Eden Health

Working at Eden Health: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Be cautiously excited about the local branch of Eden Health

The honeymoon phase with Bozeman Eden Health lasted about 6 months. Their management needs more education on how to manage people and present Eden Health in the most positive way possible

Helpful, but disorganized

Company seems to flying by the seat of its pants. Poor organization and understaffed for how many patients they accept. Staff is kind and helpful however with a good team environment

Eden Health insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Went broke while awaiting work

This was my worst experience with an employer ever! Hired by the Bellingham office and it was 3 weeks before I was assigned a shift. My ‘full time’ employment was 6 hours/week for the first 2 weeks. WHO CAN LIVE ON THIS INCOME?Then I was given another 6 hours a week. I gave notice approximately 2 weeks later.Honestly I went broke during this employment with Eden. 6 & 12 hours a week is a FAR cry from 35-40.Honestly I don’t know why they hired me for full time (or at all) when they didn’t have clients for me. Dishonest in most things I was told and I learned to ‘read between the lines’ pretty quickly.

Great team approach, administration and supervisors very supportive.

Love the staff,great coworkers, support from supervisors and administration is superb. Truly care about the staff and families. Available anytime for assistance.Flexible scheduling,safe workload.

Poor communication, lack of training, unsupportive managers.

There were red flags with this company right from the start. This company exhibits poor communication, lack of training coupled with unrealistic production demands, and old fashioned patriarchal ways disguised in a modern technology culture.

Clinician

Good overall. Team was very supportive when needed. More careful consideration should have been given to the people they hired however. While most of the clinicians were great, some did not have the welcoming and warm character traits that are of utmost importance when working with patients.

Supportive Management and great team!

Eden was my first position in the PTA field after graduation and they were so supportive from the start. Patient care is top priority and it shows! Weekly interdisciplinary meetings help keep the whole team connected and management is always available to help when you need them. Would absolutely recommend a career with Eden Home Health!

Pros

Patients, coworkers

Cons

Scheduling patients can be challenging. Sometimes doing documentation I’m the evening.

Terrible management, no structure

Bought out by an out of state company that has no idea about nursing home care in Rhode Island. TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK. Very short staffed most of the time. The care staff that is hired is not reliable with very high turnover. The most dramatic nursing environment i've ever seen!

Pros

location

Cons

pay, work/life balance, staff shortages, etc.

Friendly staff good Experience with patients poor training and communication.

Many promises made in the beginning that are not kept. Training is poor and when requests for more training for everyone are ignored it makes it worse. Many promises made and then conveniently did not mention that these promises were not permanent or were to change later. I liked most my coworkers, but the direct supervisor was demeaning and not supportive and never truly answered questions directly. Work is paid per visit. Paperwork takes for ever to complete. No work life balance.

Pros

The coworkers and patients

Cons

The pay module, lack of real training, charting requirements, benefits

Revolving door except no one goes back in

I had to give notice and leave company to use my earned PTO as there is NO coverage - company has a revolving door for staff including those with degrees, but then those who leave often aren’t replaced timely, if at ALL. Management doesn’t like what they call ‘drama’ so reporting anything becomes laborious which is not right. I was miserable here - not respected and felt job insecure.

Pros

nothing

Cons

Good place to work, minimal hours

I was happy to work for Eden, but I got 5 hours a week as part time because that's all the work there was for an OT. I was looking for atleast 10, but closer to 20. Otherwise, I had no issues. I got along well with the administrator and nurse. When I was able to work with them, we made a great team. As the occupational therapist on the team, I was not needed with every case that we had.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Not enough work

This is an amazing work place.

This is an amazing work place, because everyone motivates you to always be better than yesterday. Working with the patients, helps them see how important their lives are to us.

– July 31, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review!

Hands on training

1st day hand on experience. Get ready to jump right in! I've been doing this type of work for 20 years...I have nothing good or bad to say about this place or anyone, because as adults we shouldn't do that,....SO,I just NEED A NEW JOB!

– September 7, 2020
We regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Please feel free to call our management team to discuss: 360-604-4210.

Great Long Term Employees

Incredible long term Cart Nurses, CNA's, Dietary and Housekeeping. Communication was very poor and there was much Gossip and animosity. I also felt that communication of what was expected was changed on a day to day basis. Staff meetings were very degrading and unprofessional. Change for the good and good ideas were not listened to or encouraged.

Pros

Free Meals

Cons

No time to eat them.

Excellent experience

Learn a lot of things and enjoy it. Work everyday as a Team and meet good people in the job. It was a really hard work but I like jobs under pressure.

Common questions about Eden Health

Answered by current and former employees at Eden Health

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eden Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits