ECUMEN Employee Reviews

Good place to get started as a resident assistant
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwood Young America, MNJune 6, 2018
Decent place to work, semi-stressful because you're taking care of elderly people. Work was pretty fast paced but easy to get used to! Very rewarding job, the residents made lasting impressions on me.
Pros
Easy to pick up hours
Cons
Short breaks, always understaffed
better than some
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Chisago City, MNJune 4, 2018
while this company is better than some nursing homes, they still work their nursing and cna staff so hard...we are understaffed always and you never really know if you're able to go home at the end of your shift because someone called in sick (or supposedly sick cuz there's never any good enough reason other than saying your sick to not be there....and for some reason, people wait till the last minute to call in).....i think they have a little better moral compass than some other nursing homes, but still it's ridiculous how hard people are working and for such low pay....not for me
Pros
very rewarding work...love the residents
Cons
low pay...very hard work
A great company doing great things
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNMay 9, 2018
I was with Ecumen for just over two years. The company was fabulous. The industry is constantly changing which makes it challenging - no two days are the same - exactly what I was looking for. I was able to work autonomously, yet go to my boss (or anybody at home office) for support.

It was a pleasure working for Ecumen - the people (staff and residents and their families, the folks at home office) made it all amazing.
Pros
Great benefits, supportive culture, amazing food, superb people at the site
Cons
My commute to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 5, 2018
The housing managers at the time I was there were fantastic. The residents were adorable. Some were not. Benefits were good. I loved my role in housekeeping keeping the rooms cleaned and ordering supplies.
Pros
Job position
Cons
Bringing housekeeping cart to building that was scheduled to clean
Scenic Shores is a GREAT place
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Two Harbors, MNApril 17, 2018
I really enjoyed my time with Ecumen. As a team we made strides in regulatory compliance, financials, employee satisfaction and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Over regulated industry
Opportunity to help residents achieve day to day basic needs
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNApril 9, 2018
My time with Ecumen was overall a good experience and gave me many opportunities to become a better employee and individual. Ecumen provided me with a job while I continued my schooling towards my Associates in Science degree.
Pros
Great co-workers, flexibility in hours and days
Cons
Short breaks often ending to soon due to short staff, no room for advancement
When you’re accused of the same thing time after time after working there for years
(RA)Resident assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth MinnesotaApril 2, 2018
When you are accused time after time for the same thing you get pretty tired of it and they find out it’s not true it is so hard to prove yourself against the management they listen to one person but they don’t listen to the other side
Pros
Loved working with the residence
Cons
Management is horrible, when you have a boss that talks about co- works, behind their back, To me-that boss tal to other coworkers abou othe coworkers, I thought bosses weren't supposed to do it, can’t work in a place like this when you get back stabbedevery day, and have to worry about if you are the one that’s being talked about .
Friendly atmosphere
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed working there the staff and residents are friendly. Took care of clients by helping them out with adl's,vitals,med passing,transfers,showers...Etc
Cut throat and cliquey
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 11, 2018
Management is cut throat and cliquey at Ecumen. Management sits in their offices and discuss their personal lives and put workers down who do not want to participate in this kind of behavior.
Their onboarding process is horrible....management is supposed to host newhires in the buildings, but it is very obvious that the members of management do not want to be there.

My facility was a very hostile work environment.
Pros
Friendly residents
Cons
Short staffed, constant look over shoulder
work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, MNJanuary 30, 2018
great place to work but there is lots of drama and you will always get stuck working over time or have to stay longer is the next shift doesn't she up.
February 7, 2018

Thank you for your review. We recognize the demands of working in senior housing and we are grateful for the dedication of our staff in ensuring our residents receive the best care and making Ecumen communities great places to live. Your comments have been shared with Ecumen leadership.

