ECS Federal LLC Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Cyber Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 31, 2018
Lot's of opportunities to grow and great benefits. The provided me with the tools to further my career. Would highly recommend this company to job seekers
Pros
Opportunities
Fun work place and a lot of benefits
Configuration Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 20, 2018
Very good management team. We had a very good working relationship and the culture was very inviting. We would often had picnic and holiday parties, and the CEO would frequently invite me to networking events outside of the work place. The CEO became my mentor and encouraged me to seek additional certifications and education.
Pros
Fridays off
Relaxed envirnoment
Project Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Ft Huachuca, AZJuly 16, 2018
The job requirements were not hard to fulfill. Very relaxed work environment and scheduling. My only issue was that the job was removed after only 6 months due to contract budget cuts.
A rung in the ladder
Lead Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 10, 2018
This position is only a rung in the ladder. It will give you experience that you need to further your career but the company itself does nothing to promote your advancement. It only offers four hours of professional development per year. The management staff does not provide any information on available training, growth opportunities or make available any opportunities to further your career.
Low ball salaries
Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington DCJune 28, 2018
They claim to have superior benefits in order to offer lower than normal salaries for a given position. In fact, their benefits are not as good as most other govt contractors. Poor support and behavior by on site program manager. Crowded, noisy working conditions at the particular site I worked.
Pros
Work was challenging
Cons
ECS is basically hands off when it comes to taking care of employees.
Outstanding Management
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 25, 2018
This is a Gov Contractor business, there is always opportunities in the company but you may not always be the best fit. I have had support since day 1. I asked to change roles and departments and when it became feasible, I was allowed to do so. There is always the risk of another contractor business winning the contract and then having to change companies and taking a pay cut that's the nature of the work. I work for the DoD but ECS pays the salary so the stigma of being a contractor in the DoD may not be for everyone but its a great career and you will get paid better in the long run. Yes, hours can be long but its never been as bad as my first gig working for a Fortune 500 company when 12 hours plus a day was the norm. Flexible hours, telework, decent benefits it's one of the best companies in the Huntsville area and they recently won several major contracts for NASA and MDA. I have told several individuals to apply recently, lots of opportunities available with a good living wage.
Pros
Great team and support from DOB2/7 Program Managers, salary, flexibility
Cons
Annual reviews may be from Manager you dont interact with
very good job with very flexible hours
Azure Cloud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 22, 2018
Very good position to learn and grow. The ability to work remote was a plus. Flexible hours and benefits were excellent. DID NOT LIKE THE COMMUTE. DC traffic is horrible
ECS = Excellent Customer Service
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 20, 2018
I have enjoyed my 4 years working for ECS and have seen them grow from a $250M annual revenue company to north of $600 which led to their acquisition earlier in 2018. The leadership is sound, steady and committed and the future is bright.
Pros
Matching 401k, Charitable Review Program, $3k Training & Education Annual Allowance
Cons
Employees are only a #
Unique Predicament
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 11, 2018
I'm currently working at a remote location, therefore, there isn't much "going up" in the company, as well as it being a temporary job, or however long they plan to keep this building open.

So far the people I work with are friendly, and the environment is small, but there are plenty of things to work on, and experience how hospitals interact with regular Windows' software.
Pros
Benefits are great, 1 hour lunches
Cons
Remote Location, No place to network, temporary
Difficult to feel part of the company
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 24, 2018
This is my first contracting role. The company is based in Virginia but our team is based in Washington. We have benefits such as teleworking but it is difficult to feel part of the company since we are not really included in any company events/meetings.
Small Company Purchaser
IT Security Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 10, 2018
ECS for the 6 months I supported them, they look to cut salaries once they have acquired a small company. Due to this fact, if you are with the company they purchase, changes are they will request that you take a pay cut.
Pros
Growing Company
Cons
Cutting The Budget Reduction of Salaries
Profesional environment
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 9, 2018
I am being trained to be a Quality Manager by a manager with 30 by years on the job. It's a good place to work. The workplace is good. The people are receptive to my input and the management recognized my work as good.
ECS is a good company overall
Legislative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dahlgren Naval Surface Weapons Center, VAMay 9, 2018
Overall, ECS has been a good company to work for as far as benefits and salary. The management aspect could use some communication improvement. I have had very little interaction with my manager in the past. Job roles and responsibilities are seldom discussed. When a co-worker of mine recently left this position, it was never discussed who would assume his responsibilities. I volunteered to assume one of his roles however received no training. It was a "learn as you go" type situation.
Pros
Salary, benefits, flexible work schedule
Cons
Management communication
Decent
Systems Engineering and Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 26, 2018
The section of the company that I worked in was just okay. Nothing really stood out about them. They didn't really do much in the way of team building or to find out about each other. Not the best place to work in my opinion.
Productive and fun
Project -Sr. ITIL Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 24, 2018
The people are extremely helpful and nice. Worked with all levels of management and enjoyed collaborating with all teams. Management supportive and colleagues willing to assist on contract work.
Pros
Free lunches and yearly bonus
Cons
Not enough vacation days
This is a terible company to work for
Financial Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dahlgren, VAApril 20, 2018
The are all sorts of typical days at this company. The atmosphere drains the life out of people. Plus they are big on micro-management and will work you to the point where it does not make any sense.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Competitive and Cut Throat
Employee (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 16, 2018
Competitive and Cut Throat, Expect availablity 24/7, often work during vacation/days off, pay scale below average for area, lack of effective and productive communication.
Pros
Fair Benefits, Some positions offer flex / remote work options
Cons
Don't trust anyone
Senior Analyst
Senior Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 12, 2018
ECS was a great company that provided opportunities for promotions/training. Additionally, rewarded you for working hard and completing tasks on time.
High Stress & Long hours
BUSINESS SUPPORT ANALYST III (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 1, 2018
If you like not knowing what to expect every day & long stressful hours then this is a great place to work. Your given little guidance & are expected to learn on the fly. You better be a self starter & quick to pick up stuff on your own little to no training is available. Management seems disinterested & provides little communication to staff; sometimes manager is nowhere to be found. It’s a difficult culture to handle there’s some turnover. The hardest part about the job is lack of respect and support from management. Best part of the job is it’s never boring, if you enjoy high stress low reward then this is a great place to work.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Long hours, high stress
Productive Always Something to Work On
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 1, 2018
Customers are very pleasant and understanding of work load, ability to assist and patient. Some team players don't or won't freely share information.
Pros
Be willing to learn and contribute works in your favor.
Cons
Sometimes managers don't take initiative with delegation.