Edelman Employee Reviews

Finance has Terrible Management.
Financial Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2019
Worst job I ever had. The finance managers were miserable and made others feel miserable. Everyone disliked them on the other team too. Do not work there
workplace culture
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 3, 2019
A pretty good workplace culture emphasizing work/life balance. Having support is great being at such a large global agency. Pretty good opportunities to network across the global network. Plenty of philanthropic activities to be a part of while there as well.
love it
Account Executive - Healthcare (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2019
amazing agency. the only reason I left was that I had to move to be closer to my family. However, the agency does do amazing work and so much during my time there
Great company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2019
Great company - get to learn so much more than what you are doing - if you are up for it or are looking for that sort of thing. Lots of good perks and the most positive environment I've experienced at an agency.
Fine
Assistant, Consumer and Corporate Practices (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2019
It was fine. Nothing great and nothing horrible. I was seasonal and dont have anything else to say other than that, but it is making me add more characters.
Fun PR work with smart people
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Edelman, for those looking to work in the PR field, this is a great company to join. They offer a lot of professional opportunities, education and resources that set their employees up for success.
Limited skills and unwillingness to anything outside of their core -- PR, media lists and pitching. They rarely hire interns of color.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2019
They rarely hire interns of color. Not a good place for people of color and if you want to more than how to pitch media. Workplace culture is horrible.
Good learning opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2019
The internship program was filled with lunch and learns, training programs, cross-group conversations, and tons more opportunities to learn about the reality and complexity of agency life.
Lack of work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNApril 18, 2019
Most of the time I would get sent home after maybe 2 hours of work or asked to do janitorial work that the last shift had already did or just sit there and wait for and order to come in that never did
Cons
Short breaks no benefits
The name is on your resume
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2019
Edelman is a hard place to work. The hours are long, the pay is low. You are essentially working there to get the reputation of the company on your resume. They believe in quality work but at the expense of their employees.
Pros
Challenging work, company reputation
Cons
Long hours, low pay, competitive environment
Toddlers and Tiaras
Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 20, 2019
Edelman is a grind. Clients are demanding, deadline driven, and often unrealistic. These are realities of agency life.

The reality of life at Edelman is you will work closely in teams of people who are doing everything they can to meet client expectations.

If you can help them, they will treat you decently (note: not nicely but not rudely), but if you don't drop everything to meet their demands and bend over backwards to do the impossible, you instantly go from tolerated coworker to public enemy number one.

AND IF YOU EVER DARE TO SAY 'NO,' be prepared for the following: An SAE or VP will go to an SVP or EVP and - despite the fact the request is not feasible - will have a rage-filled temper tantrum. And YOU will be the one who is at fault.

Not only will you have to do it [insert impossible situation] anyway, you will be labeled as difficult and be ostracized.

Culture boils down to how employees are allowed to treat each other. At Edelman, you can treat anyone like dirt as long as you are bringing in money OR if you're allied with someone who is in a position of power.

On my second day, I was invited to a meeting where I was berated by a man I had never met, simply because he wasn't consulted when I was hired. I told my boss about the situation because it made me very uncomfortable; it annoyed my manager that I brought it up and became clear it was 'my problem' to manage even though I had nothing to do with it.

HR is aware of the abysmal culture but what can they really do? Beer carts and scavenger hunts are nice gestures, but they are always a distraction
  more... from the already-tight deadlines and always-on calendars.

Turnover is an ongoing problem. EVERYONE is looking to get out.

Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else. Life is too short for the never-ending drama, lower-than-average pay, and complete disrespect you will feel every time you walk in the door.
Pros
Occasional beer carts and ice cream coolers to distract you from the misery
Cons
Horrible culture with gossipy, caste system
Culture is the worst
N/A (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2019
Don’t stay longer than 2 years If you can stand the horrible culture. Get the name on your resume and then GET OUT for better pay, respect, and value.
Pros
Name recognition on resume
Cons
Horrible culture, unfair biased promotions, cliquey, unorganized
Everything But The Work Culture
Digital Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2019
I hit the ground running on my first day, after being assigned a completely foreign task for a Big Name Brand by A Senior Vice President in front of Everyone You've Only Just Met.

But that was sort of my thing at Edelman. Try, try, try, and try again. Edelman taught me how to hustle, but it also taught me a lesson: Work culture matters almost more than the work itself.

Wouldn't trade this experience for the world.
Pros
Fast-paced, creative, collaborative, interdisciplinary, educational resources, access to databases, etc.
Cons
Work culture not a fit for me
Service Technician/Sales (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 24, 2019
At Edelman: Worked as a Service Tech and Sales the company was a multi-facet company for HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical. I handle Service and Sales took care of obtaining a new customer base and maintain existing customers for our services.
Benefits
Cons
more pay
Great place, Great culture
Corporate Fellow (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2018
Edelman is a wonderful family owned company that has its hands in so many pies (but in a good way). They are much more than a public relations firm they are a marketing communications powerhouse.
Challenging, but rewarding
Senior Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
Edelman has amazing clients, but the workload can be demanding and the hours long. Depending on your manager/team, there can be a great opportunity to learn a ton and grow in your career -- allowing for autonomy in your work and the ability to be part of some really incredible projects and campaigns.
Great Place To Work, Still Too Old PR
Digital Employee (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 25, 2018
There is a great company culture. However if you're trying to be on the cutting edge of your specialty, there will be resistance from the old guard PR wonks there.
Great agency
VP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Great agency for PR, marketing communications and integrated marketing. Good work/life balance especially for those with families. Great reputation as well.
Some benefits, but catty culture and little job security
Copywriter Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2018
I learned a lot at this job and got great opportunities to take on challenges in my position. I also enjoyed the complimentary events to learn about innovation in the industry. Unfortunately, management is not team-oriented and doesn't care about employees. Very poor retention and also recent job cuts have left culture in tatters.
Pros
Occasional Free lunches, seminars, free snacks
Cons
poor management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2018
The work life balance is excellent as they do allow you to take care of family emergencies as they arise. In many cases there is no advancement in many of the roles at Edelman.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Advancement