Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work and grow.
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 15, 2018
Awesome experience with many advancements, open door policies and great co-workers. I really enjoyed the online experience as an Express.com employee.
Pros
Growth Advancement, benefits
Cons
Pay was sort of low.
Family feel
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 12, 2018
The lady that hired me ended up moving to a different location. I was really excited to work for her and was bummed out when we got a new head boss. Overall they have had loyal customers and even when I come back, I still see a lot of the same people that I worked with. The workers are loyal to company and really believe in their mission statement. Sometimes I think that corporate has unrealistic exceptions for buyers.
Pros
Great work environement, employee discounts on clothing
Cons
have to wear Eddie Bauer to work
They listen to their store managers
Stock Lead (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 10, 2018
Corporate was constantly asking my store manager questions about what was going on. He was able to inform them of changes that needed to happen to product, scheduling, etc.

The people in the store everyday gather the most information about what works and what doesn't, listening to those people is very valuable.
Okay for temporary situation.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 2, 2018
Just a job to get by. Hired as seasonal, was told that they were not hiring permanent employees at present time. The job was easy but no incentives to achieve. Average turnover seemed to be at least 90% annually. No benefits and pay was below market average but ok at $11.75 hour for easy work.
Pros
some overtime.
Cons
Temporary, no job security. Low pay
The company as a whole is nice
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 27, 2018
I worked for Eddie Bauer for many many years. The company is great and you can tell that they care about their employees. The only draw backs were the last minute floor sets. It seemed like they happened almost on a weekly basis and the particular stores that I worked at didn't hire from within. I stayed with the company for almost 7 years and worked really hard to only be promoted to a key holder position. It was disappointing and the reason why I ended up leaving.
fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  CAJune 25, 2018
this is the best retail job I have had. the managers are all great and wonderful people and really show their appreciation for their employees. i would recommend this place for others looking for a part-time job
E-Commerce
Lead/Senior PM-Analyst for Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 19, 2018
The work life culture is something to talk about, amazing managers, excellent perks, great commute from where I live , loved the projects that I managed.
A nice part time job
Unloader/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2018
Job for part timers don't expect any raises alot of slow days friendly workers nice building extremely hot unloading the trucks hi turn over rate 3star rating over all
After reviewing this company I find it is not competitive as I believe that it should.
Senior Custodian (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 11, 2018
My typical day at work starts out early in the morning with the cleaning of the main office area. I have lesrned how to work with office personnels and others that are in leadership positions the hardest part of my job is doing the time of peak season for the main two holidays- Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Cons
did not get along with manger
Picker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 8, 2018
I could not work with manger due to not working long hours or working week ends. as for area of work place it was fun at times but not working fast enough for area.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fairly laid back, for retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 7, 2018
Mostly old people shopping, pretty easy to get sales. Staff was friendly and easy to get a long with. Management is cool and good at teaching sales skills. Doesn't run on commission so not super stressful.
Pros
Pay is better than most retail, sales are pretty easy
Cons
inconsistent hours, frequently rotating staff
Pretty good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 31, 2018
In general, Eddie Bauer has days move pretty fast. They're very good about flexibility in scheduling, though hours tend to drop sharply in summer, especially in June. Also, the system for employee raises is not designed for the rank and file to get much.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Terrible raises
Producttive and great environment
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 29, 2018
Shift was very relaxed and easy-going. Worked together as a team and helping out where needed. Management was very easy going, Good place to work and very flexible.
Pros
flexible hours and teammate
Cons
short breaka/no breaks
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXMay 21, 2018
When working at Eddie Bauer the work environment was fun and easy to focus on your daily goals. People were very nice and outgoing while working at Eddie Bauer.
Pros
Nice Team members
Cons
Short breaks
Fine
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMay 20, 2018
I worked here for a very short time as it was a seasonal position, it was my first job so I didn't do great at it to be honest. It was easy for the most part but everyone working there acted like they were in high school even though they were grown adults.
Very large company
Stock (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 14, 2018
From the stock room, it can be difficult to get good answers to some basic questions that would make life easier. The policies implemenented on the computers are odious.
The immediate management and coworkers are great, though.
Great store management and horrible company polocies
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AR 72758May 8, 2018
The company has fallen behind in online sales and has begun to sabotage its brick and mortar locations in a bid to correct this.

slow replinishment, missing stock, and removing product from retail locations to online sales has destroyed their own physical retail market and made it impossible for ASM, CO, and SM to ever meet projected sales and thus advance within the company.

If offered a position within the company at any of their retail locations outside of Washington, I would refuse on the spot. These positions are systematically being destroyed by poor company policies, and it has been made clear that the company has no use for them in the future.
Cons
reckless and incompetent company policies.
It's retail
Sales/Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2018
If you're in the front lines and you love it, then you're going to do well. I actually did love interacting with people on a daily basis. I loved the challenges they brought. I learned a lot about customer service here and how important it is to do well. Although this location in San Francisco is no longer around, I loved the people I worked with.
Pros
Coworkers
Best job ever
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 6, 2018
This was an amazing job! I did not want to leave! I advanced in my career there, but I also felt like I was important. I loved the extra projects I was trusted with!!
Customer Service like crazy
Sales Guide (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMay 3, 2018
For the most part I enjoyed working at Eddie Bauer; my managers were great and fun to work. However, a little pushy on customer service. There is sometimes too much customer service, there have been many times I felt that I was being to pushy with a customer to buy something but it was because I felt pressured by my managers to do it.
Pros
Free food on holidays and birthdays
Cons
short breaks, a lot of time on your feet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Bauer. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss