Edina Public Schools Employee Reviews

Fantastic district to work in
First Grade Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 27, 2019
The kids, staff, and community at Cornelia Elementary made this a great place to work! I have always felt valued and respected by everyone. Through collaboration with my team and building, we helped kids achieve everyday. I would highly recommend working at Edina Public Schools.
Could be an amazing place to work.
Recreational leader (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 15, 2019
However, many of the coworkers are clicky. Very cold shouldered. Money wise, it is not enough to live, per my leaving. I love the environment of working with children. I like the freedom of expression, and teaching. Where Edina public schools is striving for diversity, it is extremely lacking. Don't believe the news, their students are not happy. There is constant bullying among peers that is often not addressed. Time wise, they have put many of their employees on split shifts, with a two hour between working. This leads to a full on 14 hour day back and forth to work/at work.
N/a
Education Associate (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 12, 2018
I learned a lot and it was absolutely rewarding to work with the individuals and students. Assisting the students to reach their upmost potential is a typical day at work and the most enjoyable part of the job.
teacher in a special program
Teacher, continuous progress program (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 6, 2018
While i believe in the continuous progress program, it was a difficult program right out of college. Spent a ton of time preparing curriculum because of the program.
great place to start
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 15, 2017
this was a great place to work in a collaborative environment to assist kids with their development. I would highly recommend to anyone working towards a teaching degree!
Edina Schools provided me an opportunity to earn a pension.
Technical Support & Multimedia Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MN 55424December 12, 2017
In my last technical support position with Edina, I did not have a routine day. In supporting approx. 125 computer users, machines and software, there were times I didn't get my coat off before I was called to troubleshoot a problem. That also ended up being the hardest part of the job because at the end of those days, I had nothing tangible to show for my time.

I was paid to participate in numerous technical classes through TIES and learned many new skills that I could apply to my job.

The work atmosphere, at times, was challenging.
Pros
I made lots of lifelong friends and gained an enormous amount of computer skills.
Cons
Expected to perform tasks beyond what time would allow.
Excellent classroom teachers and support staff.
Associate Educator-Early Childhood (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 14, 2017
Classroom preschool teachers and support staff are amazing and the top reason for working in the early childhood program. Everyday I experience a new challenge and highlight. I found the most difficult aspect of a job in public education is the variety of learning profiles out there in the world and the inability of administrations to provide the support needed in classrooms. The overwhelming amount of paperwork and the variety of personalities/cultures teachers learn to embrace and work with is impressive. Unfortunately, they are not given the time to complete what is required of them and therefore not paid what they are worth. The reason to have this job is clearly the people you work side by side with every day and the wonderful kids.
work
Kids club rec leader (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 17, 2017
Helping kids in a after school program and making sure they are learning new experiences on field trips also meeting new families and learning all i can about the kids
Pros
meeting new families
Tutor
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 5, 2017
A typical day at work varied from scheduled to unplanned materials being taught based on students' needs, upcoming tests, and homework due dates. I have learned to accommodate different teaching habits in order to achieve the maximum growth for each student. Edina Public Schools managed this tutoring program where student tutors were assigned students in need of academic help. The workplace culture was laid back when dealing with everyday homework, but rushed during exams and finals. The hardest part of the job was meeting the needs of the student's parents when given a small time period to prepare for exams. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see progress in the student's academic achievements.
Pros
nice location
Cons
irregular schedules
Volunteer
Summer Shades Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 4, 2017
I was a volunteer so I don't know anything about their pay or benefits, but it was a fun environment to work in. Lots of cool camps to work in, the kids had fun.
A Strong District to Teach In
Teacher (Former Employee) –  EdinaApril 20, 2017
Fairly high pressure environment with elevated academic standards compensated by a supportive, understanding administration and respectful, driven students.
Fantastic District!
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 2, 2016
I love working for Edina Public Schools. Great people, supportive administration, intelligent and fun co-workers. One of the greatest parts of the job, however, is working with students.
Great environment to work
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 18, 2016
The Edina School District is an enjoyable atmosphere to be a part of. The young people I work with on a daily basis are very respectful and take pride in learning new things daily. My colleagues have all shown me great respect as well.
Edina Public Schools has an outsourced nutrition program
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 14, 2016
I would like to clarify that EPS does not have a district operated nutrition program. It is outsourced so my review would technically be for Compass Group.
Pros
Great school district staff, great hours
Cons
the Compass Group
enjoyed working with most of the staff
Laundry/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 31, 2015
Lots of good people to work with, enjoyed being there and had no problem doing whatever I was asked to do. I did uniform maintenance and district laundry.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
budget cust
uncertainty at job, very tensed at work
DISTRICT PARAPROFESSIONAL SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 19, 2015
Co-workers are not friendly. Manager do not perform what is necessary.productivity is low per day and per child involved in the program.
Great School District
Equity and Inclusion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 2, 2014
Great School District that is in need of more diversity. I worked with the district for three years in an effort to lower the achievement gap between white students and students of color.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and manager
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 22, 2013
Creating adhoc and monthly reports via Peoplesoft and InfoHRm systems. Met monthly with HR Generalists to go over monthly reports on attitrion, new hires and terminations. My individual manager was very approachable, knew the work and easy to work with. As I stated above I truly enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not always knowing what direction our team was going in. What I enjoyed most about my job was the variety of work and working with the different business units.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Being laid off