Edcouch-Elsa ISD

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things

Politics

Local school just politics. Would not like to leave a comment on this place at this moment. I went though a reduction in force due to political moves.

Highly political school board who solicit bribes to keep you employed. Corrupt school board.

The school board is the main problem with this district with constant bribes and corruption. Board members wish to be elected to be served as opposed to serving needs of students.

Fun workplace

The people were polite, friendly environment to look foward to working there would recommend any one to work there. The management very understanding and helpful

Good work place the teachers and staff were very nice and gelpful.

I really liked working for the E-E district but it was only temporary since I was just a substitute teacher. I would one day want to go back and be a teacher when I get my teachers license.

Pros

Good atmosphere

Cons

30 minute lunches

Area of limited employment and limited progress

Work more than 40 hrs, no pay raise, no advancement, politically motivated. Requires long hours of hard work, commitment and dedication with o key reward being from students success.

Pros

Career

Cons

No advancement

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Great environment

The staff and Administration is amazing at EEISD, I would not change it for the world. Genuinely care about employees as well as the children and families they serve.

Substitute Teacher

Typical day consisted of following the lesson plans left behind the absent teacher, the students were good to me and respected the rules for the most part.

Excellent place to work. Individuals worked together towards the same goals. The students came first having them learn at there own pace was great for their confidence.

awesome culture

i loved working there when i would be called in to substitute, it was a great environment and having awesome kids working around with. i love every day i went in.

Easy and Part time

Overall was a good experience for being a working, high school student. The pay suited my needs at the time, and the work was enjoyable. Worked alongside mt closest friends and had fun sharing our work assignments.

Pros

were around classmates

Cons

Many many hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Edcouch-Elsa ISD?

School and administrators need more trainning

Administrators need to give the proper tools and training to their staff. In order for an institution to grow into a better one there has to be team work.

Pros

As a teacher your heart fills with love when you see your students thrive

Cons

co-workers should work together not against each other

Nice and quiet overnight

Typical day of work was going in and make sure everything was locked and secured. What I learned on t his job was to take everything serious. The management wasn't so great. The hardest part of the job was working really late hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was when working alone.

I enjoyed my 8 years of teaching there.

I started my teaching career there. I started working as a para-professional with migrant students. I continued my education part time. I learned first hand what it is to teach students. I have met many of the students I had then as professors, teachers, mechanics and many other professions.

Pros

Close to where I lived.

Cons

Pressure from the administration.

great office job for hs student

was very great, friendly place probably my favorite job so far

exciting workplace, great co workers and students.

Diverse work environment with different situations in every work day. Excellent opportunity to gain social knowledge of student behavior and teaching experience.

Pros

workin with students, gaining first hand experience with youth and understanding their complex personalities.

Cons

being able to handle different sizes of classrooms and different subjects every work day.

Substitute teacher

Substitute Teacher (Grades 7-12) • Plan and follow teacher’s lesson plan in their absence • Engage and communicate with students with their assigned task • Uphold a secure environment by following school’s policy and procedures to ensure each and every student’s safety

Fun

As my hometown i enjoyed working with edcouch elsa because i knew everyone as a friend or personally from teachers to students and students to parents. The only issue with edcouch elsa was the politics and hiring substitutes that were there for the paycheck instead of making the day no different than if the teacher were there.

Pros

family community

Cons

politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edcouch-Elsa ISD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Edcouch-Elsa ISD Reviews by Location