ECS Limited
55Below average

ECS Limited Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA44 reviews
Opportunity to learn and grow with competitive culture
Daily learn technical construction issues in practice
Having competitive culture and growing fast

Provides opportunities to take construction certificates
Always busy, with many learning opportunities
Being associated with the construction industry, work hours can start early and can end early, depending on the worksite. Sometimes you can be sent to work at other locations, setting up or maintaining a water treatment system. If you are hired as a materials technician, you will spend time on construction sites creating test samples from concrete work, or testing the quality of soil compaction by contractors. The Company will also help you acquire certifications that will help you to advance professionally, such as the HAZWOPER certification.

It is best to relocate to within a half-hour commute of the office you will be working out of, as the working conditions can be tiring if your daily commute is lengthy.
Pros
Certifications and training can be sponsored by the company
Cons
The work schedule can be draining if you have a long daily commute
productive place to work
Productive place to work. you move up the ladder quickly and there is room for improvement. The work culture is quite unique and the employees are really like family.
productive and work place
A fast-paced work environment with fun activities.
Daily activities revolve around grits, paying attention to details, being problem solver, teamwork and team-oriented.
Very organized nice place to work. Large organization - 70 different locations. Multiple development teams in two locations - Chantilly, VA & Raleigh, NC. Daily Scrum over video. Everybody dressed business casual. Chantilly, VA allows to bring your dog to office.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Multiple meetings
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Get your experience and get out
Advancement in either position or pay is extremely limited. Get the job, learn then move on. It's a great place to get certifications and experience but, there is very little advancement opportunities.
fun , safety is always stressed.
Construction itself is fun, ECS has good enviromental culture where safty is stressed. Good healthcare benefits, 401k options. Nice working enviroment, sometimes stressful on the field with contractors.
A very good company
Generally, ECS is very good company. peoples who work there are excellent and very friendly. They teaching you everything.If you don't know something, nobody judge you, instead they try their best to teach you. They give you free training and they pay for your certification. They have good benefits (health insurance, 401k matching, paid leave, personal leave).
Difficult place to work
The opportunity to make a difference in IT applications is huge and the type of work is rewarding but the hostile and aggressive behavior of management, starting at the top, makes this a very difficult place to work. Combine this with the lowest work/life balance I have ever experienced in my lengthy career, I would highly recommend that a prospective employee look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Very poor work-life balance
Interesting and educational
Testing concrete for commercial constructions, hours vary depending on weather, not enough management. Diverse company with room to improve based on exams passed.
Technician position
Position is great for someone who can work well all by their self. Not a lot of support most of the time. But the job isn’t too physically demanding and some job sites can be slower paced which is nice. But most sites are very busy and it can take a toll on someone, especially if they are a newer employee. The other technicians are usually your best resource.
Pros
Work mostly alone
Cons
Not enough support, low pay for amount of responsibilities
ECS - Mid Atlantic is a very good company to work for, they pay for the training and certifications. I could also say its a multicultural environment.
Pros
Bi-weekly Meetings
Cons
Short-breaks
Really nice mentor and supervisor
The day usually starts at 8 or 9 a.m. at the company and we will be dispatched to different job site to supervise working jobs. I learned a lot on the job site not just how the job site really works but also some management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is that my mentor really helps me a lot and all the managers care about me and other internships.
Underpaid and undervalued
Pay is lower than average for the field, expectations are unrealistic to a point of approaching unlawful. Protecting the long-term wellness of employees is the last consideration of established policies.
Worst company in the market
I worked as full time inspector in ECS less than one year, after I got all certifications, I quitted immediately.

The team leader was horrible, project manager was not helpful, what they care was the job . They treated you like animal, you got the lowest pay in the market , they gave you heavy stupid and bulky company phone( not smartphone) to track your time( GPS was installed in the phone). Snow and rainy days you have no income.

Most of the inspectors treated ECS like learning school, once we got all certificates, we quit for higher pay company.

Another thing is if you are from Turkey, you can have good pay and good job site, because the manager is from Turkey too, he only take care of the Turkey guys.
Pros
Good place for learning
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, no room for growth.
Decent Company
I only had an internship with ECS. I learned a lot, but didn't feel cared for as an employee. I had certain passions and jobs I wanted to learn more about, but wasn't really heard.
Great Place to Work
ECS is a great company to work for. I feel as though I have been taken care of during my time at ECS. Upper management is visible and available to hear feedback. The culture is relaxed with a "work hard" attitude. I have made ECS my company of choice for many reasons.
Amazing Hiring
ECS Mid-Atlantic had too many projects but top management was not able to satisfy inspector and to full fill jobs. Their pay rat was the lowest among the companies, so they were always hiring and people were leaving the same way.
tough job
Tough and frustrating job to be continued. Had to lift very very heavy things and tools alone, which should be done by at least two persons or even more.
Very difficult place to work
Very stressful and poorly managed. Manager provided little input and inflexible. Projects sold by others with no input and expected to return profitable results.
Pros
Little
Cons
No advancement
no work to do
4 weeks 300$ !!!!!
miss of communication with management

management have no plans

new employs without any plan for them

squeezing the tech as much as the management can to save for their profits