Edgenuity Employee Reviews

bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 29, 2018
Hey guys....this short essay answer is answering the common app question and some other colleges about "my most meaningful activity and why?" i don't like it very much...it sounds too boring/bloated....ANY and ALL suggestions would be appreciated!!!
____

Although I find every one of my extracurricular activities significant, the one that has been most meaningful to me has been my job at the Kumon Math and Reading Center. Four days a week, I tutor children of all ages in English and Math, constantly trying to enrich their lives. Through this, I have simultaneously enriched my own life with new perspectives. The relationships I developed with the countless students and their parents have motivated me to give selflessly to my community, while still maintaining dedication to my academics and my interests. The feelings I get as a child thanks me for helping him get an A on the Times Tables test or as he runs to his mom to show her his 100% worksheet have demonstrated to me my passion for helping others, which can be evidenced through my work in Kumon as well as my other extracurricular
Pros
vffdsdf
Cons
sfsd fffff f
Middle Management needs a major overhaul in the instructional services department
Virtual Teacher (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 26, 2018
Edgenuity offers flexibility to virtual instructors in what they call their "IS" department - or instructional services. However, you are dictated to on the daily. You have the ability to "choose" your hours, but you can never really be praised at what you do. There are supervisors, who are one step up from teachers, admins, who are one step up from supervisors, then a "secret" world of people above them who dictate everything you do. They might as well replace supervisors because it all comes from them. Plus, your job can change on a whim. The company could lose a client, so you're suddenly being asked to get another license in another state or you can't be "full time" anymore. The pay is pretty mediocre, considering most states went through teacher raises. The company is based out of Arizona, but they are not raising teacher salaries like the districts are. You have to attend countless meetings, all of which could have been an email, and have someone who probably never taught before read your emails to students and give you advice as to how to teach. The job is boring, there are NO opportunities for advancement, and your raises are 1-4% a year, max. The company is growing, and they always promise there are "opportunities for advancement," but they probably will just hire someone from the outside. At least, that's what they've done consistently. And, when someone internally is promoted, it's very few and far between. There's a lot of teachers, but not a lot of opportunities to do anything else. The company as a whole seems to have a different culture than that of this department,  more... but you can't exactly transfer out of it. So, buyer beware here. Oh - and if you're part time, forget about getting paid regularly. You get paid based on enrollments, and you might not even have any. They just might not have a contract wherever you're licensed.  less
Pros
remote, flexible schedule
Cons
pay, management, company culture
BEWARE - Lacks Integrity
Account Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2018
This company severely lacks basic levels of integrity. I applied and interviewed for an Account Manager position and during the interview process was asked if I had any supervisory experience. I was honest about my level of experience and let the hiring managers know it had been years since I was in a supervisory role. Regardless, I was offered the Account Manager Supervisor position after 2 further interviews.
I left a position I had held for 4+ years for this opportunity and was excited for the amount of growth that seemed available.

3.5 weeks later I was let go for lacking the "required supervisor experience" for the supervisor role. No explanation further than that - just leave your stuff at your desk.

I received zero guidance, zero training and zero support in my short tenure with Edgenuity. I was always on time, supported my team to the best of my ability and was doing everything that was asked of me at the office. There were no conversations regarding expectations from leadership and in fact, I was told I was doing a good job!

Now, I am left with no way to support my family and no benefits. Without so much as an explanation. The only way to describe this type of treatment is no integrity and no leadership. Why ask someone to take on a role higher than what they applied for only to terminate them less than a month later for lack of that experience? This organization is run by immature leaders who do not have any idea how to develop a staff. I am a loyal employee and always give 100% to the roles that I am in - Edgenuity should be ashamed of themselves.
Pros
Good benefits options
Cons
Lacks integrity and leadership
Learned much about education
Documentation Specialist Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 8, 2018
Leadership still getting their act together. Installed cameras to spy on employees.

