Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

Best Job I've Had!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 13, 2019
I cannot say enough good things about Eddie Bauer! Great management, great coworkers, great customers 99% of the time too. Not to mention a crazy good discount. I loved working here!
Unorganized
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 7, 2019
Worked there for over a month i wanted to get hired on but on dec 29 they let everybody go at end of peak promising jobs to everybody like they always do but i was paid good for holidays.
Eb
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILJanuary 3, 2019
I worked as a consultant for Eddie Bauer. I could not answer questions regarding employee benefits. As a consultant, I was hired to do technical work for them. I was treated fairly.
Sales associate of men and women's clothing
Assistant Manager of retail store (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 2, 2019
Job was in the Mall of America. The store was busy most of the time. The holiday season was very busy. It was stressful trying to keep up during this time period.
Wonderful Company with Good Employees
Backstock Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 31, 2018
You learn much about the company before anything, it’s based more on being an outdoor enthusiast than most stores and as such wants to put those same enthusiasts first. Very good with employees as well and very relaxed environment especially for retail.
Pros
Relaxed, discounts, certificates.
Cons
Short breaks
Several employees were treated poorly by management.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 27, 2018
I stared working doing sales for men's clothes. Before long, I had some of the highest sales at Eddie Bauer. I was completely motivated. But then another employee started taking credit for the sales that I was making. Management even promoted him. But they did nothing about it when I complained. So I left.
Pros
everyone had their own selling style
Cons
managment style
Company throws employees under the bus.
Assistant Manager - Operations (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 25, 2018
Do not ever expect corporate to have your back in any customer complaint circumstance. Managers have no real authority. District managers turn a blind eye to employees “forced” to work off the clock. They never out right say it, but the workload is unmanageable for a retail store. 80 hours a week and you still feel unaccomplished at the end of the day. Loose return policy makes it so that employees cannot meet their quotas in terms of sales. Company treats you as just another number.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Pay isn’t work the stress and workload
Best place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHDecember 18, 2018
love what i do at Eddie Bauer that's why i gave up my manager position with another company. would stay but going into my primary field of study,.....
stressful, cut throat
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, PA 15301December 7, 2018
there was a daily goal for each associate to meet for credit card applications. Every week, if an associate wasn't meeting their goal, there was a "discussion" from upper management to let that associate go. We were not on commission, but had an individual goal. Once again, if an associate wasn't meeting that weekly goal, another "discussion" occurred. I would have associates come in and ask if they were getting fired that day for not meeting goals. A stressful workplace where the employees were fighting over sales, and credit apps.
Pros
I enjoyed the associates
Cons
long hours, constant threats of job loss
It was pretty cool
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2018
There were slow days then quick paced days. Slow days were having a few customers and just unfolding to fold again because it was something to do. Some days we had so many customers and fortunately my team and I were able to help each and every one. The cleaning after store hours was so time consuming that we couldn’t finish it. We had to resume the next morning as well as vacuuming and filling in the racks before opening. My co workers were very friendly and respectful. I can’t remember a time when myself or coworkers had a falling out. There was always a mutual respect and getting along, laughing and joking at appropriate times.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts
Dynamic workplace with lots of interaction with people
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 6, 2018
A typical day in the stock room involves receiving shipment every morning. This can be up to 150 boxes of clothes at nearly 40 items per box. Throughout the day, you are expected to perform item checks in the stockroom for salespeople and ship up to 100 orders out of the store while also unpacking, folding, and sorting the clothing that came in that morning. It is not uncommon to be directed into a variety of additional side projects by managers who often contradict each other, making it easy to fall behind on your assigned duties. However, the rest of the staff is generally fun to work with and everybody helps each other out to try to stay on schedule even with erratic management.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
inconsistent management, scheduling problems
Great Workplace
lead cashier (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORDecember 5, 2018
Eddie Bauer is a great place to work and build your skills in Customer Service / Retail. The management at my location are very good at what they do, training and dealing with customers.
Pros
Great clientele
nice
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Outlet, PADecember 5, 2018
good job nice pay. i can't really complain i worked here and got great pay. i get 2 breaks. i am a people person so t really matters. people are in your face with questions all day i love it !
Fast paced environment with a wealth of talent
Technical Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westmont, ILDecember 1, 2018
For the past 18 years i've been employed at Eddie Bauer. Typical day last's 9 or more hour with mandatory off hour support. Good people with veteran workforce. The pay is very competitive with opportunity for bonuses.
Pros
Good veteran workforce that contains a wealth of knowledge.
Cons
Unwillingness to spend on new technology
fun workplace sad they are closing in the mall.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Christiana, DEDecember 1, 2018
fun always a fast paced and active with the customers type of day always helping out and always making great sales.gdgdgdgdgdgdgdgdgdgdgddgggdgdgdgdgdg
Pros
great management
Cons
never that busy
Good Side Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 29, 2018
This is pretty hit and miss place to work. It is pretty dependent on who the manager(s) are. If you are lucky enough to get a good manager who values employees and culture, then it will be a good experience for you.
Fun relaxed
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 26, 2018
Its calm its relaxing the people are nice the training is good. The sups are helpful on the floor but they do make sure u use resources first. Its a fun work environment.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
Great location
Manager, Warehouse Sales & Operations (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2018
Great culture! Lots of opportunity to grow and learn. Amazing Brand and shopping experience. Outstanding quality and value.

Great working environment and location
Pros
Location People
Cons
Travel
Great Product
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 15, 2018
Great Product, Great People, Great Management. I learned a lot and was able to be myself. It positioned me to get into retail after being away for a number of years.
Great company and work environment
Senior Designer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 15, 2018
Great company and work environment.
Great opportunities for growth and a strong dedication to it's employees .
strong team environment and sense of community.
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Bauer. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Eddie Bauer.

Powered by Comparably