Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Great
Undergraduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 13, 2018
Working with Edinburg School district was a great learning experience throughout my college career, I enjoyed working and learning among side an amazing staff and group of students.
Best Job ever!
Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 9, 2018
ECISD technology is a great place to start when looking for a first time job. As an intern you learn a lot about technology and professionalism. Its also a way to get your foot in the district. They always encourage you to apply to opening positions and they work with you while you go to school. actually going to school is a must for them.
good place to work.
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 31, 2018
it is a great place to work this job enviorment is one of the best ive worked in some days we might have out differences but at the end of the day it was great.
Fun and interesting
AVID leader (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 6, 2018
Working in this company was great! typical day of work consisted of teaching high school students various disciplines. Our supervisors were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is trying to explain concepts to kids that are unwilling to learn. This contrasts the enjoyment and relief one gets after successfully teaching a concept to the students.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no overtime hours
Great place to work at. High expectations for all employees and students.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 5, 2018
Edinburg CISD was an excellent place to work at. I thoroughly enjoyed working for them. The only reason I retired was to take care of my Mom who was battling cancer and my two oldest children who are Autistic.
Internship here has been very helpful
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 17, 2018
ECISD has provided me with a very helpful and friendly environment to put my skill set to use. Day in & day out I have been been faced with many challenges and I was able to resolve all issues if not by my self with the help of others
Hands on with equipment
Network Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  AnywhereMay 4, 2018
Great place to work. You can get to use what was learned in class and apply it in a professional environment. Recommend it to anyone. Hands on is the way to go.
ECISD Scorekeeper
Scorekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXApril 5, 2018
Great job if you're into sports and collaborative. You learn to adjust and manage yourself and is a good way to meet new people. Most enjoyable part was being able to watch the games if and when they get intense.
Pros
Free food at the concession
Cons
Fast pace, make sure to pay attention
Chemist
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMarch 5, 2018
Experiences and Chemistry knowledge as well as all my skills to solve problems, work under pressure and supervise personal.As well as working as a team and alone.
Excellent Work place Awesome Environment! A Blessing!!!
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 24, 2018
Worked with the Best administrative team very motivational, desired to excel in every area thru out school year from decorating to parents & students.
Pros
Very Collaborate, understanding, helpful fun environment
Cons
30 min lunch
Slow paced/No pay
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 20, 2018
There is almost no good pay, the hours are ok, evenings off, weekends off, holidays off, but no health benefits. Being happy with the job depends on the school and grade level
Productive and Excellent environment
College Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 5, 2018
I would review and assist students with any work or assignments they needed to complete. I enjoyed students and environment but needed more options to open up other doors.
Pros
environment
Cons
stressful/ lack of benefits
productive
Parental Involvement Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoy working at the campus I am.
I learn something new everyday, it is a non learning environment workplace.
working with parents always a pleasure
classroom setting
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 4, 2018
I taught students from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm. I learned how to collaborate with other teachers, teach students at all levels, classroom management. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with grading papers, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with staff and students.
Pros
students
Cons
not enough time in the day
Productive place and flexible for interns.
Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXNovember 16, 2017
Internship is flexible 20hr part time work while enrolled in and actively taking hours at a institution of higher learning. The job typically involves helping computer specialists do campus wide maintenance on anything technology related. To move up to a full time position is highly political and may require to know people and build good relations with the top level players in order to move up.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Not much job opportunity outside of being an intern within the organization, very political.
Productive workplace
Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXNovember 15, 2017
The things that I learned working at Edinburg Consolidated School District as a Technology Intern was the repair of PC. Also the people that would teach me how to work with computer hardware and software
Pros
free luches
Cons
long breaks
Great Job if you need afternoons free
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 9, 2017
Overall good workplace, you get out early latest being 330-4pm great job if you have an evening job or simply want to spend time with your kids, wife, family. Couple cons are that the pay is low, and your opportunity for advancement is limited, and not to mention you're off summers so if you don't have a second job you're outta work for a couple months.
Pros
lots of time off lots of vacation time
Cons
lack of career advancement, low pay
Great place if it wasn't for the stress
Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXOctober 9, 2017
Teaching can be stressful and this district gives you all the bells and whistles to make your classroom pop, but the demographics that you deal with are what make the job difficult and stressful. Not being bilingual is a big setback. Must be bilingual.
Pros
nice schools and great technology in every classroom
Cons
work/life balance
ok
Speech therapist (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXSeptember 13, 2017
being a school district not much can be said about a district other than the only downfall is traveling from school to school and having to look for your children wasting valuable precious minutes.
All campuses are working to the best interesting to kids snd comunity
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXSeptember 4, 2017
I am so excited to work in ECISD, the work environment help to development all abilities to do the best, providing all resources to do it and, when you are in these district, you can feel that everyone are in the same synchrony .
Pros
flexibility
Cons
some times short breaks