EDCO Health Information Solutions, Inc.

EDCO Health Information Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not Much To Say
Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 17, 2018
The folks I worked with were great.

My biggest issue is that they are SO focused on production, they neglect their employees other skills. Also, their break/lunch policies are not healthy for everyone.
Pros
Good Folks, Vending has lunch food, they do care for their people
Cons
Short breaks, harsh focus on production
If the shoe fits
Medical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 5, 2018
If you sat at the right lunch table in school, you'll fit in great here.
It's a great company with great advancement opportunities; amazing pay... poor environment if you do not wish to be judged on a daily basis.
Pros
Awesome opportunity, steady and reliable work flow
Cons
Rude people
Fast paced yet relaxed
Review Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 16, 2018
Required to make rate so that can be stressful. There are days where there is little work so sometimes people go home early. Can be gossipy which stinks. Managers and supervisors are helpful and work with you if you go to them with questions. Fun competitions among the teams to keep up with morale. Easy job if you can pay attention to detail. The starting pay is wonderful, paid training, 2 weeks of vacation after a year, a week at 6 months, and floating holiday's paid.
Pros
Vacation pay, clean, Fast paced
Cons
health insurance, quiet, morale
Easy going and advancment opportunites
Review Analyst (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 10, 2018
Like with any job there will be bad days, and days that you do not want to go to work. If you show up and put forth the effort you will get rewarded. I have worked here for a little over a year and I have seen several people come and go. Mostly those that go are because they are not at the standard for Quality of work or their attendance is really lacking. Some leave for other reasons but that is the majority of why someone gets fired. I am not saying that this place is the absolute best but they Managers are working on making it a better place. Supervisors are sometimes lacking and should be held to the same standards.
Pros
Good pay, Pto, Advancements
Cons
Appreciate, your, workers
I hear it is better now
Review Lead (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 2, 2018
The job itself is repetitive and simple enough, yet challenging if you do not have attention to detail. You have to be able to balance quality and speed. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement. You can use earbuds and listen to music or podcasts, but this privilege can be lost if you make a lot of errors. The fact that there is no phone work, simple repetitive document recognition work and quality checking regarding patient information for HIPAA purposes, can actually make this job a very nice, less stressful alternative to call center life. There was some difficulty with management at one point, and over the course of a year or two, there were several turnovers with the set of supervisors. I am given to understand things are now quite pleasant.
Pros
Repetitive, can use earbuds, no customer service calls
Cons
Gossipy, possibly stressful depending on the person
Flexible and fun working environment.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 28, 2018
Software development is structured into agile teams, so you are immediately part of a group working on a common goal. The department has good software patterns and practices that they follow. Everyone is very open to aiding each other when struggling on some task.
Pros
great team dynamic and get to work in latest technologies
Cons
The benefits are limited
Flexible and fun working environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 28, 2018
Pros
great team dynamic, latest technology
Cons
The benefits are limited
Sioux Falls Office Review
Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 28, 2018
This is by far my favorite place I have worked since I graduated college. The environment in Sioux Falls is fun and full of laughter. We know when to bunker down and work hard, but we also know when to just relax and have fun.

The VP of Engineering is hard working and very open to your ideas and feedback.

The managers are all very relaxed and easy going and pretty flexible on how they work with their teams and allowing for flexibility in your schedules if you need to be.
Pros
Daily Hacky Sack Sessions (Optional), Sick Time
Cons
Use it or Lose it Vacation
Official response from EDCO Health Information Solutions, Inc.
March 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear that this is your favorite place to work since graduating college.

Sioux Falls Office
Software QA Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 28, 2018
This is the first job that I have worked, where I do not wake up and think "I don't want to go to work." I actually enjoy going to work everyday and the people I work with. It is a fun environment and we all work very hard, but we all play hard too.
Quick working environment
Demolition Laborer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Good hours but just don’t pay much is the only thing that is a downfall to the job. But if you like working hard and looking to get some good hours edco is the place to be
Official response from EDCO Health Information Solutions, Inc.
March 19, 2018

While we appreciate the 5 stars, this review must have been done in error as we do not have Demolition Laborers on staff nor an office in San Diego, CA.

Poor Management/OK Job
Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 26, 2018
Management only hears what they want to hear. If you aren't one of the favorites you won't get anywhere career-wise. Lots of back stabbing and drama. Management can be very unprofessional. President of company is a control freak at the expense of the employees. Benefits are pretty good. Pay is OK. Job is not bad at all. It's the management and environment that make it a less than ideal place to work.
Pros
Benefits, low stress job
Cons
Favoritism, poor management, high drama
Depressing Morale; high turnover
Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 25, 2018
We were treated like dollar signs. Micromanaged. If you’re not producing to their liking, then get fired. The job itself is boring and monotonous causing people to just constantly gossip. It’s just an awful place to work for. They do not value their employees.
Pros
2 15 minute paid breaks, 2 floating holidays
Cons
Mandatory overtime, morale, management, boring
If not in a group than you where a nobody.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 12, 2018
Was not part of a team. Was an outsider and stayed an outsider. Events where nice but had low participation from my team. Was judged and punished for things I did not understand clearly.
Pros
Cons
Respect was lacking
Daily Summary
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 15, 2017
Face paced work environment. We worked extremely hard to meet contractual turn around times.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing someone succeed.
Pros
Dress Code
intolerable and boring
Review Analyst (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 14, 2017
They use scare tactics to "improve productivity". My supervisor looks at me like I'm a low life peasant. My lead is having cigarette withdrawals and has targeted me for loud ridicule and public reprimands. Very unprofessional...Business 101 do not embarrass or berate your employees in front of other employees. Favoritism is the norm.
Pros
Cons
Rampant favoritism
BA (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 9, 2017
Great place to work. I have found everyone to be helpful and knowledgeable. Pay and benefits are competitive for this area. I recommend that you apply if your qualifications meet the need :)
Not a good place to work
Medical Biller and Coder (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 7, 2017
Mandatory over time for months upon hire. You have 10 weeks to “get to goal” 8 weeks in I was moved to a different campaign and had to start all over. They play favorites like crazy. I dreaded working from 6am to 6pm Monday through Friday. No concern for “personal life.” While I was there, there was so much talk of people just wanting to quit that this job wasn’t worth it. And it’s really not
Stress
Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 3, 2017
Mandatory overtime for months, the job was not described to be complex. Pay not worth what stress you had to deal with.
Management plays favorites. If not a favorite, the job was very difficult. Found that one thing would be told to you and then another would happen. Management is very judgmental and if you aren’t a favorite, then you will not be looked at to move up.
Cons
Pay
Poor Management Communication
Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 29, 2017
Working here was a lot like working in a day care, and the management was the children. They were constantly changing their minds about rules and policies, and it really mate the environment stressful.
Horrible pay
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 12, 2017
Worked there almost nine years with two raises. When I first started it was employee motivated then became something else. You want to mean something to a company this just anit the one.