Edison Home Health Care Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Nope
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 5, 2018
No chances in advancing in Edison home care they don’t anything to there employee no union the coordinators are rude you can never get them on the phone
Pros
No pros
Cons
It all cons
Great teamwork
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
Good company although no opportunity to grow. Have been asking for promotion, the request has never been delivered to the director. Good for people who are looking to start any office career.
Management of day (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 18, 2018
I have been with the company a short time but they have been very helpful to me specially since I am new to the state. They care for their staff and everyone is treated like they are part of the family, all they ask is that you act like an adult and do your part. We are here to take care of people who are in NEED and if you don't show up or the same uncle keeps dying every other week than you cant be upset that we stop using you as an employee because the almost 4000 patients that are in our family need us to be helpful, reliable and consistent with our services. if you are serious about working and have a good heart that loves to help others, then we have a lot of work and we welcome you to our family. Come give us a chance and see for yourself why so many people love our company. we truly are EDISON Home Health Care and everyone that's with us is part of our family.
Ridiculous
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 17, 2018
I constantly was in contact trying to begin a case with them but they were very unprofessional. Never answering or returning calls or Vmails. I needed a nurse to come out to the residents home but they never did. Constantly made excuses. They procrastinate constantly when it comes down to getting anything done for the client/resident (person in need of assistance) and it actually resulted in me just telling that person to switch companies, which cost me money/job but I couldn’t prolong their help with no pay. I wanted them to continue to get proper care...
good place to work
CDPAP Department Team Leader/ Case coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 25, 2018
Good place to star you career in health care business. Friendly environment to work in. I learn a lot from the management that help me in my daily work.
Wonderful Place
AR supervisor, medical biller, projects manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 26, 2017
I enjoyed tremendously going to work each day. They really cared for me at work. Unfortunately, the lack of work forced me to search for a job else where.
Pros
Monthly breakfast, holiday parties, early dismisals
Cons
Employment turn over
Great company to work at
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2017
Warm office and very friendly atmosphere. Genuinely enjoyed spending time with my coworkers every day. Compensation and benefits could use improvement but there are plenty of employee perks to be happy about.
multicultural envoronment
CDPAP Department Team Leader/ Case coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 9, 2017
Nice place to start the career from the out of college kids. Hi-tech settings. Friendly and multicultural friendly environment. Would recommend for graduated in a health goal career.
Pros
free breakfast a month
Cons
n/a
edison home health aid
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 4, 2017
edison home health aid is a great job its well balanced the clients are nice, the managers are excellent an i love it but i need more hours thatsright
Flexible while also educating
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Working as a personal assistant for a disabled patient allows me to display certain administrative knowledge I have acquired while take courses in medical assisting. Majority of my day is spent either attending medical appointments with my client to ensure that he and his physician(s) have clear communication, being that, my client is not too fluent in English. I am also responsible for keeping track of, and up-to-date with his appointments, car services, etc.
As I stated before, I have taken a few courses in medical assisting. I wouldn't necessarily view this jobs as a learning experience, I though I know I am not an actual "MA", I still would view this more as practice, because, I am not done with my studies, and, this keeps my mind on the medical field as I continue my Health Administration online.
Pros
Enough time is allowed to focus on my studies
very good place to work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11218July 12, 2017
you are allowed time to form bonds with your patient, very respectful and helpful staff. they work really hard to accommodate to your schedule. i will surely recommend to a friend.
Good and Bad
RN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2017
Pros. Very friendly management. Willing to pay you overtime at time and a half if running late. Very good at getting supplies you need. Provides some aspects of uniform. Cons. Training is basic and rushed. Not much if any mentoring. Constant pressure to take on extra hours.
I can't recommend this office
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2017
I cant recommend this office anyone . Salary is low. No respect. Everyone throws work at the new people. A lot of people quit and the management expects those that stay to fill in and do the work of those that quit. They pile work on people and don't pay them extra.
Pros
no positives
Cons
Does not pay well. Expect more than what is required.
Its a fulfilling Job
Personal Care Aide (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Albion, NYJune 14, 2017
Working with people is a great way to move up and continue to help people. I find it enjoying knowing that i make a difference in someones life no matter how small the task,.
Pros
You get paid even when your on your lunch break
Cons
its a no stop prosess
Not a good home care agency
Director (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 29, 2017
I held administrative level position. I worked at Edison for 2 years and I can say if your a home health aide this is not the place for you to work. The coordinators are rude. Everyone who works there get paid on time. The cases are low so everyone will not get a case. When they call yome they are trained to make you believe its the best place ever and you will be disappointed once you get your first pay check or when you call to get your first check.
Pros
Company is growing
Cons
Everything from payroll to getting work.
The Brooklyn location is horrible/ shiesty women work here
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, New YorkMay 17, 2017
My mother worked here and was treated very poorly.They were more concerned about the money that they're making off their clients then the home health aides well being. Several women working in the Brooklyn location were cons and it was just a horrible experience for my mother and her family.
Pros
Cons
reduced pay without explanation, client matters more then home health aide
A busy workplace with lots of supervision
Staffing Coordinator/HR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2017
If your up to working 5 days a week. Over 9 hrs per day to deal with heavy calls and busy lines. Hated it after a couple months working there. Too much favoritism and little professionalism.
Pros
Free lunch and great pay
Cons
No benefits
Nice company
office (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 18, 2016
It's a nice company to work at. They have a lot of company get-together. They are also closed on all major Jewish holidays. The con is that it is very tight space in the office, and there is no windows.
Great first job
Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 25, 2015
I had the opportunity to work as a coordinator. Very busy office, you have to handle a lot of cases. My supervisor was a leader, will not only help you out, will train you and support you to have your job well done. Co-workers, some were 5 stars, others would try to take you down as much as possible.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
No benefits
It was a lesson learned
Quality Assurance Officer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2015
I have been working for Edison Home Health Care for the past 7 years and it has been an experience, some thing have change in the passed years but I'm ok with that I can adjust to the changes. A typical day at Edison is very busy and interested, I learned a good deal from Edison I stared as a receptionist and over the years moved up to Quality Assurance Office, I would say the hardest part of this job is having everyone work together as a company and not department against department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Edison Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Edison Home Health Care Reviews by Location