pay scale below average for area, lack of effective and productive communication.
Pros
Fair Benefits, Some positions offer flex / remote work options
Cons
Don't trust anyone
Senior Analyst
Senior Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 12, 2018
ECS was a great company that provided opportunities for promotions/training. Additionally, rewarded you for working hard and completing tasks on time.
High Stress & Long hours
BUSINESS SUPPORT ANALYST III (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 1, 2018
If you like not knowing what to expect every day & long stressful hours then this is a great place to work. Your given little guidance & are expected to learn on the fly. You better be a self starter & quick to pick up stuff on your own little to no training is available. Management seems disinterested & provides little communication to staff; sometimes manager is nowhere to be found. It’s a difficult culture to handle there’s some turnover. The hardest part about the job is lack of respect and support from management. Best part of the job is it’s never boring, if you enjoy high stress low reward then this is a great place to work.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Long hours, high stress
Productive Always Something to Work On
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 1, 2018
Customers are very pleasant and understanding of work load, ability to assist and patient. Some team players don't or won't freely share information.
Pros
Be willing to learn and contribute works in your favor.
Cons
Sometimes managers don't take initiative with delegation.
Outstanding
Tier 1 Navair National Help Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAFebruary 8, 2018
The job is extremely fast paced and management is always friendly and willing to help in any way possible. Coworkers are very helpful and it is an amazing company to work for.
My thanks to ECS Federal
Computer Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2018
From the day I walked into ECS Federal, I was surprised by the atmosphere of amity and comfort. I was happy to secure a position at this company. My troubleshooting skills became more enhanced each day as I managed to tackle one problem after another.
It is hard to say because I worked parttime but the job is stressful.
Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VADecember 13, 2017
The job I’m doing is a temporary and very stressful because of disorganized group. We are almost 30+ people working in a room and there is no clear instruction to conduct the project.
Pros
nothing remarkable
Cons
nothing
Awful Company
TRAINING INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 6, 2017
From day one I was told by other coworkers they had not received a pay increase in 9 years. Within my first 6 months they cut our benefit pay and changed providers, only to apologize and say it was a mistake but there was nothing that could be done about it.
Underpaid
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 5, 2017
Stressful work schedule, lack of work life balance. Extra long working hours. Average pay as per market skills. Lack of Growth opportunities if you are a high performer.
Great Company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2017
This is a great company to work for with great benefits. They work with the schedule you choose. Some contracts have telework or alternative work schedules. Can bring your laptop home