Edgen Murray Employee Reviews

My position was sometimes challenging, but I loved it
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2019
This company strived for excellence, and it was a priviledge to have worked in the operations/sales division in Houston. I learned a lot through my years there, and worked with a great team.
great place to work all was so nice
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
Love working for Edgen Murray but they had to down size, and they didn't want to get rid of me but had to. Great place to work. I was working in the corp office as a Claims Specialist.
a good work environment with opportunity to learn
Sr. Order Management Specialist-Exec assistant (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 12, 2018
I was with the company for 10 years. It was a good company to grow with. I had the opportunity to learn from very intelligent individuals. it was a very fast paced industry
Pros
good leaders, good industry
Cons
no advancement or incentives
hostile work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2018
Upper mgmt micro manages, worker bees are worked to death.
Unfair evaluations and office politics at their very worst.
If you don't play the game by constantly throwing co-workers under the bus to upper mgmt, you will go nowhere.
Work
Warehouse Supervisor / Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 15, 2018
Edgen started out as a good company to work for. I was there for 10 years. The benefits could have used some work. Overall I enjoyed doing what I did there.
Learn a lot about customer service
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2017
I was a receptionist but I can definitely say I learn a lot about customer service and ordering supplies for the office and using UPS,FEDEX and DHL. It was one interesting experince for me.
loved this job
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
wish i never left, but had to find a new line of work. glad i spent some time learning makes me the person i am today, great company to work for most of us have been there for a very long time.
Pros
company
Cons
nothing
Great Co.
Operation Support (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, TXJuly 8, 2017
Great Place to work, management was great. Only reason I left was because I wanted to move back to Odessa with my family. Other than that it was fantastic.
Great company to work for.
Credit and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 25, 2017
The company is a large company that provide piping and valves for major companies. The pipes are used for offshore drilling and major roadway projects. My job was account receivables and collections. I was responsible for lowering the company's financial delinquencies.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Over 400 clients
Hectic
Insidesales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2017
Not a great atmosphere. A typical day there consist of people harassing you. Management is not that great or th. Personal. Workplace culture is mainly Latino from South America. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the people there.
Productive, but quiet office. I work with a good group of people
Expeditor - Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
Depending on the work out there, can be fast paced. Laid back work culture. The hardest part is not feeling like you can get everything done in a day. The job can be rewarding when you receive compliments from peers and customers.
Decent company
Operations/ Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
Good company to work for new changes are not very popular with current employee's. Company has down sized drastically. Pay is good management needs work
Great and enjoyable company to work for.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COMarch 8, 2017
This was a job I like going to every day.
Edgen is very family oriented, 8 to 5 were the hours Monday thru Friday.
Loading/unloading flatbeds, vans, LTL, and customers vehicles. With each load you would learn something new each day.
As the warehouse manager, I got to interact with both upper management and the whs team every day learning great knowledge of the people and their personality's.
This job was 60% outside and that means dealing with the elements of mother nature. This was the biggest obstacle that I faced in the job. Colorado, snow, wind, heat rain...etc.
Documentation
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2017
Coded, uploaded, and sent documents to make sure the company got paid.

My manager was okay.

Workplace was fine.

Keeping track of all the submittals in a log.

It kept me busy.
Very steady, awesome place to work
Operations Sales Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Three Points, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Overall great place to work. Friendly peers, and great opportunity to grow. If you're a real ambitous individual this is the perfect place work. Very consistant with promoting from within.
Good people to work with
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
My co-workers are awesome. Days usually include a stress free and fun environment. Sometimes things will be busy and hectic since it's the oil and gas industry.
Nice Place
Quality Assurance Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 20, 2016
Nice place to work at with excellent management and very professional. Always willing to work with you on any matter, personal or professional and were willing to train as necessary.
Very bad place to work.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2016
Terrible work environment. Manager is not knowledgeable in his job. You are always watching your back and don't know who you can trust.
Great work/life balance.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 26, 2016
Provided with an additional 4 hours of flex-time a month to take care of personal business, Easy going management, Offers flexible schedules when needed.
The position allows to develop your ability of solving problems
Order Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2016
Management needs to be modify. A lot of the management do not have the experience to mange others.

Salaries will stay the same. They only way you will get a raise is if you tell them your are leaving the company.