EDAC TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Edac
Advanced Engine Program Cell Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 5, 2019
Work/life culture as a supervisor is unbalanced. We are expected to be available 24 hours a day 7 days a week even while on a vacation day.

Overall, its a good company with vision an opportunity.
If you are looking for a career, keep looking.
Quality (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTFebruary 21, 2019
There are some good people but there are a few less intelligent than but aspire to be Gordon Gecko types. Cold and heartless master of the universe types that will make every effort to tell you aren't good enough so they can keep paying you less while they make more. If that's the sort of thing you're into, have at it. Otherwise, make a better choice if you have one.
Pros
Learn a few things and move on.
Cons
Stifling environment.
Dirty. Disrespectful upper management.
Full time position as a composites technician (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYDecember 18, 2018
No upward mobility. Jobs that could be filled by advancing your employees are filled by upper managements unqualified and inexperienced children. You are looked down on and talked down to.
Pros
It paid my bills so that I could feed myself and not die
No chance for advancement
Centerless Grinding Machinist (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 7, 2018
Coworkers were helpful.
It was my first manufacturing job.
Had to constantly watch and go to each machine to make sure they were running.
Worked around 50 hours a week sometimes more.
Benefits
Cons
No chance for advancement
Pressure and stress
Employee (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 16, 2018
Everything seemed fine till management brought in some fresh blood to harass and intimidate employees. Threats and demeaning language aimed at the employees for no reason is the new norm.
poor management, lack of traing and night supervision
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJuly 29, 2018
I worked nights and everyone on the night shift slacked off playing xbox. supervision on nights were non existent, the atmosphere of the place felt like a prison.
alright place
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 30, 2018
edac is a good place to work but the benefits and paid off time are not all that. i beleive that if the invesment company that owes them sell them and they get bought it will be a better company in general
Good place if you get the right salary
Tool Designer (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMarch 15, 2018
OK place to work for a midlevel career change. Lots of machining process training and staging of turning components. Aerospace work is always a plus to have on you resume.
Bait and Switch
Quality Inspector Level III (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 14, 2017
Managers are hands off, so hands off you never see them. There is no formal training program, and most of the employees have been fired or are cast offs from other companies. In Cheshire there is constant turnover on a regular basis. Managers routinely take the word of another employee on your job performance and usually that employee is protecting their OT hours, so it's in their interest to undercut you.

Morale is very low and absenteeism is common. Most employees have resumes posted on other job boards and have one foot out the door. I worked in quality and quit when another employee constantly made mistakes and blamed others for his mistakes, cursed at people, and came to find out he was fired from several other area companies. After I quit, my manager begged me to reconsider saying he would make changes. After I came back to work, I was terminated after two weeks. When I asked why, there was no explanation provided. At this point I had turned down another job offer from another company. He couldn't have cared less. Nice guy. Of course he was the third quality manager in 18 mos time.

I'm lucky I found another job in a week, most people won;t be that lucky,
Pros
You can leave at any time
Cons
Slow pace, high turnover, low employee morale
Good place for work if you cannot find something better
Cnc machinists (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 10, 2017
To much favoritism and very bad respect for people from team leader. Work,learn and go. If you like to stay make sure you stay away from milling department.
Pros
$20 gift card for stop and shop for Christmas
Cons
Could be better respect for people
ok place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  multiple CT locationsNovember 5, 2017
a fast growing company that centers on Aircraft parts, long contracts in place, great HR team, OK managers throughout the product lines, owned by a fluid holding company
Materail Controller
Production Planner, Material Controller (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 27, 2017
Edac is a great place to work for they hired me to fix their inventory and gave me all the tools and time I needed to complete the job. Cross trained me in other aspects of the company. Over all great place to work for.
Pros
great enviroment, parties when we met or exceede our goals
Good place
CNC/. Set-up/operator (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJune 19, 2017
Nice to work for, good experience, lots of hands on work 1 and 2 off parts , good expectations of all employees, zero percent scrap rate encouraged. Good benefits but a little expensive.
Good experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 30, 2017
Worked as an intern for 2 years, staff very helpful and knowledgable and always willing to explain things.
Learned about working in EH&S and IT from very good managers.
No Comment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTMarch 9, 2017
EDAC is a company undergoing transformation. The structure, capability, and market focus of the company is evolving. EDAC is a privately held company.
Amazing learning experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTFebruary 23, 2017
It was my first job ever and I have learn so much from working here. I have learn much about Information Technology and how it interacts with the business world. Learned many skills from networking, telecommunications, and administrations.
All the good ones are gone
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJanuary 13, 2017
I worked at EDAC through 3 moves, ending at the beautiful Cheshire location. Probably to balance the books, since the move to Cheshire, the benefits went down the toilet, and the pay stagnated. I had a boss who could be bought off with Italian grinders, and the corrupt HR dept couldn't mind their OWN ethics, never mind lecturing us on ours. Fortunately, most of the HR problems have been sacked, just one more to go.
If you are lucky enough to work in the Precision Components group, you had better learn Polish. If you are Polish, you can watch WiFi TV, text and talk on your phone with no problem. Americans are routinely treated as garbage. The Polish have their rules, and everyone else has to toe the line. That being said, one boss is good, the other a piece of human debris.
Go to EDAC to gain skills and move on, although there really aren't any jobs for beginners. As an aside, most of the people who have left were not slackers, but rather very skilled people who got fed up.
I had dreams of finally moving up, but realized I don't speak the right language and don't know a decent Italian grinder shop.
Pros
Parking is getting better every week
Cons
Expensive benefits, favortism, corrupt HR
A bunch of miserabe unhappy people!
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTDecember 20, 2016
The AP/AR supervisor is a rude miserable sad control freak and she does not know how to be a good supervisor is she was even trained. People like that Should not have supervisory roles. I was trained for 2 days and told to handle the work on my own. My co-workers were anti social and miserable and I learned absolutely nothing while I was there.
Pros
Ample Parking
Cons
very rude unprofessional people
Good place to work and if you not a slacker and work hard there is big chance you will get promoted!
Turning operator (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTOctober 9, 2016
Its a good place to work , I see many people leaving bad reviews for Edac but I am preety sure most of those are from people that could not keep thier jobs and in a result of poor work performance and bad additude have been let go. Edac is known from promoting people within but in order this to happen you need to prove that you are worth it and not come in to work half hour late every morning with coffe and newspaper in your hand. Bosses are ok , hr too overall atmosphere is friendly.
Pros
Flexible shedule, ac, friendly coworkers, good leadership team
Cons
Helth insurance, benefits
A job, not a career
Hourly Worker (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTSeptember 7, 2016
It was once a great company, but is only a shadow of its former self. An attitude of indifference from the top down. Employees leave in droves year after year. Management has no long term plan for the company's survival. The corporation has managed to stay afloat by raping and pillaging benefits from it's employees and the high turnover rate reflects this. Penny greedy and dollar foolish is standard operating procedure. It has the potential to be a successful enterprise but the people with the power to affect positive change show no drive to do so.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Uncertain future