Eddie Bauer
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

United States898 reviews

eddiestoreretailclothingsaleassociateclothediscount

Productive lots to learn about all the different products. Need to be knowledgeable.

Not a bad company to work for. Needed better upper management. To many floor moves and not enough help. People did not stay long with the company. Did floor moves late at night. Not a lot of changes to move up in the company. Lots of unnecessary drama. Upper management did recruit people looking to move them up even though they did not have management experience.

Pros

Easy if you are just a cashier.

Cons

Short breaks, not enough time to eat.

Good environment

I enjoyed working here. I liked my coworkers and the hours were not bad. Location was great only 20 mins from my house. Manager was always friendly and knew her job and explained everyones very clearly and was a great help.

Eddie Bauer insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Average Retail Job

There was nothing exciting about working for Eddie Bauer. I spent most work days bored out of my mind, but my coworkers made it bearable. But that's really what I expected from retail. At least we are paid above minimum wage.

Never again

if you want to work somewhere with no room for advancement here is the place to be . I would not recommend working here people are rude and management is a joke

pruductive and organized environment

Productive and fun workplace with good people, clean and organized environment, you have to stand for long periods of time, but you can listen to music, but you can only have one earbud in your ear.

Pros

flexibility with tasks

Cons

short breaks

fun

good fun , no problems. enjoy the environment , and the people that surround me. covid hit when i worked there so i wasn’t there for long at all lol.

Meh.

It's a clothing retail job. So like, it's not a good job, but I guess it wasn't horrible either. The team is whats going to make or break the experience, and I liked my team.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Retail

Excelente ambiente de trabajo

Recomiendo la empresa para laborar, excelente equipo de trabajo y buen ambiente laboral

Once was amazing

Management was amazing! Eddie Bauer provided a wonderful training program. Great discount. Great products and quality so selling it was easy. Overall, loved it.

The company has an excellent framework.

My experience at Eddie Bauer was rewarding. I loved working there. I most enjoyed working with customers, the physical demands of a big store, the challenge of meeting sales goals

Hard and attentive work can get you noticed.

A little hard work and good communication skills will go a long way here. Sounds simple but you would be surprised. Don't be shy about your accomplishments; it just might place you on the right person's radar come a time of need for them.

relaxing place of work

As a part time employee, it was a great place to work while finishing school. Got to learn about retail and meet people that enjoyed all of the outdoor activities.

What is the best part of working at the company?The customers What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Bad upper management

One Person Ruined The Whole Milieu

I can't tell you what happened here. It was good and nice, but also awful. I don't know how else to put it but that. It wasn't the best place to work, but it started out as a great place. One person ruined the whole environment and atmosphere. One person. Whether they meant to or not, that one person was always throwing a proverbial monkey wrench into the machinery of the workplace morale, which was otherwise quite high and brotherly/familial.

Pros

Familial atmosphere

Cons

Unstable supervisor

Alright workplace

Easy growth opportunities, great benefits for full time employees, flexible scheduling if you’re in school or have a second job. Upper management is very nice and understanding

Production work place

es una muy buena empresa para trabajar, especialmente en el segundo turno, no están detrás de que te acoses y exijas números.The negative is that they change their schedule during production days.

I enjoy how all the stores in the area help each other out by sending people to help.

What's good... my talents are not being wasted!!I can straighten up any area set to task. Play scavenger hunt when we do "ship from store" is always exciting and a great challenge. Also seeing where the items are going is very interesting. What's bad... is not being paid any pay increases over four years and denying payment upon completion of expense reports.

Pros

Base store is located 6 blocks away.

Cons

Other stores are farther and expence report has to be filled out and getting paid...

Filled orders ! I liked my job. Very good business they like to see you grow .... Good managers who cared about all the employees. I enjoyed my stay

Pros

Just loved the atmosphere

Cons

N/a

It's fine for retail if you have a good store manager

Worked there for 11+ years. It was fine, it fit what I needed at the time. The store employees are usually good overall. Upper management is a joke for the most part.

Pros

Good people, no uniform

Cons

Terrible upper management

Job was fun

I had fun working here. Was manly a stocker. Unpacked boxes and hung clothes up. Restocked the floor the employees where nice and pretty cool. I liked the job just when it got to winter hours I sadly had to leave although I enjoyed the job

Toxic corp management

Poser outdoor company and they could careless about the people they work for them. No work life balance. Old school and no support. Broken processes. No support from corporate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Bauer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight