ECS Federal LLC

ECS Federal LLC Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA42 reviews
working in ECS geotechnical and environemtal service is a headache
it doesnt have stable job site or project to work longer ,u can be scheduled in different projects .
Pros
we have free lunch sometimes with friends especially in seminries
Cons
we can have short breaks or long break in ECS .those are kinda strict
ECS is a great company to work with. Still new to the company but with my previous experience with admin and personnel issues, ECS takes care of their people and answers questions asap.
This position is one level above entry level. The compensation isn't going to be the best. I've learned a lot and was sponsored for a clearance. This is the epitome stepping-stone position.
Not a good place to work. Management is not supportive.
First manager was paranoid and watched everyone all the time. I was hired as sr tech writer, but manager treated me as though I was his personal assistant.
Great company while I was there, and it has been five + years since I moved on. ECS Federal is now a company I would consider returning to work for again.
ECS has been a decent company to work for. Fair compensation for the work at hand. Solid management team. Communication amongst everyone in the building could benefit from being more frequent.
Very busy for Cybesecurity Analyst. Constantly challenged. ECS is a good company. BUMED HQ is a create place to work...awesome customers. Have not yet visited the ECS HQ.
Pros
Winter Gala
The company struggles to keep its personnel around, hence all the acquisitions and mergers. Management does not care about their employees or their goals but just run them down by stretching them too thin and working on several projects at a time. Management has no clear business goals or direction. They do not compensate very well and overwork people. Culture is management just favoring their own friends and promoting them, no room for outsiders.
Pros
Minimal training budget
Cons
Long hours, multiple project work
I work on a contract for the company, not within corporate itself. Workday is pretty relaxed as long as you get all your necessary work done. Break room has lots of free snacks and drinks.
Pros
free snacks and drinks, above average pay
Cons
have to pay for parking, work gets boring at times
This company is bound for failure. The leadership throughout is inept and more worried about infighting than seeing employees succeed. The vision of the company looks good on paper but fails to produce.
Pros
Low pay and empty promises.
Cons
Hostile work environment with sexist management system.
Everything gets one star except for job culture, because the office is laid back and you can have fun. When you get the call about the job it is so exciting and sounds like a real professional experience working in intelligence. When you show up you realize they hire anybody and nothing/nobody is taken seriously. Most the people hired are fresh out of high school with no professional experience or common sense.
Good company. Management is compassionate and understanding there are some allowances for work/life balance even on contracts where it is not the norm.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, college loan help, relatively good PTO accrual
A toxic workplace that is very cliquey. Job promotions are based on a strong nepotism culture. There is no clear communications and lack of information provided in HR department. Compensation is below average depending on you role. Most employees are treated like expendable back-office seat warmers, who are low paid, while a few highly paid experts are treated like consultants who do all the team’s thinking and interfacing with the client. Contrary to ECS policy, nepotism appearing to cause conflict of interest is tolerated.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, certification trainings, co-workers form a close bond, provide a foot in the door
Cons
No raises, nepotism, low wage, hostile environment, micromanagement, favoritism, lack of mentoring program, office politics, no feedback from management
This is a great foot in the door for jobs in the private government sector, as it gives experience working in a professional environment for those who may be typically under-qualified in such a setting. This is in terms of education and familiarity with such a workspace. However, communication and micromanaging with upper management is unnecessarily rough and borderline belittling.
The company I was working for was purchased by ECS who soon after started letting staff go. I was disrespectfully notified while out of the office as one of my children was having surgery.
Pros
Not sure if any other then still in business
Cons
lack of due diligence in position assesment
This is a good company that values it's employees. One area of improvement (which is pretty typical of all companies) is communication. Great benefits.
I have been working at ECS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity - 2 people on my team have been promoted within the last 6 months

I started off the lowest level employee on a 5 person team, and within 3 years I was given the opportunity to ascend to a manager of a 20+ person team.

Flexibility - 2 Members of my team are 100% remote. Hours are varied based on the manager, and multiple members of my teams work their preference of 8-4, 9-5, or 10-6

Focus on Diversity - Diversity initiatives are implemented and executed.

Clearances - Some entry level programs offer the opportunity to obtain clearances

Benefits - ECS offers comprehensive benefit plans for all needs.

Cons

Compensation is tied to programs, some are generous, some are just competitive.

The environment varies from contract to contract, but most are nice facilities.

Advice to Management

Communication is key! With the rapid growth of ECS, the organizational changes occur with some frequency. ECS is a master in adaptability, and informing all levels of the organization of any changes is always helpful.
ECS values work/life balance, offers room for education and provides me opportunities to advance. I can work remotely as I gain new skills, yet still interact with my colleagues.
Pros
Can work remotely
I worked very hard as a gov't contractor at DARPA but did not receive the support I should have had from my company. ECS was only worried about a warm body being in the seat, and how much that warm body made them.
Great company and good people! Although ECsS is a large company it truly has a small town feel. We know respect , appreciate and work well together. It has been a great experience.
Company has very poor management. Immediate supervisor talked to employees like they were stupid or lacked some idea of intelligence. Expectations were vague and sporadic.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
Lack of challenge
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECS Federal LLC. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ECS Federal LLC.