Edgewood Employee Reviews

Working at Edgewood
Outreach Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 4, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Edgewood. The team I worked with was great and the residents were wonderful to be around. Working at Edgewood was very rewarding.
Pros
Great team, flexible hours, rewarding work
Very unprofessional management team!!
CNA/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 10, 2019
Never recommend to work or for Clint (seniors loved one to live in this place Duluth MN location is the worst .Hard workr people never get to be recognized unless they are related to someone its jut a big mess place to work .
Pros
Helping poor siniours
Cons
burnout but never recognized .
There an amazing place to start off your cooking career and start learning slowly but surely
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CADecember 20, 2018
They payed really good and they very understandable they work with you as long as you seem to wan to learn and you apply yourself and show that you wanna learn what they are dedicated workers
Pros
They pay good starting off
Cons
None really
Super Detailed Review. Summary: I LOVE IT!!!!!
CNA and CMA (Current Employee) –  Hermantown, MNNovember 20, 2018
I primarily work PM shift. I work in the Assisted Living, Memory Care, and the Legacy Unit. Have worked once in the Suites as well.
The coworkers are fantastic and believe highly in teamwork. Residents are wonderful and management is quick to give notices to those who do not fit our criteria as an Assisted Living.
Overtime, double time and a half during Holidays, bonuses for picking up shifts, time and a half for over eight hours (temporary).
Short staffed, but what facility in this field isn't? You do get mandated but we keep a list so it isn't the same person over and over again. Uses the star system where you pick one day in a two-week pay period where you have to stay if there's an opening or a call-in (still rarely happens honestly).
We work with four on the floor at minimum, and that's only if we don't have enough workers on a shift. In memory care at times we work with one person on one side.
You're assigned a Nurse Manager (who are all super awesome) in which you consult with issues, which I love.
Overall, if we had the adequate staff, I would work here until I had to live here. I love the environment, always room to advance and get your wages higher, etc.
Will pay to get our CNA and therefore get a higher wage (+ $1) / hour. They will also train you to pass medication and get your CMA (+ $1 / hour). If you work in memory care, it's another extra $1 for every hour. (That's an extra $3 on your base pay if you're a CNA working as a med passer in memory care!!)
If you work PM shift (230pm-1030pm), it's + $0.50 / hour. If you work NOC shift (1030pm-630am), it's
  more... + $.075. AM shift is the desirable shift so there is no differential, but you do have the benefit of help from the nurses, who are not afraid to jump on the floor or the med cart with you (there are some who won't obviously)
Meals are usually free. Cooks will give us left-overs when all residents are served, free meals if you are on a double.
All the aides on the floor have walkie-talkies in the Assisted Living and Legacy Unit for efficient communication. One person has a portable pager and reads the pages off, we just take turns.
There are negatives of course, such as short staffing, as I mentioned. It can get very busy (especially in the Assisted Living where it is primarily fast paced) and some residents can be difficult to please at all times (there are maybe three I can think of off-hand). But, as an overly critical and commonly pessimistic individual, there isn't much else I can think of off hand. I am being genuine!!

Nurses who care and are willing to help; management who will help on the floor and listen; coworkers who will pick up shifts if needed and work as a team; a scheduler who is kind and flexible; and residents who are kind, even when you're super busy. Any reputation that you heard of is old. If you give it a try and stick it out past our staff shortage, you won't regret it. Try all of our departments before you quit, as they are all ran differently, as I can speak for. Give it a try for at least three months, and you will rave about this job as much as I am now.
I hated it
Worker (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 14, 2018
We always had to stop doing our work to learn about the plants we were cutting and pulling up , wasting time and i hated getting dirty and sweaty every day after work
Ew
Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 17, 2018
Very rewarding job in that you are able to directly impact the lives of various clients. However, very easily burntout and lack of attention from management regarding pressing issues among staff, clients, and work culture.
Staffing issues
CNA- Med Passer (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNAugust 22, 2018
They state that things are changing even when they aren't. They give you false promises and get your hopes up. The management team doesn't seem to care about the floor staff and will leave you to work short staffed. The residents are amazing. I just wish that the company would figured out staffing issues and treat their staff better.
Pros
Great residents
Cons
No breaks
Workplace
McDonalds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYApril 24, 2018
The workplace was fun , the job was easy, i got along with my crew members , and i enjoyed coming to work. But , the management was poor and not professional.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 mintue breaks and 10 minute breaks
Most highly recommended assisted living in the area- Quality care
CNA (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNMarch 18, 2018
I get to work in this assisted living environment where there are no mechanical lifts and almost every tenant in my groups can walk! The care is directed at providing more cues than any heavy lifting. The tenants and their families are wonderful! Clean and inviting home, not hospital like. The nurses work hard and are easy to talk to about anything going on. There's a great group of staff. I know there are places I could work that would pay more but they are heavy cares that don't provide as good of care.
Pros
Assisted living vs Nursing home environment
Cons
Assisted living pay- but still fair with the perks.
Workplace Culture
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILJanuary 5, 2018
I had a positive experience at Edgewood. I was part of a strong team of teachers and administrators who worked collaboratively to provide the best education for students.
Great Benefits
Special Education Support Facilitator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2017
Edgewood has a tougher population of students, however the district is aware and offer teacher several training days, and great benefits, the pay is competitive to other school districts aswell
Pros
you have the resources and support
Cons
student population may be a bit more difficult
Edgewood Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 16, 2016
i really liked working at Edgewood, very nice management, i was getting good hours, and enjoyed going to work everytime,
Overall great job. The staff really do an excellent job at providing a great environment for the residents to live in.
CNA/Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Soda Springs, IDOctober 11, 2016
Overall great job. The staff really do an excellent job at providing a great environment for the residents to live in, and providing a pleasant space to work in. The supervisors worked closely with us to create a good relationship among residents,staff, and the community.
Pros
free lunches, always well stocked, they work with your schedule
No comment
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 24, 2016
No comment at this time. The facility is nice. The residents and staff are friendly. No other comments at this time. Thank you.
Residenital Counselor
Lead Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I love the receiving home because its warm and nurturing place for children going through difficult times in their lives. Sometimes it is difficult or challenging its rewarding when you do make a difference in someone life.
Great Place to Work!!!
Senior Support Worker/Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 3, 2015
A place that makes a difference... Great Environment...Great People...

Supportive Group of people...I will recommend everyone to apply @ EBFSC
Pros
Great Place to Work...
Cons
N/a
Very rewarding experience working with the senior community
Life Enrichment Director (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 31, 2015
Best job I've ever had as far as personal fulfillment. However, it was hard to balance family life with the demands of 24/7 nature of industry and my need to always want the residents to enjoy every day to the fullest.
Everyone is willing to help you and it is a nice place to work
Family Partner (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAJune 19, 2015
As a Family Partner there are always a lot of challenges with the Youth and Families that we work with. I have learned about how to not to judge other people in tuff situations and to be humble. Managers are always there to help with a problem or situation that comes up. My Co workers are there to help you out and to offer any solutions to help you. When you can't help everyone out, maybe to help as many Youth and Families as you can.
Pros
Time off, Great Company Breaks and Lunches
Cons
Health Care and rate of pay
Residents recieved wonderful care. They were very happy.
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 12, 2014
I enjoyed my time at edgewood. They went through changes in upper managment, that was not so good a change. Eventually it was seen at a coporate level and corrected the problem
productive and rewarding
Bookkeeper/paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Brodheadsville, PASeptember 29, 2014
I enjoy both of my jobs. However, both are part time. Our children are in college which gives me the opportunity to return to full time employment.