Edsal Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Very poor work place.
Stocker/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Gary, INMarch 5, 2019
slow at pace at edsal manufacturing. I learned that, that business is not professional and very disrespectful. Management is very poor, really no management at all. Hardest part of job is no help or no supervision. I really did not enjoy that job.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
no health care or benefits
I really enjoyed working here.
Checker/ assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2019
Been working with this company for about 7 years. I had to leave because of my family and I were moving to Colorado springs. I enjoy the dedication and determine this company has instill in me a person. Thank you all.
Pros
Had the opportunity to grow in this company. Learn new job titles and work hard doing them
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay rate at the time
Needs to focus
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2018
Management is not very good....dictatorship. But I get it it’s a family business. No review process, no structure no culture. Whatever is cool at the time we’ll take 10 of those.
Pros
Free shelves
Cons
Free shelves that were made in China
only three breaks and people talk to you crazy
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 30, 2018
it a job to get bye and hard work for little pay and no benefit the supervisor don't know how to talk to the co-worker the building is used and they make you stay aajust your will
Assembly
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 24, 2018
This job is fast paced and sometimes difficult. There are no benefits but after a year or so you receive a week paid vacation. I liked the job because you are inside during the winter,and you can enjoy two breaks throughout the day. Overtime was offered at certain times of the year
This place is the worst I ever worked
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2018
The management is horrible, the pay was awful, the employees had no respect for the work place or each other. I was so happy to leave this ratchet place of employment.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
pay scale, safety, manangement
Edsal has changed...for the better
operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
Edsal was always a family owned and operated company and the good family values are still there. Understanding people who are compassionate and respectful of personal needs. During the past few years, the culture has become much more team oriented. Edsal has been investing in the future and promoting from within. The pace is high speed - but there the team is great and reward of being part of an American manufacturing success is really great.
Pros
family oriented
No room for advancement
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gary, INApril 20, 2018
Was not a good company to work for. I did not like the fact that there were no vacation time.T he work was manual labor which was racing physically.T he environment was hostile.
Pros
Early shift availability.
Cons
Short breaks and lunches
job
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJanuary 27, 2018
The job was ok I think I probably would have stayed if it was better pay. I left because of health issues. I did not get workers comp. I wish that they paid more it would have been better. The workers that was there were nice some of the managers were cool.
Pros
nice workers
Cons
need to get better pay for the work.
Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2017
I loved working there, the people were very respectful, we got long lunch breaks, everything else was great, the people were very respectful, the supervisor was great I loved it, I would suggest this job to anyone, because the time passed fast in this environment
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Long breaks
It's hot in the summer and most likely cold in the winter
Labeling (Former Employee) –  Gary, INOctober 18, 2017
A good place to work for teenagers right out of high school, and for people who are trying to make extra bucks. Some of the staff is alright, but most walk around like they own the company. This job is a great stepping stone for some
It was a fun and productive place to work at
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2017
It was a fun productive place to work at but at the same time management and team leaders always had it every other week off but not the employees before he had to work every time no days off
Pros
Free food on Saturdays some Saturdays
Cons
Short breaks when you are working 10 to 12 hours a day
Not a good work enviroment.
Forklift Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJuly 13, 2017
While working here I experienced a less than happy place to go to work on a daily basis. The management is very poor, employees are seldomly in a good mood due to lack of wages for the amount of labor put into work. It's not a fair workplace for supervisors play favorites and it reflects on your job as an individual due to point system and reprecussions aren't given out fairly if your not a favorite!! I enjoyed working on equipment but moral of workplace all around sucked.
Fun and relaxing work place. Very convienant
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2017
I enjoy working at edsal. Its one of the best places ive worked at.. Close to home , great hours , friendly people, conformable with my current position.
Pros
Great work hours. Close to home
Cons
Pay rate. New management, cutting jobs
Family Owned and room for improvement
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2017
Company is behind the times when it comes to management. People wear many hats which leaves people with lots on their plate and no family life. There are no back-up plans when someone goes out on vacation or sick leave. Company has a lot of room for improvement and can react quickly to change.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Old school thinkers
Productive and fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2017
It was a fun and productive place to work, learned new skills each day and some of the people there were great people to work with good life experiences
Pros
Respectful of mandatory breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Safe and clean enviroment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Gary, INMarch 9, 2017
We load and unload truck with merchandise for Walmart and Sam club we shipped it across the country learning how to organize situation in life and cleaning
Fast paced
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Gary, INDecember 7, 2016
From 6 AM to 3:30 PM, there are different tasks that have to be done. The lines have to be set up, parts in the right places, and instruction sheets ready for consumers. Different product means a different number is the goal b y the end of the day. Depending on the pace, the goal number is always exceeded.
Fast paced
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Gary, INDecember 7, 2016
A typical day at Edsal can be very fun. Job is fast paced with numerous tasks to complete. Work begins for me at six in the morning and the shift ends at three thirty in the afternoon. Some Saturdays, workers come in from 5 A.M. to 1 P.M.
Great work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2016
A great company to work for the manager were great to work with always a team player and I learned how to driver the fortlift