Edmonds Community College Employee Reviews

School was good
December 2017. My externship was completed (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 30, 2018
I completed the program here and fulfilled my needs. It wasn't a job but school. The school was helpful at time but felt it was a little unorganized and informal when details were asked.
great learning opportuinity
Marketing Lead - START (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMay 23, 2018
START (student technology advise and resource team) is great place to learn and be able to teach other students. A typical day consisted of reseting passwords for Canvas (school website for class content) and making their accounts on edmail (college email account). On the side we would also be working on other projects like I made google websites for all the clubs at Edmonds Community College and many more other side projects. Workplace environment was really good because the coworkers were good!
Productive and cultural enrichment
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMay 20, 2018
Love the working space. A lot of diversity. Management is highly professional. Friendly and helpful employees. The best part of the job is to meet new people and be able to help them with their issues. I don't like the drop-in hours but at the same time I love it because no one should leave without being helped. I always feel great after helping another satisfied customer.
Pros
Everyone participates in helping and work well as a group
Cons
Busy during drop in hours
Employment at EDCC
Senior Comm. Svc. Employment Program (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 15, 2018
Nothing to add to overall review which covered, job security, management, job culture, job work/life balance. The head of my department and her staff made the work environment very pleasant.
Pros
Supervisor/director/department head
Cons
hours
Excellent management
part time (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 23, 2018
Working for Edmonds Community College was a great experience. Most of the time we work in teams and my supervisor did work with us instead of just telling us to do it.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
limit work hours
Great
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 22, 2018
Wonderful place to work, slow to change, large system. Supportive, liberal views, great people and helpful. Part of the community and many employees are long term employees
Good place with an amazing diverse population
Lead Supervisor, Print & Mail Services (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 20, 2018
Edmonds Community College was overall a wonderful place to work.
I had an amazing boss that was always supportive.
The pay was lower than other colleges and school districts, was my only complaint.
Great Place!
Professional Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAApril 14, 2018
Great place, awesome staff. Very flexible , works well with students and school schedule. Would for sure recommend for any going to school needing a great first job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
The IT Department has a different culture than the rest of the organization
Project Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMarch 30, 2018
I worked in the IT department, which has a different corporate culture than the rest of the college. For the most part, it is pretty laid back. IT does not have much respect for the rest of the departments and seem to consider those outside of the department as less intelligent or a bother to work with. The benefits are great. Great medical, dental, 401K and vacation. I was a Temporary Exempt employee so I was paid more and had more benefits than a Classified employee.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
Managers can be bias in promoting their friends
Temp Work
Networking Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMarch 21, 2018
It was a temporary Student worker job, overall i enjoyed it. I gave me a new appreciation, of what real network technicians do an how hard they wroked
Cons
temp work
отличный опыт по работе с иностранными студентами
Accounting Tutor in Edmonds Community College (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMarch 15, 2018
Здесь я имела возмозность получить отличный опыт по работе с иностранными студентами.
Отличый руководитель, прекрасная корпоротивная культура компании.
Great people, little pay
Instructional Facilitator and Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMarch 14, 2018
As with most community colleges, the pay is rarely compensable to the workload or the skillset the employee brings to the organization. If you are looking to make a great salary, stay out of public education.
Pros
Good culture and people
Cons
Pay and benefits
As a student, the environment was collaborative and productive
Full time student (Former Employee) –  Allied HealthMarch 9, 2018
I didn't work at Edmonds Community College. I was a full time student there. I took over 12 units each quarter and some classes were online as required by the program
the people
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMarch 6, 2018
overall Edmonds Community College was a fun place to work, it was a very friendly environment where I was allowed to explore my different talents. It was a good experience
Pros
free lunch
Cons
physically challenging
Productive and fun workplace
IT Help desk (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAFebruary 18, 2018
It was fun and productive, gained useful work experience. Our overseer was in command, highly knowledgeable, and understanding of his subordinates needs and questions.
fun work place
Veteran Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJanuary 18, 2018
i enjoyed my time working there mainly because of the people i worked with and the people i helped out in my position. I would recommend my position to others that would be interested.
What I learned
Front desk assistant in the gym (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CADecember 31, 2017
It was really fun to work as a front desk assistant at Edmonds. The staff was great. I learned how to work as a group. Sometimes, we help other students create the events by provinding thems tools and equipments in the Gym.
Relaxed work environment. Good starter job.
Lab Manager & Server Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 31, 2017
My position is good for the benefit of experience but part time employees leave to take jobs in the industry.

Full time employees do tend to stay in their positions for a long time.
Very relaxed working environment.
Indeed is forcing me to do this!
Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 12, 2017
It's been a long time ago. I work in a small tech department but my supervisor make it seems like there's a lot to do which we don't. It's very stressful not because of work but the employees there!
I worked there many years: long enough to still have nightmares about it.
I don't want ninjas coming after me. (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 3, 2017
Adjunct Instructors (60% of staff) are taken for granted, can be let go without much notice, are paid far less than tenured, work as much and more than they do, still get lower pay. Relations between instructors can therefore be vicious, back stabbing and mean as dog eats dog. A number of admin. departments were seriously inept and made costly mistakes due to it. That being said, there are some decent people there who remain friends.
Pros
Good food at the College Cafe!
Cons
They want to keep instructors adjunct and 60% there are.