Edible Arrangements Employee Reviews

Best job I've had so far
Fruit Expert (Former Employee) –  Trinity, FLFebruary 17, 2018
Edible Arrangements is a fun, fast paced environment with advancement opportunities and equal pay. I would definitely recommend this job to a friend. I would work for them again if given the opportunity.
Pros
Fun, stress free, positive environment.
Cons
None.
Bourbonnais Illinois store
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILFebruary 16, 2018
Terrible place to work, did not follow company protocols like not washing fruit. Manager made people who were not qualified to drive drive the company car, or their own vehicle to deliver food. When the manager was upset with you, she just wouldn't schedule you. On busy days such as valentines day you didnt get a lunch or break. Then after leaving the job, the manager refused to mail out W2s so even though some former employees lived far away, you had to go pick it up. Also allowed employees to take other employees checks with them.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything in description
Easy way to get some cash around Valentine's & Mother's Day
Holiday temp (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2018
I applied as a Valentine's Day week temp at various Edible Arrangement locations. The application process was super simple (just sending in my resume on Indeed, no extra surveys or lengthy online application). Onboarding was a breeze. The Edible Arrangement locations that I worked at paid under the table, so there was no lengthy verification process. It was refreshing that I didn't have to worry about paying taxes, particularly since that would have eaten into the already low-pay ($9 an hour). It's not great money, but since I was unemployed, it at least gave me a tiny bit of income to fill up my gas tank and buy food while I did my job search. Don't count on getting a lot of hours, however. If the holiday rush doesn't come to fruition and there are less orders than anticipated, they may reduce your hours or cut out one or more days entirely.

The holiday temps get the simple tasks that don't require much training since you are thrown right in. For me, this included washing berries, sorting them by size, and putting them on skewers. Briefly I dipped some berries in chocolate as well. I also had the opportunity to dress up as a strawberry on the corner of the road to advertise for Edible Arrangement's.

All in all, working for Edible Arrangements is much more pleasant than doing fast food or retail. Of the low wage jobs I've held, it was probably the most enjoyable. You could get into a nice little rhythm sorting the fruit. I liked that people usually ordered ahead, so this took off some pressure of having to rush. It could get a little boring, but there was no
  more... grease or filth - and if you work in the fruit prep, no need to deal with customers! I'd consider doing it again for another holiday if I needed money.  less
Pros
You get to snack on chocolate-covered fruit, I got a free smoothie, Got paid in cash right away. No need to wait for payroll.
Cons
No discount for temps on fruit bouquets
Fun place to work
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Lusby, MDFebruary 13, 2018
I worked here seasonally and it was an easy job and extra money around the holidays. The manager was great and the co workers were nice. I would definitely of stayed if it hadn't been for working holidays at another job.
Breaks
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 13, 2018
I was an experience to work there. I had the opportunity to tap into my crafting skills. A typical day at work starts off slow. Most of the orders come through the online site. Fresh fruit is cut and prepped for the morning. Inventory arrangements for the morning pickups and delivery.
Pros
Discounted arrangements
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare benefits.
fun job if yoou are going into the cooking field
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2018
doing kitchen prep, stocking all items, keeping your area sanitary at all times possible , working in a medium to fast pace work environment . knowledgeable of all inquiries relating to edible arrangements.
Business Expansion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Seasonal employment only; great business, welcoming atmosphere and a competitive job, in a fun way. I enjoyed working here, would have wanted to stay.
Pros
Free snacks
Backed Up Because Of The Previous Owner Messed Up All EA Orders
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Typical Day At Work: Very Busy Once Entering, Answering Calls And Making Orders And Checking Online Orders For Delivery As Soon As I Arrived In The Workplace.
Management Was Strict But Wasn't Overwhelming.
Workplace Culture Was Mostly Inviting.
The Hardest Part Everyday In That Specific Store Was Having To Deal With Frustrated Customers From The Previous Owner That We Had To Deal With And Mostly Fix The Situation.
I Enjoyed The Environment And My Co-Workers
Pros
Free Lunch Sometimes, Decent Brakes
good company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2018
• Received orders, organized orders, and successfully delivered to their destinations.
• Communicated with dispatchers to ensure swift delivery of goods.
• Coordinated with other drivers and laborers for movement of large products.
• Ensured complete customer satisfaction with each delivery.
Fun enviroment, small staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 8, 2018
I enjoyed working with a very small and close staff. This allowed us all to know what each person excelled in to insure everyone working optimally to produce the best produce in an incredible pace.
No room for advancement
Fruit Expert / Designer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 8, 2018
I "maxed" out working there. I was good enough to get 3 raises in 2 years however was not made assistant manager even though I was doing the role. Easier to fire me for "not meshing well" anymore and hire a new hire at minimum wage.
Fun and productive
Fruit arranger/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 8, 2018
Great management. They have a fun and fast paced work experience. If you like and enjoy crafts, this is the perfect job for you. It will not disappoint.
It was a good enviroment to work in by yourself
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 8, 2018
The overall company is pretty satisfying with making fruit fun but how they go about it is terrible. Management wants to dip fruit in a liquid substance to have it last longer instead of getting old fast. Once you cut any fruit, you have to eat it right away but working with that much and realizes what we throw to waste is incredible especially how some people want the fruit to be sweet 100% percent of the time when its not even their season yet. When they are low on employees they make people that are temps drive even if you are not able to you cant say no, its never an 8 hour shift unless your manager or supervisor the most i worked in a day was 6 no more but sometimes less. The one on mission blvd is a mess. They would hire people and after a while just not put them on schedule.
Pros
Free fuit, made my own arrangments
Awesome Management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 6, 2018
Very fun place to work, it does get crazy around the holidays but the management is great they are really there for you . I was a delivery driver and I loved it . The reason I left was I needed a fulltime job and my position was part time, but an awesome place to work
Busy at times, slow at times, holidays are insane
Customer Service/Production (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 5, 2018
Lots of work for minimum wage. If you are a closer you would sometimes have to open and close the store which was an 11 hour shift. They would have people there to help you in the morning, but after a certain time you were there all by yourself no matter how busy you got. Management was hard to get ahold of if there was an issue with a customer that you could not make a decision about. During the holidays you were expected to be there by 5 am and you could not leave until all the orders were made for that day which would be close to 11 pm and you had to be back in at 5 am the next morning. This would repeat until the holiday week was over. Very aggravating when the owners would let people continue to keep ordering even though the employees are exhausted and backed up.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No holidays off at all.
Fast paced environment
Food Preparer/ Arranger (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYFebruary 3, 2018
Very fast paced work environment. Emphasis on cleanliness and safety. Good management and support people. Interesting products delivered to customers.
Fast, Fun and task filled
Customer Service Representative / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAFebruary 2, 2018
Good people and good company. Lots of part time, various of jobs withing the job. Flexible, fair and treated with respect and just a fun place to work.
Not a great place to work
Fruit Expert (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTFebruary 1, 2018
The environment was very slow paced and relaxed. They never taught me anything and expected me to just learn by watching. They were always smoking near the fruit and it was really disgusting. The people there made me very uncomfortable.
Great place, just not for me
B2B Account Rep/ Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAJanuary 31, 2018
I miss the action of being in the sales force. I am looking to help build a company and help other team members reach optimal success. I I will be leaving on great terms and will have a reference from them.
Fun place to work, fast paced during holidays
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Prepping/cutting fruits for arrangements. Dipping fruits in chocolate. Routing deliveries and customer service in person as well as over the phone. Usually the people are fun to work with.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor benefits