Eden Housing Employee Reviews

Fast paced but still an emphasis on Work-Life balance
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 9, 2018
Eden housing is a great company to work for. One of the major perks of this position is that they expect you to be there from 8-5 and do not demand overtime or weekend hours. They offer many volunteer opportunities and I have made friends with people of all ages, in all different backgrounds. Eden is also a short walk from BART which made it easy to not have a car. The residents also appreciate the work that we do and even when they would have grievances most residents would preface it by saying that they loved living at Eden and it was an opportunity of a lifetime for them.

The culture of the company is fairly traditional, so don't expect the perks of millennial workplaces, but that being said, they have fun events like wine and cheese mixers, baseball games and donuts all the time. Casual Fridays are a great addition. My final comment would be that the CEO, VP of Ops, CFO, basically all the upper level management are all very approachable, you just got to take a chance and talk to them.
Pros
Work-Life balance and the people
Eden is the Best Place to Work
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 6, 2018
Eden Housing central office is in Hayward, where you may find yourself in counter-traffic commute from west-bound or south-bound and save you from the hectic traffic stall.

The working environment at Eden Housing is very nurturing. The training department provides structured training modules for staff to ensure they are on board with all adequate support.

The workplace is very diverse. Eden Executives appreciates talents from various background and sectors as the skill sets are transferable to the positions. It is a great opportunity for switching career to become a professional in the real estate field.
Pros
central office close to BART; free gym membership, work-life balance office culture
Cons
limited staff parking at central office (street parking available surrounding office building)
fun place to work with smart dedicated people
Energy Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 3, 2018
Get to work independently and with teams. Lots of flexibility for developing new initiatives. Lots of admin support. Multicultural workplace. Great benefits.
Pros
nice people, easy commute near BART
Cons
none!
Great company with great people!
Intern (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 1, 2018
My experience as a summer intern at Eden Housing has been great so far. Those who are in charge of the intern program did an excellent job at the beginning of the summer to ensure that interns and their supervisors are on the same page about goals and expectations. The projects that I am given feel meaningful. My supervisors have been attentive, understanding, and helpful.

Overall, the office culture is friendly and professional. Everyone in the office is very welcoming and willing to offer help whenever they can. Management tries hard to make employees feel valued, and I think that is one of the main reasons why Eden is such an enjoyable place to work.
Support and Team Work
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Novato, CAJuly 31, 2018
Eden housing is a strong believer in associate support and enforcing its policies. I am very grateful to work in a environment that supports the well being and health of its employees as well as its residents.

Eden has helped me grow in my professional career as well as my person life. I have learn more from Eden on how to manage and run a property than I have in any other jobs. Eden also allows me to grow and move up within the company and encourages me to learn more and continue my education.
Eden Housing
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 25, 2018
I worked for Eden as a Assistant Property Manager, I enjoyed the time I worked there. I wore many hats while working at the property, from Assistant to Property Manager.
Best move in my career!
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 24, 2018
I joined Eden as a career switcher. After spending a year working in Tech in Silicon Valley, I was looking for an opportunity to work in a field and in a place where I could focus on my passion: developing and building people to do their best work.

I have only been here 5 months and already, I am being engaged and involved in strategic decision making like never before. Everyone from the property management staff to the Senior leadership team, is passionate, authentic, and looking for ways in which we can be better every day. I am never bored, but I feel supported in my work, and in that support I feel compelled to support others. This is no doubt one of the greatest moves I have been blessed to make in my career.
Pros
Engaged staff and management team, open to feedback, fun culture
Cons
Some roles are more stressful and higher demanding than others, so I recommend asking the interviewers for their perspective on each role so that you understand it.
Great place to work!!!
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 16, 2018
Eden Housing is a great place to work, with a fun and energetic atmosphere for company that have been in business for 50 years. I have worked at other places but Eden is by far the most rewarding. There are so many opportunities to give back to the community by volunteering at their over 100 properties. If you need specialized training all you have to do is let Supervisor know and it will be arranged. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with Property Managers to ensure our residents are happy. It definitely makes it a lot easier to have the greatest boss ever.

