ECS Refining Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
ECS was a good place to work.
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 6, 2018
Make sure that the daily productivity goals were being meet in a safe environment. I learnded how to direct and lead others to achieve daily goals. The heat was the hardest part of the job. Most management was good.
Pros
Hours, Pay
Cons
Heat
Fun work place
Lead man/driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 2, 2018
Friendly work environment but needs better mangment. Salry depending on positions can be alot better. It has good benifits.overall an ok company to work for but not the best.
was a great place to work and learn
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 1, 2018
got to meet many great people and learned many things from them, over the 26yrs working here i had an opportunity to grow as an individual and try and teach others as well
overall the experience was great and i do not regret one minute working there
Pros
there was always work
Cons
shut down
Hard place to work
Electrical Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 28, 2018
Its very humid and hot inside the warehouse. had to complete my assignment with lots of distraction. Had lead levels up do to being in a refinery environment.
Hot dirty and long days
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 13, 2018
Like working in a prison walk through metal detectors on and off production floor random searches not to mention high chance of lead poisoning not good
Pros
tv in break room
Cons
everything
Good place for advancement
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 24, 2018
I've learn to appreciate the upper management
The area where I work is fast pace and the environment is friendly, the hardest part of any job is when employees fail to show up for work. what I enjoy the most is developing employees.
Pros
Leads
A average day.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 23, 2018
Well, Enjoyed job but can be improved with better management. The hardest part of the day is doing the overtime thats more then 12 hours. I also like the things I learned.
Great people, nice benefits
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2018
Meaningful work and genuinely helpful people make ECS a good place to work. Collaboration on industry verticals cross-indexed against regional sales reps helps the entire team succeed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low salaries
productive work envirionment
tier 2 dismantler, c.r.t dismantler (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 14, 2018
I learn a great deal from ecs I've gotten my fork lift there I've learned data entry there, I have learned how to dismantle electronics from laptops to tablets to also t.v.s old models to new models
It was fun place to work at and the people
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 12, 2018
I really enjoy working with people in ecs people like to cooperate specially your co worker. Bosses trust my work when he needs something done quickly he ask me to do it and I would quickly finish in the deadline for the orders
Pros
Get along well with bosses
Cons
Short breaks
busy
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 8, 2018
fast pace environment with alot of chance to move up in warehouse. daily use of cherry picker and rf scanners to pick products for customers. i would recommend
Good team of workers - Management lagged due to turnover
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 6, 2018
250,000+ sf building with multiple operations within the facility. Walked the facility several times per day to review operations, check organization, check in with supervisors and managers. Held daily operations meetings, weekly safety meetings, monthly management meetings. Upper management changed frequently which created issues throughout the operations. A once dynamic company which was able to adjust to various inbound materials and outgoing commodities, became stagnant. It became increasingly difficult to be effective as a manager due to the constant upper level personnel changes. Working with the mid level supervisors and managers as well as the production leads and operators was the best part of the job other than being a part of the success the company had until the management changes started.
Benefits
Cons
lack of annual reviews or compensation
Productiveness and dedication leads to great values as a strong team.
Test Tech / Data Support (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 17, 2018
A productive day at work was to meet our high percentage goal of the week with hard work kept in order, dedication by getting the job done accurately in a timely matter and working together as a team, most importantly following the workplace safety guidelines. By doing so the team would be announced to meetings rewarded with recognition along with food and gifts for appreciation of team effort.
10 minute not 15 minute breaks
flat panel dismantler (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Everyday I dreaded work because they dont allow you to grow a 5 o clock shadow and My beard tends to grow fast. Management pretends to be on your side but they aren't very nice. The hardest part of the job is what everyone must do and that is reach a quota. If you don't you eventually get fired and never get a raise. I didn't enjoy this job very much. I had to suit up and wear a helmet like as if some t.v. was gonna fall from the ceiling and hit me. I don't recommend this job to anyone, everyday you go through security gates and it feels like you are a criminal. And breaks are really 10 minutes...not 15.
Pros
you get paid. thats it.
Cons
short breaks, quotas, dust and mandatory shaving rules.
Shutting down
Tester/ Sorter/ Order Puller ECT (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARDecember 20, 2017
It was a ok place to work but they are shutting down as of today the pay was ok the hours not bad off on Saturday, Sunday and Mondays thanks and have a good day
They are closing
Tester/Sorter/Order puller etc (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARDecember 20, 2017
Ecs is a fun place to work except for they are closing down for good as of 12/20/17 so they will no longer be hiring for any positions thank you very much.
Ecs was sressful because it involved dismantling of house hold appliances like tvs lab tops etc
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 15, 2017
Is a job of recycling which is is good for the environment and manufacturers breaking of these appliances manually is energy sapping and the compensation is inadequate compared to the energy invested.
Pros
Lunch should be subsidised
Cons
Breaks extended to an hour
They had a pin pong table in the caffeteria
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  2222 s ainclair aveAugust 10, 2017
I learned how to thrive been a supervisor thanks to the manager that was training me also hands on and learn skills to work on the computer and also communication was the 1 key and to do safety meetings weekly also daily planning
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short breaks
verry fast paced work enviorment great pay and benifits
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  2222 s sinclair.stockton.caJune 21, 2017
Working at ecs was an awesome place to work great pay plenty of overtime great bennifits awesome supervisors great management good discounts and just an all around great place to work
Pros
discounts on electronics lots of overtime great benifits
Awsome
Purchasing/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 27, 2017
ECS give people chances. I started out as a data clerk then worked my way up within 5 months of being employed with them. I would refer any person who is looking for a job to go there.