Great Place to Work!
Foundation Relations Director (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJanuary 24, 2018
Flexible hours, great leadership, fun projects. Absolutely enjoyed working and learning here and would recommend anyone interested in a position there apply. It's a very innovative organization. If you don't like change, you won't like it there.
February 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your recommendation of our company. We are a nonprofit organization that prides itself in its Core Values - Honor, Empower, Innovate and Serve. Your comments have been shared with Leadership

Good place to begin
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chisago City, MNJanuary 22, 2018
The management in this LTC facility is not good. The DON and head of HR are best friends which leaves no safe place to go with any issues you may have. Scheduling is crazy, reminds me of working in a restaurant while in high school. Being short staffed is the norm, being denied the use of PTO is also the norm. The management does not seem to care about the residents and the quality of care they deserve.
I love the residents, the job itself and my co workers. Moving on because transitioning to days is not possible here and the management is so out of touch. (the management issue will probably be everywhere based on research.)
Pros
great co workers
Cons
unrealistic expectations of management
Tense environment with horrible management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Pelican Rapids, MNJanuary 9, 2018
I worked at the facility on and off for 15 years. Once ecumen took over management of the local small skilled nursing facility things began to change. Since the last executive director was hired, the facility has lost over 20 long term workers and forced out every team leader and director. Now our town and board members are left trying to get ecumen out of our small community and attempt to pick up the pieces of a cruel and broken system.
Pros
Residents and local community
Cons
Bad management, very tense environment, fear of retaliation for communicating
Used to be a good place to work.
Resident Assistant/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDDecember 18, 2017
If the current manager wasn't there this facility would be a great place to work. I used to think of it as my home away from home. The staff that used to be there was there for the residents and made the facility a home instead of an institution. I would go back there to work if management changed hands.
Unethical and no empathy for the elderly
Nurse (Former Employee) –  IdahoDecember 1, 2017
Unethical, lied to state surveyors, disregarded resident rights and had no empathy for the elderly. Many reached out to corporate HR without response.
December 5, 2017

Thank you for expressing your concerns. Ecumen is dedicated to the dignity and respect of our residents, families and employees, and has a strong history of providing excellent care at Luther Park at Sandpoint.

Employees and others with suggestions or concerns can utilize the Ecumen Connect system 24/7. If you would like to share further information about the concerns you raised, please visit www.ecumenconnect.org or call 1-844-614-2498. Your comments can remain anonymous.

Management is KEY
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 17, 2017
The absolute best part about working for ecumen was the friends i made. And the residents. The management is absolutley terrible. I have never felt so disrespected or belittled in my entire life. As far as work the work load was way more than 1 person can do in 8.5 hours. Then you get told to clock out on time. its not possible.
Pros
loving residents, great coworkers
Cons
terrible management, treated poorly, extremly under appreciated
Good place to work for, but they need more help
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNOctober 29, 2017
I worked for this place for a very long time and enjoyed all of the residents. I just believe Ecumen needs to really look at getting more people to work Each job to help get everything done in a timely manner for the residents. You will be pushed to hurry and get things done on time but the last time I worked there a lot of people were willing to help with anything and made it a really great place to work knowing you always had someone to help if needed even if it put them behind.
Horrible
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 24, 2017
Management is terrible. Communication is terrible! They really don't care about their employees. They don't stick to their word. They don't make you aware of a problem until it's too late. One example a resident had complained about something minor & I was unaware of it until MONTHS later at my yearly review. Not sure how a person is supposed to correct a problem when they weren't aware of the problem in the first place. Instead of helping you figure out ways to try to correct or fix a problem they just yell at you. They also never really care or listen to what you have to say. They had also told me they had re-trained me at one time when in fact they did NOT re-train me. Co-workers gossip & blame you for things you didn't do. The only thing I liked about working here was getting to know the residents.
Pros
Nice residents, good but expensive insurance
Cons
Management is terrible
Worse Nursing Home/ Assisted Living Place I've Ever Worked At
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, MNAugust 17, 2017
The employees have poor work ethic, and attitudes. They disrespect the residents and new staff. The workers who are actual good workers aren't appreciated one bit. You got overnight staff who has there children showing up drunk and high, sleeping on the job and covering for each other, bullying other staff, giving out personal information, pills going missing, and falls not being reported. The scheduler sucks, management doesn't care about real concerns, they are so clicky, staff are pigs and leave garbage in the hallways, there should be more security throughout the building. Not mention terrible pay.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Staff, management, pay, scheduling, poor attitudes, poor work ethic, need more training, pill pushers
Well balanced work place
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNAugust 3, 2017
Pass medications to residents. Change any dressing treatments. Mange/supervise CNA's. Document and chart any changes for residents. Place and administer doctor orders.
Pros
Paid very well
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ECUMEN. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight