Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

Great Product
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 15, 2018
Great Product, Great People, Great Management. I learned a lot and was able to be myself. It positioned me to get into retail after being away for a number of years.
Great company and work environment
Senior Designer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 15, 2018
Great company and work environment.
Great opportunities for growth and a strong dedication to it's employees .
strong team environment and sense of community.
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
I was a manager and it was okay... Just okay...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 13, 2018
It was okay. Not the best, but okay. The company could have been structured better and the location was not that great either. Maybe that is one of the reasons it closed and opened up years later in a outlet mall. I wouldn't recommend the job to anyone unless you in college or need a summer job. Other Eddie Bauer companies that I've shopped are great. But, upper management made the store not that great. They had poor attitudes. Everyone of them (but two).
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Communication, training, and managers need to humble themselves.
Stressful
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 10, 2018
New trainee class paid more than seasoned employees with excellent work records, AHT, Compliance, Absentee Points.

Raise during peak only. Mandatory 10 hour days Nov - Jan and at other times during the year.

Asked my team lead 3 times to meet regarding my PTO and Compliance.

Unfair point system, rarely added up correctly. Must write down every phone crash, maiinframe crash, etc so you have a record.

Phone crashes regularly.

New trainees sit and talk while others answer phones peak time, no break between calls 8 hr /day.

Phone system antiquated. Customers screaming because of 30, 45, 1 hr wait time.

New trainees call off 9 to 11 per day or quit.
Very old ancient mainframe system.

EB does not send emails when orders cancelled and sometimes when shipped as they say they will.

Work every holiday unless it falls on your day off.

Refund timeframe very poor, 28 business days.
Pros
5 wk PTO includes holidays, sick.
Cons
See below.
Enjoyed working here!
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 3, 2018
I really enjoyed working here! The management in my home department were really nice. They will send you to different departments as needed. Most of my coworkers were really friendly also! Although it was temporary, I would DEFINITELY work here again. Great people!!
Pros
Good pay, friendly management, lengthy lunches
Workplace
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 1, 2018
You can get Eddie Bauer clothes at ..
Walmart, Costco,...Target, Marshalls alot cheaper

Maybe that says it all...those places maybe better to work at...
And treatment of the employees
Questionable management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 30, 2018
Great product and most employees are wonderful to work with except for one. Everyone has sales goals but this one person will still your sales to boost her numbers. DM allows this and at the same time talks about having fun and being a team. If it wasn't for this would be a great job.
Pros
Great product.
Cons
DM allowing employee to steal sales from other employees.
You work real hard
Line Loader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2018
Very fast paced, can be very loud depending where you work, things can reach out and grab you along the line. The lighting was not very good and the line set up was rather old.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Loud, poor lighting
Fun place to work
Good incentives.
Supportive management.
Growth opportunities.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 17, 2018
No stable managers ' schedules all messed up you train yourself and there racist .. they don't let you shop in peace and they always mess up there employees pay checks
Pros
20 min breaks
Cons
There isn't any
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 16, 2018
The goals are clear and attainable if you want to work hard. Lots of recognition and opportunities for advancement. Leadership is tough but it is very motivational.
Better be ready to do a lot of things by yourself
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, OROctober 14, 2018
Most days it was only myself and a manager closing....it was a lot of work for one person to tidy up while the manager counts a couple tills since it’s a big store. All had to be done in 30 minutes after closing. Loved the quality of product and lifetime warranty on everything but I literally got sick of being the only person doing stuff. Tight payroll? Who knows.
Still New To the Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 12, 2018
I'm still learning the company. The company is very heavy tasked. From the time you arrive to work you are working. Not enough hours to have more staff to fulfill all the tasks.
Pros
5 weeks of vacation
Cons
very heavy tasking
Clean store
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIOctober 8, 2018
I told corporate & the manager that I had a disability the 1st day by the 2nd day I heard 2 managers talking about me behind my back before I started my first day of work.
Pros
More than minimum wage
Cons
8 hours a week and gossip
very productive fun place to work great team work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2018
a typical day you go in get seated at your cubicle sign into computer wait for customer to call you and place their orders or if they have complaints listen to their complaints this could be stressful at time dealing with upset customer.you learn how reduce prices on discounts management is very professinal dealing with upset customer
Pros
free lunches on holidays and you also can get a little excercise by walking through the building
Cons
breaks not long enough
Under staffed and overworked
Any (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 7, 2018
it's a "traditional" company in every way. There weren't much opportunities for career advancement since most people are there for a LOOONG time; it's a good place if you just want to have a job and eventually retire. Don't fall for the "adventure fridays" benefit, you are required to work all 40 hrs within 4.5 days in order to take summer Fridays. If you are looking for a collaborative, team-oriented, and open environment, this is not for you. In addition, company has high turnover rate and most departments are under staffed so people are so over worked. Pay and benefits are average, not competitive. Most expensive health care I have to pay for ever. Overall, I will not recommend anyone to work there.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAOctober 6, 2018
Always had something to do even on slow days, had a lot of different ages of people come around. Was very fun having to work with people that were my age.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Alot of slow days
Even Chinese slave kids get a day off
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHOctober 4, 2018
Was hired as a temp. 40 hrs + "occasional overtime". Knew something was up when we got a $2 raise.
Later that day was told we were going to 7 days a week, 10-12 hrs a day with no time off until xmas. So basically working three months straight with no time off.
I have a family and like to spend time with them.
There are a lot of braindead employees who will do anything for money.
Two years ago this company fired over 300 people. Nearly 200 on the production end. Perhaps they should have kept some, but it's easier to hire temps. When the job is done, they are too.
Also, I was hired through a rather new temp company who don't know how to bargain for their workers.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
No rights. Eddie Bauer takes full advantage of "mandatory overtime". Which is, if you don't work all of the hours we tell you we will fire you.
Asst. Store Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2018
Eddie Bauer was a good company to work for as an asst. I really got my feet wet. I took away a lot of retail experience working for Eddie Bauer and the product was awesome so it was easy to sale.
Pros
sales, customer service and training
Cons
paper work
Unorganized
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 30, 2018
The company is very unorganized and most of the managers are rude. The only good thing about it were the co-workers from my experience. After peak season, the work slows down and they start letting a lot of people go. Depending on which department you go to, you will be lifting up to 50 lbs.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Very unorganized. Rude management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eddie Bauer. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss