Eddie Bauer
69Average

Eddie Bauer Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA9 reviews
Typical retail job
Eddie Bauer is the typical retail job that high schoolers look for. The work isn't too strenuous and it's customer service oriented. Whatever is expected of a retail store job is what happens.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Fairly laid back, for retail
Mostly old people shopping, pretty easy to get sales. Staff was friendly and easy to get a long with. Management is cool and good at teaching sales skills. Doesn't run on commission so not super stressful.
Pros
Pay is better than most retail, sales are pretty easy
Cons
inconsistent hours, frequently rotating staff
Great Company
Working at Eddie Bauer, was like working for your family. It was a great experience and quality of the clothes was superb! As a second job, I really enjoyed working.
Productive and fun
I was only a seasonal employee for Black Friday, but I learned how to better communicate with customers, fold clothes and ask customers if they had an questions. My co-workers were very nice from the one night I worked with them. The hardest part was staying awake because my shift was in the middle of the night, the most enjoyable, was the snacks in the back.
Pros
Free food
Cons
N/a
The management at Eddie Bauer was astonishing. They were incredible leaders and taught me so much. There was never a dull moment at work and they all made working fun!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Rich in history but high in turnover.
I enjoyed working at EB for the most part. When I first started working there, they were all about having fun while selling. But they later had a change over in management, and decided to press the associates for goals. Some of the stores would go for periods with no store managers or would go through multiple ones in a year.
My co-manager and I had to do the work of 5 supervisory roles with the 2 of us and a key holder for the majority of a year. But we sure did it.

And I loved working with regular customers, teaching associates how to sell and meet goals.

Plus, EB has a long and awesome history.
Pros
Discount, History
Cons
turnover
Excellent for the transition from military to civilian
customer service is number one, learned to compromise keeping the customer happy. co workers and management were very helpful.
Easygoing atmosphere, good quality merchandise,
Come in and learn about the sale for the day and help customers make choices on items they're interested in. I learned to be the expert on the merchandise so that I could answer questions the customers had. Management was easygoing and hardworking at the same time...co-workers were hardworking too. The hardest part of the job was being on feet for 8 hours or more. The best part of the job was the discount.
Pros
good discount
Cons
being on feet a lot
Easygoing atmosphere, good quality merchandise,
Come in find out where you're stationed, get to know the product that your selling by trying it on yourself and reading labels, be the expert. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 8 hours a day. The management seems easygoing but they're sales driven and are sticklers for getting those numbers up to par. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know co-workers and the discount.
Pros
good discount
Cons
on your feet a lot