ECS Limited Employee Reviews

Underpaid and undervalued
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 2, 2018
Pay is lower than average for the field, expectations are unrealistic to a point of approaching unlawful. Protecting the long-term wellness of employees is the last consideration of established policies.
Workplace culture
Field Technician/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 29, 2018
ECS has many opportunities to learn new skills and challenge yourself in new ways as an employee. The workplace culture promotes a good balance between work and home life.
Disappointing
Senior Facilities Project Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 9, 2018
The potential for great things are limited by the drive of the staff and management. The work environment was relaxed to the point of limiting growth and expansion of services.
Cons
Limited Drive
Terrible
Construction Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 27, 2018
Schedule is not precise or consistent.
Managers don't fix problems in timely fashion.
Technicians are compensated poorly.
Protocols have changed: Don't expect a raise with your first two certifications.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and clients
Cons
everything else honestly
Ugh
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 16, 2018
Save yourself the headache and do not work here, unless your passion is in the field of inspections and geotechnical services. If you’re passionate about building inspections, you can probably find a place that pays you much more. They make so much money, and the field technicians get paid dirt, and the big wigs call us “The Faces of the Company”
Pros
Beer on fridays (sometimes), plenty of hours
Cons
No Social life, high expectations, low pay, exhausting hours
This job made me stronger than I could ever imagine.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Swansboro, NCAugust 9, 2018
Being a female, this job pushed me to my limits and beyond. I would not have had it any other way. It made it physically possible for me to pass the City of Jacksonville Fire Department Physical Exam and mentally stronger in every aspect: tough, confident, adaptable, withstanding uncomfortable circumstances.
Stressful and Unstable
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 2, 2018
Extremely stressful for an entry level job that pays 10.00 per hour. Three certifications must be obtained within 90 days of hire to receive full benefits. The testing for each certification is moderate in difficultly. The most difficult part of the job is the unstable environment. You may be sent to multiple job sites in one day at a moments notice. You may work as little as 5-10 hrs one week and then get 35-45 hrs the next. A paycheck that changes that drastically makes life difficult when you have bills to pay. Additionally, management tends to rely too heavily on technicians. As with any position, the job would be tolerable if the pay would only reflect the effort and stress that is required.
Pros
Good benefits program
Cons
Low pay, low hours, poor management.
Great Place to Work
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 31, 2018
ECS is a great company to work for. I feel as though I have been taken care of during my time at ECS. Upper management is visible and available to hear feedback. The culture is relaxed with a "work hard" attitude. I have made ECS my company of choice for many reasons.
Fast-paced, slightly unpleasant work environment
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 27, 2018
I was new to this type of work, which I have factored into my evaluation.

A typical day involved driving a company vehicle to a few job sites and testing plastic concrete. You'll need to pick up concrete cylinders at some point, too. The company vehicle was a large perk. The Green Bay and Neenah offices offered this perk while I worked there.

It will help to know how to perform air content tests and slump tests for concrete. The company will teach you these tests, as well as how to prepare concrete cylinders. However, you'll need to be completely competent in performing these tests by yourself within a couple weeks, or you'll start getting negative feedback from management.
You'll do proctor tests on soil samples as well, though this will generally be done with documentation and other technicians available for reference.

Toughest part of the job was the highly distracting work environment. Workplace culture is fast-paced, since you are constantly being monitored by the client on construction sites. You will spend a lot of time on construction sites, and you'll be expected to work quickly.

My fellow technicians were the most enjoyable part of the job for me. Training with them was an enjoyable experience, and I learned a lot.
Pros
Company vehicle if you work for the Green Bay or Neenah offices
Cons
Benefits don't kick in for a while after starting
this is a great job
CMT-(construction material tester) (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMay 30, 2018
You will see buildings get built from the ground up, see new places, experience the full spectrum that construction has to offer. Great job for people with no experience to a seasoned veteran, theres a role for everyone with a clear path raise and promotions.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 17, 2018
ECS is a great place to work with fast pace and variety in day to day tasks. If you want to learn, there are many opportunities to expand your knowledge. Great work environment without a lot of drama and the ability to work from home when needed.
Pros
Great work, healthy work environment
Cons
Occasional long hours
Fast paced work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 25, 2018
I did not mind the job. My only problem is that you spend a lot of time traveling and you must drive your own vehicle. I only recommend this job to someone who has a very reliable vehicle.
Pros
Friendly environment
Rinse and Repeat
Construction Material Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 21, 2018
They rather use and abuse you to the point you want to leave rather than pay you fairly and develop the employees. Even if you are not included in the schedule, released one day prior, they will tell you to leave your day free in case they need you last minute, and question why you would make personal plans when you are not being paid. No company trucks, so expect to abuse your personal car and have it only usable for work. You get a lot of experience in the construction field, but within a year, it's time to move on.
Cons
consuming
On the Go
Staff Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 20, 2018
ECS experiences vary by office. As a smaller new office I was often given the chance to take on exciting and large projects while developing as a project manager and an employee.
Very poor management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 14, 2018
The new management is horrendous. I would not recommend this company. The only pro was that the salary was good. When I found out I had to move I was thrilled to leave.
enjoyed working there
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at ECS. They were structured and organized when it came to scheduling different jobs sites. Once they felt you were comfortable with the job responsibilities and duties there was more independence and freedom to conduct your day. They went through the correct parameters of training and gave constructive criticism about your job performance and made sure that your morale was at a positive state.
Pros
Free bagels once every week, free coffee and tea
Cons
long working hours were you didn't get much sleep
Very poor pay
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 6, 2018
4 year degree
40 hazmat certified
6 years experience
Plus able to do wetland deliberations

Had to supply my own truck
All for $12/hour
Forget that
Pros
Cons
Read above
Good work-life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2018
Good work-life balance but lacks proper workplace culture. The management is super motivated to do a better job every day, and it really affects everyone at the office to bring the best out of themselves.
Lack of work
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 5, 2018
Constantly harassed by project managers to finish the job as quickly as possible leading to low working hours per week and no benefits because you aren't at 40+ hours. No work truck provided for a construction job involving sampling concrete and soils is ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Wear and tear on personal Vehicle
nope
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 27, 2018
I never knew what the next day was going to be like until 1700 the day prior, unless I had to be up at 0200 the next day for a concrete pour. If the weather was bad I didn't work. I found myself subsidizing my income with my millage stipend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECS Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about