Just lockdown access to inappropriate websites or non-work related. No need to spy!
Pros
Free parking, great breakroom
Cons
Micromanagement or no management
Family feeling
Virtual Professional Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2018
I always enjoyed my position with Compass Learning, who was acquired by Edgenuity in 2016. Every position had doubled in the company now, and by the time I left, it was becoming cut-throat. Compass Learning employees made significantly more, so it was advantageous to get rid of us. Some of us felt the heat more than others.
I enjoyed working with customers (teachers and students), and I enjoyed my immediate colleagues. I didn't always appreciate the travel or lack of work-life balance, especially there at the end. But I did make the best of every adventure, especially in front of customers.
Pros
service, helping teachers
Cons
travel, acquisition environment
Room for Improvement
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2018
This is a nice company to work for but the leadership lacks leadership skills. I believe there need to be an overhaul on mid-management or at least offer management skills training.
Pros
The people are nice and friendly.
Cons
Management and no room for growth
Enjoyable with little direction
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 23, 2018
Flexible, casual and collaborative atmosphere. Self motivated/directed employees can do well here. The Management lacks direction and expertise and has a hard time retaining talented people.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Advancement
Expanding Company Experiencing Growing Pains
Product Development Services (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 31, 2018
The company is growing at a rapid pace as they continue to establish themselves within the Education Technology industry. While this growth is fantastic, the effects are felt throughout the company. Management continues to behave as if they are a small, startup company and not the medium corporate business they are becoming. Managers and higher ups who have been with the company since it's humble beginning do not seem to possess the ability to see their own expansion and manage it accordingly. This is creates a frustrating, micromanaging environment with an unnecessary amount of meetings, mismanaged headcount, and lots of turnover at entry and mid-level positions. They are generous with their gestures of employee appreciation, however a greater recognition may be stronger leadership and more clearly defined job roles.
Pros
Free Thank-You lunches, supportive work/life balance, friendly atmosphere
Cons
So many meetings there isn't time for actual work, frequently understaffed
great place to work!
Supervising Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
I loved every minute of my job at Edgenuity.
My manager was amazing. My voice was always heard. I was respected and felt at home. The team was wonderful and collaborative and it the focus was always on the students we serve.
Pros
The people, the environment
Contract On-Screen Teacher
On-Screen Instructor, Secondary Math, QA (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 26, 2017
I enjoyed working as On-Screen teacher, rigorous work. Good support, great work culture, terrific product helping in-school teachers with supplemental curriculum.
Pros
challenging, good support
Cons
Practice at home
CUSTOMER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN TIER 1 (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 22, 2017
I thought the work place was fun. The people were fun to be around. The manager was easy to talk to. The training was great. They made sure you understand the job before they put you by yourself.
Difficult communications process; departments did not work well together.
Registrar/Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scotts, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Different departments worked well within themselves but did not communicate well with other departments. This made accomplishing the over-all job a challenge. It was often unclear who was responsible for what and where to find answers.
Pros
Growing Company - Excellent Product
Cons
Lack of clear communication chain.
Summary of Edgenuity
Online Instructor - Business Marketing, Health, PE (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMarch 24, 2017
Good management, strong growth opportunity once you put in your time, strong support and training. There is strong collaboration amongst departments, and you are encouraged to grow and master your work.
Great opportunity to contribute to K-12 education in a different way
Senior Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 10, 2017
The work place culture is not unusual...it's not more or less friendly than any other place I have worked. The office location is new [built in 2014] making for a very pleasant work space.
Pros
The product
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive for the employee
Mostly great
UX Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 27, 2017
Great people that are really passionate about education and their products. Management need to communicate better but that can be said about most companies.
Beware - layoffs every six months!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 5, 2017
This company pays well - That's where the positive ends.

The work-life balance is non existent- it's all work, all the time. 24/7

Layoffs every 6 months or so. They either are not spending wisely or they just see it as an easy way to get rid of people without firing them for no reason other than personal feelings.

Middle management is awful. Just awful.

The actual program is a joke. Any parent letting their kids use Egenuity as their schooling tool is making a terrible choice. do your research!!! Clicking until you get the right answer is NOT learning!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Human Resources, management, layoffs
Great Place to Work
Instructional Supervisor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 30, 2016
Love working at Edgenuity! It's a great job where I can work remote and still make a difference in the lives of students. I work with a great group of people and have enjoyed creating the future with Edgenuity.
Pros
Remote position, flexibility, growing company
Cons
pay is a little low, but worth it to me
Great place to work back when it was E2020
Manager, Hiring and Training, Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 15, 2016
The company was acquired a few years ago and I was laid off with most of management. It may still be a great place to work, I had no complaints about anything other than getting laid off. I'd work there again.
parts of the organization are making money but the most important cog in the wheel, certified educators, are not.
instructional supervisor (Former Employee) –  remoteJuly 7, 2016
Money making and poor management (because they lack appropriate values) dominate. Anyone could be doing the students' work... no integrity measures in place. .. Colleges... and NCAA.. don't except credits from this farse of an educational program.
Pros
nothing but false promises
Cons
everything. ... be aware. Don't put your child's future or (for those job seeking) in jeopardy. ..
Innovative and Great Culture
Associate Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 21, 2016
Edgenuity is a wonderful company to work for. The CEO Sari Factor knows every employee. I was able to work across many teams in every department of the company and was always feeling like a part of the team. The company works hard to not only do things for the employees (like parties or gifts), but to work for the community.