Eden Housing Employee Reviews

Greatest place to work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 22, 2019
Working with Eden Housing has been one of the best experiences ive had. they opened the world to property management and the knowledge and experience it brought.
Dont work for Eden
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 29, 2019
The company overworks you and they underpay you. I encourage everyone to do their research before working for Eden.

There are other companies who treat better their employee and also compensate you accordingly.
Workplace culture is positive You love it or don't.
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 18, 2019
if you love the core of what you do than you belong there. However there are a lot of management challenges. Lots of turn over and than out with the old and in with the new. Very shaky in job stability. Positive notes, great training, and coaching from training department. Enjoyable part working with the seniors and other tenants.
Pros
too much management change
Cons
Friendly environment and tenants, rewarding work
Competitive, fun and Energetic
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 22, 2019
Working for Eden Housing was the backbone of my experience and what makes my resume great. I wouldn't change everything I was able to learn there, the good and the bad it was all worth it.
Great Mission
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 22, 2019
The company does a lot of good for many communities but the staff are not always appreciated and underpaid for the work they are expected to do. The problem starts at the top.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Managment
This was a job to obtain office skills and improve my computer skills also
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 17, 2019
This was a very nice office job for me to learn many skills from dealing with tenants to calling maintenance. I was no longer needed when management changed.
Pros
Close to home within walking distance
Cons
The manager was very stressed
Not for profit housing
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 28, 2018
I have learned a lot. Will use my education at Eden to improve my income. I am appreciative for the opportunity, but realize there is not much room for growth. The hardest part of the job would be teaching yourself the ropes. The most rewarding is providing help in emergency situations. The Eden staff from top to bottom are professional and care about there properties.
Pros
The ability to learn in an industry poised for growth
Cons
Vehicle reimbursement
Good place to work But
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 20, 2018
I don’t want to throw the entire company under the bus. What happened to me was frustrating and horrible as I lost my job and my home on the same day because someone screwed up and wanted to cover their butt and then screwed me. The only part that was bad was they believed this person over me despite the fact I was a model employee. It was horrible and almost ruined my life. Until then, the company was great. I got good opportunity to make a career of it and made good friends. Was compensated well and I loved working in housing that was making a difference in my community. It’s too bad they put their faith in some horrible people and for that, I can’t get over the betrayal by management.
Pros
Good benifits and people
Cons
Corporate doesn’t care and will ruin you to protect themselves.
Ok place to work. Peers are great. No advancement opportunities
N/A (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 3, 2018
The organization is doing a wonderful job creating housing opportunities for low income individuals. However, they seem to forget about their employees. Many of their employees can also be considered to be low-income individuals and are the backbone of the organization. If they feel overworked, underpaid, and unsupported, it will reflect on their morale. There arent many advancement opportunities. Management needs to work on diversifying leadership and empowering their employees. Its one thing to speak about making changes, however there needs to be actionable and tangible changes.
Pros
Health tips, new training module, tickets to games
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities, low support
Lack of advancement
Acting Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CaOctober 2, 2018
I worked as an interim manager over a year. I was told repeatedly that I will be made a permanent employee, I even interviewed with two different people for the position. And then someone else was hired and I was asked to train that person who was coming into to replace me. There is no upper management support as the portfolio manager who was over my property had just become a portfolio manager and really did not have a clear understanding as to how to perform her job. I was therefore left on my own to figure it out.
Great place to work, supportive work culture
Hiring (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 29, 2018
I barely started at Eden, but upon my first few weeks, I can say that it is a positive experience. As a new hire, I really appreciate that they time the time to train you, and set you up for success. Everyone is also supportive. I used to work at larger companies where it would be impossible and frowned upon to ask for help. Here, it seems they nourish you and care for you. The office space is large, free coffee, tea, and other amenities. The parking situation leaves something to be desired. The leadership here is great and patient. Everyone is always very busy, but people take the time to smile and have a small conversation, which goes a long way in building office rapport. The environment is very professional, yet caring. It seems like the best of many worlds. Of course, any company can improve, but I would definitely recommended to a friend.
Value in Employees
Property Management (Current Employee) –  East Bay, CAAugust 9, 2018
One thing that truly makes Eden a step above is the value they put in their employees. Through training and the tools they provide, a solid platform is created that allows employees to succeed and grow from within. The amount of training is endless and is always encouraged. They go to great lengths to ensure knowledge is current and that information provided is relevant. Along with investing in their team, the team's input is valued on all levels. All of this combined creates a successful, forward thinking mindset unlike any other company I have worked for.
Pros
Collaborative and supportive team environment
Cons
Very fast paced work environment
Fast paced but still an emphasis on Work-Life balance
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 9, 2018
Eden housing is a great company to work for. One of the major perks of this position is that they expect you to be there from 8-5 and do not demand overtime or weekend hours. They offer many volunteer opportunities and I have made friends with people of all ages, in all different backgrounds. Eden is also a short walk from BART which made it easy to not have a car. The residents also appreciate the work that we do and even when they would have grievances most residents would preface it by saying that they loved living at Eden and it was an opportunity of a lifetime for them.

