EDAG Engineering GmbH

Working at EDAG Engineering GmbH: 10 Reviews

United States10 reviews

Okay place to work

average health insurance, average work, average pay.Some people belong to an "inner circle" with management.There was quite some gossiping going on among coworkers.

Fun Place to work

Its a cool place to work, You can Work on different domains... Management is friendly. You are given a free hand at work. Colleagues are helpful. Friendly and Happy places all around.

EDAG Engineering GmbH insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Not the best management team

Company is not well run and the management seems more worried about protecting their bonus than employee success. It is more important to keep money rolling in that keeping the customers happy, management doesn't seem to realize that happy customers create repeat business.Expectations for the people are unrealistic, and goals set by the management team are almost impossible to meet. Processes and directions are in a continuous state of change and you never know what to expect from day to day.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

Poor Work-life balance, low compensation compared to the industry.

EDAG is in general a great place to work

As CEO North America it is my responsibility to create productive environment for my team and our customers. For myself I learned all about automotive engineering and managing teams/ projects. I feel the hardest is the life of a consultant business and a very short term based business

I enjoyed my stay but left only to a huge opportunity in a country new to me. I am glad I did both jobs. I learned and performed at a high level for each positions.

Hire and layoff for every project....then they dispute the layoff.

Edag ops in Europe run well. Ops in the USA run outside of established data security standards...shortcutting best practices. Generally ran like a job shop with poorly defined roles. Usually occupied heavily with foreign leadership.

Very exciting atmosphere and a great learning experience!

At EDAG, Inc. I assisted the plant manager at the manufacturing facility in Troy, MI and also the Director of Manufacturing at the headquarters facility in Auburn Hills, MI. At the manufacturing plant facility, which at the time was a brand new facility for EDAG, I was the only administrative assistant and was able to experience the challenging role of setting up a new office. I maintained the entire office while assisting the plant manager and over 200 plant workers. While working for the director, I performed a wide variety of administrative duties for not only the director but for numerous project managers and over 100 engineers and designers. Everyone of my coworkers were amazing and I learned so much about project management and plant management. EDAG had a great intern program for young individuals from Germany. It was a pleasure working and learning from these interns as I was one of the team members who welcomed and worked with them to teach about the processes of EDAG, Inc.

Pros

Very exciting working for / with individuals from Germany

Cons

Communication was at times difficult seeing as I do not speak German

I thoroughly Enjoyed Working For EDAG

A Typical workday starts at 6:00. Workers are willing always helpful as we often work as a team to get projects completed. I worked in a tooling department consisting of 15 - 25 co-workers. The management is very passionate about keeping projects going so their subordinates are employed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the willingness of management to accept design ideas from CAD designers.

Productive and ambitious work ethic in a family friendly environment.

My responsibilities at EDAG allowed me to expand my knowledge as well as use my expertise adequately. The management sought to utilize its workforce in the best possible manner. Productivity was rewarded and educational self-improvement encouraged.

Pros

Positive CAN-DO attitudes and ambitious management

Cons

Lack of long lengths on programs

Working for EDAG was a great experience.

I lead 5 to 40 designers and engineers. When managing you must be a good listener. Everyone is unique and you should develope the positives. Laying off / firing an employee was very hard. Getting the group working as a team to take a project from concept to build was awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EDAG Engineering GmbH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about EDAG Engineering GmbH in popular locations

• EDAG Engineering GmbH
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?