Benefits included:
Company-paid medical and dental insurance for employees

401K retirement plan with company matching contribution

Employee Assistance Program
Free Gym Membership
Review of Eden Housing
Janitor/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAJuly 12, 2018
The best part about working for Eden Housing is they make sure you have everything you need for whatever position you are in and that you are comfortable with your job.
All holidays are paid and benefits are paid for also.
Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Great Mission and Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 12, 2018
I came because i loved the mission of Eden Housing. Eden has an open Learning environment, I learned a lot during my time here, and had great support from my management team.
Pros
Great holiday and sick time
Great employer
Resident Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marina, CAMay 29, 2018
Overall I worked well with my team and supervisor. We all worked together to serve those in need. My supervisor knew that there would be challenges work within this field but always supported my efforts.
Asst. Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 28, 2018
Fast paced and good customer service. I was able to learn a lot about the company and about low income housing.
the hardest part of the job was seeing people less fortunate than myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people find affordable housing.
Pros
Realy nice co workers and uper management
Cons
lots of paperwork
Keeping up the paper work was hard worked with tax credits
Apartment Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 6, 2017
Enjoyed working at Eden Housing, they rewarded their managers
with different activity's to show their appreciation for a job well done, they give the managers an apartment to live in without charge it goes with the package and want you to live on site.
n/a
Property Manager/Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CA 94541August 4, 2017
My experienced with Eden Housing Management has been good. I been working for Eden for more than 3 years and you grow as a person and as professional as well.
Great
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 5, 2017
It was a great experience for me working at Eden Housing. The company was great and I loved that they do work on life-time balance. I learned a lot and the staff is really kind.
Great work culture
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 26, 2017
Learned a lot with plenty of opportunities for working in diverse projects. The brick culture is phenomenal. It does get very busy and overwhelming at times, specially during audits.
There is a reason why we are voted Best Place to Work
Associate Director of Talent Development (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 4, 2017
Every day presents new challenges. But Executive team is open to new ideas and creative solutions. I started as a regional manager (property supervisor) and was allowed to use my skills to advance. I now lead the Talent Development (TD) department, responsible for training and helping each staff member get the learning they need to support strategic goals.

Since we are a fast-growing company, management has been tumultuous at times. But candid, humble and creative managers succeed here. Managers who are stuck in a rut or resistant to change...not so much.

Our employees rated our company culture as busy, challenging and fun. With FUN being the number one word used to describe. So true. The culture is light-hearted and jovial. A lot of diversity in the staff. Great energy. We work very hard but celebrate accomplishments.

The hardest part of my job is keeping open to change at all times. But that has also been the most enjoyable part of my job...as Eden Housing has supported the learning I need to be successful. They make sure I am well-armed to succeed sending me to classes and conferences to keep our TD department leading edge.
Pros
Free gym membership, 13 paid holidays, rarely any overtime, weekends free, located off of BART line, great parties, great people, incentive-based training system, great live work balance, promote-from-within culture
Cons
Dressing up in full super hero costume only allowed on Fridays
Good supervisors, fun place to work
On-Site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 16, 2017
Enjoyed the trust given to let you work independently. Had ample healthcare, ample education. Helpful when needed. Most enjoyable part of the job were the residents. Hardest part of job was the loss of good residents
Great company to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 3, 2017
Eden Housing is a great organization to work with. The management care, promote and support healthy environment for their staff, i enjoy have free super gym membership through my work.
we have training dept that support the growth of us with the company and making sure that we are up to date.
Pros
staff appeciation cruse, free gym membership, 401K, free medical, training dept, scholarship for higher education
Best Place to Work
Executive (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Eden Housing is truly a Best Place to Work. Not only has the organization received that award several times, it is also a best place in practice each day. Eden staff work hard each day to get their jobs done; however, this generally does not involve a lot of overtime nor weekend involvement. I personally enjoy coming to work everyday because my co-workers really care about what we do and care about the people we serve. We have a very diverse workforce and a genuinely welcoming environment. The input of all staff are regularly requested and valued.
Pros
Free gym membership, prizes, team and people focused