The culture of the company is fairly traditional, so don't expect the perks of millennial workplaces, but that being said, they have fun events like wine and cheese mixers, baseball games and donuts all the time. Casual Fridays are a great addition. My final comment would be that the CEO, VP of Ops, CFO, basically all the upper level management are all very approachable, you just got to take a chance and talk to them.
Pros
Work-Life balance and the people
Eden is the Best Place to Work
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 6, 2018
Eden Housing central office is in Hayward, where you may find yourself in counter-traffic commute from west-bound or south-bound and save you from the hectic traffic stall.

The working environment at Eden Housing is very nurturing. The training department provides structured training modules for staff to ensure they are on board with all adequate support.

The workplace is very diverse. Eden Executives appreciates talents from various background and sectors as the skill sets are transferable to the positions. It is a great opportunity for switching career to become a professional in the real estate field.
Pros
central office close to BART; free gym membership, work-life balance office culture
Cons
limited staff parking at central office (street parking available surrounding office building)
fun place to work with smart dedicated people
Energy Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 3, 2018
Get to work independently and with teams. Lots of flexibility for developing new initiatives. Lots of admin support. Multicultural workplace. Great benefits.
Pros
nice people, easy commute near BART
Cons
none!
Great company with great people!
Intern (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 1, 2018
My experience as a summer intern at Eden Housing has been great so far. Those who are in charge of the intern program did an excellent job at the beginning of the summer to ensure that interns and their supervisors are on the same page about goals and expectations. The projects that I am given feel meaningful. My supervisors have been attentive, understanding, and helpful.

Overall, the office culture is friendly and professional. Everyone in the office is very welcoming and willing to offer help whenever they can. Management tries hard to make employees feel valued, and I think that is one of the main reasons why Eden is such an enjoyable place to work.
Support and Team Work
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Novato, CAJuly 31, 2018
Eden housing is a strong believer in associate support and enforcing its policies. I am very grateful to work in a environment that supports the well being and health of its employees as well as its residents.

Eden has helped me grow in my professional career as well as my person life. I have learn more from Eden on how to manage and run a property than I have in any other jobs. Eden also allows me to grow and move up within the company and encourages me to learn more and continue my education.
Eden Housing
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 25, 2018
I worked for Eden as a Assistant Property Manager, I enjoyed the time I worked there. I wore many hats while working at the property, from Assistant to Property Manager.
Best move in my career!
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 24, 2018
I joined Eden as a career switcher. After spending a year working in Tech in Silicon Valley, I was looking for an opportunity to work in a field and in a place where I could focus on my passion: developing and building people to do their best work.

I have only been here 5 months and already, I am being engaged and involved in strategic decision making like never before. Everyone from the property management staff to the Senior leadership team, is passionate, authentic, and looking for ways in which we can be better every day. I am never bored, but I feel supported in my work, and in that support I feel compelled to support others. This is no doubt one of the greatest moves I have been blessed to make in my career.
Pros
Engaged staff and management team, open to feedback, fun culture
Cons
Some roles are more stressful and higher demanding than others, so I recommend asking the interviewers for their perspective on each role so that you understand it.
Great place to work!!!
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 16, 2018
Eden Housing is a great place to work, with a fun and energetic atmosphere for company that have been in business for 50 years. I have worked at other places but Eden is by far the most rewarding. There are so many opportunities to give back to the community by volunteering at their over 100 properties. If you need specialized training all you have to do is let Supervisor know and it will be arranged. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with Property Managers to ensure our residents are happy. It definitely makes it a lot easier to have the greatest boss ever.

Benefits included:
Company-paid medical and dental insurance for employees

401K retirement plan with company matching contribution

Paid holidays

Paid time off

Company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) benefits

Company-paid long-term (LTD) insurance

Employee Assistance Program
Free Gym Membership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eden Housing. Our community is ready to answer.