ECS Limited Employee Reviews

Fast-paced, slightly unpleasant work environment
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 27, 2018
I was new to this type of work, which I have factored into my evaluation.

A typical day involved driving a company vehicle to a few job sites and testing plastic concrete. You'll need to pick up concrete cylinders at some point, too. The company vehicle was a large perk. The Green Bay and Neenah offices offered this perk while I worked there.

It will help to know how to perform air content tests and slump tests for concrete. The company will teach you these tests, as well as how to prepare concrete cylinders. However, you'll need to be completely competent in performing these tests by yourself within a couple weeks, or you'll start getting negative feedback from management.
You'll do proctor tests on soil samples as well, though this will generally be done with documentation and other technicians available for reference.

Toughest part of the job was the highly distracting work environment. Workplace culture is fast-paced, since you are constantly being monitored by the client on construction sites. You will spend a lot of time on construction sites, and you'll be expected to work quickly.

My fellow technicians were the most enjoyable part of the job for me. Training with them was an enjoyable experience, and I learned a lot.
Pros
Company vehicle if you work for the Green Bay or Neenah offices
Cons
Benefits don't kick in for a while after starting
this is a great job
CMT-(construction material tester) (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMay 30, 2018
You will see buildings get built from the ground up, see new places, experience the full spectrum that construction has to offer. Great job for people with no experience to a seasoned veteran, theres a role for everyone with a clear path raise and promotions.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 17, 2018
ECS is a great place to work with fast pace and variety in day to day tasks. If you want to learn, there are many opportunities to expand your knowledge. Great work environment without a lot of drama and the ability to work from home when needed.
Pros
Great work, healthy work environment
Cons
Occasional long hours
Fast paced work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 25, 2018
I did not mind the job. My only problem is that you spend a lot of time traveling and you must drive your own vehicle. I only recommend this job to someone who has a very reliable vehicle.
Pros
Friendly environment
Rinse and Repeat
Construction Material Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 21, 2018
They rather use and abuse you to the point you want to leave rather than pay you fairly and develop the employees. Even if you are not included in the schedule, released one day prior, they will tell you to leave your day free in case they need you last minute, and question why you would make personal plans when you are not being paid. No company trucks, so expect to abuse your personal car and have it only usable for work. You get a lot of experience in the construction field, but within a year, it's time to move on.
Cons
consuming
On the Go
Staff Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 20, 2018
ECS experiences vary by office. As a smaller new office I was often given the chance to take on exciting and large projects while developing as a project manager and an employee.
Very poor management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 14, 2018
The new management is horrendous. I would not recommend this company. The only pro was that the salary was good. When I found out I had to move I was thrilled to leave.
enjoyed working there
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at ECS. They were structured and organized when it came to scheduling different jobs sites. Once they felt you were comfortable with the job responsibilities and duties there was more independence and freedom to conduct your day. They went through the correct parameters of training and gave constructive criticism about your job performance and made sure that your morale was at a positive state.
Pros
Free bagels once every week, free coffee and tea
Cons
long working hours were you didn't get much sleep
Very poor pay
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 6, 2018
4 year degree
40 hazmat certified
6 years experience
Plus able to do wetland deliberations

Had to supply my own truck
All for $12/hour
Forget that
Pros
Cons
Read above
Good work-life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2018
Good work-life balance but lacks proper workplace culture. The management is super motivated to do a better job every day, and it really affects everyone at the office to bring the best out of themselves.
Lack of work
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 5, 2018
Constantly harassed by project managers to finish the job as quickly as possible leading to low working hours per week and no benefits because you aren't at 40+ hours. No work truck provided for a construction job involving sampling concrete and soils is ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Wear and tear on personal Vehicle
nope
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 27, 2018
I never knew what the next day was going to be like until 1700 the day prior, unless I had to be up at 0200 the next day for a concrete pour. If the weather was bad I didn't work. I found myself subsidizing my income with my millage stipend.
Mediocre job with average pay
Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 7, 2018
Not the worst job out there by any means, but not paid enough to make it worth staying. Field technician work is a very chaotic and too-fast-paced environment without enough support because there are way too many technicians and projects for the project managers to keep up with.
There was virtually no incentive for doing a good job as opposed to cutting corners and doing a poor job. So much money is coming in and going out that there is little care about the quality of each job.
The atmosphere promotes rapid completion of a job simply to have the job complete and begin again.
Pros
Easy in, decent pay compared to fast food, possibility of flexible hours
Cons
Not much room to move up, poor accountability, management is too busy to care for people under them
no work to do
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 22, 2018
4 weeks 300$ !!!!!
miss of communication with management
management have no plans
new employs without any plan for them
squeezing the tech as much as the management can to save for their profits
Just a good place to learn.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 3, 2018
a typical work day it will be performing concrete and soil inspections you'l learn how to perform this during training class that they will provide you, the hardest part of the job is probably the weather exposure during winter and summer time and with a really poor management office.
They played favorites
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 18, 2017
If you were one of the favorites, you got a salary position and other advancement opportunities. If your were not, you work there 2.5 years without going anywhere in the company.
Pros
Easy Job Physically
Cons
See Review
I do not agree with the company culutre
Field Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 17, 2017
While some of the people I have worked for in my career were great overall I do not want to continue here and I do not recommend it unless you have are a P.E.
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 9, 2017
Great company to work for need a lil worth in some areas but the workers are friendly and nice environment . If you work at the front desk youll need books lol just didn't like how there was no ot .
Long hours, no overtime for salary employee, stressful
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 11, 2017
Everyday i learn, that is one big benefit, i'm rarely bored or have nothing to do. But as a salary employee, i get no overtime and work regularly 50 hour weeks. It is very stressful, and people always throw their work at you to do with little guidance. Terrible management and they don't provide you any support.
Pros
Great benefits, lots of learning
Cons
Stressful, long hours, no support from others
Ecs
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 23, 2017
started out too low with a college degree. had to use personal vehicle to drive all over dc metro area. too many techs did not do job right or cared. used as a strike buster once

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECS Limited. Our community is ready to answer.